[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well before YT decided to be a bastard and stop working mid-video, I noticed I was doing very well and that my team cars were not the updated ones I thought I'd sent in so long ago. @Angel should I send the updated schemes or are they locked in for the season?

Well before YT decided to be a bastard and stop working mid-video, I noticed I was doing very well and that my team cars were not the updated ones I thought I'd sent in so long ago. @Angel should I send the updated schemes or are they locked in for the season?
I forgot about them to be honest.

Do you have them? I was thinking I just gave them to RACECAR. If you have them and just forgot, trust me I can understand that easily.
I do not have them.

YT stopped being awful, and I got to see WTF happened to my car. I had a shot, dammit! I was on the podium, AND THE 🤬 AI PULLS A 🤬 🤬 🤬 MOVE! Why is it my AIs are always 🤬 braindead? Losing wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for something so 🤬 🤬 stupid!

Sorry, I'm just......AAAHhh!

@Angel here are mine and Whitetail's updated cars.

Attachments

• NCTX DW12s #9 & #79.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
YT stopped being awful, and I got to see WTF happened to my car. I had a shot, dammit! I was on the podium, AND THE 🤬 AI PULLS A 🤬 🤬 🤬 MOVE! Why is it my AIs are always 🤬 braindead? Losing wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for something so 🤬 🤬 stupid!

Sorry, I'm just......AAAHhh!

@Angel here are mine and Whitetail's updated cars.
You're telling me. I DNFd and finished 30th

At long last, a video... I won't say that this delay between all the action and the video release was bad, but I do tend to prefer seeing this action unfold in a video rather than through a series of PDFs and pictures of standings. Sure, having those help when you want to know how well you've done, but seeing that perfomance through motion is far cooler (not to mention, more realistic).

I'll be looking forward to see the race video, and thanks for sharing it, Angel. 👍

At long last, a video... I won't say that this delay between all the action and the video release was bad, but I do tend to prefer seeing this action unfold in a video rather than through a series of PDFs and pictures of standings. Sure, having those help when you want to know how well you've done, but seeing that perfomance through motion is far cooler (not to mention, more realistic).

I'll be looking forward to see the race video, and thanks for sharing it, Angel. 👍
Yeah. And we plan on having the videos more punctual. Nas just had a series of issues loading it to YouTube last weekend. Better late than never.

Yeah. And we plan on having the videos more punctual. Nas just had a series of issues loading it to YouTube last weekend. Better late than never.

Indeed, couldn't put it better myself. Late, but it's here, and that's what matters. As long as future uploads are more consistent schedule-wise, I sure as heck won't mind...

As for TKU's ventures, perhaps you'd best pull some strings at Chevy to see if you didn't get a dud engine, @Jahgee... Maybe a recall is in order. :sly: :lol:

Feels good to get a top 10 finish, after basically being a laughingstock and motorized wrecking ball in practices.

After the race ended Cliff Lagueux was spotted yelling at his crew chief for what can only be assumed was the baffling call to bring him down pit lane with only a handful of laps to go. Lagueux then swung and connected with the side of his crew member's head and warned him if it happened again he would be fired immediately. On the final restart Lagueux was running 14th but then was brought down the pit lane for what appeared to be a scheduled stop but was completely race ending. We caught up with the 28th place finisher just before he quickly left the track.

"I'll admit, I was not having a good race until after pit stops, we were just outside the top 20 before everyone started pitting. Then when the caution flew we managed to pop up inside the top 15, and all of a sudden we had a chance for a good finish. My idiot crew chief though decided to not fill the car with fuel so we had to come back down pit road to make it to the end. I felt great in the car, it was just very tough to get a nose in to make passes, which made the call that much more unacceptable. We'll move on and if things go at Indy like they did here I'll have an open space on the pit team."

After making up many spots at the start of the race, a poorly timed safety car ended any hopes of a decent points finish. Aaron Van der Linden was disappointed after a strong start ton the race: "Yeah, i made up a bunch of spots at the start, I was running ahead of race winner Jaime Ngaire-Jardin (Congrats to her, by the way) before the pitstops. Unfortunately I ended up a lap down after the safety car was deployed, and that ended any hopes I had for a good finish.

"You finished 11th after starting 26th, not such a bad day I'll bet?" - Broseff

"Yeah it wasn't too bad, had a heck of a view of the crazy cast of drivers this bunch is." - Me

"The team seemed to be operating smoothly, what was the mindset going in?" - Broseff

"We just wanted to prove to the rest that we aren't slouches, we're going to kick *** and aren't afraid of the top teams." - Me

"You were putting up quite the fight with the lead lap cars, is that a part of the mindset?" - Broseff

"Guess so, being that I've driven in sportscars a lot and continue to do so, it's not unheard of to be a little aggressive, though I'd never make unnecessary contact or punt somebody." - Me

"Your thoughts on the incident at the end of the race?" - Broseff

"I'd pay money to see those two fight." - Me

News Reporter: Angel, 32nd place finish. Any idea on what happened to the car?
Angel Porter: Went through the corner and the engine cut out in between shifts. No idea. Ignition or gearbox.
NR: You had done a lot of climbing. Obviously a lot of disappointment?
AP: Without a doubt. We were well within fighting range. We clawed to the top 10. Car felt fantastic. But this race isn't the most important one. We can take the hit and rally back next month.

Does the video freeze, then play at superspeed while the audio stays constant for anyone else, it's pretty much unwatchable because of it?

That was on the embedded video here, on YouTube the video is at about 2/3d's speed

Last edited:
Back