[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,226 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Gary Slater: I've got a bad vibration. I think it's getting worse.

Robert McAllister: We're looking into it. Try and keep going.

*Lap 69*

GS: 🤬! The suspension's gone!

RMcA: Understood. Box, box, box. We're retiring the car.

GS: Gah... Just my :censored:ing luck.
 
Yes, but my team's name has been changed. Therefore, it is no longer Harsk World Motorsports, but "HRSC" which means "Harsk Racing Series Community".
I can't change the team name for 2016, but I will change it in my documents for 2017.
Angel, it says that the attachment (the PDF) could not be found for me.
I'll look into it. If you're referring to the link in race reports, it probably is broken. You have to click the attached file at the bottom.
 
I can't change the team name for 2016, but I will change it in my documents for 2017.
Okay, thanks.

Do you want me to start on working in my Ferrari's livery foe 2017?
 
Okay, thanks.

Do you want me to start on working in my Ferrari's livery foe 2017?

We don't know the livery requirements for 2017 so don't start on it.
 
Okay, thanks.

Do you want me to start on working in my Ferrari's livery foe 2017?
Essentially this.
We don't know the livery requirements for 2017 so don't start on it.
I've been working on the requirements to the liveries and I'll send those requirements to @RACECAR for a go-to template before I open it up to everyone.
 
It's always good to get a kick start on things, but hey, we still haven't finished 2015 man! Go easy hahaha
 
Alex Rivera after the race "We had a really good car but anybody starting in the back wouldn't win today." "This result gives us tons of confidence going into Indy that we can win that race."
 
This is no where near final or absolute, and things can dramatically change between now and when the final calendar is released in August, but here is what I am currently looking at for 2017.
January 1, 2017: New Year's Day 2017
January 8, 2017: Monster Shootout @ Phoenix International Raceway
January 15, 2017:
January 22, 2017: Sebring Open Test @ Sebring International Raceway
January 29, 2017:
February 5, 2017: VRR Media Weekend
February 12, 2017: Nikon Indy Grand Prix of the Gold Coast @ Surfer's Paradise Street Circuit
February 19, 2017: Audi Indy Grand Prix of Ruapuna @ Mike Pero Motorsports Park
February 26, 2017: Qantas Indy Grand Prix of Melbourne @ Calder Park Raceway
March 5, 2017: Fuji Television Indy Grand Prix of Suzuka @ Suzuka International Race Course
March 12, 2017: Honda Indy 300 @ Twin Ring Motegi
March 19, 2017:
March 26, 2017: Firestone Indy Grand Prix of St. Petersburg @ St. Petersburg Street Circuit
April 2, 2017: Cafes do Brasil Indy 300 @ Homestead-Miami Speedway
April 9, 2017: Coca-Cola Indy Grand Prix of Alabama @ Barber Motorsports Park
April 16, 2017: Mello-Yello Indy 300 @ Atlanta Motor Speedway
April 23, 2017: Coca-Cola Indy 600 @ Kentucky Speedway
April 30, 2017: Sony Indy 300 @ Chicagoland Speedway
May 7, 2017: 2017 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 Qualifying
May 14, 2017: 2017 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway
May 21, 2017: Firestone 600K @ Kansas Speedway
May 28, 2017: 101st Indianapolis 500 Mile Race (Real Life)
June 4, 2017: Molson Indy Edmonton @ Edmonton Street Circuit
June 11, 2017: Toshiba Indy Grand Prix du Trois-Rivieres @ Circuit Trois-Rivieres
June 18, 2017: Molson Indy Montreal @ Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
June 25, 2017: DHL Indy 300 @ Michigan International Speedway
July 2, 2017: Chevrolet Indy Grand Prix of Detroit @ Raceway on Belle Isle
July 9, 2017:
July 16, 2017: Intel Indy Grand Prix of Cleveland @ Burke Lakefront Airport
July 23, 2017: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Lexington @ Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
July 30, 2017: Lipton Indy 300 @ Dover International Speedway
August 6, 2017: Nissan Indy 500 @ Pocono Raceway
August 13, 2017: Samsung Indy 300 @ Memphis Motor Speedway
August 20, 2017: FedEx Indy 300 @ Milwaukee Mile
August 27, 2017: Harley-Davidson Indy Grand Prix of Elkhart Lake @ Road America
September 3, 2017: SanDisk Indy 300 @ Texas Motor Speedway
September 10, 2017: Firestone Indy Grand Prix of Austin @ Circuit of the Americas
September 17, 2017: Audi Indy 300 @ EuroSpeedway Lausitz
September 24, 2017: Dell Indy Grand Prix of Brno @ Automotodrom Brno
October 1, 2017: Nestle Indy Grand Prix of Nogaro @ Circuit Paul Armagnac
October 8, 2017: Dallara Indy Grand Prix of Estoril @ Autodromo do Estoril
October 15, 2017: Ferrari Indy Grand Prix of Barcelona @ Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
October 22, 2017: Aston Martin Indy Grand Prix of England @ Oulton Park
October 29, 2017:
November 5, 2017: Rolex Indy Grand Prix of Monterey @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
November 12, 2017: VRR World Championship @ Auto Club Speedway
November 19, 2017: VRR Awards Ceremony
November 26, 2017: Deadline for 2018 Full Time Entries

