Volume 3 - Panorama 1992

• Thread starter Lucas
  • 330 comments
Add the lack of popularity....

How are you determining popularity?
Just because everyone that reads every chapter doesn't leave a comment, it doesn't mean no-one is reading. Your thread has had over 1000 views!!! That's pretty popular in my book, I've got reports that've been open for years that haven't made it that far.

50 views by readers that've enjoyed the story is worth every bit of the effort, and I'd rather see that than a glut of stupid 1 line or 1 word posts saying "Moar" that've flooded the race reports board recently.

Views >>>> Replies. Remember that, and keep writing. We're enjoying it, but you shouldn't expect us to respond after each & every chapter. ;)

Indeed.

Initially this didn't pull me in, but it's been catching my interest more and more, slowly pulling me in.

Pulling out now would be... Stupid.

Thanks for the compliments :) I'm glad you are enjoying it. You are right Smallhorses, but I must say that your race reports are pretty good :) I will give try one of these days to write a proper race report, perhaps a 200 A-Spec Points race with a stock car. I will continue to write this story for your enjoyment! :D

Thanks for the compliments :) I'm glad you are enjoying it. You are right Smallhorses, but I must say that your race reports are pretty good :) I will give try one of these days to write a proper race report, perhaps a 200 A-Spec Points race with a stock car. I will continue to write this story for your enjoyment! :D

For mine, too :D.. I always reply to each chapter, because I enjoy reading this story more and more and can't get enough of it.. 👍 Go on this way, keep up the good work, Codename L, my friend :)

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Hey, nice spotting! You're right, I didn't realized it was a GT Concept. Better fix that to avoid confusions!

Thanks, buddy 👍
Next chapter is going to be... well... pretty long. Too long even for my standars. But hell, that way I think it will be better. After all, too much images and little text is plain boring.

Chapter 9 - Showdown of the 500hp Monsters!

October 22th, 2005.

-"I don't understand your question."
"What is there to understand?"
-"Nothing, but I just met you today, and you are asking about the color of my car."
"And that sounds strange, right?"
-"Due to the lack of a better word, yes, it is strange."
"You said you just met me today."
-"Well, yeah."
"But what does met mean to you?"
-"What does it mean to me? It's simple, when a person meets another person."
"You are not answering the question. You include the word in the own meaning. You can't explain it to someone else who does not know the mean of the word that way."
-"But you do know it."
"I do. But I want to know what does it mean to you."
-"You are killing my brain! It's when someone talks directly and introduces himself to a person he has never talked to."
"That is where you are wrong."
-"Why don't you tell me what it means to you?"
"When you met someone, it doesn't have to be directly. You don't have to introduce yourself either."
-"And how do you do that?"
"By interacting with the other person."
-"I see, but when have we interacted with ourselves?"
"That is the point of my question, boy. Now, will you tell me what color is your Elise?"
-"Blue, fine?"
"What kind of blue?"
-"A dark blue, or something."
"The rims. Are your rims stock?"
-"No, they are from a Impreza."
"Ha! Which Impreza?"
-"What do you care, man? I have nothing to explain! What are you, a cop?"
"I'm just an old man, who is eager to find the driver which defeated him, in one of the most intense races I have ever seen. Will you deny me my dream?"
-"... they were taken from a Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Sti Version ’00. Is that what you wanted to know? I have never met you."
"... you were right. I'm sorry to have wasted your time with my silly questions."
-"No problem, but don't do it again."

After I told him that, his eyes turned dull, like if the words he hoped I was going to said had just vanished in the air of Deep Forest. I couldn't help but feel sad for him, so I had to do something. I believe it is going to be better for him.

-"Hey, I'm sorry I'm not the guy you were looking for."
"You don't have to apologize for anything. It was my fault. Besides, you said you were from America, and now that I think about it, the boy I raced against lived in Australia. If I had kept that in mind, we would have avoided this conversation."
-"No, please, don't say that."
"But it is true, and... It's me who should apologize."
-"No need to do that. Hey, what about your car?"
"Huh?"
-"Yes, your Cobra. Looks powerful."
"Oh, yes. It has around 480 horsepower."

🤬 me!! I thought it had around 400 horsepower, but 480?? 🤬 🤬 What the hell am I supposed to do against 480 mother:censored: horsepower?

