Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo (now available in 1.18 update)

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 313 comments
That's kinda weird. Funny how VW is pumping out supposedly a 3rd VGT yet the other volunteers haven't even posted up a picture let alone information

Awkward...

It could be a error on PD's part, they skipping a number by mistake. But then again, Whistle's info is rarely wrong when it comes to additional stuff...

Well that's odd, shouldn't the Supersport count as the vw2? Or does VW have something else cooked up for us? Maybe it's this:

I know you're joking, but would kind rule, to be honest. I'd love to see an Up with a racing bodykit, a la Lupo GTI Cup.

I was about to say that. I also find it strange how the first VW VGT is called vw3 and the new second car is vw1. I would expect the other way around. I'm not counting on a third VW VGT car yet, but if it does happen I would like it to be a rally focused racer, kinda like the Mini.

It could be a error on PD's part, they skipping a number by mistake. But then again, Whistle's info is rarely wrong when it comes to additional stuff...
There is no info pertaining to an additional car. They could skip a number for any number of reasons. It could be stillborn, or left on the cutting room floor etc.

The car numbers themselves (that PD use to uniquely identify them) are in no real sensible order, and there are massive gaps in the sequence. We could similarly conclude, then, that there are thousands of cars waiting in the wings - but that is clearly not the case.

It is interesting, of course.

Finally got to try this car, and I must say, I'm impressed. Handles very well, though not as good as the Lexus, but more importantly, it looks great! :D

H3fK6WIcHhWZuiJnk_0.jpg

In cooperation with Volkswagen Saudi Arabia, a popular 'Saudi Gamer' YouTube channel has opened its door's to seven of his follower's to compete for the fastest time around the Red Bull Ring in GT6 using the Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo. Each of the competitor's take two laps around the Red Bull Ring. The other's are allowed to distract him in any way without blocking his view or touching him. The winner along with 'Saudi Gamer' take a real Volkswagen Golf R out for a spin.

Last edited:
If you look at the Supersport VGTI menu you'll see a silhouette of the interior that's in DC. Except in DC it's fully modelled....
unamused.gif

Again, the interior is modeled but its just blacked out.

Certainly looks very, very similar to me. What strikes me though, is the sound of it.... I think PD needs to outsource their sound design to someone who can make a car sound like a car ! I mean, listen to the turbo crackle on the overrun 👍

Back