Italics are reserved for holidays and real life events.
Races in bold are races a part of the Triple Crown.
 
Think I'll just wait for the race to upload. My computer for some reason just cannot read PDFs without just being stupid.
 
Not what we were hoping for, considering either Michael or I kept a good pace all weekend, it's reeeally hard to swallow losing 16 spots for no apparent reason other than I'm awful. But then again that hasn't been a surprise, has it.
 
In response to the finish to the Monster Shootout, the Cherokee Motorsports crew were all smiles late Sunday night. "The team has no reason to be upset. We did a fantastic job given the trouble we had in the early part of the race. This team has built up so much in such a short period of time and Audi has done an amazing job with the engines."

On the engine problem for Pedro Harsk-"Audi have said the valve failure came from overheating on the warmup lap. He was sitting in a lower gear than suggested and the high temperature early on made the engine start heating up really early. The valve started warping under the heat and in traffic it just got hotter until it broke. That wasn't a possible problem for the rest of the Audi teams."

The early going calendar looks interesting, although I think some races will be cut. The calendar currently stacks up as 35 races, which I don't really mind. I just don't see the series saying "35 races is perfectly fine". I think that the 5 races that will be dropped will likely be ovals. The road course selection is stellar and I'm genuinely surprised by tracks like Oulton Park, Suzuka, and Calder Park making the calendar list. I'm also interested in knowing if the Coca-Cola Indy 600 is being measured in kilometers or miles. That race snuck in under the radar, and with it being at my home track, that race will likely be underlined, circled, stickerbombed and written in neon if it comes to fruition.
 
I would love to see it

Luis Torres Presentation.png
 
2017 is set to be a big year, bigger than this year. But, that also means we get to be more serious. In line with modern day rules, tobacco sponsorship will be prohibited beginning next year. It should have been this year, but I didn't think anyone would genuinely reach low enough to use it. Teams can have up to 5 sponsors on their car total. One primary sponsor, 4 secondary sponsors. The rule regarding primary sponsors is the same. If someone has a company or brand as a primary sponsor, the only other cars that those primary sponsors can appear on are teammates to that driver. That will be heavily enforced in 2017. Engine suppliers can not be primary sponsors to cars that are not factory cars. That will also be heavily enforced. GTPlanet usernames will no longer be required to be on the cars. That should allow more space for sponsorship. Also something of heavy note is the desire to use both the oval and road course aero kits for the season. If and how that will be done is still being investigated. And finally, all cars will need to have actual pit boxes done for the cars, and the pit boxes have to be reflective of the car. Until all the full time entries have confirmed their primary sponsors, work on paint schemes will not be allowed to start.
 
