War of the Worlds! Fuji 800PP - xx:00 / :30

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 197 comments
It looks like Southern Cross Racing will be running here within the next few hours. So see you all out there!đź‘Ť

Any tunes for the Vette?

I'm having a blast driving with the TLD tune. There was some epic racing going on earlier today, full grids of mature racers, really great stuff. I'll be back in at :30 and will be racing all night. :)

I never thought anything could surpass 750 PP Suzuka.
Well, needless to say, 800 PP Suzuka has, and it is EPIC!

Thanks to EL_ZISSOU, rmk700, EERS4YEARS and many others for some
great racing tonight :cheers:

This is going to be a great month of racing :)

Nights600.jpg

got down to a 1'52.4** with Ford GTLM, but its an absolute handful to control!

Yeah, it is probely the fastest for this event. But to do 10 good laps is pretty hard.
I prefer the Amuse over the Vette, handling wise. I running the same times more or less with them.

Some very very enjoyable racing tonight on and off schedule with DukeOfPendle, KOR_Dark_Knight, Oldnail and Timeattack đź‘Ť

Sorry to Amar212 and GTro_SutilMomia for trying to get out of your way tonight and instead blocking you :( None of that was intentional.

All the best
Maz

Yes, some good racing yesterday, I'm still not anywhere near consistent enough at Suzuka though and always go off a number of times over ten laps!

:S, I am stuck above the track just after the chicane from the start of the race I can't see my own car, but I do see other cars passing sometimes.

Sorry to Amar212 and GTro_SutilMomia for trying to get out of your way tonight and instead blocking you :( None of that was intentional.

No probs Maz, I didn't have right setup for the Vette so I wasn't competitive anyhow đź‘Ť

:S, I am stuck above the track just after the chicane from the start of the race I can't see my own car, but I do see other cars passing sometimes.

LOL!!! Same thing happened to me, right after the Hairpin. Others said they couldnt see my car. I wouldnt have minded it if I had a better POV of the race. Also, one guy was using the Mine's skyline, it souds so freaking awesome.

Does anyone else think they gave us this race so we will be ready for the Le Mans class cars in GT5?

Had some great races again today with the likes of Hugo and Timeattack. Always a pleasure guys :cheers:

Back for more punishment tomorrow.

All the best
Maz

Thanks to GTP_Toivonen, GTP_CarlPKY, GTP_RussRobit, IRT_hordeR35 and Knilch-GTLMsquad for some fantastic racing this afternoon. :cheers: guys!

Thanks to you too Nicko đź‘Ť as well as so many others: EL_ZISSOU, Hyperspeed, Animera, DK, Knilch, EERS4YEARS, etc. for another awesome day of racing. It doesn't get any better than this, for me at least :cheers: Loads of fun :)

Will do some testing with my tuned viper ;) 1.54.257 so far, not quite happy with my tune (FAK's 750pp tune with some tweaks) its a good base tune but I cant get it right for 800pp :ouch:

Im in xx00 đź‘Ť

Some excellent racing with Hyperspeed, Zabeu, mr_Volcano, Timeattack, PureGT_MooseJaw today.

I spent a lot of time in free run for the WRS combo this week (800PP Vette at Suz) but the few races I did were thoroughly enjoyable. I'm still not convinced it's better than 750PP though.

All the best
Maz

Just finished up an absolutley awesome battle between MAY, D-K, and myself...it was one of the most intense and enjoyable races I've had in quite some time. Thanks guys đź‘Ť

I'd also like to thank all of those who I had the pleasure of racing today as well...even if it was only for a couple of laps :cheers: Synwraith, Zissou, Volcano, Animera, PureGT_MooseJaw...to name a few (sorry if I forgot your name! :dunce:) See ya guys on the track :)

I had a nice few races this afternoon, then I kept fiddling around with my set up, which turned out to be a pretty bad idea. I'll be back for more, that's for sure, I haven't done some serious GT5: Prologue-ing in a while and it's about time I do!

lots of good races yesterday with carl, TA, DK, MAY, alexi, russ, and many others- thank you! :cheers:

sorry i was not very consistent, was trying out the s2k and found it to be quite a handful. i will try and spend some time in free run to get it under control. i remember one race i lost it approaching the chicane and ended up with my nose on the wall- i tried to just blip reverse for a second to get it pointed away from the wall and then proceed on the grass, but my shifter stuck itself in reverse and i ended up doing a semi-circle on the track as 8 cars went by (or should i say, went through me) at about 100mph. oopsie :embarrassed:

carl, i notice it says d2 gold in your sig- is that a typo? do they switch the "1" key with the "2" key down there in kentucka? :)

yep... some amazing races with all of you... started it with the vette but finished it with the S2K... cause besides faster its too much fun to drive đź‘Ť i said to DK that low 1'52 couldnt be possible with my tune but at the end of the day it was... 1'52.322 :D but still not get into 18's overall :ouch:

great event.. lots of fun :cheers:

It still bugs me that I am so far off the pace in these high PP races. I'm about 1-1,5 seconds slowe per lap than my peers in Div 2 Silver doing high 1'54s at the very best. Just don't understand where that time can be found.

It still bugs me that I am so far off the pace in these high PP races. I'm about 1-1,5 seconds slowe per lap than my peers in Div 2 Silver doing high 1'54s at the very best. Just don't understand where that time can be found.

Who in D2 silver is 1.5 seconds faster than your high 54s? Mr_V for example is D1 and is running mid 53s in the Viper. It also really depends on the car you're using. It seems S2K > Vette > Viper much more significantly than at 750PP. Just checked this thread, GTP_CICO also D2 silver has a 1'54.6 or something in the Amuse, that's not way ahead of you mate đź‘Ť

All the best
Maz

Well Paulie's doing mid 53s in the Vette. But then again, he's in the wrong class.

Edit: My fastest times are done with the S2000. Haven't even tried the Viper yet but I'm almost half a second slower with the Corvette.

Back