VR to do list & VR online lobbies - GT7

• Thread starter Papiculo64
  • 57 comments
Japan
Japan
Counting on next week, the races will be held as follows:

(START AT GMT 13:00)

A KARTING RACE
Like yesterday but a little shorter for those who still struggle with motion sickness... xD

A ONE-MAKE RACE
I'll figure out what car to use depending on what's available at legend cars and used cars dealerships and will let you know at least one day before the race, so those who don't have it already can buy it. We'll use the stock version so avoid tuning it or you might not be able to enter the race.

A THEMED RACE
e.g. 60's cars only, Gr.1 cars only, dirt race, formula race, etc... Will turn on the boost this time, so we should have a closest competition ^^

Of course, I'll let you know the tracks and/or cars prior to the event for those who want to practice, so stay tuned to this thread! 👍

PS: thanks to all those who participated in this first gtplanet VR series! I'm pumped up to make it even more fun counting on now!
😁

PPS: I know that it's a lot of money, but try to get the MP4/4 while it's still at Hagerty's, there will be races using it here so better get it sooner than later!

Hi doods!

I posted this on the "GT7 & VR" thread a few days ago and thought that it would be cool to have a place to share things worth trying in VR so that other players can try them as well, and a rally point for some VR online lobbies or else.

A car worth driving in VR, a race with great scenery in certain weather/time conditions, some challenges for other players to try, a themed VR online lobby... Feel free to share everything you want!

Here are my recommendations, from experiences I had both in GT sport and GT7 :

・ Driving a Racing Kart! Just pick up one of your favorite track (Tsukuba or Autopolis are perfectly adapted but any other track except for those like Le Mans will do the job) and start an arcade race for some great sensations, especially if you have a sequential shifter!

・Playing the World GT Series championship, 5 great races with many weather and day time variations, and over 1.000.000 credits payout if you get all the CRB. The World Touring Car 700 championship is really nice too!

・ Driving the F150 Raptor. I tried it on a Grand Valley 600PP race to be able to have a better look over the bridge. It's quite fast and smooth to drive, and the other cars feel REALLY small in comparison! It also gives some great panoramas when you're up the mountain at Bathurst. Cockpit is really cool as well.

・ Driving the MP4/4. Tried it on a custom race at Willow Spring with other 80's classic cars and day/night cycle. A real treat!

・ Doing the Gr.1 races at Road Atlanta and Grand Valley. The floor lamps turning on at Atlanta and the sun going down behing the sea at Grand Valley give some incredible sceneries.
Use the TS050 or the Redbull X2019 for an Easy win 👍
Tokyo Expressway is also very impressive at night, the South Clockwise layout is my favorite, but East Clockwise is really cool too with the monorail passing over the track!

・ Taking the stock F50 (you can use intermediate tires) to the European Clubman Cup 600 at Nordschleife. The payout is a joke, but the race in itself is a lot of fun and the F50 drives like heaven, especially with clutch/shifter.

・ Trying the 1h Spa race with any of the old Group C cars.
The 962C, 787B, R92CP, XJR-9 or C9. Make an intermediate tires build for each of them, so that you make the whole race in intermediate with better horsepower than what you would have if you start with RH then switch to inter.
Since you will most likely use intermediates for the biggest part of the race it's a good compromise, and doing so you won't have to care about weather so you can totally turn OFF the HUD for an even better immersion.
You just have to make one pit stop at dawn or when your Low Fuel indicator light up, to refuel and get a new set of intermediate tires (you get all the relevant informations while pitting even with HUD turned OFF).
You can also turn OFF all assists including ABS if you feel confident, and using a shifter and clutch is a blast too, and the most realistic way to drive those cars.
It requires some good VR legs to make it in one shot, but driving at night on this mythic track is a unique feeling and you can still take some breaks if it becomes overwhelming.
VR also makes it easier to appreciate some corners of this track with bad visibility (works with many other tracks too), and overtaking between Eau Rouge and Raidillon is easier than ever.
Definitively a good race to improve your VR driving skills and getting faster than on flat screen. VR also makes it easier for me to drive under the rain and avoid aquaplaning.
Not sure about the other Group C cars, the 962C and C9 don't have it, but the 787B indicates your last lap time on the dashboard, which is a really cool feature for those who like to drive without HUD.

