VR to do list & VR online lobbies - GT7

• Thread starter Papiculo64
  • 57 comments
No problem mate ^^ We're not many anyway and I may not be able to host regularly neither so let's just make it simple at first. Whenever anyone wants to host a race he can post it here so other players available can join 👍

I'm thinking of a karting lobby for this weekend, it might be easy for anyone to jump in and it's a lot of fun in VR, even more with real players! 😁

I had almost 30 minutes of footage so I made a little video of the MP4/4 in action, a true beast!!! 🔥🔥🔥

Yeah I notice some other board on here where people are trying to make events also I guess getting people togheter for a fixed event is not that easy :D

Endurance Rally!!! :D naah too many newcomers to VR will just puke withing the first 5 minutes :(

Hi all, I'd like to be included in the online VR races please! Happy for anyone to add my PSN ID, I don't do online gaming apart from this game

Really enjoying VR2 and it's upgrade from VR1 with GTS, it's not perfect by any means but PD really worked hard on nailing the little details. I noticed when driving in the Scirocco R around Deep Forest the reflections of the trees and tunnel structure on the dash mounted satnav screen. Absolutely insane!

As mentioned on the main VR2 thread, rather than using the options button (which pauses the game) sit in your 'adjusted' position at the start when the game transitions to VR from 2D then relax back to your normal position and you're good to go - ideal for online racing

Hi all, I'd like to be included in the online VR races please! Happy for anyone to add my PSN ID, I don't do online gaming apart from this game

Really enjoying VR2 and it's upgrade from VR1 with GTS, it's not perfect by any means but PD really worked hard on nailing the little details. I noticed when driving in the Scirocco R around Deep Forest the reflections of the trees and tunnel structure on the dash mounted satnav screen. Absolutely insane!

As mentioned on the main VR2 thread, rather than using the options button (which pauses the game) sit in your 'adjusted' position at the start when the game transitions to VR from 2D then relax back to your normal position and you're good to go - ideal for online racing
Welcome mate! ^^
Is your ID the same as your gtplanet user name?
Yes, GT7 details are amazing, and those reflects in the windshield before the 2nd tunnel of trial mountain always blow my mind! The day&night races with dynamic weather are so damn good as well! Did it a few times in VR but I was blown away once again with the Spa 1h race tonight and was chuckling like an idiot 😝 The sky was incredible and with a very clear starry sky, followed by torrential rain. At dawn there was somme big puddles on the sides of the track, and the reflections looked so realistic in VR that it was really impressive!

Also, thanks for the hack! 😁

As for the hacks, here's 3 hacks that really changed a lot my experience with the PSVR2!

・try using different microfibers to clean the lenses. I used the PSVR1 microfiber until today, and it was total garbage, letting most of the greasy stains even after washing it.
I just tried with another one today, and now the lenses are clean as possible. First time that I notice that the blacks of the OLED were that deep! I used to have some white halos around every bright elements on screen like letters. It's so much better now!

If some of you have thia issue it's definitively worth trying!

・For GT7 and other seated games, be sure to set the Boundary Display Sensitivity to Low! It will let you have a better margin before the black screen appears. Really important for GT7! 👍

・Fold an handkerchief on your forehead before putting on your headset. It will make it more comortable and reduce the marks. Every players have different morphologies and some might not have this issue, but I always ended up having some headaches and really bad marks on the forehead within one hour.

Last edited:
Two other great activities to try in VR are the following missions:
Gone With The Wind - High Speed Ring - 30 Minutes
Moby Dick - Tsukuba Circuit - 30 Laps

Unfortunately if you've already completed them there isn't a payout, but I'd recommend setting up a custom event with the same parameters (or just do the mission again). High Speed Ring I found especially fun, in the instance I played the rain meter got up to 80% at one point and seeing the sun eventually break through the clouds looked incredible in VR. The 30 minutes flew by.

Two other great activities to try in VR are the following missions:
Gone With The Wind - High Speed Ring - 30 Minutes
Moby Dick - Tsukuba Circuit - 30 Laps

Unfortunately if you've already completed them there isn't a payout, but I'd recommend setting up a custom event with the same parameters (or just do the mission again). High Speed Ring I found especially fun, in the instance I played the rain meter got up to 80% at one point and seeing the sun eventually break through the clouds looked incredible in VR. The 30 minutes flew by.
Thanks for the hint :)
I'll add it to the list!
I loved the Tukuba missiom!
I already golded all missions but I'm planning to do all of them in VR once again because it was already a lot of fun on flat, especially the endurance races.

