Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Desp, it's faster without, but I like Guido more with the ballast. Without it's a bit like a skimming stone across the tarmac. Little hops from corner to corner resulting in a loss of grip towards the exit. That might be what you're feeling as understeer on your DS3. The understeer through corners is about the same regardless of the extra cement shoes on the passengers.

Last edited:
Desp, it's faster without, but I like Guido more with the ballast. Without it's a bit like a skimming stone across the tarmac. Little hops from corner to corner. That might be what you're feeling as understeer on your DS3. The understeer through corners is about the same regardless of the extra cement shoes on the passengers.
Got ya.:D

Thanks for the tests!👍👍

Got ya.:D

Thanks for the tests!👍👍

I'll have to pull Guido off share when I get finished with work and see if I can refine it a bit more. Was seriously exhausted yesterday when I tuned him. With the power and weight it should handle about the same as my "Pocket Monster".:D

Desp, it's faster without, but I like Guido more with the ballast. Without it's a bit like a skimming stone across the tarmac. Little hops from corner to corner resulting in a loss of grip towards the exit. That might be what you're feeling as understeer on your DS3. The understeer through corners is about the same regardless of the extra cement shoes on the passengers.

Woot woot!! My little Panda of Magic is in a tied 1st! :D I'm still faster around Trial Mountain…but as you removed the summary, I can't tell which one you liked more…

And Desperado, like the tunes to the OP already…

That's why I removed it. Neither can I. All I know is that the parrot is now making that lovely chaise in the corner of the garage even more comfortable. :dopey:

That's why I removed it. Neither can I. All I know is that the parrot is now making that lovely chaise in the corner of the garage even more comfortable. :dopey:

So…lemme get this straight…
Joint 1st Place- Me and Harvey
Best of the rest- Krenkme

Right?

Now, here are the keys to the Devil's Beetle, enjoy it (I hope), and give me the keys to your Celica GT-F in return. :D

Going to be another 4 hours or so before I can fix all the links. Sorry work is killing me tonight.:drool:

Will do, but tomorrow. Must. sleep. nowwww......zzzzzzzzzz
Same here…I haz school tomorrow, and it's 10:25 over here…nah, too early. 'night! But beware of the Guido…he was promised victory, but ended up having to cut his cup in half…he is disappoint. He does not like being disappoint…:scared:

Going to be another 4 hours or so before I can fix all the links. Sorry work is killing me tonight.:drool:

Ah go for it then, This is Harvey 'Wallbanger' Mcrae at the wheel! :lol:

THE PANDA SHOWDOWN

In no particular order -

krenkme

deep forest - 1:29.943
Trial Mountain - 1:41.609

The suspension set-up makes for a bit of a wild and bouncy ride, and there is a bit of understeer that can’t be accelerated away. I did run out of go on both tracks, but only right at the end of the longest straights. There’s a lot of work involved in the short gearing. A lot of fun though. krenkme seems to have tried to turn a lunchbox into a go kart, and by god he nearly succeeded.

Onboy123

Deep Forest - 1:29.484
Trial Mountain - 1:40.505

Onboy seems to have discovered the magic cure for FF understeer. There is none until you really start coasting through corners (and lets face it, there won’t be much of that with the Panda). There’s a lot of usable grip on a relatively smooth ride. The transmission is very user friendly as well.

XDesperado67 (original test and notes with the prescribed 98kg of ballast, times without in red)

Deep Forest - 1:29.578 1:29.012
Trial Mountain - 1:41.725 1:41.335

Understeer is prevalent in this one, and it seems to be killing the times at Trial. Its a pity, as the ride is overall better than the other two, and is more consistent. Very easy to fling at corners, rather than drive through, although the flip side is that it’s harder to point exactly where you need it to go for long complexes like the section after the first hairpin at Deep Forest. I even found a couple of short ‘drifts’ at Trial.

In summation.

The outlaws seem to have turned the parrots into a nice fluffy couch pillow. :sly:

Aren't you the Outlaws Test driver? I demand fairness!!!.....Just kidding great job 👍
(don't tel madmyk about the parrot, I need to get a new one before he's back :scared: )

So…lemme get this straight…
Joint 1st Place- Me and Harvey
Best of the rest- Krenkme

Right?

