Interior Part 2
With the seats cleaned, it was onto the less obvious bits of the interior. The sun visors had a layer of dirt which came off fairly easily with some APC and a quick wipe down.
While the visors were out, I cleaned the headlining, which had likely never seen a microfibre cloth before. I took a photo halfway through to show the difference...
The end result wasn't perfect, but still a good improvement for 10 minutes of cleaning. My next little job was changing the interior bulb, which a previous owner had replaced with an 501-style LED, which I personally didn't like the look of, so I fitted a yellow halogen bulb I had kicking around.
Next up was the alarm. A previous owner had an aftermarket alarm and central locking system fitted, which has a little blue LED on the dashboard to prove it!
As you can see, it was missing something. While tidying the car earlier, I found a little round trim in the glovebox. Sure enough, it was meant to house the LED, so I slotted it back on with some glue, and it looked a little more presentable.
My last job was the most satisfying. Whilst the rear seats were out, I wanted to remove the interior trim either side, to see if there were any nasty, rusty surprises on the inner rear arches. The trims were ridiculously easy to remove, and once out, revealed an impressively disgusting mess.
Using my vacuum cleaner and a paintbrush, I soon had it all cleaned up.
The arches themselves aren't too bad at all, though you can see a few bits of surface corrosion on the seam, and one decent little rust-hole in the corner, which isn't bad at all by the standards of a Jimny. The plan is to leave the trims out until the corrosion is sorted, and with that done, I will insulate what I can to improve the NVH a little.
I'll end this post with a little comparison of the start point versus how it looks now...