The Monster Shootout: "Honestly? I just wanted an anonymous day at the office to get some seat time and give feedback to the team. I'm pretty sure I got that, but apologies to anybody I ran over to 21st. My eyes are already looking towards the Indianapolis 500."

The Provisional 2017 Calendar
: "Overall, it's promising. There's an amazing mix of road/street courses & ovals in there and travelling around the world is great for selling future sponsorship, but 31 races? With testing starting up in January and only 4 off weeks between then and November? Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me... And shoot, what would the mechanics and the crew of the teams think about that?"

"I'm also not particularly sold on going to Ruapana, Calder Park, Troi-Reveres, Memphis or Olton Park though. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about doing an Australia/New Zealand tour or going to Europe, but from what I've seen from photos online the facilities are pretty basic at Calder, Troi-Reveres, Memphis & Ruapana and I'm not sure if a place like Troi-Reveres or Oulton could even handle Indycars. Heck, I'm not sure if the current cars are narrow enough to go through the arch at Troi or not..."

"I'm curious to see if the Thunderdome will be used for the Calder Park race though; A counter-clockwise oval might be fun. All things said, I'm excited for this series and I hope to still be a part of it by 2017."
 
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that to be honest. I knew that we had a fast car and could challenge for a podium, but to have come out of this with a victory is superb!The other teams were a bit nervous at first about having to compete against a brand new, tiny, 1 car team, but we've had the last laugh I'd say. I can't thank the crew enough. They really stuck with it from when we were nowhere in Practice. We had a bit better qualifying, but we nailed the setup for the race. New Zealand and Honda to the top of the standings, and I'm leading after my first ever Straight Talk Indycar Series race! I'm really stoked right now!
 
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that to be honest. I knew that we had a fast car and could challenge for a podium, but to have come out of this with a victory is superb!The other teams were a bit nervous at first about having to compete against a brand new, tiny, 1 car team, but we've had the last laugh I'd say. I can't thank the crew enough. They really stuck with it from when we were nowhere in Practice. We had a bit better qualifying, but we nailed the setup for the race. New Zealand and Honda to the top of the standings, and I'm leading after my first ever Straight Talk Indycar Series race! I'm really stoked right now!
The Monster Shootout and 2015 Indy 500 do not count towards the Driver's Championship
 
To address a question, the Coca-Cola Indy 600 is measured in miles, not kilometers.
 
The Monster Shootout and 2015 Indy 500 do not count towards the Driver's Championship

Dang it. Here I was super excited about leading a championship except for not :lol:
 
Dang it. Here I was super excited about leading a championship except for not :lol:
Technically, you still are via New Zealand.
 
"Immensely disappointed we had to retire early. We were really struggling down the pack and just couldn't make any progress at all. I must've picked up a vibration somewhere and it just got worse and and worse before I felt something in the suspension let go.

We're going to redouble our efforts for the 2015 Indy 500 exhibition where we will hopefully get these niggles sorted. It's a shame we didn't last that long, but that's to be expected from a start-up single car team."
 
I nearly got caught up in that childish squabble...how fun. :P
 
"Overall, I'm fairly disappointed with our performance in today's race. We had the outside line on the race start and just dropped like a rock. We held on to the lead lap by the skin of our teeth for awhile, and managed to keep it up until the caution. And as for Ahmed being an idiot... Well, I have nothing to say about that. Just flew by me under caution and slammed into the rear of White's car... Glad that Larese plowed him in the wall, he had it coming to him. Anyways, we've got some work to do back at the Black Rose Racing shop on pretty much all of the cars. Hopefully we all turn out a much better result at Indanapolis. Can't wait.
 
It has been uploaded finally..

Next time, wait for me to put it on the thread. There was a plan for it that you just ruined.
 
Next time, wait for me to put it on the thread. There was a plan for it that you just ruined.
Gotta set videos to private if you plan on stuff like that :lol:, that's why I always posted as soon as I started the upload
 
Back