Watch F1 Drivers Take On Champions League Footballers in a Monza Karting Challenge

Looks like Formula One management has shut the door on the video.
The F1 brass that does stuff like this are really just doing themselves a dis-service. We're trying to support a good hearted charity event by raising awareness sharing a fun video.
They're too greedy to see this though.

XXI
Looks like Formula One management has shut the door on the video.
The F1 brass that does stuff like this are really just doing themselves a dis-service. We're trying to support a good hearted charity event by raising awareness sharing a fun video.
They're too greedy to see this though.

Or before you jump to irrational conclusions and go on a soap box rant, click the youtube button and watch it unrestricted on youtube. Comes up just fine no blocking.

Or before you jump to irrational conclusions and go on a soap box rant, click the youtube button and watch it unrestricted on youtube. Comes up just fine no blocking.

Of course it does, that's where the adverts and money is.
You've missed the point, a charity event should be shared at will.

XXI
Of course it does, that's where the adverts and money is.
You've missed the point, a charity event should be shared at will.

I get adverts on the site posting the article as well, defeats your point really, so no not missed. You at this point are just trying to validate a soap box that has been invalidated by telling you you're a simple mouse click away from watching it. Why wouldn't the FOM want you to watch their event on their youtube channel free of cost to you? Confusing.

Why wouldn't the FOM want you to watch their event on their youtube channel free of cost to you? Confusing.
Yeah it's free and easy to watch but we all know they want the click.
I was disappointed and don't plan on watching the video due to YouTube greed.
They don't deserve the click.

Yeah it's free and easy to watch but we all know they want the click.

Most race series I see try to be embedded do the same. I don't blame them, so what if you have to click. They get the view either way and it gets counted.

Last edited:
Most race series I see try to be embedded do the same. I don't blame them so what if they get the click they still get the view either way and it gets counted.
Forgive my ignorance but, why would they block it here if they still get whatever they get for a view?
Do they get more if it's actually viewed on YT?

Forgive my ignorance but, why would they block it here if they still get whatever they get for a view?

I have no idea, it could be some other issue or they haven't changed around the setting of their videos uploaded. I have no clue, but I do recall that the few videos posted under the Bernie era on youtube did the same.

Formula One never used to be this way, I've embed many videos from YouTube to other sites over the years.
It's been recently, specifically when Liberty took over ownership of F1 that embeds are being blocked.
The Formula One Group oversees all of F1 media, Liberty has restructured the rules for them to operate, directing all clicks to go to F1 YouTube, Facebook or .com

Clicks=adverts, adverts=money.

The result is quite striking, such as what happend to Lewis Hamilton back in April with Liberty forcing him to take on board footage off social media.
Liberty wants the racers to promote the sport they say through pictures and video, but essentially ties their hands when they do.
I want F1 to do well, I'm a fan.
I don't want them blocking us from sharing media with friends or fellow fans.
That is all.

XXI
Formula One never used to be this way, I've embed many videos from YouTube to other sites over the years.
It's been recently, specifically when Liberty took over ownership of F1 that embeds are being blocked.
The Formula One Group oversees all of F1 media, Liberty has restructured the rules for them to operate, directing all clicks to go to F1 YouTube, Facebook or .com

Clicks=adverts, adverts=money.

The result is quite striking, such as what happend to Lewis Hamilton back in April with Liberty forcing him to take on board footage off social media.
Liberty wants the racers to promote the sport they say through pictures and video, but essentially ties their hands when they do.
I want F1 to do well, I'm a fan.
I don't want them blocking us from sharing media with friends or fellow fans.
That is all.

No it hasn't because before you wouldn't get videos loaded to youtube by the FOM themselves, and if someone dared to do it they'd get shut down instantly. You'd have to go to the Formula 1 website and see if they'd allow embedding through that, and at times they wouldn't. They adverts would happen be it on youtube or here, than can easily place an advert in it and no matter where you watched it you'd still have to endure it. So you're claim that this is some conspiracy only to get ad revenue off a short clip, when they generate plenty of it on a GP weekend is quite hilarious.

The fact that you claim the Bernie era of F1 media and promotion was less restrictive (yes you just implied that), is alarming considering that isn't the case at all. Also they didn't block any media sharing, and FOM for years has done what you suggested before Liberty took over.

Back