I played the 24 minutes of Le Mans a few days ago since it's my favorite mission, and it was even more impressive! The Ferris wheel lighting up at evening or the sun rising up after a whole night raining gives some incredible sceneries in VR, I really recommend trying this one too! :)

@Papiculo64 My PSN username is SA80A2
Thanks mate!
I'll send you an invite 👍

Thanks for the hint :)
I'll add it to the list!
I loved the Tukuba missiom!
I already golded all missions but I'm planning to do all of them in VR once again because it was already a lot of fun on flat, especially the endurance races.

I played the 24 minutes of Le Mans a few days ago since it's my favorite mission, and it was even more impressive! The Ferris wheel lighting up at evening or the sun rising up after a whole night raining gives some incredible sceneries in VR, I really recommend trying this one too! :)
Oh yeah, I had actually done the Le Mans challenge last week, since it was one of the few I hadn't golded yet. Absolutely incredible!

The 20 minutes at Bathurst challenge is also great. The AI is a bit inconsistent, where sometimes it's significantly harder than others, but I've done it 3x now since getting PSVR2. It always used to be one of those tracks that I didn't like very much, since I always used to struggle with the mountain segment in flat mode, but switching to VR it is way easier to judge and get all the twists and turns correct.

Oh yeah, I had actually done the Le Mans challenge last week, since it was one of the few I hadn't golded yet. Absolutely incredible!

The 20 minutes at Bathurst challenge is also great. The AI is a bit inconsistent, where sometimes it's significantly harder than others, but I've done it 3x now since getting PSVR2. It always used to be one of those tracks that I didn't like very much, since I always used to struggle with the mountain segment in flat mode, but switching to VR it is way easier to judge and get all the twists and turns correct.
Loved Bathurst on flat, but it's so much better in VR! You know exactly where to break, where to release the throttle, it all feels so natural! And the night scenery is absolutely gorgeous!

On a different note, I just beat the first boss in RE: Village, and this game is really mindblowing in VR!
I had more fun in those first few hours than in the last 10 years playing games on flat! 😳

I wonder if I will be able to play flat screen games ever again after experincing that...

Now I'm seriously hyped about RE4 remake!

Loved Bathurst on flat, but it's so much better in VR! You know exactly where to break, where to release the throttle, it all feels so natural! And the night scenery is absolutely gorgeous!

On a different note, I just beat the first boss in RE: Village, and this game is really mindblowing in VR!
I had more fun in those first few hours than in the last 10 years playing games on flat! 😳

I wonder if I will be able to play flat screen games ever again after experincing that...

Now I'm seriously hyped about RE4 remake!
My ass is too lazy too play any VR game where I need to be standing up and most VR games don't play too well when I am lounging in my lazy boy chair so its kinda hard for me to get into other VR games then GT7 which I play on my simrig :D

My ass is too lazy too play any VR game where I need to be standing up and most VR games don't play too well when I am lounging in my lazy boy chair so its kinda hard for me to get into other VR games then GT7 which I play on my simrig :D
I can relate! At first I tried RE8 standing and with smooth camera rotations. When I finished the tutorial and introduction scene, I felt dizzy and not really convinced by the controls. I thought that it was not a game for me and didn't play it for the next 2 days (I quitted RE7 VR after less than one hour and never could play any of that kind of games on PSVR1 for the same reason...).

I decided to give it another try after hearing this "PSVR without parole" beanie guy speaking about the game and stating that it was an amazing experience and from far his favorite game so far before GT7.

This time I used 45° rotation camera and played seated. And I've been having a blast since then! When the game really begins it's so good and so immersive! The feeling of being fully immersed in a 1:1 Resident Evil with all those monsters chasing you is something you can only experience in VR. The scale of some ennemies and characters is so impressive that I took off my headset a few times to compare on my 4K 55' TV, and they looked so ridiculously unimpressive 😂 Like it was a whole different gane!

But even better than that, the gameplay is top notch and the gun fights are in fact more precise and way more fun than anything you can experience on flat screen once you get used to the mechanics (which only takes a few fights)! You really should give it another shot, at least trying to finish the Dimitrescu's castle, and give me your impressions. I'm quite sure that you'll be totally addicted by then! 😁

I'm getting some really strong VR legs thanks to this game too, I was even able to go back to the smooth rotation camera for a long session without being sick, which I thought was impossible for me until now, and I've been playing VR games for more than 5 years!