・ Driving all of the legend cars you can afford, most of them are really unique cars and take their full dimension in VR. And same goes with most road and race cars from before 2000's.
All those Porsche race cars, Ferrari's, Jaguar's, Aston's and old muscle cars are a real treat in VR!

・ Driving the 288 GTO at Spa or any other track. It's not an easy one to handle, but it's a pure monster which can go at over 300km/h in stock version if I remember well, and the engine sound is sick! Cockpit is a blast too, like with most Ferrari's.

・ Trying dirt tracks! VR makes countersteering way easier since you can turn your head, and you can notice every single bumps and anticipate easier too (just release throttle or brake before the biggest bumps).
If you have the Escudo with a handbrake and sequential shifter, you'll have some great times and you'll fully measure the power of this monster!

・ Try to make some custom races with custom weather and many variations, set the variable time speed rate to 30x and use your garage cars with your favorite liveries as opponents, it will make those races way more fun! You can save the settings so that you can do the race whenever you want and save many different weather or settings variations.

・Play all the mssions, even if you already finished them, especially all the endurance races.

Mission like the 30 minutes of High Speed Ring, the 30 laps of Tsukuba (thanks to SUBZERO-8K for highlighting those two races), or the 24 minutes of Le Mans are a lt of fun in VR!

Last edited:
Hi doods!

I posted this on the "GT7 & VR" thread a few days ago and thought that it would be cool to have a place to share things worth trying in VR so that other players can try them as well, and a rally point for some VR online lobbies or else.

A car worth driving in VR, a race with great scenery in certain weather/time conditions, some challenges for other players to try, a themed VR online lobby... Feel free to share everything you want!

Here are my recommendations, from experiences I had both in GT sport and GT7 :

・ Driving a Racing Kart! Just pick up one of your favorite track (Tsukuba or Autopolis are perfectly adapted but any other track except for those like Le Mans will do the job) and start an arcade race for some great sensations, especially if you have a sequential shifter!

・Playing the World GT Series championship, 5 great races with many weather and day time variations, and over 1.000.000 credits payout if you get all the CRB. The World Touring Car 700 championship is really nice too!

・ Driving the F150 Raptor. I tried it on a Grand Valley 600PP race to be able to have a better look over the bridge. It's quite fast and smooth to drive, and the other cars feel REALLY small in comparison! It also gives some great panoramas when you're up the mountain at Bathurst. Cockpit is really cool as well.

・ Driving the MP4/4. Tried it on a custom race at Willow Spring with other 80's classic cars and day/night cycle. A real treat!

・ Doing the Gr.1 races at Road Atlanta and Grand Valley. The floor lamps turning on at Atlanta and the sun going down behing the sea at Grand Valley give some incredible sceneries.
Use the TS050 or the Redbull X2019 for an Easy win 👍
Tokyo Expressway is also very impressive at night, the South Clockwise layout is my favorite, but East Clockwise is really cool too with the monorail passing over the track!

・ Taking the stock F50 (you can use intermediate tires) to the European Clubman Cup 600 at Nordschleife. The payout is a joke, but the race in itself is a lot of fun and the F50 drives like heaven, especially with clutch/shifter.

・ Trying the 1h Spa race with any of the old Group C cars.
The 962C, 787B, R92CP, XJR-9 or C9. Make an intermediate tires build for each of them, so that you make the whole race in intermediate with better horsepower than what you would have if you start with RH then switch to inter.
Since you will most likely use intermediates for the biggest part of the race it's a good compromise, and doing so you won't have to care about weather so you can totally turn OFF the HUD for an even better immersion.
You just have to make one pit stop at dawn or when your Low Fuel indicator light up, to refuel and get a new set of intermediate tires (you get all the relevant informations while pitting even with HUD turned OFF).
You can also turn OFF all assists including ABS if you feel confident, and using a shifter and clutch is a blast too, and the most realistic way to drive those cars.
It requires some good VR legs to make it in one shot, but driving at night on this mythic track is a unique feeling and you can still take some breaks if it becomes overwhelming.
VR also makes it easier to appreciate some corners of this track with bad visibility (works with many other tracks too), and overtaking between Eau Rouge and Raidillon is easier than ever.
Definitively a good race to improve your VR driving skills and getting faster than on flat screen. VR also makes it easier for me to drive under the rain and avoid aquaplaning.
Not sure about the other Group C cars, the 962C and C9 don't have it, but the 787B indicates your last lap time on the dashboard, which is a really cool feature for those who like to drive without HUD.

