VRR TAG Heuer Endurance Championship [PS4]--Season Finale on April 14th at Interlagos

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,051 comments
(sorry for double post)
...and then my internet decided to act like it was 2012 again.

IMG_7043.GIF

Despite a abyssmal finish, that was my best race ever. Only four mistakes (as opposed to the countless ones at Bathurst) and I tried a strategy that worked. Self-Esteem temporarily restored 👍

Now if I can just push without looping it. Expecting some penalties as its hard to unlearn what I've been doing since the Closed beta last year (That and lap 1 happened, which distracted me from remembering something called a pit lane rule), but its not like I have a championship to fight for as I don't even have points and frankly, My finish is hardly a threat so any intention to make gains is pretty nullified by my non-existant skills.

(sorry for double post)
...and then my internet decided to act like it was 2012 again.

View attachment 711382

Had that happen twice in Qualifying, just gave up trying as I was just expecting to be disconnected afterwards.

Last edited:
If I could describe my race with 1 word, that would be "Humilation".

Not only because I made countless mistakes (which literally all ended in damage) but because there are pleeeeeenty of penalties to hand out and I definitely am of the people who will get penalised.

If I could describe my race with 1 word, that would be "Humilation".

Not only because I made countless mistakes (which literally all ended in damage) but because there are pleeeeeenty of penalties to hand out and I definitely am of the people who will get penalised.

When it comes to penalties I’m sure I’m down for some, but thems the rules. We all knew about them.

I can only say that there were times I nailed the legal line, times I used some kerb and quite possibly times where I fluffed up my line and took more than I should. There’s no explicit intention on my part to cut all the time because why would I bother to run a 62 lap race when I know it’d just be a DQ.

Not a horrible race for me. Managed to get around a few guys at the start and kept out of their mistakes. Porsche felt fine through the corners, but it was just eaten alive on the straights. Had three collisions with the wall at the exit of the bus stop, luckily only one resulted in damage. Figured I was far off from anybody else in room one thatit wouldn't hurt that much just to get it fixed.

Probably got a few penalties, but not nearly as many as others. Hopefully the weaknesses of the Porsche don't show at the Nurburgring.

Good recovery drive from the Turn 1 incident at the start. Likely racked up penalties from the bus stop. Choking when I was hunting down a potential win in AM made me really angry.

Had one guy ahead of me being mr. Tryhard into Bus Stop, tried to brake and dodge but they parked it on the apex of the exit, nowhere for me to go...

Next lap round after pitting for damage, I missed braking zone by 50m because I was still angry and distracted... pulled right due to cars on the way through and hit the touch pad only to end up pausing the game instead.

Somehow managed to exit the track entirely because I panicked trying to unpause again, which put finishing the race at all completely out of the equation...

I enjoyed this one. Stayed true to the tradition of damaging cause of nerves in the first laps unfortunately.

Wrecked it in the chicane and finished perpendicular on the track. (Thanks for the word Soul.) Storm had nowhere to go.

Had a fun race after that. Was as low as 10th. Great battles all around and fair play by the back-markers. Sure I missed a few tracklimits, but those were honest mistakes. Loved it.

Congrats to Soul for the amazing pace. Bring on the Nurb!

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Very curious what the time of day will be in the lobby for the N24 race. Will help a lot for the practices that are planned.

Very curious what the time of day will be in the lobby for the N24 race. Will help a lot for the practices that are planned.
As was said on Discord a few times, it's always been a night race.

