Watch a GT Academy Finalist Play Gran Turismo Sport

It is very nice to see a good driver on an off screen recording at last:D, he over took those cars with ease and looks like he put it on the hardest setting, Will the AI get much more difficult before release or does he just make it look easy?:sly:

The graphics and menus look much more polished in this build and the sound was a nice deep bassy engine note for the M4 ...coming along just fine.... I wonder how far they are now on the Build 85-90%? It will also be interesting to see if they add any more cars or detail any more career expansion packs/tracks with the new release date as they have had more time.

It will be a day one buy/pre-order for me this game and the delay hasn't put me off and I am pleased it has improved so much in 6 months.

The graphics, arcade mode and photo mode/Scapes and VR alone will be worth my money. This will fit in nicely for me between Forza6, AC, DiRT Rally and DriveClub. I will play it to enjoy it as a fun good looking game on the wheel/DS4 as I really like the way the cars handle in GT6 so from what I read there are slight improvements so this will suit my style of driving. I wish they would just release it now!

Let's hope this time Arcade Mode has all cars and doesn't require immense grinding to get them. Also, anyone note the "Heavy Wet" tires? Indication of plans for rain, possibly?

I think a lot of people think GT is behind the competition when it comes to sound but personally think their approach puts them ahead. It will be great if they make another step up for release compared to how it is currently, they seem to be getting closer to reality.

Personally, I'm very satisfied with sounds. Just a little more pronounced for mechanical noise as shift and it will be perfect :)

Personally, I'm very satisfied with sounds. Just a little more pronounced for mechanical noise as shift and it will be perfect :)
The cars that have been updated sound closer to real thing, probably quite a number that are still placeholder level. I think there are still number of missing sounds though they need to recreate, exhaust sounds seems main area lacking and will in my opinion make the biggest difference.

Listening using good quality speakers from direct source is important too to hear fully the sounds so look forward to release. Hopefully they do demonstration like graphics when they are at a level they are happy with.

I had a look now to see if I've got clips of how such a car might sound recording with decent phone mics (BlackBerry Passport), uploaded following short clip.

The menu Car showroom has seen some changes, check the Floor and the background as well as the lightning. Looking good.
GTPCup2_zpsfcizsva0.jpg
May 21st

GTPCup1_zpsmowaba0z.jpg
Dec 6th

Also, I found new off-screen gameplay at the Ring with LMP cars

Oh no, why would they add MORE tire compounds? That is such a mistake. There's only 150 cars, why wouldn't they finally start using tires that they actually use in real life instead of giving every car 14-16 different tire compounds. It's just ridiculous and unrealistic.

They need more spatial sound simulation. Especially in tunnels. The way it is now sounds like you're driving through a vocal booth. There's no reverb from the surrounding area whatsoever. That's one of the biggest reasons people think Forza sounds better, Forza cranks up the reverb to unrealistic levels, while GT has none at all almost

Here I found the video of our good friends @GTMunky tested the VR Mode. He did 2 laps, first for warm up and then full throttle in the next lap. Near to the finish, he spins on purpose to try if he getting dizzy or not. The conclusion, as he said in his video description was "Very immersive" and "My body is ready for the g-force" :D

Also @GTMunky you did such a great job 👍 :cheers:

The menu Car showroom has seen some changes, check the Floor and the background as well as the lightning. Looking good.
GTPCup2_zpsfcizsva0.jpg
May 21st

GTPCup1_zpsmowaba0z.jpg
Dec 6th
The lighting you see above the BMW is glare from the room, it's not in game. :P

Just another GT game where you'll have to run two tyre compounds lower than the the AI, as well as a 10-15% power reduction (power limiter) so you can't muller them in the corners :yuck::mad:
Yeah, i watched it again; single race on professional difficulty. Didn't see no option for setting grid position or qualifying so you basically start either on a random position or near the back of the pack (going of previous GT's it will probably be the latter). So again rabbit chasing with AI that is fast on the straights but takes corners 2 seconds slower than a capable player.

Looks like it will be a 'handicap yourself' challenge indeed. And what happened then is that the rabbit always used to create a big gap in front so you kept pace with the rest of the cars but by the time you pass them the rabbit is gone in the distance.

Whats the fun in offline racing like this?