・ Driving all of the legend cars you can afford, most of them are really unique cars and take their full dimension in VR. And same goes with most road and race cars from before 2000's.
All those Porsche race cars, Ferrari's, Jaguar's, Aston's and old muscle cars are a real treat in VR!

・ Driving the 288 GTO at Spa or any other track. It's not an easy one to handle, but it's a pure monster which can go at over 300km/h in stock version if I remember well, and the engine sound is sick! Cockpit is a blast too, like with most Ferrari's.

・ Trying dirt tracks! VR makes countersteering way easier since you can turn your head, and you can notice every single bumps and anticipate easier too (just release throttle or brake before the biggest bumps).
If you have the Escudo with a handbrake and sequential shifter, you'll have some great times and you'll fully measure the power of this monster!

・ Try to make some custom races with custom weather and many variations, set the variable time speed rate to 30x and use your garage cars with your favorite liveries as opponents, it will make those races way more fun! You can save the settings so that you can do the race whenever you want and save many different weather or settings variations.
The Ferrari 288GTO is one of my all time favourite cars I loved it when i was a child "the 80ies" and I love it even more now in GT7 its a total beast especially if you tune it for torque!! it slaps the Escudo across the face in 0-400...

I have two nice custom races I want todo the first being 24h le mans all the classics from the 60ies only still need to collect a few more cars for that one...

And SPA 24H with all the 80ies grp. 1 cars!...

I migth run the 24H in condensed mode not sure I can go a full 24H in vr :D

The Ferrari 288GTO is one of my all time favourite cars I loved it when i was a child "the 80ies" and I love it even more now in GT7 its a total beast especially if you tune it for torque!! it slaps the Escudo across the face in 0-400...

I have two nice custom races I want todo the first being 24h le mans all the classics from the 60ies only still need to collect a few more cars for that one...

And SPA 24H with all the 80ies grp. 1 cars!...

I migth run the 24H in condensed mode not sure I can go a full 24H in vr :D
Ahah! ^^

The 288 GTO is a great car for sure! A shame it never had the chance to compete in group B...

I use it for the World Touring Car 700 championship and with a little tune that makes it quite dificult to handle, but hitting 340km/h in the downslope after the tunnel in trial mountain is priceless 😁 Driving that beast at Nordschleife with clutch/shifter in the last race is a blast too, and even if it's a really difficult race due to the fiery temper of the car, it's a really good exercice to master the dosing of throttle and breaks.

It's really fun on dirt tracks too, which makes me think that I didn't try it in VR yet!

Those custom races sound great!

Actually I made a 80's/90's group C race at Le Mans since I've got all of them in 2 or 3 copies with different liveries 😁

I've got some 60's classics custom races too, and same with 70's and 90's cars?

It would be great to try some VR custom races with other players from the GT7 VR thread, maybe next weekend !

Last edited:
Ahah! ^^

The 288 GTO is a great car for sure! A shame it never had the chance to compete in group B...

I use it for the World Touring Car 700 championship and with a little tune that makes it quite dificult to handle, but hitting 340km/h in the downslope after the tunnel in trial mountain is priceless 😁 Driving that beast at Nordschleife with clutch/shifter in the last race is a blast too, and even if it's a really difficult race due to the fiery temper of the car, it's a really good exercice to master the dosing of throttle and breaks.

It's really fun on dirt tracks too, which makes me think that I didn't try it in VR yet!

Those custom races sound great!

Actually I made a 80's/90's group C race at Le Mans since I've got all of them in 2 or 3 copies with different liveries 😁

I've got some 60's classics custom races too, and same with 70's and 90's cars?