For those who want to try some racing kart VR lobbies this weekend around GMT 11:00 to 14:00, stay tuned! I'll try to host a session on Friday or Saturday. If you've got some preferences for day or hour then let me know! 👍

Last edited:
I can relate! At first I tried RE8 standing and with smooth camera rotations. When I finished the tutorial and introduction scene, I felt dizzy and not really convinced by the controls. I thought that it was not a game for me and didn't play it for the next 2 days (I quitted RE7 VR after less than one hour and never could play any of that kind of games on PSVR1 for the same reason...).

I decided to give it another try after hearing this "PSVR without parole" beanie guy speaking about the game and stating that it was an amazing experience and from far his favorite game so far before GT7.

This time I used 45° rotation camera and played seated. And I've been having a blast since then! When the game really begins it's so good and so immersive! The feeling of being fully immersed in a 1:1 Resident Evil with all those monsters chasing you is something you can only experience in VR. The scale of some ennemies and characters is so impressive that I took off my headset a few times to compare on my 4K 55' TV, and they looked so ridiculously unimpressive 😂 Like it was a whole different gane!

But even better than that, the gameplay is top notch and the gun fights are in fact more precise and way more fun than anything you can experience on flat screen once you get used to the mechanics (which only takes a few fights)! You really should give it another shot, at least trying to finish the Dimitrescu's castle, and give me your impressions. I'm quite sure that you'll be totally addicted by then! 😁

I'm getting some really strong VR legs thanks to this game too, I was even able to go back to the smooth rotation camera for a long session without being sick, which I thought was impossible for me until now, and I've been playing VR games for more than 5 years!
I will give it another try love the castle level alot compared to most of the other levels :D

It seems strange you will get hit with VR sickness after doing it for so long I owned a htc vive long time ago when it first came out and had for maybe 6 months before I got tired of all the setup and standing to playing so I sold it but when I jumped into gt7 in VR I only felt very little VR sickness and same in RE village?? I guess doing warthunder VR back in the day hardened my inner ear xD smooth rotation thing will give me a little of the vr sickness though :D

I will give it another try love the castle level alot compared to most of the other levels :D

It seems strange you will get hit with VR sickness after doing it for so long I owned a htc vive long time ago when it first came out and had for maybe 6 months before I got tired of all the setup and standing to playing so I sold it but when I jumped into gt7 in VR I only felt very little VR sickness and same in RE village?? I guess doing warthunder VR back in the day hardened my inner ear xD smooth rotation thing will give me a little of the vr sickness though :D
I played a lot of games on PSVR, but it was a real PITA to set up and quite limited, so I mostly played on flat screen and never got used to those VR games where you had to walk and turn the camera with the sticks, nor to games like Star Wars Squadrons or Ace Combat. I could play for many hours in a row on games like GT sport, Rush of Blood or Astro Bot, but finally being able to play that kind of games as well is a real treat for me!

I was already convinced by racing games and how much better they were in VR than on flat, but after playing RE8 in VR and realizing that you can even play those AAA games with unprecedented immersion and with top notch and way more thrilling gameplay, I feel like reaching a point of no return, where I may not be able to enjoy flat screen games ever again... 😅

PSVR2 is so easy to use, you just turn ON your PS5 and jump in, that's something I really missed with PSVR1. If there are enough games to keep me entertained in the upcoming years, I may consider selling my TV... xD

Last edited:
I really would like to join the vr lobby if possible?
PSN nick is killer_krille200
No problem mate! Welcome! ^^
I'll add you to my friend list.

If everybody's ok with it, I would like to host a karting race on saturday at GMT 13:00. Those willing to participate or would like to play on different day/time, please let me know!👍

I will be hosting the first "gtplanet racing kart series" today at GMT 13:00.
For those willing to participate, don't forget to add me to your PSN friendlist (ID: papiculo_64) and to bring your racing kart!
Search for friend lobbies and "gtplanet racing kart series #1".

It will be a 18 laps at Road Atlanta with qualifiers.
You can practice until then and you can participate both in VR or on flat screen.

If there are no other participants the race will be reported to next weekend.

Please let me know if you want to participate!
👍

If you guys end up doing any Gr. 3/4 races in the future I would be interested in joining.
Hi mate!
Maybe in the future if there are enough participants 😁

Last edited:
So today is the big day for the GTplanet VR classic cup running in karts on a mystery track :D

3 hours from now remember to post lobby name and code :)

and thx god its just for ***** and giggles since I sux at karting :D

So today is the big day for the GTplanet VR classic cup running in karts on a mystery track :D

3 hours from now remember to post lobby name and code :)

and thx god its just for ***** and giggles since I sux at karting :D
Yo mate!

Looks like we're only two... 😅
We can still make the race or try to gather more players and make it next week, as you want!

Yo mate!