This ain't over!!!!... oh wait... it is :D
*walks away sulking*

Poor parrot never stood a chance. :(

Maybe next time? :dopey:

Hmm...tune a 4 seat coupe to rival the modern M3? We could have a weight limit, a power limit and 3 cars to choose from of something...

The Outlaw MotorsportsClueless Tunes Garage tunes:dopey:
Fiat Panda Super I.E. '90

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
My Little Panda: Tuning is Magic

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Fiat Panda Super I.E. '90 "Guido, Mafia HitBear"

Thanks so very much for the tunes! 👍 I only needed one, but now I have three great tunes to chose from. Great!

THE PANDA SHOWDOWN

In no particular order -

krenkme

deep forest - 1:29.943
Trial Mountain - 1:41.609

The suspension set-up makes for a bit of a wild and bouncy ride, and there is a bit of understeer that can’t be accelerated away. I did run out of go on both tracks, but only right at the end of the longest straights. There’s a lot of work involved in the short gearing. A lot of fun though. krenkme seems to have tried to turn a lunchbox into a go kart, and by god he nearly succeeded.

Onboy123

Deep Forest - 1:29.484
Trial Mountain - 1:40.505

Onboy seems to have discovered the magic cure for FF understeer. There is none until you really start coasting through corners (and lets face it, there won’t be much of that with the Panda). There’s a lot of usable grip on a relatively smooth ride. The transmission is very user friendly as well.

XDesperado67 (original test and notes with the prescribed 98kg of ballast, times without in red)

Deep Forest - 1:29.578 1:29.012
Trial Mountain - 1:41.725 1:41.335

Understeer is prevalent in this one, and it seems to be killing the times at Trial. Its a pity, as the ride is overall better than the other two, and is more consistent. Very easy to fling at corners, rather than drive through, although the flip side is that it’s harder to point exactly where you need it to go for long complexes like the section after the first hairpin at Deep Forest. I even found a couple of short ‘drifts’ at Trial.

In summation.

The outlaws seem to have turned the parrots into a nice fluffy couch pillow. :sly:

Very nice. If I can turn laps like that in these cars I'll surly win my series.

Thanks again guys.

@XDesparado67 - That intro was the best. Very cool:tup:

@frosty1 glad you liked the writeup, it was almost as fun to do as the car is to drive. Keep an eye on the tune for "Guido, Mafia HitBear" as I'll most likely make a few minor adjustments over the next couple of days.:D

Okay guys we had fun with the Panda Battle here, and the big F.I.T.T. events are great, so here's my idea.

I'm thinking of starting a new thread called "Tuner Wars". The idea is for stuff like this Panda Battle. One tuner or garage calls out another and they run a quick little down and dirty tune off. Sometimes it might be for requests like the Panda battle was. Sometimes it could be just whatever car/s grab a tuners attention. This wouldn't require the major planning the big F.I.T.T. events take and would be very quick to do. Also if we give it a separate thread of it's own, then others might be more likely to notice it and join in either with challenges of their own, or as participants. tris_73 did a great job testing on this but it would have been cool to have another tester or two (don't need shootout numbers of testers but getting more than one take on a tune is better.).

What do you all think about this idea?

Also for our next battle I propose a combination comparison/tune off between the Honda Beat Z and the Mazda AZ-1 Autozam. This is something krenkme and myself have talked about for some time but never actually gotten around to doing.:drool:

would you mind if i took that panda for a run around the blok , i'm intrested to see what i can do with it :P

Last edited:
@frosty1 glad you liked the writeup, it was almost as fun to do as the car is to drive. Keep an eye on the tune for "Guido, Mafia HitBear" as I'll most likely make a few minor adjustments over the next couple of days.:D

Okay guys we had fun with the Panda Battle here, and the big F.I.T.T. events are great, so here's my idea.