"What's wrong? You look sick."
-"I'm sorry, it's that not everyday I get to race against a monster like your Cobra."
"Haha, but you don't have to act like that! I'll tell you something, kid. This is your lucky day!"
-"What are you saying?"
"Yes! Look at the cars I talked to you about. They may have a powerful engine, turbo or supercharger underneath their bodies. But if you think about it, what's the point of that in a short course like this?"
-"Yeah, you are right. Now that I think about it, I may have a chance."
"Your Elise, at least as you have told me, sounds like a fast machine. But the most important thing is skill. You may think that relying in too much power is a sign of lack of skill."
-"Yes, my father used to told me that. He said that drivers who rely on a better car are worse than the competition."
"But your father seems to be one of them."
-"One of who?"
"American drivers. Those who used to drive muscle cars."
-"My father? None at all. He liked Ferrari's."
"Power is not the only thing in a car. Handling, weight, all of that matters. But the truth is that, to determine a good driver, the only thing to do is a time trial."
-"A time trial... It may seem amazing, but I never did a time trial before. I always went straight to the races."
"Perhaps you should come visit me at my home, at Capri, when we finish this race?"
-"Perhaps. The truth is that me and my brother there, along our friend, are traveling through Europe searching for the best drivers."
"Ah... Well then. If you ever need something, come to my home. I will give you my number."
-"Sure, wait until I find something to write..."
"Alright."
-"Here, tell me."
"Okay. It's ----"
"Charlie! Charlie! The race is about to begin!"
-"Dammit! I completely forgot!"
"How careless of me! I'm sorry."
-"Wait, at least tell me your name!"
"Sure! My name is Conan Patrick Adams! And I'm glad to meet you, Mr. ..."
-"Charles! Charles Richard Williams!"
"Charles... Well, I'd better get going. The Cobra won't drive itself unless I tell him to."

"Who did you say he was?"
-"Conan Adams."
"Where do you know him from?"
-"From nowhere. Just today. I'll give you the details later!"
"Sure. Now worry about winning this race. You will need more than skill."
-"So, I lack of an advice, other than the one Mr. Adams gave me. Could you raise my spirit a bit?"
"I have an advice for you. But it's not a good one."
-"Everything will do it."
"They won't stop, they won't slow down, they won't pit, and they won't overtake, because as soon as this race starts, you will be likely at last place. Your only hope is a miracle to happen. But between you and me, I never believed in miracles, and neither do now. Keep that in mind, and you should be just fine."
-"Thanks for the encouraging words, Eric! I can always count with you! Oh, by the way, Sarcasm Mode Off."
"You wanted an advice, and I gave it to you."
-"About the pit part... Why would they want to? It's a race of only two laps..."
"I was saving this advice since the first day I taught you how to drive. I was hoping to give it to you for an endurance race or so."
-"I will never race an endurance race."
"So it be."
-"I will prove you wrong today about your advice. I will never lose, as long as I have the Elise."
"I can't wait to see you fail."

Two minutes later...

Everyone! Take a look at today's lineup! Have you already seen it?

10341489.jpg

-"Do not listen to Eric's 🤬 He only wants you to lose, and I will prove him wrong today."

59854940.jpg

Well, now that you have indeed, let's begin this race!!

"I have started in second place, but you, my friend... You have started in last place. I'm really sorry, and I hope you will believe me when I tell you that if I could have changed our positions, I would have."
-"Damn it, why do I always get last place?"
"What was your name? Conan? At least that is what I've been told."

Alright! As soon as we start, the fastest car ahead, the Viper, inmediately leaves behind the Cobra of Conan. We are getting to the beginning of the first corner, and I will see how much do I know about the course! But something's not right with my tires.

96685470.jpg

-"Arrrggg, drifting!!"
"Poor Elise. The driver is good, but the car can't really keep up with us. It's an unfair race, but it is not our fault that the races at Deep Forest lack car limitations. As such, you should have brought a faster car."
-"If I drift every single corner of this track, I will lose miserably!"

56535101.jpg

"There's nothing you can do!"
"Damn you!"
-"The GT is right there! He's slowing down!"
"He knew I should have bought those Brembo's..."
64071324.jpg

-"This is my chance!"
"He is too close. I have to block him somehow! This is were the GT's huge body comes in play!"

68153159.jpg

-"This is going to be miracle one, Eric."
"That's it! I'm doing it! Oh, no---!"

47162341.jpg

"--Understeer... But why?"
-"You are sliding to the outside... That's understeer messing with you."

21553581.jpg

-"Yup, miracle number one! You know what's that Eric? It's pride 🤬 with you!"
"He passed me!"
"The GT has been overtaken? These americans and their erratic driving! Go back to NASCAR!"

86090501.jpg

-"You are next... Miracle number two!"
"Driving over the grass. You are one of two things: very smart, or very stupid. If you lose control, you will crash inevitable. But if you get it just right..."

One thing I realized as soon as we entered the corner, were a few marks in the grass. Someone else has already tried this. And the marks strech all the way to the end of the corner. That is why I know I can do it.

77572206.jpg

"He is understeering! Ha! Lady Luck's not on your side today!"
-"I will pass you..."

22490771.jpg

"He's all over the place! The Elise has lost control, I knew it!"

11144357.jpg

-"What did I told you?"

Even though I knew I could do it since the beginning, the end result was far better than I expected. In the end, there's always a chance.

52984954.jpg

-"The Benz is close to my bumper, will he crash me? He can't be serious! It was just a pass after all!"
"I can pass you now, but I have strict orders to let you go. So you have a clear path now. This is mere child's play."

61539489.jpg

"So... Go on, catch up the rest."
-"Why didn't he passed me?"

13525285.jpg

-"No time to think! Conan is just ahead!"
"He is getting closer! I knew it!"

77464571.jpg

"Dammit! Too fast!"
-"The RUF is ahead, too! I will pass him as soon as I have the chance!"
"The RUF was not careful enough. You must have a lot of luck. You should be called Lucky Charlie! Maybe you were born in Ireland instead of USA."