It would be great to try some VR custom races with other players from the GT7 VR thread, maybe next weekend !
yeah and its a shame we not have group B anymore also that thing was amazing :D

I tried the stratos almost impossible I can't imagine putting dirt's on the 288GTO that thing would be totally undriveable in the dirt!?? :embarrassed:

I am game if we can match the timezones can we also add some ai cars so we can fill the grid with 60ies cars??:D

Last edited:
yeah and its a shame we not have group B anymore also that thing was amazing :D

I tried the stratos almost impossible I can't imagine putting dirt's on the 288GTO that thing would be totally undriveable in the dirt!?? :embarrassed:

I am game if we can match the timezones can we also add some ai cars so we can fill the grid with 60ies cars??:D

A shame... :(

Even if I guess that the "Tour the Corse" would have bring many other deaths if it continued. Drove there many times and those roads are so dangerous, especially with all the locals driving like crazy fast and overtaking in blind corners at insane speeds... 😂 But I love this place and those roads, really beautiful scenery. Just don't take anybody having the slightest motion sickness in car with you... 🤣

Love the Stratos on dirt! 🤩 The GTO is indeed really difficult to handle, and evn more on dirt, but when you get used to it it's a bunch of fun! 😁

I'm actually thinking of a few races including a 60's classics race, but I hope we could bring some more folks from the PSVR2 topic since you cannot fill the grid with AI in online lobbies, unfortunately... But if nobody's interested and we have some matching play time, let's try it this week!

You can add me to your friendlist, my ID is papiculo_64 👍

Last edited:
A shame... :(

Even if I guess that the "Tour the Corse" would have bring many other deaths if it continued. Drove there many times and those roads are so dangerous, especially with all the locals driving like crazy fast and overtaking in blind corners at insane speeds... 😂 But I love this place and those roads, really beautiful scenery. Just don't take anybody having the slightest motion sickness in car with you... 🤣

Love the Stratos on dirt! 🤩 The GTO is indeed really difficult to handle, and evn more on dirt, but when you get used to it it's a bunch of fun! 😁

I'm actually thinking of a few races including a 60's classics race, but I hope we could bring some more folks from the PSVR2 topic since you cannot fill the grid with AI in online lobbies, unfortunately... But if nobody's interested and we have some matching play time, let's try it this week!

You can add me to your friendlist, my ID is papiculo_64 👍
Kinda the same thing with the original circuit de la sarthe they also changed that because of accidents but I kinda feel they are going the wrong way about the accidents will always happen in racing and this should instead lead to changes to the cars and how the drivers drive not to changes to the track it self :embarrassed:

I have not done alot of dirt driving in this game I kinda feel its way off compared to real life and how the cars react more realistic in regular race events :D

I have no doubts that we can propably get a good grid of other players from the forum too join too :)

I did sent you a request in PS well I hope it was for you at least :D

Kinda the same thing with the original circuit de la sarthe they also changed that because of accidents but I kinda feel they are going the wrong way about the accidents will always happen in racing and this should instead lead to changes to the cars and how the drivers drive not to changes to the track it self :embarrassed:

I have not done alot of dirt driving in this game I kinda feel its way off compared to real life and how the cars react more realistic in regular race events :D

I have no doubts that we can propably get a good grid of other players from the forum too join too :)

I did sent you a request in PS well I hope it was for you at least :D
Yes, was discussing it a few days ago on another thread, but even if it's a good thing that there are less deadly accidents, all those regulations made the whole racing thing less thrilling, at least as a spectator.

Group B was great but those monster cars didn't belong to the Tour de Corse, it was way too dangerous. One car literally exploded in the maquis during a special track, after falling down the cliff. Nobody even notice it until they saw the wildfire... 😅

Yeah, rally is a little off, but when you get used to countersteering and with a good wheel it's really fun, especially in VR where you can read the topography of the track way better! Definitively worth giving a try in VR!

I added you on PSN!

Yes, was discussing it a few days ago on another thread, but even if it's a good thing that there are less deadly accidents, all those regulations made the whole racing thing less thrilling, at least as a spectator.

