Want X2010 through B-Spec, what's my strategy from level 30 to 35? Enduro or remote?

  • Thread starter Thread starter belzebutt
  • 39 comments
  • 17,695 views
Messages
17
I looked through some of the FAQ's here but I would really appreciate some personalized advice if anyone's willing.

My goal is to get the X2010 and I'm currently at level 27 A-Spec, level 29 B-Spec. I don't have that much time to race myself so I've been leveling up my B-Spec by continuously running one driver in the highest available endurance race (up to now Indy 500).

My understanding is that at level 30 the X2010 will be available for me to buy, correct? However since it costs $20 million to buy and I have $8 million right now I don't expect to be able to buy it. I read somewhere that at B-Spec level 35 I will get the X2010 for free automatically, is that also true?

That's kind of the assumption I've been going with so I'd like to know what the fastest way to keep leveling up B-Spec from 30 to 35 is. Should I run the highest level endurance race continuously, or should I run remote B-Spec mode? It seems like endurance races have very big payoffs, and I'm wondering at what point it starts paying off more to just set those endurance races before going to work vs. running remote B-Spec?
 
Belzebutt,
Far from being an expert, I'm currently level 33 B-Spec, it is well documented on these forums that you will indeed obtain an X2010 when you achieve B-Spec lvl 35.
I am now running the 9-Hour Endurance to that goal.
Check out the numbers (efficiency in experience points per minute) that this guy worked up:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140723
Keep on grinding,
Kaffeine
 
I would prefer using remote racing to level up from 30 to 35, using the short timed events to rack up money and XP.
 
I looked through some of the FAQ's here but I would really appreciate some personalized advice if anyone's willing.

My goal is to get the X2010 and I'm currently at level 27 A-Spec, level 29 B-Spec. I don't have that much time to race myself so I've been leveling up my B-Spec by continuously running one driver in the highest available endurance race (up to now Indy 500).

My understanding is that at level 30 the X2010 will be available for me to buy, correct? However since it costs $20 million to buy and I have $8 million right now I don't expect to be able to buy it. I read somewhere that at B-Spec level 35 I will get the X2010 for free automatically, is that also true?

That's kind of the assumption I've been going with so I'd like to know what the fastest way to keep leveling up B-Spec from 30 to 35 is. Should I run the highest level endurance race continuously, or should I run remote B-Spec mode? It seems like endurance races have very big payoffs, and I'm wondering at what point it starts paying off more to just set those endurance races before going to work vs. running remote B-Spec?

Its a level 40 car, not 30. You get it for free for making level 35, which is pretty easy if you can do the hardest enduro's frequently.

Remote racing doesnt gain the XP you need anywhere near as fast as the enduros from my own experience.

But what is even easier, is getting the X2010 through the Vettel challenge. They've lowered the bronze time so it is much easier to get now. I was able to get it in with about 2-3 attempts per track with the DS3 controller.
 
For this very reason I made the USB auto grind device which did it for me. I would not have gone through it manually.
 
Belzebutt,
Far from being an expert, I'm currently level 33 B-Spec, it is well documented on these forums that you will indeed obtain an X2010 when you achieve B-Spec lvl 35.
I am now running the 9-Hour Endurance to that goal.
Check out the numbers (efficiency in experience points per minute) that this guy worked up:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140723
Keep on grinding,
Kaffeine

I was able to participate in the Vettel challenge and got my X2010 when my B-spec reached level 30. I have the car and my B-spec isn't yet at level 35. Says who that it's at 35?
 
dannyg77
I was able to participate in the Vettel challenge and got my X2010 when my B-spec reached level 30. I have the car and my B-spec isn't yet at level 35. Says who that it's at 35?

You got it through the Vettel challenge. You can get it without touching the Vettel challenge by leveling up to 35 in B-Spec. Those challenges are difficult with a DS3. I'm just running endurance races non-stop. Level 33 so far.
 
There are 3 ways to get an X1 in-game without trading.
L30 - vettel challenge, there are 3 separate X1s to be won here 1 for all bronze, 1 for all silver & 1 for all gold
L35 B-Spec - gift ticket for a free X1 just for reaching this level
L40 - an X1 becomes available to purchase in dealership for £20m
 
If you have lots of friends who will race your guys then it will only help you more. But enduros are the way to go. Remote racing yourself won't help you, it's when other people race your guys that the benefit is maximized.
 
I just grinded dream car champ while awake, and nurburgring while asleep. Took me about a week or so to get there.
 
Took me about 100 hours of non-stop endurance racing plus a handful of XP from leaving some bobs online for remote racing to go from level 25 to level 35.

I started from level 25 at about 10 am Friday morning and should be at level 35 at around 145 this afternoon. During this time, B-Spec has been running nonstop, almost 24 hours per day. Bob got a break between about 4-7 am because I was still asleep, but once I got the 9 hour race, he was driving the entire time.

So, it took me 6 days of remote racing only to go from level 0 to level 25. It's taken slightly more than 4 days of endless endurance racing to go from level 25 to level 35. I'm not even going to try for level 40 because I want my PS3 back from bob! If I get there someday it won't be from grinding (which means I doubt that I'll ever get there).
 
OK problem solved, I got to B-Spec level 30, did the Vettel challenge and 1 hour later I had the X2010. Also at the same time a buddy sent me the carbon version so I have two.

Question: why does the car he gifted me have more hp than the car I won, despite having more km and less PP? Do the three versions of the car have slightly different amounts of hp? His is used so I would have expected it to have less hp.
 
OK problem solved, I got to B-Spec level 30, did the Vettel challenge and 1 hour later I had the X2010. Also at the same time a buddy sent me the carbon version so I have two.