As I was about to pass the RUF, I came across a nasty surprise.

39616123.jpg

-"Ohhhhh dammmmmn!! I almost crashed!"
"Beginner!! Learn how to drive first!"

The gap could have been shorter... But if it had been any shorter, panic would have kicked in, and my arms would have steered towards the wall. Or towards the river...

43862375.jpg

"But you can't be called that much of a beginner! You almost crashed, right, but almost being the key word, you exited the corner with a higher speed than me, thus allowing you to keep up with my Boxer. I can't wait to see what you have in mind for the big finale."
-"I will pass you soon... I bet all the money I have."

73291363.jpg

83389020.jpg

"He seems determined to win. I don't care if I lose this race. But to lose against an Elise is something I can't afford to do."
-"I have to do something right now!"

34352932.jpg

-"Some sideways action is needed!! If I can't outrun him, I can at least make him lose concentration!"
"What the---"

71893469.jpg

"Awesome! I knew it was him!"
"Hilarious! The kid can drift! But instead of looking at my rear mirror, I should focus on the road ahead."
-"I can't hold it any longer! Too... much... downforce! Where's the grass on the back wheels when you need it?!"

43013468.jpg

"Nice control! But you should go to Japan instead. I heard they appreciate fancy driving there. Leave the real racing to germans."
-"The last corner of the track! I've got only one lap left!"

66927381.jpg

"You have become faster than before, Conan. But this Viper I got me is faster than your Cobra. And I can tell you that because I colaborated in the design and tested it!"
"He's fast... No, the car is fast. He is just driving as slow as always!"
"The last corner! Most of the accidents at Deep Forest happen in this corner. Will you be able to clear it?"
-"I will definitely make my move here."

89653188.jpg

The place is beautiful... I never thought that I would get to see a sky as clear as Germany's. Or is it because this race I've grown up since we came here, and I see things much clearer now? But we haven't been here for too long, so I can't really tell. But one thing is sure: this trip has been worth every second of it. And this is the perfect place to end it!

94216329.jpg

"Again?! You are going to lose control! Give up while you still have the chance!"

95879003.jpg

"He's here!"
"Charlie, come on brother! I support you!"

42802339.jpg

"What?!"
"He's on the curb!"
-"I can beat you, pal."

36400262.jpg

"Dammit! He's right behind me!"
"Incredible..."
-"Is there a way you can block me?"

83874133.jpg

"He's getting off!"
"Pass him! Now!"
-"Come on!"

67491032.jpg

"No way."
-"You can enter a corner, and clear it as fast as you can. But in the end, exit speed is all that matters. Since my vehicle isn't as fast as any of yours, I must rely solely in my ability to maintain speed through and at the end of the corners."

72772094.jpg

-"Yet there's no way to blame it on you. After all, you solely rely on your power..."
"You won't get away with this for too long, boy. There's one lap left, and I will make you regret this!"

31603299.jpg

The Elise has passed the RUF!!

"He did it!"
"But how... I can't believe it. I wanted him to lose... That's why I brought him here."
"Impossible!"
-"... that is why it's better to start slow. I wonder if you have ever drove a slow car before."

29222805.jpg

Incredible! The Elise passed the RUF! The start of the second lap is just ahead, and the Viper has been in the lead since the very beginning! It seems we have a defined winner in here!

"Don't say that. If the race was already defined, I wouldn't have participated."
-"Conan. I understand what you told me before. But I keep thinking... Who's good and who's bad? Am I good and the car is bad? Or am I bad and the car is good?"
"You are keeping up with the Cobra. But you won't last long in third place."

66896309.jpg

The Elise is changing directions! It seems he is determined to cross the line in second place!

"But I won't allow it. You may have a great exit speed, but you can't go pass that limit now."
-"I will do it."

12975375.jpg

-"I say, GO FOR IT!"

41604974.jpg

"He is getting closer and closer. But at the same time, I'm getting faster and faster."
-"I'm catching you, Conan."

79838539.jpg

-"Just a few meters!"
"You are slowing down! You can't pass me in a straight, forget about it!"

23371631.jpg

-"I got him!"
"But me, instead..."
"He's is going for the pass! He will cross the first lap in second place!"
"I wouldn't be so sure about that."

99587663.jpg

"I can speed up as soon and as long as I want to!"
-"Dammit!"

64109020.jpg

The Cobra has crossed in second place, followed by the Elise in third, and the RUF in fourth! The GT in fifth is approaching, followed by the SL in last place!

"Don't give up just now. You can do better than that! Show me in this lap!"
-"I can't go faster... But I have other things to worry about."
"Out of my way!"

To be continued...

Last edited:
L that was amazing. I like the suspense and tension you put in there but still.... WHY DO YOU END IT AT THE BEST PART? WHY? you are sooo cruel. Now i must wait until the next chapter but excellent write up. Charlie is getting better and better.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. But I think I was a bit childish before with those posts I did. No matter, I will continue writing :D

Wow! That was awsome! That Elise is incredible! But it is even more incredible to see it pass 500hp monsters!

