Warning for potential buyers of GT4-Prologue (PAL-version)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Buggy Boy
  • 71 comments
  • 4,373 views
Originally posted by cubits
Two crap methods of controlling a car.

That would be "Two crap methods of controlling a computer 'simulation' of a car.".
 
vat_man
You're not referring to the ol' Negcon, are you?
namco_negcon2.jpg


Mate of mine had one of those - I could never come to terms with which way was right or left.

I loved this controller. I think you could use it in the first GT. Actually it's been a long time and correct me if I am wrong but I swear I remember plugging my negcon into the port and the game recognized it for what it was and showed a picture of it on screen to make adjustments. (and no it wasn't ridge racer for which it was designed) If you don't use a wheel like most of us I think this still beats the pants off anything else and I hope it is supported in GT4, although it was not in GT3.

just my thought
 
There is a large probability that the analog sticks can NOT be used to control the cars.

It is also very probable that the Momo Force Steering wheel is NOT compatible with the game.

This is based on information from Japanese GT4-users.

This is also a request to Sony ...
what crap are u talking about!?...on GT4P u CAN use the analog sticks( i drive with them!!!)and it´s on the back of the game cover that says "COMPATIBLE WITH LOGITECH DRIVING FORCE PRO AND GT FORCE"......so that means that this game is NOT working with ANYother steering wheel (cuz there´s NO script on the back-cover that" this game is compatible with ALL USB-steering wheels")
...so don´t tell that crap, man, without analog?...where do we live?
 
GT-One Lover
what crap are u talking about!?...on GT4P u CAN use the analog sticks( i drive with them!!!)and it´s on the back of the game cover that says "COMPATIBLE WITH LOGITECH DRIVING FORCE PRO AND GT FORCE"......so that means that this game is NOT working with ANYother steering wheel (cuz there´s NO script on the back-cover that" this game is compatible with ALL USB-steering wheels")
...so don´t tell that crap, man, without analog?...where do we live?

Ehmmm, excuse me, if you took the time to read the date of the first post, you would see that the thread started end of March! So, a few months before the release.

I would lower your tone , because Buggy Boy has given us a lot of detailed information on Prologue, the cars & steering wheel information.

and he lives in Belgium
 
Famine
Human biology - your fingertips are far more sensitive to pressure than almost any other part of the body (they nearly outrank the clitoris in terms of nerve endings). By using your fingertips to control pressure and movement you have a far higher sensitivity than using your finger extensor/flexor muscles to move the sticks.

Besides, it's not the travel on the D-pad buttons. It's the pressure - increase the pressure and you increase the response.
lmao he said clitoris on a game forum! :lol:
I use analog-----when im playing the game. GT3 is the game that actually got me into using the analog instead of the D-pad. The first time I had to do the license test on water in that circle I found the analog more useful. IMO
As for the analog in GT4 Prologue. I have Pal and Japanese. I know the Japanese doesnt have the analog but the Pal does.
 
Famine
The D-pad is actually slightly more sensitive than the analogue sticks.

. My chosen profession so far has hinged on sensitive fingers,

(IMO) :D

I didn't know you are a burglar using his fingers sensitivity for safecracking or maybe a proctologist :)
 
k2racer
Ehmmm, excuse me, if you took the time to read the date of the first post, you would see that the thread started end of March! So, a few months before the release.

I would lower your tone , because Buggy Boy has given us a lot of detailed information on Prologue, the cars & steering wheel information.

and he lives in Belgium
Thanks for replying k2racer. I wouldn't have noticed his post, as "GT one lover" is on my ignore list since a while :)
 
Buggy Boy
Thanks for replying k2racer. I wouldn't have noticed his post, as "GT one lover" is on my ignore list since a while :)
I love the ignore list. I have about 15 people on it. This is the first forum I ever went to where I had to use the ignore list. :)
 
CAMAROBOY69
I love the ignore list. I have about 15 people on it. This is the first forum I ever went to where I had to use the ignore list. :)
You beat me, I only have 5 winners selected. :)
 
If I see someone posting unuseful remarks over and over again or useless information I just add them to my ingnore list. Even if I am in someone elses thread. That way I know pretty much whatever they will say will be negative or useless. I haven't had to add anyone in quite a while. I just checked and I have 11 people not 15. I used to have 15 but some of those people got banned so I deleted their names. :dopey:
 
Buggy Boy
There is a large probability that the analog sticks can NOT be used to control the cars.

It is also very probable that the Momo Force Steering wheel is NOT compatible with the game.

This is based on information from Japanese GT4-users.

This is also a request to Sony ... :irked:

---
Edit 29 Nov 04 : this thread was started before the launch of PAL Prologue. Only in the NTSC/J versions of Prologue the right analogue stick can not be used for throttle/brake.
PD cured it for PAL Prologue [thanks Sony & PD!].


What's the problem. The Logitech Driving Force Pro works, so i don't need the Momo to work. And are you driving with the analog stick :sick: Driving with the stick sucks. So no problem at all....
 
Ja, maar dat jij zo'n fantastische kerel bent, daar kon ik toch niet aan denken toen. Proficiat met jezelf!
 
Back