Group B was great but those monster cars didn't belong to the Tour de Corse, it was way too dangerous. One car literally exploded in the maquis during a special track, after falling down the cliff. Nobody even notice it until they saw the wildfire... 😅

Yeah, rally is a little off, but when you get used to countersteering and with a good wheel it's really fun, especially in VR where you can read the topography of the track way better! Definitively worth giving a try in VR!

I added you on PSN!
all the regulations all the excessive downforce and electronics yup racing was more engaging in the old days when the racingcars actually looked like cars :D

Yeah Group B was a bit of an extreme outlier :D

Hmmm will try that later today maybe and take the legendary stratos out for a spin :)

Ah good so it was the correct person I sent invite too :D

I brought the ps4 with the intention of getting vr, when it came out i was so chuffed, did 1 lap and turned if off, feeling horribly sick...

This is so different to that experience, I tried one of thr night races round mount panorama. the feeling of immersion when the cars headlights light up the inside of your cockpit is incredible.. really looking forward to doing some longer races. fingers crossed i can stomach it lol

I brought the ps4 with the intention of getting vr, when it came out i was so chuffed, did 1 lap and turned if off, feeling horribly sick...

This is so different to that experience, I tried one of thr night races round mount panorama. the feeling of immersion when the cars headlights light up the inside of your cockpit is incredible.. really looking forward to doing some longer races. fingers crossed i can stomach it lol
Don't worry, you'll get over it if you don't push yourself too hard! 👍 Take off the headset whenever you begin to feel even just a little dizzy, or ideally before that, and come back after 1 hour or so. If you insist you might not be able to play for 2 or 3 days and it will just slow the process of getting your VR legs. When you get used to VR, your inner ear tells you when it's time to stop, just listen to it and you'll get your VR lgs in no time 😁 Keep telling yourself that it might take 2 or 3 months, so that even if it takes one month and a half you'll be happy! ^^

And yes, the night falling at Bathurst is a real treat in VR, as well as on many other tracks like Spa, Le Mans, Nordschleife, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen or Tokyo Expressway, and same thing with the dynamic weather! You'll have a lot of those moments from now on :)

If you want to try some online lobbies with us then let me know. I'll try to make some short races at first for those not used to VR!

Don't worry, you'll get over it if you don't push yourself too hard! 👍 Take off the headset whenever you begin to feel even just a little dizzy, or ideally before that, and come back after 1 hour or so. If you insist you might not be able to play for 2 or 3 days and it will just slow the process of getting your VR legs. When you get used to VR, your inner ear tells you when it's time to stop, just listen to it and you'll get your VR lgs in no time 😁 Keep telling yourself that it might take 2 or 3 months, so that even if it takes one month and a half you'll be happy! ^^

And yes, the night falling at Bathurst is a real treat in VR, as well as on many other tracks like Spa, Le Mans, Nordschleife, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen or Tokyo Expressway, and same thing with the dynamic weather! You'll have a lot of those moments from now on :)

If you want to try some online lobbies with us then let me know. I'll try to make some short races at first for those not used to VR!
I thought I was getting better. Im doing the historic cup, did 5 laps rnd goodwood then got half was rnd nurburgring. Now im having a break lol. Im blaming the spongy suspension on the 911 😂

all the regulations all the excessive downforce and electronics yup racing was more engaging in the old days when the racingcars actually looked like cars :D

Yeah Group B was a bit of an extreme outlier :D

Hmmm will try that later today maybe and take the legendary stratos out for a spin :)

Ah good so it was the correct person I sent invite too :D

Exactly! 😁

As for the stratos, great choice! I used it in GT sport at Colorado Springs and it was a lot of fun! ^^

GT in VR is such an amazing experience! Honestly worth every penny.. This is truly the next generation of sim racing imo. Can't wait to enjoy it even more with all you other VR users!!

Psn: sk8boardC

Welcome mate! 😁

Enjoying the game thoroughly too, it's incomparatively better than GT sport, that I already loved in VR.

I'll send you an invite!

