Vision GT: A Great Initiative or a Dying Concept?

• Thread starter NW48
  • 137 comments

Is Vision GT Worth It?

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
GTP_NW48
I've searched and I couldn't find a thread that proposes this question.
So anyway, I've been reading through the comments section in news articles that refer to Vision GT and I've been noticing a very sharp decrease in the interest of Vision GT. Between December and February everyone was complaining about the lack of Vison GT cars, come March-June everyone was in love with the amount of Vision GT cars we were getting. It's now August and I've started seeing a major decrease in the interest of the program.
So, the question is; Do you think Vision GT is worth it?
I say this as many would rather 'real' cars over the concept cars made through Vision GT. For me, I think Vision GT is a brilliant idea and helps showcase what manufacturers can do when the are given free reign on the design process. I mean we've seen great cars such as the Mercedes AMG VGT and the BMW VGT. Yes I'll admit that a few were based from previous concepts (looking at you Mitsubishi!), but for me, that doesn't change my opinion.
So enough of me, what is your opinion?

I like them, and if you've seen a down turn in interest it's because many people on this site get their panties in a twist when they don't get new content every week... it's the few weeks wait between releases that people don't like IMO, rather than the cars.

I do think though, that from the outset, it was a stop-gap plan to deliver high profile car DLC, without actually having to introduce many new vehicles during the life of GT6, so they can save all the new stuff for GT7.

GT may have some issues now but the Vision GT project is an amazing idea and specialy for those that really enjoy and understand car design, its epic.

What I don't understand is the pessimistic wave that goes upon even the good stuff GT related.

Exclusive cars? Made from car design studios specialy for us? Great videos about the creative process? All for free? Oh let me complain about that too.

C'mon.

I like the idea in principle but even if I disregard any of Gran Turismo's other issues, for me without interiors they are novelties that make for a few interesting photos and a hot lap or two. Mostly without proper interiors they are like a new standard car. The designs are great but as it stands I think they are a good idea poorly implemented so far (Kaz has said he would LIKE to use the interiors).

I have enjoyed the VisionGT programme so far and I am excited to see what is still to come. It is very disappointing that the cars, bar the VW, have no interior but otherwise I love them. GT7 will I assume feature them.

VGT is one of the stronger aspects of GT6 for me despite it obviously being used to severely limit the number of real new cars introduced. The main issue is the novelty wears off quite quickly as the events in the game are stale and the AI offers no incentive to race. All I do now is Time Trials and race 24m events with an ever expanding selection of cars.

Vision GT is an amazing project but a bad run.
in any Simulator is essential internal detailed cockpit view.
missing this in the Vision GT
and the sound of cars is also another factor that sinks the project.

I can't feel flying an extremely advanced, and sports car.

It's a great idea, but GT6 for me is so boring now, I basically won't pick it back up until Lamborghini, Bertone, Alpine or Ford's are added.

A dying concept?! A bizarre way to describe it, even from a negative perspective. It is a new completely innovative concept for driving games, which typically don't add many new ideas.

It engages real world manufacturers in an interesting way I think. I like it, and have enjoyed them all so far. Plus it provides unique manufacture backed vehicles to Gran Turismo.

It's nice, I've enjoyed the cars they've released and I really like the idea in concept but the vast gulf of time between some of the cars being released in the game and the whole "it's not up to PD it's up to the manufacturer" means we get a very inconsistent release schedule for the vehicles. No one knows if/when we'll ever see any particular vehicle we might be looking forward to. I really want to see the Lambo, Ford & the SRT cars but I've not heard a word from any of them.. Bertone is bankrupt, is that car still coming? No one knows, so like with the track creator issues, I can't stay excited for that long about something that is lost in the vast universe of the "unknown/maybe/soon" nebula of GT6 features.

Overall though I enjoy VGT for what it is & I'll be more than happy to try out the new Toyota VGT.. maybe in September sometime. :lol:

So it seam that people here prefer to get Vision GT cars than the Track Creator or community feature :confused: !
Vison Gt cars are Bonus as the Senna DLC, this is not important for the game as Bug fixes, track creator or community feature !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do feel that VGT has been somewhat under-utilised. There's nearly enough cars for them to add an A-spec championship now, and cars like the BMW VGT and AMG VGT RS would lend themselves to one make series quite well.... if only we had more paint and number options for them! (edit: I would still have excitement in my underpants if BMW had released liveries for the VGT that mirroed the current BMW DTM liveries)

Mostly these days my time on GT6 has just been spent hot-lapping the VGT's, so the more the merrier. I don't use cockpit view, and I'm not so fussed about the sounds (they're not great, it just doesn't bother me so much), so really the biggest drawback has been the HD space required for the videos... and since GT is the only game I've played for 9 months, that's really not a problem either :D

So it seam that people here prefer to get Vision GT cars than the Track Creator or community feature :confused: !
Nobody has made that statement.
Vison Gt cars are Bonus as the Senna DLC, this is not important for the game as Bug fixes, track creator or community feature !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firstly, there are very few bugs left in the game. I can't recount any, really.
Secondly, whilst that's a perfectly valid opinion, I don't see why you have one without the other - considering they have been guaranteed to come soon.