Question: why does the car he gifted me have more hp than the car I won, despite having more km and less PP? Do the three versions of the car have slightly different amounts of hp? His is used so I would have expected it to have less hp.

As cars get 'seasoned' they increase in HP. They then decrease in HP as you place more miles on them. Imagine a graph showing the function of HP versus mileage and you will see a rise then a fall. Fall too much and you need to overhaul the engine. HP also varies a little bit with use. You will see a rise a few points in HP after you take a car with clean oil for a couple of laps. Try it and see.
 
Took me about 100 hours of non-stop endurance racing plus a handful of XP from leaving some bobs online for remote racing to go from level 25 to level 35.

I started from level 25 at about 10 am Friday morning and should be at level 35 at around 145 this afternoon. During this time, B-Spec has been running nonstop, almost 24 hours per day. Bob got a break between about 4-7 am because I was still asleep, but once I got the 9 hour race, he was driving the entire time.

So, it took me 6 days of remote racing only to go from level 0 to level 25. It's taken slightly more than 4 days of endless endurance racing to go from level 25 to level 35. I'm not even going to try for level 40 because I want my PS3 back from bob! If I get there someday it won't be from grinding (which means I doubt that I'll ever get there).

Dig...that is where I figure I'll settle. Honestly, it's a great spot. My real goal is beat a buddy of mine straight up, without HP advantage. So I need to improve my driving, thus actually play the game. I love B Spec, but 35 will work for me.
 
There are 3 ways to get an X1 in-game without trading.
L30 - vettel challenge, there are 3 separate X1s to be won here 1 for all bronze, 1 for all silver & 1 for all gold
L35 B-Spec - gift ticket for a free X1 just for reaching this level
L40 - an X1 becomes available to purchase in dealership for £20m


L35 Bspec - do you get the x2010 in any colour/model? backup advised? just in case we get the s.vettel version again.. cuz i wouldn't want two same x2010's sitting in my garage

thanks...
 
cookieee
L35 Bspec - do you get the x2010 in any colour/model? backup advised? just in case we get the s.vettel version again.. cuz i wouldn't want two same x2010's sitting in my garage

thanks...

No it's just a single version. You'll get the same every time. Can't remember the exact version (not by ps3 right now) but think it's called some thing like red bull X1 2010
 
No it's just a single version. You'll get the same every time. Can't remember the exact version (not by ps3 right now) but think it's called some thing like red bull X1 2010

so i guess it's not the same as the one you'll get for bronzing the vettel challenge right?
 
so i guess it's not the same as the one you'll get for bronzing the vettel challenge right?

incorrect, you get the vettel version.

I got the vettel version from the bspec level 35 ticket (currently at 41,000 miles) and also the vettel challenge bronze(which is perma "share with friends" @ 0 miles).
 
so everyone will be shafted with 2 exact same x2010 (s.vettel version)?! one from vettel challenge bronze and one from lv35 bspec?

only way to get a different one would be to silver or gold the challeng then? (without trading for one)
 
so everyone will be shafted with 2 exact same x2010 (s.vettel version)?! one from vettel challenge bronze and one from lv35 bspec?

only way to get a different one would be to silver or gold the challeng then? (without trading for one)
or buy one at 40
 
Each method has its advantages and disadvantages:

With remote racing each bob independently earns XP that adds to your B-spec level. So if you've got 6 bobs racing remotely, the XP accumulates nicely. A pool of friends (or the B-spec grinding app) can race your bobs with little or no interaction from you, 24/7.

Endurance races are more reliable in that it's not dependent of an internet connection or the remote-racing server status. But, the big XP payouts only really come with the higher level endurance races.
 
It does suck and it happened to me. I just got my ticket for the second X2010 and it was the exact same one I got for beating the Vettel challenge at the Bronze level. Some game designer had a f%$^ing brain fart on this one.
 
It does suck and it happened to me. I just got my ticket for the second X2010 and it was the exact same one I got for beating the Vettel challenge at the Bronze level. Some game designer had a f%$^ing brain fart on this one.

If you have a backup of your save before you used the ticket, you can reload that save and open the ticket again, and repeat until you get the one you want. Same way people trying to get chrome colors 👍
 
If you have a backup of your save before you used the ticket, you can reload that save and open the ticket again, and repeat until you get the one you want. Same way people trying to get chrome colors 👍


Terrible advice. The ticket is for the Vettel, you will only get the Vettel. Just like if you have a ticket for a plain GT-R, you will not magically get a race GT-R.

See here for the tickets awarded:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134047
 
I don't think it was a mistake on the designer's part, but intentionally done i.e. for people who can't/won't do the Vettel challenge, they can get it via B-Spec, and on the flipside for people who don't want to touch B-Spec, they go the Vettel challenge route.
 
Terrible advice. The ticket is for the Vettel, you will only get the Vettel. Just like if you have a ticket for a plain GT-R, you will not magically get a race GT-R.

See here for the tickets awarded:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134047

sorry, I see where I went wrong now, I thought the ticket was for any possible X2010 colo, as if it you're buying from the new car dealership, not the specific Red Bull one.
 
It's available for purchase at level 30, not 40. I got to 30 the other day and it appeared in the new car dealership.
 
It's available for purchase at level 30, not 40. I got to 30 the other day and it appeared in the new car dealership.

You can see it at 30, you have to be 40 to buy it.
 
incorrect, you get the vettel version.

I got the vettel version from the bspec level 35 ticket (currently at 41,000 miles) and also the vettel challenge bronze(which is perma "share with friends" @ 0 miles).

Oh so when you share a car with friends they don't put mileage on it? LOL I shared my used one because I wanted to keep my legit one at 0 km.
 
Back