I thought I was getting better. Im doing the historic cup, did 5 laps rnd goodwood then got half was rnd nurburgring. Now im having a break lol. Im blaming the spongy suspension on the 911 😂

Ahah! 😅

Don't overdo it, it might have the opposte effect than expected. Take your time, it might take many weeks to get used to it for some people, and racing games are not the best choice to get your VR legs if you're experiencing some bad case of motion sickness. Games like Moss are easier to get used to it, but stop playing before feeling dizzy, that's very imporrant!

Also, I heard about strapbands for motion sickness, another player says it works great on the main thread. Maybe worth trying!

I hated the rally racing in GT7 until doing it in VR... I've played more rally races this week than in all of 2022 combined.

I love dirt tracks in VR, it feels so much fun compared to flat screen! The R5 Turbo daily race at Colorado Springs is a lot of fun, this car is fantastic! (And with different dashboard/seat/cockpit color depending on if you bought the blue or red version of the car! :)

Last edited:
Yo!

If some of you are interested for some VR online lobby this weekend, would you prefer Friday or Saturday?

Also, I could host a session at:

GMT 11:00
GMT 12:00
GMT 13:00
GMT 14:00

let me know what time suits you the best, and if it's not ok for you, don't hesitate to share your availabilities so that other players in your time zone can join you! 👍

EDIT: as for the races, be sure to prepare any of your favorite 60's, 70's or 80's classics within 600pp for a Road Atlanta race, and a 80's/90's Gr.1 car with a 800pp intemediate tires setup for a dynamic weather race around Spa!

Last edited:
Yo!

If some of you are interested for some VR online lobby this weekend, would you prefer Friday or Saturday?

Also, I could host a session at:

GMT 11:00
GMT 12:00
GMT 13:00
GMT 14:00

let me know what time suits you the best, and if it's not ok for you, don't hesitate to share your availabilities so that other players in your time zone can join you! 👍
Too early in the week for me to tell will chime in when we get a little closer to friday or saturday (greenwich mean time) is -1 hour from me so the GMT11 and GMT12 might be a little too early for me if I am sleeping in late but will get back when we get closer to it :)

Too early in the week for me to tell will chime in when we get a little closer to friday or saturday (greenwich mean time) is -1 hour from me so the GMT11 and GMT12 might be a little too early for me if I am sleeping in late but will get back when we get closer to it :)
Ok bro! Let me know :)

Last edited:
Ok bro! Let me know :)
You know this could become a great format the reoccuring "gtplanet VR classic sunday cup" if jordan don't mind us calling it that?

there could be a GTplanet VR race every weekend at a time that somewhat accomodates most timezones if possible featuring all classics in rotation so one week it be the 50ies cars the next the 60ies and so on just not past the 80ies :D

people could sign up here on the forum where time and dates will be posted and a password to keep out non GTplanet players... :D

and members could sign up to host the event so if one has plans that particular weekend someone else from here will just host it..

and we could put down some simple rules like 50ies and 60ies cars no turbo or supercharger tuning allowed or stuff like that :)

Noticed you had a sneak peak through my scapes photos xD

P.S. it don't have to be on a sunday it just sounds better then the friday or saturday cup xD

the tracks could be something like circuit de la sarthe no chicanes 30-60minutes with random weather then willow springs and then daytona as long as it is kept with classic tracks also maybe 60minutes is too much with people getting VR sickness maybe max 30 min. on each track...?

Last edited:
Long time GT player since GT1 and am loving VR2! It's taken 25 years of development and for the tech to catch up but it is now a proper driving sim and offers an amazing virtual experience for car enthusiasts. The gameplay is truly immersive and VR2 delivers a connection to both cars and circuits that just wasn't tangible playing on a TV. I'll still use my TV for designing liveries and working with scapes but never again for driving.

Anyway, it's a great idea to share the best VR experiences the game has to offer and I was interested to read that driving on the dirt tracks is now a better experience. This is a part of the game I have pretty much ignored as I just didn't enjoy it but something I'll be revisiting with VR along with some of the other suggestions above.

The recommendation I would strongly suggest trying which has improved the immersion for me is to 'adjust' your driving position in the car. This was something I regularly tweaked in cockpit view and was disappointed to see that the options weren't there for adjusting height/depth for VR. But you can hack it by pausing the game and adjusting where you sit. See below.

