Virtual Reality Time Trial. Open to WRS Members Only

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 154 comments
33.590 & 19.607 & 47.538 = 1'40.735 GTP_Eriba
34.136 & 20.407 & 47.750 = 1:02.293 Pigpin 13

Didn't notice any difference in times Joe, but then I'm not the sharpest pin in the sowing box.

Like this in VR, did you think the track looks a lot wider through the head set. I hope PD comes up with some new content for this in the new year. 👍👍
34.136 & 20.407 & 47.750 = 1'42.248 Had to fix this. Sorry.

I posted my Jag time earlier but here it is again so the list is complete.

33.590 & 19.607 & 47.538 = 1'40.735 GTP_Eriba
34.136 & 20.407 & 47.750 = 1'42.248 Pigpin 13
34.542 & 20.108 & 47.732 = 1:42.382 JamCar0ne

Results for Jaguar F-Type

Ok I'll post the AMG F1 W08

Get ready for the face distorting TT But don't do the same as Jeremy, best to keep the lips tightly closed. bugs can sting.

upload_2018-12-5_8-1-6.jpeg

Last edited:
Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ '2017

full

Alsace-Village

:: Open to All GTPlanet Registry Members ::

GTP_Gravitron
GTP_Bass_Addict
Pigpen13
Mcfizzle
Gordy749
MikeyLCR
Max3biaggi
GTP_Eriba
Jamcarone

1'26.248 GTP_Eriba
1:27.176 JamCar0ne
59.453 Pigpin13

icon_place_1st.png
us.gif
icon_controller_wheel.png
GTP_Eriba -
Trophy_Gold.png

icon_place_2nd.png
uk.gif
Jamcarone
Trophy_Silver.png

icon_place_3rd.png
us.gif
Pigpin13--
Trophy_Bronze.png

4)

I'll edit as you post your full lap times

Last edited:
Thanks lucas and sorry to Jeff.

This geriatric old fossil was waiting for my son to get out of bed to translate for me. What you were asking as it was a question.

I'm not good with abbreviation and text talk, so I have to ask my son or daughter.

Lots of comments about psvr to read , in a nut shell it's a toy, don't expect the same visual quality as 2D but I find it good fun and it does immerse you more than 2D just looking out the side window at your exit point beyond the apex is so much more natural.

Last edited:
29.939 & 26.917 = 56.856 GTP_Eriba
31.923 & 27.530 = 59.453 Pigpin13

Sorry it 's been a long time coming Joe, I was expecting more to jump inside the cockpit of this F1 missile. Wind in your hair and all that.

Sorry it 's been a long time coming Joe, I was expecting more to jump inside the cockpit of this F1 missile. Wind in your hair and all that.
I should’ve put more effort into it. I was sidetracked by improving my time for WRS tt. Good run Phillip

Thanks Joe.

I'm having vision problems, all I can see is the top of the front wheel, I sit here like a Giraffe trying to see something of the track. I must try to position the camera at a better height as its a good few inches above my head on top of the TV screen.

Serves me right for fixing the TV to the wall so high, on one of those extending swivel brackets.

30.578 & 27.161 = 57.739 JamCar0ne

Been meaning to post my time all week. Super fun combo, ran more laps in VR than in pancake and my VR time is faster too. :) The only annoying thing about the combo was GTS really wants you to drive as though you are a really short person. But found if I recalibrated every lap, the problem became less the more laps you ran.

I'm having vision problems, all I can see is the top of the front wheel, I sit here like a Giraffe trying to see something of the track. I must try to position the camera at a better height as its a good few inches above my head on top of the TV screen.

Serves me right for fixing the TV to the wall so high, on one of those extending swivel brackets.

I would think having the camera a few inches above your head to be a good thing as the camera needs clear line of site to the VR headset. If you have it too low, the wheel blocks the line of site and mucks with the experience. Don't know what kind of setup you are using, but the tv is not part of the equation on how VR works. I run a projector so the PS4 is near the projector a good 15 feet from the screen. Impossible to put the camera where they suggest (above or below tv screen). So I have the camera sitting on a table near the PS4 and physically turn my rig to face the camera. I leave the TV turned off when using VR.

💡
Idea, what if you mount the camera at whatever height needed behind the TV and swivel the TV out of the way when using VR?

You may of guessed had a little break from VR on the run up to the xmas Holiday.

Been busy for a few weeks putting together a number of combo's for TFN (Thursday Fun Night) it takes many hours to test the ideas and iron out any problems.

I'm hoping to keep it in house as to speak (wrs) so long as there is a good turn out with +1s if you wish, as open lobby is real hard work with strategies, that they never stick too.

Resume VR in the new year, still got to get some moneys worth out of it.

Kevin it would be nice to do a few laps in VR again, get some return on money spent.

We didn't do much in the way of grinding lap after lap, but still good fun.
We'll get one or two going again.

Back