Wanted: DC2 Integra Type R tune

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 36 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Looked around a bit and couldn't find anything that worked for me. Trying to build a replica of Ben Rushworth's DC2 Integra that runs in Class A of the 750MC Hot Hatch series in the UK. Car makes around 270hp and by my calculations weighs around 2292lbs (1040kg). He can run a high 51 second lap at Brand Hatch Indy and I have managed to get it into the 52's but it takes some patience to deal with the corner exit understeer and wheel spin on Sport Soft tires. Hoping someone can breath some life into it and shave another second off.

Anyone want to take a stab at it?

A GT Sport race/time-attack tune for the 1998 Integra Type R at Brands Hatch Indy? I'll give it a try. You want it on Sport Soft tires?
Yes sir. His car still runs a treaded tire. I tried with RH tires just to see and although it's much better, makes the car too fast.

Best I've done so far with my work-in-progress tune is 0:52.923.

I think the gears need extra attention: I haven't yet found a sweet spot where I feel like I'm in the best gear(s) through Druids & Graham Hill.

I'll keep making tweaks aiming to crack into the 51's.

Best I've done so far with my work-in-progress tune is 0:52.923.

I think the gears need extra attention: I haven't yet found a sweet spot where I feel like I'm in the best gear(s) through Druids & Graham Hill.

I'll keep making tweaks aiming to crack into the 51's.
I pretty much have the gearing set to about what he uses, super short with the car topping out around 120 mph.
A guy made me a wicked tune for the Integra a while back, I’ll see if I can dig it up for you tonight after work. :)

Edit: Found it. :) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/integra-type-r-dc2-n200-tuned-set-up.385517/
Will try tonight.

I pretty much have the gearing set to about what he uses, super short with the car topping out around 120 mph.

Will try tonight.

You may have to tweek it a bit to your personal preference but it’s an awesome overall tune, the understeer is nearly gone and it handles great. :)

This isn't working for me. Actually lost time on the settings I had before. Corner exit understeer from acceleration is the main issue I am trying to address, and the diff settings to me make it feel like it has an open diff.
Pick the most important corner exit spot and tune the diff so it's spinning (like an open diff) and lock it up bit by bit, eventually it will stop spinning the inside wheel, and that will be the sweet spot :D

This isn't working for me. Actually lost time on the settings I had before. Corner exit understeer from acceleration is the main issue I am trying to address, and the diff settings to me make it feel like it has an open diff.

Crap, sorry about that man. :cheers:

This is the on-board video I used to try to somewhat match the gearing:

0:52.797 is my best lap so far. I'm not having an easy time getting this car to go fast or feel great to me. :) I have to brake early & accelerate late for every turn.

I know setups are highly dependent on individual preferences & driving styles, so it won't hurt my feelings if you hate this one. I make no claims that anything about this tune is "objectively good." I'm not saying any of these settings "make sense" according to any real-world mechanical principles. I'm only saying: out of what I've tried so far (and I haven't tried everything), and given the parameters you set (HP, weight, & tires), these are the settings that felt better to me on this track than other settings I tried, and these are the settings that resulted in my fastest laps. Your mileage may vary. Maybe there are pieces of this you can use; maybe not.

power level: 2
weight reduction level: 1
power %: 136 (270 HP)
weight %: 96 (2,284 lbs.)
traction control: 0
tires: SS
brake balance: -5F
ride height in. F/R: 4.02/4.72
natural frequency Hz F/R: 2.20/1.50
anti-roll bars F/R: 6/10
damping compression % F/R: 58/67
damping rebound % F/R: 88/88
camber F/R: 2.0/1.0
toe F/R: 0/0
diff. initial/accel/braking: 5/25/5
transmission: custom
top speed (auto set) MPH: 112 (set this 1st, after selecting custom gearbox from default manual)
final gear: 3.775 (set this after setting top-speed auto-set)

(Edit/note: I never shift below 3rd gear with this setup at this track. I run manual transmission, ABS on default, ASM off, & CSA off.)

It'll take more time and/or a better tuner than me and/or a faster driver than me to pull a 51.x out of this car at this track. :)

Last edited:
I wanna give this combo a try tonight now, maybe I can improve the tune I had. :)

👍 Please share your findings here - after putting some time into it, I've grown quite curious about how to squeeze faster laps out of this car at this track. :D

This is the on-board video I used to try to somewhat match the gearing:

0:52.797 is my best lap so far. I'm not having an easy time getting this car to go fast or feel great to me. :) I have to brake early & accelerate late for every turn.

I know setups are highly dependent on individual preferences & driving styles, so it won't hurt my feelings if you hate this one. I'm not saying anything about this tune is "objectively good." I'm not saying any of these settings "make sense" according to any real-world mechanical principles. I'm only saying, out of what I've tried so far (and I haven't tried everything), and given the parameters you set (HP, weight, & tires), these are the settings that felt better to me on this track than other settings I tried, and these are the settings that resulted in my fastest laps. Your mileage may vary. Maybe there are pieces of this you can use; maybe not.

power level: 2
weight reduction level: 1
power %: 136 (270 HP)
weight %: 96 (2,284 lbs.)
traction control: 0
tires: SS
brake balance: -5F
ride height in. F/R: 4.02/4.72
natural frequency Hz F/R: 2.20/1.50
anti-roll bars F/R: 6/10
damping compression % F/R: 58/67
damping rebound % F/R: 88/88
camber F/R: 2.0/1.0
toe F/R: 0/0
diff. initial/accel/braking: 5/25/5
transmission: custom
top speed (auto set) MPH: 112 (set this 1st, after selecting custom gearbox from default manual)
final gear: 3.775 (set this after setting top-speed auto-set)

(Edit/note: I never shift below 3rd gear with this setup at this track.)