Hopefully, I will upload a new chapter tomorrow. But I still have to take the shots, then upload them, then write the story, and then upload the entire chapter, so I will probably upload it past tomorrow. :)

:gtpflag:

EDIT: Another double post, the new chapter will be uploaded now! :cheers:

Last edited:
Here it is, another chapter of Euro Challenge. In this chapter, I have decided to include a new mean of communication.The character # represents the voice of someone speaking through a phone; / means they have hung up the phone. Hope it is easy to understand!

Chapter 10 - Fading...

October 22th, 2005.

88559335.jpg

"Out of my way!"
-"Oh, 🤬!"
"He's going to crash Charlie!"
"Ridiculous!"

28437511.jpg

"Nice brakes!"
-"Ughhh... What were you thinking?!"
"The RUF had no intention of crashing the Elise, but rather confuse him."
"I knew he was bluffing. He only wanted Charlie to get scared."
"I believe he scared something else out of Charlie."

95616321.jpg

-"He's changing his line. Probably in an effort to pass me. But I won't let him, since I've come too far in this race to lose now."
"Come on, don't let him confuse you. In a two-lap race you can't afford to lose concentration, since there's little room for errors."
"I will pass you sooner or later, dude. Why don't you give up now?"

38763637.jpg

"Speed up!"
-"He's too close! I must do something!"

38168767.jpg

"The Shelby left room for the Elise to defend his position?"
-"Conan, I owe you one."
"Come on, don't let him pass. This is our race right now."

10830160.jpg

"You want to end it here and go for the Viper? I won't let you do that. You just caught up wit me, but you already want to pass me."
-"But that one that I owe you won't be in this race."

65521675.jpg

"The Elise is on the inside! The Cobra will get passed!"
-"Is that all you can do?"
"Unlike the others, who race aggressively, and lose because of that, I have a fast paced manner of driving. Last time I lost because I underestimated you."

23578798.jpg

"But today, if I lose, it will be because you are superior than me. I ain't commiting mistakes today!"
-"Damn, he IS fast! I had the inside, but he has the power."
"I was sure the Elise was going to pass..."

50134927.jpg

"What's up, Conan? You were saying something before this race. Something about me "losing today". Can't you keep your promises?"
"Heh, we are here. I've got something ready for you."
-"There's the Viper again! I'm faster than him at the exit of corners."

91258960.jpg

"Seems like you and the word "sideways" are paired together."
-"I can't lose time right now. This is my chance."
"Sliding? Again? What's wrong with you?"

28577923.jpg

"I can't wait to see how does this end!"
"I know what you are going to do... And I must say, you are not a bit stupid."
-"Performance through lightweight. Have you ever heard of that?"

35429939.jpg

"Yup, you've got the inside."
-"I made it!"
"Damn thing won't turn!"

53768795.jpg

"Conan was defeated by an Elise. No, not by the Elise. That Elise is lesser than the rest. The driver is exceptionally good. Wonder what kind of tune does it have?"
"I have a bit of understeer right now..."
-"One to go."

21486078.jpg

"...but there's someone in a far worst position than me..."
"Damn it!!!"

26077978.jpg

"...I will have to fix the bumper one more time."

65736867.jpg

-"I can clearly see you. There's no way you are going to escape me now!"
"Bring it on, boy! I'm waiting for you! I expected Conan to be better than before, but he didn't proved to be much of a challenge!"

40837976.jpg

"And if you think I will lose against a couple of your fancy driving techniques, you are absolutely wrong."
-"This one is not going to fall easily."

71542711.jpg

-"But as they say... The bigger they are, they harder they fall!"
"Give it a shot. I dare you to."

92845462.jpg

-"He blocked me! The Viper blocked me!"
"I told you, I'm not going to lose against your fancy driving techniques. You better pull off something more elaborate than some slides."

We went around the corner, except this time I didn't came to an almost crash or nothing like it. In fact, I cleared it better than last time. But the thing is... The Viper cleared it better than the RUF did last time. So the difference wasn't much.

66190062.jpg

"I see you can keep up with me. There's slipstream for you to catch, but..."
-"I'm right on your butt, fella'. This is nothing new to me."

44848306.jpg

"What is that good for if you can't speed up beyond your limits?"

85829040.jpg

-"He's leaving me behind!"
"With a car as light as yours, you can have higher cornering speeds, unlike my Viper. We're in the same situations, you and me. Lightweightness is useful, I don't deny that. But power has more uses. And since this is basically a sprint race the maximum usefulness of the light weight body, tire life, becomes completely irrelevant."

47626950.jpg

-"Now that I check out my mirror, I see there's no one behind us. We seem to be on a league on our own."
"And so we are almost at the end of the race, and you are still in second place."

50635843.jpg

"But it is in itself an accomplishment, since you beat down to the ground the Ford GT Concept. Mind you, that driver was a bad one."
-"I've now realized something. The car feels different today, somehow."

61606857.jpg

-"I don't know how I didn't realized until now, but it seems to have a tendency to oversteer, which is bad."
"Last corner! All or nothing!"

73704637.jpg

-"But I can't think about that now! I've to pass the Viper!"
"The Grand Finale!"

93093241.jpg

"🤬"
-"Move... move... move..."