The lighting you see above the BMW is glare from the room, it's not in game. :P

lol Yeah, thought the same thing too about the 3 beams of light. But look at how the BMW is being illuminated on the front, that is in-game and not an outside reflection :)

@WyldAnimal I believe he just said he didn't speak of those glares.

@Wiki, the same angle on the front of the Corvette also has "light" shining onto it. But I wouldn't call it light.
IMG_7434.PNG

I'm assuming this is what you meant.

IMG_7435.PNG

@WyldAnimal I believe he just said he didn't speak of those glares.
I must have missed that post..
I was quoting this post where he more or less said, He thought the same about the 3 beams of light, BUT ...
which makes me think he did an After thought, BUT... , and now thinks it was an In game feature.

lol Yeah, thought the same thing too about the 3 beams of light. But look at how the BMW is being illuminated on the front, that is in-game and not an outside reflection :)

First, I'd like to thank everyone for the comments and likes! Very much appreciated :)

My short comparison of Gran Turismo 6 (GT6) v1.22 & GT Sport (GTS) vPSX2016
[Both videos embedded below]

Track: Nurburgring 12pm Dry
Car: BMW M4
Tires: Sports Soft
Driving Aids: All off except ABS 1

Physics
- Overview: I feel GTS simulates driving a real car better than GT6. GT6 physics feel outdated now.
- Force feedback: GTS FFB feels better than GT6. The wheel effects provided more information about road conditions. I felt my mind was processing more information. Unfortunately, I couldn’t feel what individual tires were doing. However, this is a problem I experience in many racing games.
- Sports Soft tires: GTS has much less grip than GT6
o In GTS, I had trouble finding traction in 2nd gear. Furthermore, the M4 was twitchy through fast sweeping corners in 3rd gear.
o In GT6, I did not have any traction issues in 2nd gear nor any need to correct my steering mid-corner in 3rd gear​

Other (AI, Graphics, Sound)
- AI: Slightly better in GTS, but for the most part feels like GT6.
o In GTS, the AI takes fast corners reasonably while being horribly slow in traction limited corners.
o In GT6, the AI is slow everywhere that’s not straight.​
- Graphics & Sound: In terms of the Nurburgring and BMW M4, GTS is way better!​

PSX 2016 | GT Sport | Nurburgring | BMW M4

Gran Turismo 6 | Nurburgring | BMW M4

You should try assetto corsa and compare, it is definitely the gold standard for physics and detailed FFB on a console. Tire models are excellent and there is nothing about driving in it that is painfully wrong for those of us competing in real cars every weekend. I half think that GTS was delayed because PD got a hold of AC when it came out a few months ago and realized they had work to do. Else the delay announcement timing was very coincidental. :P

Watching you scroll through the driving views, sad to see that PD still has not figured out that a rear view mirror is required in all driving views. That goes a long way towards keeping online racing from being a complete smash fest.

First, I'd like to thank everyone for the comments and likes! Very much appreciated :)

Physics
- Overview: I feel GTS simulates driving a real car better than GT6. GT6 physics feel outdated now.
- Force feedback: GTS FFB feels better than GT6. The wheel effects provided more information about road conditions. I felt my mind was processing more information. Unfortunately, I couldn’t feel what individual tires were doing. However, this is a problem I experience in many racing games.
o In GTS, I had trouble finding traction in 2nd gear. Furthermore, the M4 was twitchy through fast sweeping corners in 3rd gear.
o In GT6, I did not have any traction issues in 2nd gear nor any need to correct my steering mid-corner in 3rd gear​

o In GTS, the AI takes fast corners reasonably while being horribly slow in traction limited corners.

I wonder if AI stick with the stock tyres which might be reason why they're more traction limited in corners. It was good to see Rain tyres available though so hopefully won't be too long until they show off rain driving. It was good to see on GTS the rear end kicking out in 3rd gear with M4, happens in real life and also on Assetto Corsa. It has a lot of torque!

Impressive how good GTS looks even recording with camera now and YouTube compression.

Physics

First, thanks for the review:tup:👍 Refreshing to see someone making a real effort at driving clean. Second, do you happen to know what tires the AI were using. @Saidur_Ali raises a good point, perhaps the AI were on a different compound resulting in differeing cornering speeds.

Back