• Thread starter Eva
  • 167 comments

Should Races Have Tuning Enabled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me after today's activities:

0f8e1dbf282c6c4a2458aac05ad84cbf.png

What will happen to me at Indy:

indycar-indy-500-2017-scott-dixon-chip-ganassi-racing-honda-crashes-helio-castroneves-team.jpg

So, starting line up for the 2018 VRR Indianapolis is currently the following:
Row: Inside, Middle, Outside
Row 1: The_Eh_Team_43, nascarfan1400, WeatherSystems
Row 2: RacingAtHome, GTP_Crim, BRRT_Angel
Row 3: GTP_RACECAR, Leadfoot530

Drivers that missed qualifying ( @Sassafrass_3 @DGTR @Chad151515 @Leadfoot530 @FutureF1 @Kross24 ) will be added to the rear of the grid in order of driver points.

Last edited:
I'll be out for the next 3 events (sucks that I will miss Road America, love that track). Should be able to be back for Round 6.

A couple of announcements to make regarding the calendar.
1) There will not be a race this weekend. Nothing has been cancelled, but Road America will instead be on June 16th.
2) The members on the VRR Discord server voted to change the 600 kilometer race at Texas into a Twin 300 kilometer event. What this means is that the Texas event on July 14th will be two 124 lap races, with a 5 minute group qualifying session for each.
3) With the Texas event becoming two races, a race will be added onto the end of the season, to be voted on by the public. This event will be the finale of the season. Multiple votes are allowed, and the poll can be found here.

I see you have multiple series running on GTSport but only this here on PCars2. Any chance of more stuff here in the future?

I see you have multiple series running on GTSport but only this here on PCars2. Any chance of more stuff here in the future?
All depends on attendance. Indy Lights will be a thing later this year, but anything else beyond that is up in the air until I can get the attendance sorted out.

It's a shame there's such a limited selection of US based leagues here. There are a few that I'm not allowed in (don't ask, it's a personal thing) so those are off the table. The other US leagues I can think of run on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. That still leaves Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday to pull drivers since many of them are busy on the other days.

Everything I run within VRR is Saturday based.

It's a shame there's such a limited selection of US based leagues here. There are a few that I'm not allowed in (don't ask, it's a personal thing) so those are off the table. The other US leagues I can think of run on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. That still leaves Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday to pull drivers since many of them are busy on the other days.

Its not a personal thing. Its pretty public

Its not a personal thing. Its pretty public

Going out of your way to show you don't like me. How original...

Its personal in that I don't have to talk about it if I don't want to. Grow up already

My only issue Desert is you have signed up for my leagues in the past and then after a race you don't show up. Then ask about me getting drivers for a league you want to do. Commitment is huge man. If you sign up for this league hopefully you show up.

Indy 500.PNG
1st: WeatherSystems/77 pts. (1 win)
2nd: The_Eh_Team_43/75 pts. (1 win)
3rd: BRRT_Angel/65 pts.
4th: RacingAtHome/58 pts.
5th: OR-DIDACT/50 pts.
6th: kross_24/42 pts. (1 win)
7th: GTP_Crim/36 pts.
8th: nascarfan1400/36 pts.
9th: GTP_GTRacer22/35 pts.
10th: GTP_RACECAR/24 pts.
11th: Leadfoot530/20 pts.
1st: Genki Racing Project/77 pts.
2nd: CTR Motorsport/75 pts.
3rd: Black Rose Racing/65 pts.
4th: Wilson Racing/58 pts.
5th: Hallow Sport/50 pts.
6th: LTM Motorsport/42 pts.
7th: Scuderia Rabia Furiosa/36 pts.
8th: Razgriz Racing/36 pts.
9th: Okuma Motorsports/35 pts.
10th: Cat Devil Racing/24 pts.
11th: Dead Last Racing/20 pts.
1st: Honda/157 pts.
2nd: Chevrolet/122 pts.
Road America is this Saturday, which means things will go back to normal for a bit. Confirm if you can attend.
1: #7: BRRT_Angel (Host)
2: #5: The_Eh_Team_43 @Eh Team
3: #6: OR-DIDACT @DGTR
4: #9: Sassafrass_3 @Sassafrass_3
5: #10: nascarfan1400 @nascarfan1400
6: #11: GTP_Crim @DcrRaikkonen
7: #12: kross_24 @Kross24
8: #14: WeatherSystems @FireEmblem10
9: #19: RacingAtHome @jake2013guy
10: #22: GTP_GTRacer22 @GTRacer22
11: #98: GTP_RACECAR @RACECAR
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
Reserve: #3: LITTLEBLACKO932 @LITTLEBLACKO
Reserve: #20: Chadbaseball15 @Chad151515
Reserve: #21: FutureF1 @FutureF1
Reserve: #27: Soullock27 @Soullock27
Reserve: #61: Leadfoot530 @Leadfoot530

Also, going to be detailing a few things regarding a potential 2019 season...Let me start off by saying I want this series to continue. I love IndyCar, and when the racing is good here, it's been really good. But, attendance would need to be better for that to be the case. I would like to start averaging about 10 a race to feel comfortable about doing this next year. Currently we are averaging about 8-9. I plan on opening up tuning for the road and street course events next year, but ovals will remain stock tunes for the sake of keeping the racing closer together. Hopefully that helps to bring more people into VRR to compete in this without chasing off those that are already here. I would like to hear everyone's feedback, both from current competitors and those looking from the outside.

Last edited:
I'm coming. Even if this is my least favourite track.

On tunes, I wouldn't mind either way. I think it's actually been more exciting without the tunes and more accessible.

Now that my living situation is stable (which was my biggest concern), I can confirm. Hopefully, I'll have the wheel hooked up by the time it comes around.

I'm coming. Even if this is my least favourite track.

On tunes, I wouldn't mind either way. I think it's actually been more exciting without the tunes and more accessible.
The whole purpose of tuning being disabled was for it to be accessible. I'm trying to build up VRR's Project CARS community, and that felt like the best way to do it. But with attendance being very meh, I have to keep all the options on the table.

I'm always on a week-by-week basis. During winter I'm almost always avalible but work schedule from March through November never works out in my favor. Earlier start times would definetly benefit me, but likewise that would hurt others.

I'll be out for Road America, but I'd definitely like to get another race under my belt. Felt good to battle with others at Indy for once.

I will be there. I have a decision to make now though. Miss Watkins Glen for Watkins Glen (the 6 hours is the day after). I think I might go but I'll update when I confirm plans.

I’ll be in for Road America. Gonna miss Watkins Glen because of actual Watkins Glen. :P

Back