Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT Super Lap: Circuito de Madrid

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 120 comments
et_
We ended one silly arguement just to get another, wheel users are not unbeatable. as crank has shown multiple times.

I never agreed with you. Please dont use me in your examples.

And btw. I did get the irony @daan was refeering to even if I had no idea gtp123 had multiple accounts, imo it was quite obvious what he ment.

So far every TT is dominated by the wheel drivers, and if someone with ds3 is out there that can be overall 1st, please, show me that I'm in wrong.

For me being the best is be on 1st position not 20th or 87th.

It's not about the DS3 being inferior. It's simply a fact of your average leaderboard topper is going to be quite into the game - so chances are they'll splurge out the couple hundred bucks for a nice wheel to improve the experience.

So far every TT is dominated by the wheel drivers, and if someone with ds3 is out there that can be overall 1st, please, show me that I'm in wrong.

For me being the best is be on 1st position not 20th or 87th.
Talk about stubborn.:rolleyes:
Less than 1 week ago we had this result:

Rear-Wheel-Drive Non-Racing Super Lap @ Apricot hill:
1'st: CRANK_U1 1:28:218 (DS3)
2'nd: GT_Rajman 1:28:246 (wheel)
3'rd: elias_johansson 1:28:333 (wheel)

The reason that most people at the top uses a wheel is exactley what @UrieHusky said. Nothing else.

et_
Talk about stubborn.:rolleyes:
Less than 1 week ago we had this result:

Rear-Wheel-Drive Non-Racing Super Lap @ Apricot hill:
1'st: CRANK_U1 1:28:218 (DS3)
2'nd: GT_Rajman 1:28:246 (wheel)
3'rd: elias_johansson 1:28:333 (wheel)

The reason that most people at the top uses a wheel is exactley what @UrieHusky said. Nothing else.

Im not stubborn, I just comment what I see. And that super lap apricot hill, hmmm, I was like a 4 days without my ps3, so, how come that I don't know about that TT race?

Strange

Last edited:
First of all, I want to apologize to my friend because I brought him into trouble, using his computer to write the previous staff. I don’t have any computer in my home and that's why I did it in his computer! Also we didn’t know about 2 accounts and that was a mistake. And what was said, was all from me!

Well, I wasn’t going to hide anything anyway, and so I tell you that I am gtp123 and gtp_123 (PSN: jeros_gr from Greece).

The occasion that prompted me was the last race with Suzuki in Apricot Hill where I finished in 63th position. I could be in the 60th position, maybe better, but ....

What it matters is not who I am but what is happening.

What it matters is not your opinion but how many agree with me.

What it matters is not how many accounts has someone but in which way these accounts are used.

I highlighted an important issue, which has also been said before, and some friends here are trying to underestimate it.

Good luck to all!
:cheers:

First of all, I want to apologize to my friend because I brought him into trouble, using his computer to write the previous staff. I don’t have any computer in my home and that's why I did it in his computer! Also we didn’t know about 2 accounts and that was a mistake. And what was said, was all from me!

Well, I wasn’t going to hide anything anyway, and so I tell you that I am gtp123 and gtp_123 (PSN: jeros_gr from Greece).

The occasion that prompted me was the last race with Suzuki in Apricot Hill where I finished in 63th position. I could be in the 60th position, maybe better, but ....

What it matters is not who I am but what is happening.

What it matters is not your opinion but how many agree with me.

What it matters is not how many accounts has someone but in which way these accounts are used.

I highlighted an important issue, which has also been said before, and some friends here are trying to underestimate it.

Good luck to all!
:cheers:

Now, there is a topic here (which is not about people using 2 accounts here or on PSN.)

Any future posts in this thread will be about the VW at Madrid.

One question, does someone have differet setup for this car? I'm looking for the A1 redbull ring setup.... I have my current setup, almost all stock, I changed bit deferential, bit suspension and gear ratios, my current (best) time is 1:24.039, on a ds3, so, if someone have or know where to find setups for this one, it
Will be very helpful.

Thnx!

The car is provided for the event. Even if you're in your own tuned car when you enter you'll be in the stock one when you start.

The car is provided for the event. Even if you're in your own tuned car when you enter you'll be in the stock one when you start.

Invidual as I wount play all the time one event. They are many other tracks that I want drive this car soooo....

@Konnichiwa my apologies, I thought you were asking specifically for this event since you mentioned your specific time. You'd probably want to check the tuning section for, you know, tunes.

This took me several trials to finally gold it. I always get 0.5 seconds or so away from the gold time for so many runs. I like the handling of this car especially sliding around the corner and clipping the apex. The Japanese guy on the top 10 list ran so nice and perfect with like 1 inch away from the wall clipping all the apex. With perfect trail braking plus bit oversteer here and there, he/she got such a nice curvy line, just amazing to watch the replay.

Off topic: What the heck is going on with the multiple posts arguing about multiple accounts and all that lol. I'm glad to see the mod taking action to bring the topic back on topic lol.

Please stay on topic guys, peace!

Last edited:
This TT was quite great fun. :) It's weird how much faster you can go after you think you hit your limit. This car is very forgiving and much more fun to drive than the Mitsu car we just had that was also 4WD.

I'm also digging the fact that the VW is the only VGT with an interior so far! Though I wish they all did. :( But VAG for the win!

It took some time, but now I finally start to learn how to drive this piece of crap.
1:15.718, lost some time in the 2'nd part of the lap, and a 1:15.4 isn't too far off. However I'm not sure I'm committed enough to do it.:yuck:

edit. 1:15.655:), decent time, but still a ton of time to get, as an example I was 0.126 sec ahead of number 1 guy's ghost after 1'st corner. (not on my fast lap tho:grumpy:)

BTW, why is all VGT cars understeering crap to drive? So far the only really nice VGT car to drive was the Mercedes-Benz VGT Racing Series. The BMW was quite nice aswell, but way to twitchy.

Last edited:
I did a few laps yesterday on this, I personally found car to drive really well. Just wanted to get car before I forgot about this TT as I've missed out on quite a few free Vision GT cars now. Happy to get under 1 second of top, in top 50 and at time top UK ranked player and 2nd fastest without ABS on leaderboard.

DISCLAIMER:

I am new here. Forgive me if I am being annoying.

On Topic: I tried doing this event without driving assists and I got "1'29.879"

If I use any driving assist I end up crashing because if I turn the G27 wheel too far the front wheels lock up and I crash. Any recommendations? I tried this event so many times. It's irritating me.

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER:

I am new here.

On Topic: I tried doing this event without driving assists and I got "1'29.879"

If I use any driving assist I end up crashing because if I turn the G27 wheel too far the front wheels lock up and I crash. Any recommendations?
I'd turn everything off and practice, also to reduce the understeer you have to slide it through the corners, turning AS on helps you control the slides easier. AS is the only Assist you can use and not loose time. Good luck! :)

et_
I'd turn everything off and practice, also to reduce the understeer you have to slide it through the corners, turning AS on helps you control the slides easier. AS is the only Assist you can use and not loose time. Good luck! :)
Thank you. I'm going to try this. Do you recommend DS3 or the G27?

et_
Considering you did "only" 1:29, I'd actually recommend DS3.
Wheel is faster, but whenever I let my friends drive, they're faster with the DS3, so it might be the better option.
however, the wheel is more fun! :)
Haha. The wheel is more fun. I'm going to experiment with both. Thanks again.

Back