Due to the whole track limits controversy at Dragon Trail, the race report won't be ready until after the race this weekend. Getting everything out of the system, there are a couple of things that I have to address. The rulebook has seen amendments to refine the penalties for track limit abuses as well as exemptions for some corner complexes that are either too narrow or otherwise difficult to navigate otherwise. The rules regarding track limits are posted below:
4.6. The racing surface is determined to be the asphalt/concrete which contains the racing line. Curbstones, rumble strips, sausage curbing, and astroturf do not count as part of the racing surface.
4.6.1. Penalties will be assessed based on if drivers gain an advantage by abusing track limits by either cutting the insides of corners or by using the outside boundaries on corners and corner exits.
4.6.2. Some corners will be given leniency to the ruling based on difficulty to adhere to the initial rule or how confined the track surface is in that specific corner.
4.6.2.1. Dragon Trail-Seaside--Turns 10-13 (Bus Stop) permits using the curbing as track surface.
4.6.2.2. Nurburgring GP Strecke--Turn 4 (Mercedes Arena Exit), turns 8-9 (Michael Schumacher S). turns 13-14 (NGK Schikane) permits using curbing as track surface.
4.6.2.3. Nurburgring 24H--Turn 2 (Yokohama S exit) permits ability to run wide.

Also, we'll be using yet another BoP, this time more community invested by those in our Discord. Filo, Zigen, Tetsu, and others have contributed their time into testing, so let's give it a shot.
Universal GT3 BoP proposal.PNG

Cars in black are cars that aren't available to this series, but have been tested for use in other VRR projects.

Finally, with Nurburgring being on Saturday, it's time to figure out who will and won't be showing up. Several have already said they won't be due to real life commitments, and with Nurb being such a long race I expect others to also not show up. But for those that can, please confirm such.
Race Lobby #1:
1: (Pro) #30: TNR_5zigen-Audi R8 LMS @TNR_5zigen
2: (Pro) #65: TNR_FILO-Audi R8 LMS @TNR_KING_FILO
3: (Pro) #9: GTP_Bambi-Mercedes AMG GT3 @Whitetail
4: (Pro) #118: Soullock27-Ferrari 458 Italia @Soullock27 (Host)
5: (Pro) #26: The_Noir_Antares-BMW M6 @Antares26
6: (Pro) #80: nascarfan1400-Porsche 911 RSR (991)
7: (Pro) #22: GTP_GTRacer22-Chevrolet Corvette C7
8: (Am) #54: TetsuKobura54-McLaren 650S @TetsuKobura
9: (Am) #57: GTP_Crim-McLaren 650S @DcrRaikkonen
10: (Am) #10: Street-King-07-Renault Sport R.S.01 @AudiMan2011
11: (Am) #56: amcdo122-Hyundai Genesis @amcdo122
12: (Am) #97: Leadfoot530-Porsche 911 RSR (991) @Leadfoot530
13: (Am) #24: OnE_JoKeR_-Aston Martin V12 Vantage @Sting
14: (Am) #13: Bulzack-Nissan GT-R NISMO @Motoceles
15: (Am) #33: introsp3ctive541-Honda NSX @introsp3ctive
16: (Am) #4: Oh_Bai-Hyundai Genesis @Oh Bai

Race Lobby #2:
1: (Pro) #81: BRRT_Angel-Mercedes AMG GT3 (Host)
2: (Pro) #48: Ax4xGearHead-Chevrolet Corvette C7 @Ax4xGearHead
3: (Pro) #61: WeatherSystems-Audi R8 LMS @FireEmblem10
4: (Pro) #28: Cobani-Lamborghini Huracan @Cobani
5: (Pro) #25: CrazyJohnIsHere-Lexus RC F @CrazyJohn
6: (Pro) #300: robertlm89-Audi R8 LMS @123yokomo
7: (Pro) #32: GTP_RACECAR-BMW M6 @RACECAR
8: (Am) #44: Y_bearr_-Lexus RC F @GTIC
9: (Am) #45: bigtexlpfan97-Dodge Viper SRT @Tex
10: (Am) #17: StormPacer-BMW M6 @Storm_SP17
11: (Am) #86: eDirtyTati-Dodge Viper SRT @eDirtyTati
12: (Am) #3: damianrutkowski9-Mercedes AMG-GT @Damianoo874
13: (Am) #202: BGT2011-Porsche 911 RSR (991) @BGT2011