It'll take more time and/or a better tuner than me and/or a faster driver than me to pull a 51.x out of this car at this track. :)

I love your setup for this car for this track :cheers:, and my time below using a wheel and the same settings as you posted but I was using Auto, because I can not drive using a Manual.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2019-09-11 09-31-00.png

I love your setup for this car for this track :cheers:, and my time below using a wheel and the same settings as you posted but I was using Auto, because I can not drive using a Manual.
View attachment 849946

Hey thanks so much for taking the time to try it out and for leaving such friendly feedback! :cheers:

This setup feels better to me at this track than the default/stock setup, and I can get faster laps at this track in this setup compared to my lap times in the default/stock setup, but I just wish I could get the setup to hit the lap times R1600Turbo was hoping for.

Hey thanks so much for taking the time to try it out and for leaving such friendly feedback! :cheers:

This setup feels better to me at this track than the default/stock setup, and I can get faster laps at this track in this setup compared to my lap times in the default/stock setup, but I just wish I could get the setup to hit the lap times R1600Turbo was hoping for.
No problem 👍. Perhaps only changing the gearbox on your wonderful setup, may get you in the low 52s.

but I just wish I could get the setup to hit the lap times R1600Turbo was hoping for.
The setup was about equal in speed to what I was running previously, though the car did feel better, you could use the brakes to help point the noise in the direction you want it to go. I did end up using my gearing though. Best I could muster was a 52.555. Here's a casual replay from that lap: (don't mind the half finished livery, custom stickers still a WIP)

My only issue is how the car looks in the replays with soft suspension. :P

No problem 👍. Perhaps only changing the gearbox on your wonderful setup, may get you in the low 52s.

Yeah, I wondered that too, but since R1600Turbo specified the goal is a replica of Ben Rushworth's Integra, I attempted to setup the transmission so that the car would be in the same gears at approximately the same points around the track as the real car was in the Rushworth's on-board video from Brands Hatch Indy. Maybe I didn't get the gears lined up precisely enough to the real car.

The setup was about equal in speed to what I was running previously, though the car did feel better, you could use the brakes to help point the noise in the direction you want it to go. I did end up using my gearing though. Best I could muster was a 52.555. Here's a casual replay from that lap: (don't mind the half finished livery, custom stickers still a WIP)

My only issue is how the car looks in the replays with soft suspension. :P

I was initially running stiffer suspension, but the car seemed to get through the turns slightly easier & faster for me when I softened some things up a bit.

I'd like to try your gearing if you'd like to share it. Maybe by combining bits & pieces from everybody's different attempts at this setup, we can come up with some kind of Frankenstein winner. :)

Yeah, I wondered that too, but since R1600Turbo specified the goal is a replica of Ben Rushworth's Integra, I attempted to setup the transmission so that the car would be in the same gears at approximately the same points around the track as the real car was in the Rushworth's on-board video from Brands Hatch Indy. Maybe I didn't get the gears lined up precisely enough to the real car.
I think I could get in the 51s using your setup, if I could use manual because manual if faster than using auto is that right ?.

I tweaked that setup I had and have got it down to a 52.681 so far, I think I can get it slightly under a 52.5 as is with more laps. Gonna do a few more with this one and then I’m gonna try @oper8or ’s tune next. :)

Edit: Yeah, 52.644 was the best I could do with that tweaked tune. I had a couple tenths on it a few times but kept losing it back.

Edit 2: Nice tune @oper8or :cheers: Down to a 52.609 with it, Optimal is .519 so far, only 5 laps in. :)

Edit 3: Optimal is now 52.302

Last edited:
I tweaked @oper8or ’s tune slightly and scored a 52.384, Optimal is into the .2’s now. A perfect lap will drop into the 51’s, I’m sure of of it.

The Lap

The Tune

I didn’t change much, just slightly tweaked a couple of things. I did use BB+3 instead of -5 though. :)

Last edited:
I tweaked @oper8or ’s time slightly and scored a 52.384, Optimal is into the .2’s now. A perfect lap will drop into the 51’s, I’m sure of of it.

The Lap

The Tune

I didn’t change much, just slightly tweaked a couple of things. I did use BB+3 instead of -5 though. :)

Watching your video of your lap is very nice Pigems :cheers:. A better Gearbox you would get in the 51s I think.

Watching your video of your lap is very nice Pigems :cheers:. A better Gearbox you would get in the 51s I think.

Thanks man. :cheers: It’s a really fun combo, I must have done 40 or 50 laps tonight. There’s a line around T3 somewhere where you can stay in 4th and it’s worth about a tenth by the next corner, but I only found it once lol. Same with the last corner, there’s at least a tenth and a half left from there to the line. I don’t know enough about the tuning side of things to really mess with much other then slight tweaks to existing tunes. I’d happily try again if someone that knows what they’re doing wants to tinker with the gearbox. :)

Back