Looks like we're only two... 😅
We can still make the race or try to gather more players and make it next week, as you want!
If you can forgive me for not using voice chat ingame on count of my anxiety we can toss the old stratos around the windmills in sardegna and see if more people will show up?? :) idk if its possible to fill the grid with ai in lobbys?

If you can forgive me for not using voice chat ingame on count of my anxiety we can toss the old stratos around the windmills in sardegna and see if more people will show up?? :) idk if its possible to fill the grid with ai in lobbys?
I already set up the race this afternoon, and it will be a fun race I think, with some great scenery! 👍
The race won't last more than 25/30 minutes, so we can go to Windmills after that if you want! Do you use the stock Stratos?
I can try to make the Windmills lobby before the karting race starts!

Also, a gtplanet user just added me on PSN, so maybe he will be with us for the karting!

No problem for the voice chat, I genuinely can't drive while speaking and ny spoken english really sucks anyway 😂

Missed the karting today but the rallying was great fun, @Commander_SR is possibly regretting picking the stratos though. Everyone seems to have found their VR legs and being able to look into the corners as you slide round them helps massively. Thanks @Papiculo64 for setting it up.

Next time I vote for the mx5 roadster or another open top on Laguna Seca!

Last edited:
I’d love to participate in a race but I’m on Eastern Standard Time which is GMT -5 hours so 13 GMT is 8 AM and is time for me to sleep. My PSN is also DextroCat like on here and whoever can add me. I’m not very good though.

Missed the karting today but the rallying was great fun, @Commander_SR is possibly regretting picking the stratos though. Everyone seems to have found their VR legs and being able to look into the corners as you slide round them helps massively. Thanks @Papiculo64 for setting it up.

Next time I vote for the mx5 roadster or another open top on Laguna Seca!
Thank you for joining us! It was a lot of fun 😁
I forgot to turn on the boost on the Windmills lobby, since it was intended to be a one-make race with the Stratos at first.
I'll make things better next week! ^^
Great driving by the way! :)

Laguna Seca could be a lot of fun too! :)
Thanks for the suggestion!

I’d love to participate in a race but I’m on Eastern Standard Time which is GMT -5 hours so 13 GMT is 8 AM and is time for me to sleep. My PSN is also DextroCat like on here and whoever can add me. I’m not very good though.
Welcome mate! :)

It's kinda difficult since we're all in different time zones (I'm GMT -9 😅), but there was another player who was in a time zone similar to yours, so maybe that one of you could host races at a more realistic time than 8 A.M. so that many other players can participate too!

Feel free to use this topic as a rally point if you want 👍

Hope that we can race together sometimes! ^^

Counting on next week, the races will be held as follows:

(START AT GMT 13:00)

A KARTING RACE
Like yesterday but a little shorter for those who still struggle with motion sickness... xD

A ONE-MAKE RACE
I'll figure out what car to use depending on what's available at legend cars and used cars dealership and will let you know at least one day before the race, so those who don't have it already can buy it. We'll use the stock version so avoid tuning it or you might not be able to enter the race.

A THEMED RACE
e.g. 60's cars only, Gr.1 cars only, dirt race, formula race, etc... Will turn on the boost this time, so we should have a closest competition ^^

Of course, I'll let you know the tracks and/or cars prior to the event for those who want to practice, so stay tuned to this thread! 👍

PS: thanks to all those who participated in this first gtplanet VR series! I'm pumped up to make it even more fun counting on now!
😁

PPS: I know that it's a lot of money, but try to get the MP4/4 while it's still at Hagerty's, there will be races using it here so better get it sooner than later!

Last edited:
@Papiculo64 If we're going for a one make race, rather than the MP4/4 why not the RA272 (which is a fair bit cheaper)? Also had great fun in the Radical / Honda 2/4 (or is it 4/2?) / KTM X-Bow etc.

Would also enjoy another rallying race, so much better in VR than in Pancake

@Papiculo64 If we're going for a one make race, rather than the MP4/4 why not the RA272 (which is a fair bit cheaper)? Also had great fun in the Radical / Honda 2/4 (or is it 4/2?) / KTM X-Bow etc.

Would also enjoy another rallying race, so much better in VR than in Pancake
Actually I was thinking of a rally race for this week's one make, probably with the Stratos since we couldn't do it last time. Waiting to see what's coming at used cars dealership this week.

The MP4/4 is at Hagerty's and there will be some MP4/4 races for sure at some point but not right now, so buy it whenever you can 👍

As for the RA272 I love it too and was already thinking of it for a one make! 😁 Probably next week in replacement of karting race, stay tuned!

Last edited:
Back