Vote for 60fps replays!

  • Thread starter Thread starter alucard0712
  • 82 comments
  • 5,083 views

Do you want 60fps raplays in GT5?

  • Yes, I want only 60fps replays!

    Votes: 30 26.1%
  • I want an option to choose between 30fps and 60fps.

    Votes: 14 12.2%
  • I don't mind...It dosn't matter.

    Votes: 69 60.0%
  • What is 60fps? I didn't notice...

    Votes: 2 1.7%

  • Total voters
    115
Messages
2,110
Russian Federation
Russia
Hello to all - it's my first topic so don't kill me right now...(and sorry for english)

Right to buisness.
60fps is awesome!And for replays it complete awesomeness.GT1,GT2 had 30fps then GT3,GT4 showed for us 60fps.And I realized how important this leap really is!We all remember STUNNING replays in GT4!So I don't want come back to 30fps.

And I just try to explain little more:
First of all the effect of complete smoothness is awesome by itself.It's natural.All old console games had 60fps.
GT4 had all 60fps.If you played some Wii games - best of them had 60fps too.I think developers all know that 60fps (twice as "normal" 30) gives a more information to your brain.It's more close to reality.In reality motion itself is
very important.So I try to say that 60fps with (for example) less resolution or antialiasing is still better for "action games" (we call it like this, games
for which motion is important).I mean there no "unnecessary" fps for those games.

And for second I want to say that quality of those effects in GT5P are unimpressive.It's still not worth it.I mean every time I watch a replay in GT5P I prefer "in-game" 60fps cameras more because graphics are already outstanding and I sure there is no better showcase for superb GT5 lighting than 60fps.It really gives me the "WOW" effect.

C'mon guys!!!it's RACING GAME.Speed is...VERY IMPORTANT :) we hardly notice camera shaking or a wheel spinning at 30fps...

So I hope that will be option for 60fps (maybe only when 2 PS3 are connected) or ability to render replays at 60fps (that will be crazy!).And I still dreaming about possibility of connection 2 or more PS3 to get
120/240fps in GT5!

Edited: Into movie in GT5P is 60fps.Looks stunning in motion.Except wheel spin...
Thanks!
 
Last edited:
You have no idea how this stuff works right?
 
I want 24fps replays
 
Screw that. I'm not voting to delay GT5 for another 6 months :lol:
 
/facepalm @ this thread.
 
I've been thinking lately, how many fps did GT1, 2, 3, & 4 run at?
 
I've been thinking lately, how many fps did GT1, 2, 3, & 4 run at?

NTSC - GT1,2 - 30fps in-game and replays (in GT1 there is a bonus 60 fps mode in SSR5)
GT3,4 - 60fps in-game and replays.Menus and videos are 60fps too.

PAL - GT1,2 - 25fps in-game and replays.
GT3,4 - 50fps in-game and replays.

GT5P and TTDemo - 60fps in-game and intro movie, 30fps replays.

Racing on TV - all 60fps...
 
And what about life? How many fps?
 
100fps... I thought so. :cool:
 
I have a 120hz tv with motion enhancing, it does not matter to me either way.
 
I have a 120hz tv with motion enhancing, it does not matter to me either way.

Motion enhancing works best at 24fps, and the reason why I want 24fps replays

It doesnt work at all with 30fps
 
I voted don't really care... I like the effects but if it was 60 fps that might be nice too....

For replays though I usually am watching from outside car view so 30 fps isn't nearly as big a deal.
 
I have a 120hz tv with motion enhancing, it does not matter to me either way.

what you're saying is that you have no clue what "120hz with motion enhancing" is, right?
 
Yes, 60fps is great, but its not that important. Not sure about you, but im not getting GT5 so I can watch replays...;)
 
the only situation in which i give a crap about framerate is in FPS games where you have to aim precisely. If it drops below about 20 fps it gets difficult to play. Anything above that is perfect.

The difference between 30 and 60 or 60 and 120 or whatever is negligible.
 
How would a racing game be like with over 60 or 100 fps??? hmmmm...:lol:
 
Couldn't care less if replays run at 30fps.

The game itself I want 60fps though.
 
I've grown accustom to 60fps racing gameplay, but I can live with 30.

However, replays I don't give a care about. As long as they look good, they can be at whatever they need to.
 
Couldn't care less if replays run at 30fps.

The game itself I want 60fps though.

My sentiments exactly.


I do watch replays often and for just viewing (no quick response needed) 30fps is fine.
 
Last time I cared about fps was quake3 - had to be 125 or the physics borked and I couldn't strafe the bridge to rail gap on dm6 or overbounce from the usual spots. Wasn't even aware GT series had a way of measuring fps.
 
There should be another option - I like actual 30fps ones. Because I do. I like their cinematic look using motion blur and dislike computer look of those 60fps ones.
 
I want 1000fps....
Really, I don't understand the point of this vote. Of course that everyone wants the best, but if you are setting a poll like this there should be a trade-off, or else why would anyone want lower than the maximum.
For example, if you would say that in 60fps the scenery will be with lower details (or less resolution) or anything similar then OK, but if it's all the same and the only difference is the FPS number, so I want the maximum always.
 
How would a racing game be like with over 60 or 100 fps??? hmmmm...:lol:
Threre is a demo of GT5P that runs at native 240fps on special TV.But there is no TV to support it by now.
 
Motion enhancing works best at 24fps, and the reason why I want 24fps replays

It doesnt work at all with 30fps

I want 24fps as well, seeing as though it would look brilliant on my Bravia. Although, I vote that I don't mind, because I think they'd look great in any way.
 
Back