Cockpit View Adjustment
To adjust seat height and depth simply pause the game when the in car view launches. You basically need to do the opposite of what you want to achieve which sounds counter intuitive but it works really well.
  • If the default view positions you too close to the wheel. Pause the game and move your head closer/towards the wheel, then press and hold the options button to reset the view. This has the effect of moving the default view further back from the wheel.
  • If you feel that you are sitting too high then pause and raise yourself up in your seat and press and hold the options button. This resets your view and drops the seat height lower than the default position.
I stumbled on this hack on YouTube and it has further improved my VR2 experience. If you can replicate the real life distance and driving position of your arms/hands to your actual steering wheel it definitely helps to further convince your brain that you are in the car. Worth trying!!

How to change seating position

My PSN: Sprotacus

Ok so I just took out the good old stratos for a trip around the sadegna windmills ......OMG! it is sooo much more fun todo rally in VR and with a wheel and pedal set the way that thing just wanna do controllede slides around the hairpins is sooo much fun my day in GT7 just peaked I think... :embarrassed:

the payout is crap but the fun makes up for that by miles!!! :D

Word of caution!! doing rally in VR is not for the people who still get VR sickness but when your VRlegs are ready oh boy are you in for a treat!! :D

Last edited:
You know this could become a great format the reoccuring "gtplanet VR classic sunday cup" if jordan don't mind us calling it that?

there could be a GTplanet VR race every weekend at a time that somewhat accomodates most timezones if possible featuring all classics in rotation so one week it be the 50ies cars the next the 60ies and so on just not past the 80ies :D

people could sign up here on the forum where time and dates will be posted and a password to keep out non GTplanet players... :D

and members could sign up to host the event so if one has plans that particular weekend someone else from here will just host it..

and we could put down some simple rules like 50ies and 60ies cars no turbo or supercharger tuning allowed or stuff like that :)

Noticed you had a sneak peak through my scapes photos xD

P.S. it don't have to be on a sunday it just sounds better then the friday or saturday cup xD

the tracks could be something like circuit de la sarthe no chicanes 30-60minutes with random weather then willow springs and then daytona as long as it is kept with classic tracks also maybe 60minutes is too much with people getting VR sickness maybe max 30 min. on each track...?

That's an incredible idea! :)

VR Classic Sunday Cup sounds great, which makes me think, why don't we do that on Sunday?
Hopefully we could gather enough players to have different sessions for different time zones.

And of course having some sessions on Saturday for people who cannot play on Sunday.

We could use different tracks every week and post the schedule here with theme/track/rules, so that players can prepare in advance and find and/or tune a car, even if using BoP would be more fair for everybody?

I will post the next week's schedule and password on the first and last page of this thread on Monday or Tuesday.

Anyway that's definitively some great idea to develop! 👍 I can host a race on Sunday at GMT 12:00, but you and 1 or 2 additionnal players could host some races at different hours or on Saturday. Maybe not too many or it would become kind of messy, but if you want to host some race(s) and since you came with the idea of the Sunday Cup, it would be great and could help people in different time zones to take part as well :) As for the races lenghth I think that 30 minutes is the best too, since we are all different with motion sickness. If we gather enough players we could also host ome 1h races for those with good stomach 😁

I wonder if I could make you a co-administrator of this thread?

Long time GT player since GT1 and am loving VR2! It's taken 25 years of development and for the tech to catch up but it is now a proper driving sim and offers an amazing virtual experience for car enthusiasts. The gameplay is truly immersive and VR2 delivers a connection to both cars and circuits that just wasn't tangible playing on a TV. I'll still use my TV for designing liveries and working with scapes but never again for driving.

Anyway, it's a great idea to share the best VR experiences the game has to offer and I was interested to read that driving on the dirt tracks is now a better experience. This is a part of the game I have pretty much ignored as I just didn't enjoy it but something I'll be revisiting with VR along with some of the other suggestions above.

The recommendation I would strongly suggest trying which has improved the immersion for me is to 'adjust' your driving position in the car. This was something I regularly tweaked in cockpit view and was disappointed to see that the options weren't there for adjusting height/depth for VR. But you can hack it by pausing the game and adjusting where you sit. See below.

