Vote for the car you want to be tuned by tuners ......

• Thread starter Megalodon
  • 10 comments

What do you want to be tuned

• Total voters
Nobody has done a tune for the McLaren F1 that has fixed the rear end tryiing to come around to meet the front yet. The GT6 version is very tail-happy.

Last edited:
Hi @Megalodon,
While I applaud the idea of your thread and think it's a good idea to have a wishlist of cars which have not been tuned yet, I would however like to point out that every car in your poll has been tuned already.

I appreciate that a couple of these cars only have one or two entries in XS' Tune Directory. but there are already 9 tunes for the Ferrari FXX and @pmgolf there are 4 tunes done already for the McLaren F1 not including the race car versions.
If you haven't used XS' directory I would suggest that this should be your first port of call whenever you are looking for a tune for any car. There may however be some new tunes that are not in the directory as it is not updated daily but most of the tuners will post the links for these in the thread XS has pinned at the top of the Tuning Forum, so that's also worth a look.

If you're having issues with the fact your favourite tuner(s) haven't yet turned their attention to the cars you want them to, then I would suggest that you either put a request in there thread or send them a PM asking them nicely if they would consider doing so. You never know they may just make a point of moving it up their list a little.

Thorin - Mr. GT6 Forum policeman - I have corrected my post, and I sincerely hope it's to your satisfaction. I know about the Tune Directory, of course, so your guidance wasn't really necessary. Please continue to follow my posts though, since this 67 year old retired computer programmer can't really get along without your unsolicited help.

Two things, I was going to suggest the same as @Thorin Cain and I also suggest that another option should have been added called "other" as a write in option.

Thorin - Mr. GT6 Forum policeman - I have corrected my post, and I sincerely hope it's to your satisfaction. I know about the Tune Directory, of course, so your guidance wasn't really necessary. Please continue to follow my posts though, since this 67 year old retired computer programmer can't really get along without your unsolicited help.
Oooh, touchy.

Firstly. If I read a post from someone which says that "Nobody has done a tune for the McLaren F1 yet." and I know that there are a few tunes out there, I am going to, perhaps wrongly assume that they do not know where to look to find them. So I am going to do as many others would have done and show them.
This is after all a forum for those who want some help and for those who want to help others. So if you were offended by the fact that someone was trying to do just that I am sorry.

Secondly. I was only trying to help, so I think the "Mr. GT6 Forum policeman" was perhaps a little bit juvenile, don't you? Especially from "this 67 year old retired computer programmer". Oh I'm sorry was that supposed to impress me or make me feel inadequate in any way!?

Tertiary, No, seeing that you asked. Your newly amended post is not to my satisfaction. Trying is not spelled with two i's.👎

And finally. In answer to the newly amended part. I found that HaB Racing's tune for F1 was actually very stable and a bit too neutral for my tastes.....Or did I miss the part where your post said that you tried them all but want to see one which has been upgraded to full power and put on Racing Soft tyres too.:lol:

Last edited:
Ah, nice to see attention to detail; there must be some things inimical to both these threads (those in the GTPlanet GT6 Tuning Forum) AND the characteristics of those who see tuning in GT6 as a legitimate realm for their quasi-scientific curiosities. These are, after all, what lead me here.

I suggest the Lancia STRATOS and the classic Yellow Bird for these reasons:

1) unique handling out of the box (is. Completely stock)
2) may benefit from deeper tuning explorations than those that seek to (merely) get it to go as fast as possible on x tires at y PP on z track, etc. (PP rounded to the nearest 50 and so on)
3) Schadenfreude, to be perfectly honest

Ah, nice to see attention to detail; there must be some things inimical to both these threads (those in the GTPlanet GT6 Tuning Forum) AND the characteristics of those who see tuning in GT6 as a legitimate realm for their quasi-scientific curiosities. These are, after all, what lead me here.

I suggest the Lancia STRATOS and the classic Yellow Bird for these reasons:

1) unique handling out of the box (is. Completely stock)
2) may benefit from deeper tuning explorations than those that seek to (merely) get it to go as fast as possible on x tires at y PP on z track, etc. (PP rounded to the nearest 50 and so on)
3) Schadenfreude, to be perfectly honest
The Stratos is the featured car in this month's "Difficult Car" thread. I will find a link in due course....

EDIT: Here is the thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/difficult-car-spotlight-lancia-stratos.304279/

Back