81855267.jpg

(Heartbeat) (Heartbeat) (Heartbeat)

70065883.jpg

"Thus..."
-"I won."

48237946.jpg

"The righteous driver has the honor to be crowned and have a place in the winner's circle."
-"I did it..."

91089343.jpg

The Elise has won this race! THE - LOTUS - WON!!!!

-"... I DID IT!!!"
"You have won."

69917018.jpg

"But I... I've brought shame to my name. You are one hell of a driver... Damn it! Congratulations, friend! You have proved yourself worth of my acclaim!"
-"...There's something wrong in here. The car... But... my foot..."

33737912.jpg

"Let's slow down now... Wait. What the hell is going on?!"
-"I CAN'T BRAKE!!"

Instinct... Emergency brake. I rarely use it, even for drifting. Eric said that when you drift with it, you call it handbrake. But when you have an emergency, it becomes an E-Brake. I believe I never pulled it before. Let's hope it works!

87422576.jpg

-"Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmiiiiitttttt!!!!"
"Careful, boy! Let go off the gas!!"

96150744.jpg

The driver of the Elise is in serious trouble, people!! Looks like he is unable to brake!!

-"🤬!!!!!"
"CHARLIE!!!"
"BROTHER!!!"

79242477.jpg

The Elise spun out!!!

"Oh, 🤬!!!!"
-"Ughhhhhhh... I can't stop it!!"

64497139.jpg

-"Come on! Stop!!!"
"He's slowing down!!"
"Charlie, you can do it!"

67669357.jpg

The Elise is all over the grass! Drivers, please slow down your cars!!

"Come one! Slow down! You're almost there!"

45075362.jpg

-"...Victory!!"
"Thank God!"
"🤬 What the hell is wrong with you? You scared the 🤬 out of me, man!"
"I'm glad he didn't crashed."

The driver is alright! The Elise has successfully stopped!

Two hours later...

Matthew, the driver of the Dodge Viper, called one of his proffesional mechanics to check my Elise, in order to see what caused the brakes to stop working at the end of the race.

"The brakes are completely useless now, and the car is completely stock. Have you ever thought that performance driving required a tuned car? The suspension is not working properly, like if it had been fruit of a high impact. The drivetrain has been completely forced. And the engine... Well, the engine is in better conditions than the rest of the car, and that's amazing considering that you were pulling a higher speed at the exit of that last corner than the Viper. But all these defects and malfunctions the car has... can you at least bit explain them?"

Other than the jumps at Seattle Circuit, which probably are the "high impacts" that damaged my suspension; the drivetrain forced because of the drag race agains the Charger back in Las Vegas, and the engine, which I have forced during every of my races, I would say the honest answer would be--

-"Nope, I can't."
"I thought so. Well, you don't need me here anymore, Matthew. If you excuse me, I have to check out the Viper."
"Go on. Now, you won't be able to race that car for a while."
-"Why not?"
"You have heard Steve. The car is not prepared for competition racing. But don't worry, since you like it so much, I'll tell you something."
-"I'm listening."
"Steve and me will upgrade your car with some performance parts we have lying around our garage. But until then, you will have to move around without a car."
"Wait, we can't afford that. We need a car for Charlie to use during the rest of our trip."
"I thought your trip ended here with this race."
"It actually did. But seeing Charlie raced this way against you made me think that he may be learning something."
"So you are saying you want a car for free, right?"
"Now that you mention it, we could use one."
"Forget it. It's either the car, or the upgrades."
-"I want the upgrades. I need them."
"And how are you supposed to race?"
-"We have your Evo, remember?"
"Oh, hell no! You won't put a finger in my Mercedes as long as I'm alive!"
-"But it will be better for us! If we only have one car, we will be able to switch drivers more often. Which will result in us drive less per turn."
"May I provide a solution for your dilemma?"
-"Conan, you are here!"
"Well raced, Charlie. Anyways, I think I have an idea."
"Tell us."
"If you wanted to, I could contact someone I know to get you a car. It would be free of charge, and in order for you to drive more relaxed, as you say, I could go with you. I live in Capri, but I don't think I will be missed if I'm not there a couple of days."
-"Sounds good to me!"
"Wait. We don't even know you, and you want to come with us? That's the best joke, hands down, that I've ever heard in my life!"
"I'm not a complete stranger, as you think."
-"It's true. I met him today, and he is a good person, Eric!"
"I don't know... How much would we have to wait until this new car of yours arrives?"
"It all depends of my friend."
"Who is exactly your friend?"
"I'm not allowed to tell you."
"Well, then. Contact this friend of yours now!"
"As you want."

"Come on... Answer the phone... Come on..."

# "What do you need?"
"Hello. Winston?"
# "Who's this?"
"It's me, Conan."
# "I know many of them, so please be precise."
"Conan Adams."
# "You called to my business number, so tell me what you need, and be brief."
"We are in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, in a place known as Deep Forest."
# "What do you need?"
"We need a car, Winston. And we need one fast."
# "How fast?"
"Well, tomorrow. I need a good car, not a crappy one. It's going to be used for racing, so you know what I'm talking about."