Also, dousing your post in an endless trail of exclamation marks doesn't make your post look any better.

Car modelers are not doing programmers or landscape designers job.

I to really hope the cockpit view will eventualy come in the future(although I think it wont happened before GT7... sadly). I highly doubt it will remain only as a teaser image in the dealership. If not why would they put those images in a first place?.. ok, becouse PD.
I always loved the project and I think is a great idea. Those cars we usualy just see in magazines. To be able to test those cars in a game is just a dream come true.
To the complainers. You guys must understand Kaz must continue this project. Immagine he stop the project at this point when companies allready start to put time and resourses in the VGT. What would be their reactions if he sudenly decide to stop everything?

Car modelers are not doing programmers or landscape designers job.
Yep so instead to employ first car modeler, employ people that you really need to finish the game and then when the game is finish you can start working on Bonuses. That is the proper way IMO.

its a very good project in the right moment

- for me, GT6 is, hopefully, a "stand by" for GT7. VGT is fair entertain, what would be of GT6 without it?
- its free and positive marketing for the brand GT everytime a new VGT is revealed.
- real cars DLCs or VGT? here i think PD made the right decision, with VGT cars being released along 2014 they can save most of the new content to value GT7 in its release.
- VGT cars look very good. (interiors would make VGT even better)

Last edited:
Yep so instead to employ first car modeler, employ people that you really need to finish the game and then when the game is finish you can start working on Bonuses. That is the proper way IMO.
Um. I don't know if this is news to you, but car modelers aren't "bonuses". Cars are required in a car game.

hsv
Um. I don't know if this is news to you, but car modelers aren't "bonuses". Cars are required in a car game.

Of course, when I say "instead of employ first car modeler " I mean too many. For example 6 instead of 10 and then you have 4 more landscape modelers to finish the core game.
Then when the game is finish you can think about bonuses and hire the 4 more that you need in my example because you don't need anymore the 4 landscape modelers.

Well do you know the numbers as of now? You're correct in your sentiment, it's just they may actually be directing more work flow at the more pressing tasks currently.

hsv
Well do you know the numbers as of now? You're correct in your sentiment, it's just they may actually be directing more work flow at the more pressing tasks currently.
I don't know the numbers it was just a example, it is like when you build a house first you start with the foundation and then the rest of the house. And with GT6 they are doing everything at the same time which is not the best way and I think it is inefficient.

Last edited:
A dying concept?! A bizarre way to describe it, even from a negative perspective. It is a new completely innovative concept for driving games, which typically don't add many new ideas.

It engages real world manufacturers in an interesting way I think. I like it, and have enjoyed them all so far. Plus it provides unique manufacture backed vehicles to Gran Turismo.

This is my thought.

*leaves before thread turns into bickerfest*

Even from the start it seemed nothing more than a fairly meaningless publicity stunt just like the X1 before, attaching a fancy marketing push around something other racing games had already done in the past (GT included); and with the Standard/Premium issue apparently not going away on the PS4 I can't for a moment think that PD's famously exused limited resources wouldn't have been better spent modeling real cars to full quality compared to a few similarly-Batmobile-looking concept cars which largely did nothing but make the rounds on automotive blogs for a couple weeks before being forgotten.

It's an original project, and a nice addition but it shouldn't be the main focus of GT's car DLC.
If you compare it to what T10 released so far (although it isn't free in many cases), cars that have been added to FM5 have been far more appealing, they are all real life gems and the interiors aren't missing neither.

Well I really don't care about those vision cars... I'd rather see some old classics (which I admit we have plenty of already) and I almost think that these vision cars are just easy way to develop more content in the game...

But on the positive note though it's a great job from PD since a majority of users (well at least in GTP) seems to really love them. I mean I certainly have enough content doing TT's and running online already and I would spend that 55 euros again if I had to, never mind some (IMO) flimsy content.

And the fact that PD is able to keep customers happy is really good thing, I mean I really hope I see my self playing GT as an old geezer, couldn't imagine better doing for my retirement (except racing in real cars LOL) and if people get too pissed over crap content I'm afraid we wont see that GT25 to ever release :D

EDIT: PD should do more challenges, those are usually really cool!

I like the idea but it fell through.. Forza's DLC is jaw dropping good:
Rolls-Royce Wraith
Infiniti Eau Rouge
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Renault Formula E
All from one pack!
FOR FREE!

Now Granted most DLC is payed for and they don't have that many cars but the cars are more desirable
Lambo Veneno
Laferrari
McLaren P1
Koenigsegg Agera
Hennessy Venom GT

This game is really a hold-off to GT7

And even though I have been a PS Fanboy from Birth.. This game almost turned me away.

Back