Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo (now available in 1.18 update)

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 313 comments
The Roadster is still my favourite VGT to date, since wasn't a full-on highly strung race car, but a kind of mini-supercar that felt loose yet precise. I hope it hasn't lost any of that feel.

........Noo. Nooooo. NOOOOOOOO!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Blu-ray drive on my PS3 just DIED. Oh for 🤬 *********, ******,$%&$'s sake.

Due to me logging on the last two hours of the day & the server being down, I missed my login bonus last night. I hate it when that happens.

As for the challenge, it's fairly easy.

@TayeezSA

All my movies,and games are not working. But DVDs and CDs are a no prob. 100% certain it's bluray drive.

....Crap, what a timing. This tasty looking hyper hatch gets released, and all I can do now is suck on my thumb?

....Wonderful.

Amazing sound to be honest! But why would they make this way better version of one of the coolest VGT's and not add the interior when it's already available? This is the kind of thing why I gave up on GT.

Amazing sound to be honest! But why would they make this way better version of one of the coolest VGT's and not add the interior when it's already available? This is the kind of thing why I gave up on GT.

Blame PD's idea of not giving fixed roof cars a detailed interior, I guess. However, if you look at the Supersport's page ingame, you will notice that the interior "sketch" (the thing all cars have in common in their pages) is different from the Roadster's. It isn't necessarily the same style.

As for the Supersport itself, now that I have had some time with it, it's a good car. The added aero has removed some of the Roadster's finesse, but the overall result is not bad at all. It has spunk, and it doesn't understeer all the time if you know what you're doing.

Blame PD's idea of not giving fixed roof cars a detailed interior, I guess. However, if you look at the Supersport's page ingame, you will notice that the interior "sketch" (the thing all cars have in common in their pages) is different from the Roadster's. It isn't necessarily the same style.

As for the Supersport itself, now that I have had some time with it, it's a good car. The added aero has removed some of the Roadster's finesse, but the overall result is not bad at all. It has spunk, and it doesn't understeer all the time if you know what you're doing.
I recall the interior is essentially a racing production Golf, like the MINI Clubman.

This car is fun to drive! I love the sound and I'm glad they changed the roadsters sound. I hope they do that with the rest of the pre AES VGTs

I think that, with a bit more time, this could pip the Lexus VGT for my favourite. The looks aren't too out there but it still looks insane for a VW GTi. The sound is also fantastic, but could be better. And, after some slight tuning, it is an absolute joy to drive.

It was such a blast to drive tonight! So much fun! My only complaint is that it doesn't exist in real life and that there isn't one in my driveway.

Felt the same, never felt so connected to a car so quick, 1/2 sec of gold first lap, gold second. Then straight to Bathurst consistently around the 2.05. Love the way it points, grips and fires off the corner. Feels narrow too.

Might just be my driving style, but the stock setup seems to be like the MINI VGT in the sense that it just grips with little in the way of adjustablity.

But who will honestly keep it stock?

vw1_vision_gt_15 - GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo

vw3_vision_gt_14 - GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo

What will vw2_vision_gt_15 be?

Well that's odd, shouldn't the Supersport count as the vw2? Or does VW have something else cooked up for us? Maybe it's this:

A buffed-up Up?

:dopey:

I know you're joking, but would kind rule, to be honest. I'd love to see an Up with a racing bodykit, a la Lupo GTI Cup.

That's kinda weird. Funny how VW is pumping out supposedly a 3rd VGT yet the other volunteers haven't even posted up a picture let alone information

Awkward...

Back