88408785.jpg

# "Tomorrow can't be. I have many business to take care of this week, and all of them are in Italy."
"Where are you now?"
# "Venice, but that is none of your business. Who is going to drive the car?"
"A friend of mine, why?"
# "Unlike car dealers, I have a limited car supply, so I can't afford to lose any of my cars to a low-life scum. And mind you, cars like mine aren't easy to come by."
"He is a friend of mine."
# "I don't care. I have to see him myself."
"You will. Where and when do we meet then?"
# "Piazza San Marco, here in Venice. It has to be tomorrow, at 10:35pm. Be there by then."
"Alright. What will we do if we have some kind of delay?"
# "I will leave. As I told you, I have plenty of things to do this week, and I don't have time to lose."
"Will you bring the car with you?"
# "I don't have the car right here, it's in Germany. And since I won't ask my partners at Germany to deliver the car all the way to Italy due to the most likely inaptitude of your driver, once I confirm the driver is worth it, I will give permission at my partners to give it to him. But you will have to return to Germany once you are here to get the car."
"Perfect, Winston. I think I barely understood most of what you said, but I think I got the important points right. Thanks a lot."
# "See you later, Conan. /"

-"Just let him come with us!"
"We will see if he can get us the car, then we will decide."
-"But he is a nice man!"
"Did you heard what he said before? He won't tell me his friend's name! What could be so secret?!
"I just talked with my friend."
-"And what did he say?"
"He will have the car tomorrow."
"And?"
"And we have to be in Italy by tomorrow."
"Damn, I ain't going to Italy again! We've already been there!"
"It's the only way we will get the car. So, I suggest you to take this opportunity."
"Besides, the Elise won't be fixed until a while. I want it to be in optimum conditions for Charlie. It's a personal gift due to his display of experience."
-"Thank you, Matthew."
"So, are we going back to Italy?"
"Chester, where the hell were you?"
"After the heart attack I got from Charlie, I thought it would be a good idea to go and buy an icecream."
-"You said tomorrow. Shouldn't we get going?"
"The Mercedes has space for us four, so we won't have trouble driving."
"The only ones going to drive my car are me, and you, Chester. Charlie has obviously proven he lacks the skill to maintain a car for more than one year, and I won't let this stranger next to my drive it."
"As you please."
-"Can we go now?"
"Yes. We must make haste. This man won't wait."
"Why? Does he have anything more important to do?"
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."
"Everyone says that."
"But I mean it."
"And everyone says that they mean it, too."
"Let's get out of here before Eric punchs the old man in the face."

To be continued...

Winston Wolf is a character from Quentin Tarantino's 1994 Pulp Fiction. You can read more about this character in Wikipedia.

Last edited:
BCS
Awsome chapter!!!👍

I can't beleive that Elise won to cars that fast!!!!!!:):):)

Yup. That's what happens when you start getting good at the game. Pure power & speed starts to become more and more irrelevant.

Hey L that was amzing chapter. I even drive more careful than charlie! I like the little Icecream part it was really funny and had me rotflololololol. 👍 to you That was great. I wanna see their roadtrip. :sly:

Yup. That's what happens when you start getting good at the game. Pure power & speed starts to become more and more irrelevant.

Well, I'm starting to get good, I've won a 90 point race! Plus, I'm daring to take on a 187 point race with my Corvette C5R! It's a Tsukuba Circuit Wet Rally. The Mercedes C9 Race Car gets me. I don't use my 1000hp CLK-GTR race car due to it's quick tire wear.

I wanna see the next chapter!!!

There's no tire wear in the Special Conditions Hall :lol: Why don't you race some 200 points races? This race was worth 200 A-Spec Points, but it was cheated in a way. I entered with the Elise in R5 tires in +10 difficulty, but then I went to settings and changed the tires back to S2. Another way to make the race harder, since if I had entered with S2 tires in +10, the cars would have been much slower ;)

61636810.jpg

48993597.jpg

October 24th, 2005.

-"I'm getting a call."
"Who is it?"
-"I'll see..."

# "Spencer."
-"Mr. Wolf?"
# "Yes. I need to tell you something."
-"Wait a minute. John, park it over there."
"Alright."
# "Where are you?"
-"Nürburgring."
# "Perfect. I need to ask you a favor."