I'm thinking of starting a new thread called "Tuner Wars". The idea is for stuff like this Panda Battle. One tuner or garage calls out another and they run a quick little down and dirty tune off. Sometimes it might be for requests like the Panda battle was. Sometimes it could be just whatever car/s grab a tuners attention. This wouldn't require the major planning the big F.I.T.T. events take and would be very quick to do. Also if we give it a separate thread of it's own, then others might be more likely to notice it and join in either with challenges of their own, or as participants. tris_73 did a great job testing on this but it would have been cool to have another tester or two (don't need shootout numbers of testers but getting more than one take on a tune is better.).

Also for our next battle I propose a combination comparison/tune off between the Honda Beat Z and the Mazda AZ-1 Autozam. This is something krenkme and myself have talked about for some time but never actually gotten around to doing.:drool:

Don't know if I can show my face in the Cafe, I think those Pandas gave ME two black eyes :D......... any ways :dopey:

I like this Idea. This "battle" was very fun. Aside frome the big F.I.T.T. events this is a quick, fun, and a way to be involved with everyone from the forum. So on the part of Clueless Tunes, I think this is a great idea (just as long as those mean Outlaws leave me alone for awhile :scared: ) :dopey:

And maybe with a battle we can finaly get to tuning those MR kei cars 👍

Don't worry it was two on one and that Guido was itchin for a fight. I do admire the moxy shown waltzing into the cafe like that.:mischievous:

Last edited:
Hoy Onboy, I got the Sillycar up on share before leaving for work. Just in case you're pulling a sickie or something.

would you mind if i took that panda for a run around the blok , i'm intrested to see what i can do with it :P
Yea, go on then, make our victory an even larger one! :D

how about a GT-R battle :D :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: *head explodes*

-I need to clean my wounds in my own garage :( It was fun 👍
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!👎👎👎 :yuck::yuck:

Don't know if I can show my face in the Cafe, I think those Pandas gave ME two black eyes :D......... any ways :dopey:

I like this Idea. This "battle" was very fun. Aside frome the big F.I.T.T. events this is a quick, fun, and a way to be involved with everyone from the forum. So on the part of Clueless Tunes, I think this is a great idea (just as long as those mean Outlaws leave me alone for awhile :scared: ) :dopey:

And maybe with a battle we can finaly get to tuning those MR kei cars 👍

I think it's ok, as long as it's just for laughs. And I wonder what we should do next……hmmmm……I like my M3 rival one, but I want to just stick with 3 cars or so to get more variety…

And MR Kei cars, eh? Honda Beat vs Honda NSX-R on Tsukuba anyone?

Edit: I'm taking a leaf out of Clueless' book with this, but here's one of the next bunch of cars to be released...I like this tuning thing, I've decided!

Last edited:
One of these days, Onboy. One of these days.........

POW! Right in the kisser!

:)

come at me, bro. :D <-- whoops…I did it again! :D <--- and again…

And despy, could you change the tune like for my CTR2 for it to just say 'CTR2'?

Okay I've linked all the recent tunes except a certain green parrots...erh I mean pandas. I'll leave that link to krinkme.:D

And just in case you all don't have enough ways to kill your time already I've got a challenge for ya.👍👍:crazy:

First one to use the smileys to make a picture of a raindeer, like praiano's fish, gets the traidable car of their choice, 5 paints and 6 sets of gear.:bowdown:::gtpflag:

Okay I've linked all the recent tunes except a certain green parrots...erh I mean pandas. I'll leave that link to krinkme.:D

And just in case you all don't have enough ways to kill your time already I've got a challenge for ya.👍👍:crazy:

First one to use the smileys to make a picture of a raindeer, like praiano's fish, gets the traidable car of their choice, 5 paints and 6 sets of gear.:bowdown:::gtpflag:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i don't suppose its what you ment , but still :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i don't suppose its what you ment , but still :P
Sorry no its not what I meant.:lol:
Like the picture though.
If you look at praiano63's signature he has a fish he made with the various symbols. I am looking for a reindeer picture using the placement of the smiles to create it.

:gtpflag:
:lol: :lol:
:D :D :D
:odd::odd: :odd::odd:
:):) :) :):)
:yuck::yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck::yuck:
:cool::cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool::cool:
💡
:cheers::cheers:
Here's a Christmas tree for you to give you an idea.:D

Last edited:

It sounds like fun, and a real good idea. I'm interested in this 👍

Back