Cockpit View Adjustment
To adjust seat height and depth simply pause the game when the in car view launches. You basically need to do the opposite of what you want to achieve which sounds counter intuitive but it works really well.
  • If the default view positions you too close to the wheel. Pause the game and move your head closer/towards the wheel, then press and hold the options button to reset the view. This has the effect of moving the default view further back from the wheel.
  • If you feel that you are sitting too high then pause and raise yourself up in your seat and press and hold the options button. This resets your view and drops the seat height lower than the default position.
I stumbled on this hack on YouTube and it has further improved my VR2 experience. If you can replicate the real life distance and driving position of your arms/hands to your actual steering wheel it definitely helps to further convince your brain that you are in the car. Worth trying!!

How to change seating position

My PSN: Sprotacus

Goid to hear that you're enjoying the VR experience too :) It brings racing to a totally different level and is so well implemented in GT7!

Thanks for the tips too! I was using it a lot in GT sport since the seating position was really bad in certain cars!

I sent you a friend request, hope to see you on the tracks! ^^

Unfortunately, with the PST timezone that I am located in. That would make the races from 3am to 6am. Slightly early for me lol 😴

We're not many players by now, but hopefully in few weeks we could host at least 3 or 4 different sessions so that the races would be accessible to the most players possible. And if you want to host, then just let me know! It could interest some players in your time zone as well :)

Ok so I just took out the good old stratos for a trip around the sadegna windmills ......OMG! it is sooo much more fun todo rally in VR and with a wheel and pedal set the way that thing just wanna do controllede slides around the hairpins is sooo much fun my day in GT7 just peaked I think... :embarrassed:

the payout is crap but the fun makes up for that by miles!!! :D

Word of caution!! doing rally in VR is not for the people who still get VR sickness but when your VRlegs are ready oh boy are you in for a treat!! :D
Ahah! 😁

It's a whole different thing, isn't it? ^^

At this point I have almost 680 cars in my garage so I don't really care anymore about the payouts, but if you want to have both fun and credits, then I recommend you trying the circuit experiences on the dirt tracks 😁 A lot of fun too!

I really enjoyed taking the Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion around Norschleife. It's a sublime car to drive!
Thanks for the recommendation! I will try it tomorrow ^^

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Mclaren MP4 88 in VR? im so tempted to splash 8mill on the thing 😬😁😁
Yes, and it's in the to do list! Drove it on a custom race at Big Willow with clutch/shifter and with day/night cycle, it's a real blast and it drives like heaven! It has so much grip that you can pass the last corner of Willow Springs in 6th gear and barely have to release the throttle! 😁

We're not many players by now, but hopefully in few weeks we could host at least 3 or 4 different sessions so that the races would be accessible to the most players possible. And if you want to host, then just let me know! It could interest some players in your time zone as well :)
I better not do any hosting on account of me having extremely shifting sleeprythm so If I say yes to hosting anything a week away chance are I will not be awake when the day finally arrives and I don't wanna dissapoint people:D

Last edited:
I think it's $9M in the Legends dealership at the times when it's available. I bought it when it was only $3M thankfully. I'd highly recommend it regardless.
why has it gone up from 3million to 9million!!?? that is a 300% increase in price!! :embarrassed:

Still gonna buy it though but jeez that price increase is unreasonable its almost like the taxes we have on cars here where I live:(

I better not do any hosting on account of me having extremely shifting sleeprythm so If I say yes to hosting anything a week away chance are I will not be awake when the day finally arrives and I don't wanna dissapoint people:D
No problem mate ^^ We're not many anyway and I may not be able to host regularly neither so let's just make it simple at first. Whenever anyone wants to host a race he can post it here so other players available can join 👍

I'm thinking of a karting lobby for this weekend, it might be easy for anyone to jump in and it's a lot of fun in VR, even more with real players! 😁

Has anyone tried the Mclaren MP4 88 in VR? im so tempted to splash 8mill on the thing 😬😁😁

I had a 30 minutes footage, so I made a little video of the MP4/4 in action, a true beast!!! 🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
Back