98864744.jpg

-"Sure, what is it?"
# "I have eight cars at the garage."
-"Yes."
# "Only one of them is black."
-"Why are you telling me this?"
# "I need you to give that car to a person."
-"Who?"
# "His name is Conan Adams."
-"Oh, old Conan."
# "Yes. He is going there, from Italy. He should be there by tomorrow."
-"Okay. Something else?"
# "He has company."
-"Do you want us to get rid of them?"
# "No. They are three males, all of them white. One of them is 19, the other is 21. The last one refused to tell me his age, but I think he is around 45 years."
-"What do you want us to do then?"
# "Precisely, nothing. Just give them the car, and nothing else."
-"Do they have to give us any money?"
# "Just tell them that I want my car back when they leave Europe."
-"Are you hiding something from me?"
# "Not at all. Can I count on you and John? He is with you, right?"
-"Yes, we are here with the Insight. You can count on us, Mr. Wolf."
# "Excellent. I'll see you boys in a month."
-"Mr. Wolf, by the way..."
# "Call me Winston, please."
-"Winston, today me and John were arguing about our salary and..."
"Spencer, shut up!"
# "What's going on there?"
-"Well, we thought it would be a good idea to give us a raise."
# "You think I defecate money?"
-"No, but I thought..."
# "That I go to the toilet whenever I have to buy bread, and use my 🤬 as an exchange coin? Open your ears wide, boy. This is my job, and it's older than you are. I know how to do my job, and if you have any problem with your salary, you are always welcomed to quit."
-"No, sir, that's not what I meant, it's just..."
# "Put John on the line."
-"Here he goes."
"Mr. Wolf?"
# "Listen, 🤬 Do you have any problem with your salary?"
"No, Mr. Wolf, John was just playing with you."
# "I'm not in the mood for jokes, John. If I'd wanted a job full of 🤬 jokes, I would've joined a 🤬 circus."
"Please, sir, don't get mad at us."
# "But this job of mine is not a 🤬 circus. You know why?"
"Why, Mr. Wolf?"
# "Because I don't like 🤬 jokes on the work. Now get your 🤬 out of the car and walk away if you don't like your salary."
"I'm sorry Mr. Wolf."
# "Put Spencer on the phone."
"He wants to talk with you."
-"Give me the phone... What's wrong?"
# "You are the one who's wrong. I told John, and I'm going to tell you. If you don't like this job, get the 🤬 out of my car."
-"I'm deeply sorry, Mr. Wolf."
# "I have another job to do right now, but don't think this is going to end this way."
-"There will be no problems in the future."
# "You better. /"
"Now what?"
-"Let's wait until those guys arrive here."

50632682.jpg

May 10th, 1992.

33210040.jpg

My name is Orville Becker. Thought you may want to know. It's really nice here, at the Fuji Speedway. I practice here everyday, since I was 22. Now I'm 29, but why does that matter, anyway. I moved to Japan when I was 14, from Germany. We had a hard time back there, but we got over it. There are no things worth to tell, other than my uncle got me a car. And a good one, none the less. This one was specially built for me, according to my father. All black, with superior performance than any other car we have seen in a long time here, at Fuji. The ultimate racing machine by Mazda. The ultimate rotary engine.

11804033.jpg

The sensation of speed is unique. I never drove a rotary before, but it seems I missed a lot of things.

75949101.jpg

And of course... All the power is just amazing! Who can argue about that? But what is power without control? It's nothing. A useless amount of power if you have not control over it. But that's the reason I practice everyday. To master control over power. I won't rest until I have finally found an absolutely state of control over my car.

61107525.jpg

But I'm always a step ahead of the rest. And I'm not afraid of being called an arrogant. Because everyone who has called me that, and challenged me to a race, has lost. No, I didn't use my Rotary to beat them. This is only a training for what is to come. But until the moment comes, I will continue with my daily routine of racing. Nobody can stop me!

"Orville, are you there?"
-"Dad?"
"Orville, what did I told you about talking to the mirror? You have some serious problems."
-"I wasn't talking to the mirror. I was just thinking."
"About what?"
-"Becoming a world renowned racer."
"Ha! I don't want to let your spirit down, but I think you are aiming a bit over the top."
-"Don't you remember what Fangio said, dad? Aim for the tallest tree. Always!"
"But you are not Fangio."
-"I know, he was unique. But I bet I can be better than him!"
"No fast car can compense about lack of skill."
-"I will improve my skill. I'm sure of that."
"You don't improve skill from one day to another."
-"I've been racing for seven years. I can't become better than I am already!"
"Are you sure?"
-"Yes."
"Orville... I feel sad for you."
-"But dad!"
"Come to the table. Me and your mother are waiting for you."
-"I... I will."
"And stop talking to the mirror. It's a bad habit most dreamers have."
-"Okay."
"Come."

I will become the best driver. And I will defeat the toughest racers the world has ever seen. But I wonder... is there anyone else that is willing to sacrifice everything they have just to reach their dream? I don't think so.

"Talking to the mirror again?"
"I don't know why does he keep doing that."
"You used to when you were young."
"If I hadn't, I would have never had the courage to talk to you."
"And I'm glad you did."
-"I'm here."
"Sit down. Eat."
-"Why don't you trust me?"
"We do, Orville. But the fact is, your chances of becoming a professional driver are as small of your uncle's of buying you that car."
-"But he has a lot of money! He works for Mazda, too!"
"You've got to understand something. There's a difference between working for and owning. Your uncle works for Mazda, don't forget that."
-"No, dad. You are the one who must understand."
"Don't raise your voice to me."
-"No, dad, I'm tired! I'm tired of being like this, everyday!"
"Listen, young man! You are lucky enough we bought you a car! When I was young, I had to work hard to get me one."
-"But you are no longer young!"
"Silence! You don't deserve to live under this roof."
-"Fine! I don't care, I don't need you!"
"Albert, tell him something!"
"I will tell him something! You don't need to listen to me no more! You are no longer my son! You are a disgrace for your family!"
"Albert!"
-"Since I was a little boy... The only thing I wanted to tell you, but I didn't have the courage to... 🤬 you, dad. 🤬 you."

46633852.jpg

October 24th, 2005.

"This is the last time we come to Italy for a car."
"Have you already been here before?"
"We got my Mercedes here."
"My I ask from who?"
"A man, called Richard."
"I don't know any Richard."
-"You don't have to know everyone you come across to."
"Really? I know the names of every person that lives in Capri."
"How come?"
"Well, the place is rather small. I like to make a few drives around the island once in a while."
-"What does it look like?"
"Oh, it's beautiful! Nothing can compare to it."
"Not even Venice?"
"Venice it's nothing compared to Capri. The place is unique. There are some roads there, used for rallying."
-"Anything special?"
"Well, there is a defined track, with an uphill and a pronounced downhill. It's full of U-turns."
-"Cool. Have you raced there?"
"Not in rally, but whenever the course is available, yes, I have."
"Why don't you race?"
"It's full of youngsters. I don't like to mess with their kind."
"Here we are, right?"
"Yes, he should be waiting for us."

67469941.jpg

"We got here in time, right?"
"Yes. If we had been any late, he would have not waited for us."

56886939.jpg

"But I do not see any car that may be his."
-"Yeah, the place is empty."
"He is never late."

32458483.jpg

"There's always a first time."
"Would you bet forty dollars about that?"
"Sure!"
"Then you just have lost, because that car over there is his."

87323747.jpg

"🤬..."
"You now owe me forty dollars."
-"Is it the silver NSX?"
"Yes."
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go with him."
-"I don't see any car other than the NSX there..."

"Excuse me, but are you the driver of the NSX?"
"Yes, what do you want?"
"Winston, it's me."
"Conan! Well, you at least got here on time. These are you friends?"
"Yes, this one here is Eric."
"Nice to meet you."
"My pleasure."
"I'm Chester."
"Nice to meet you."
"And this one here is Charlie."
-"Hi!"
"Hello, friend."
"The car is for Charlie."
"He doesn't look bad. How old are you, Charlie?"
-"Nineteen."
"Oh, you are young. How about you, Chester?"
"Twenty-one."
"You are young too. I suppose you two must be brothers."
-"Déjà Vu."
"Excuse me, what?"
"It's just that we've been here before, and it was about a car, too."
"Not only that, but the man who sold us the car said the same about us."
"You two look a lot like brothers. How about you, Mr.? How old are you?"
"You don't need to know."
"If you say so, it's okay."
"Anyways, what about the car?"
-"Yes, sir. There's no other car here other than your Honda."
"It's not a Honda. It's an Acura. And there are no cars here other than mine because I didn't brought the car with me."
"What?!"
-"What do you mean you don't have the car?"
"I expected Conan to told you. You will have to return to Germany now."
"I can explain, but wouldn't you mind if you come inside the restaurant and have something to eat?"
"Yes, I'm starving."

"How would you like your coffee, sir?"
"Lots of cream, lots of sugar."
"Right away."
"Please, enlighten me. What happened to the car?"
"The car is fine. I just don't have it here with me."
"Well, we can see that!"
-"But why? You told us you had it with you!"
"I did not talk with any of you, other than Conan."
"I said that Winston had the car in order for you to come here. I knew you wouldn't come here without a reason."
"And you hit the spot! Now we have to go back to Germany!"
"And I'm sorry."
"Do you think I like to drive for hours? Or the boys?"
-"Where can we go and get it?"
"If you want to, you could go right now. All I have to do is give a call to some friends of mine and tell them that you are going there to get it."
"Then let's go!"
"We are tired from the trip. Let us rest for a while."
"Listen, Charlie. You are the one I have to talk to."
-"Yes, please. What's wrong?"
"This car I'm giving to you is very important. As such, I want you to take care of it. That includes no modifications."
"Why not?"
"It is my car. I am only borrowing it to him."
-"Okay."
"Here's your coffee, sir."
"Hmmm... Thanks!"
"So what? We can't race it?"
"You can, believe me you can! But you can't damage it."
-"What about the car now? Is it okay?"
"You won't find anything wrong about it."
"What about money, will it cost us something?"
"Nothing. But damage it, and you will owe me something more than money."
-"S-sure."
"Now, gentlemen, if you excuse me, I have business to do somewhere else."
"A pleasure to meet you."
"Yes, thanks."
-"We owe you one."

"If you have any problems, call me. But my partners should do okay."
"Sure, we won't hesitate to call you."
"Thank you, Winston."
"It's nice to help you."

44275904.jpg

-"He drives fast."
"He thinks fast, and he talks fast."
"We should be going."
"I'm tired of driving. Someone else do my turn."
"Let me drive."
"Forget it!"
-"Please, just let him."
"... Fine! But don't crash it!"
"Don't worry. I won't."

83772818.jpg

To be continued...

This chapter is based on Quentin Tarantino's 1994 Pulp Fiction, which tells the story in an desorganized way to surprise the viewers of the movie, and also the movie where the character Winston Wolf comes from.

Last edited:
Hey Nice Man. Thank You FOr the ACUra/honda! Thank you L. A treat after coming back from church. :) 👍 to the new chapter.

Back