Watch Live: Gran Turismo World Finals - Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup

• Thread starter Famine
  • 59 comments
I honestly hope that Maulana's wheel wasn't Valero's too...
I hope they'll thoroughly check this before making the final results official, but then again, I have no clue of the actual rules of this whole event.

There's real money for the drivers involved, isn't there? Are protests possible?

You have until tomorrow's stream starts. That's why it says that on the question page - November 25 at 1559UTC.
Not sure how to put it, but the dark purple you're using is almost unreadable on the dark grey background in the board's "dark mode". Disregard this please if that's on purpuse.
Edit: Nevermind, the mistake was on my end. Sorry.

Last edited:
You have until tomorrow's stream starts. That's why it says that on the question page - November 25 at 1559UTC.
Yeah now I see it but with the time zones being… sorry but at the time I had second thought in the spurr of the moment. Now let’s enjoy the race ! 😉

1669317584824.png

1669317590771.png

Those seating positions look identical when you count the spotlights, banner in the background and purple accent behind the audience...

So? It still says for the 2022 grand final. Its quite easy to understand.
The top drivers from the 7 rounds of the online Series gathered at the World Finals. Which of the 5 Regions did the Grand Final winner come from?

Nowhere in the actual question does it say 2022. The question opened before this year's Grand Final started, so one can interpret the question as it referring to last year's final. It's quite easy to understand, but keep being cocky like you wrote the question, I'm not the only one that finds the wording bad.

View attachment 1210535
View attachment 1210536

Those seating positions look identical when you count the spotlights, banner in the background and purple accent behind the audience...
I missed it, was the wheel smashed or what happened?

Here are the (rough) live viewing figures:
8.5K for Semifinal A
7.5K for Semifinal B
7.5K for Repechage
8.5K for Grand Final

Semifinal B had the lowest figures at bit under 7500 live viewers, while Repechage was a bit over. All figures are total on the last lap of the 7 streams on Gran Turismo TV and the stream on PlayStation's channel. The main English stream was above 3.5K at it's peak(s), during both Semifinal A and Grand Final. Interesting to see how these will compare to Manufacturers & Nations Cups.

What a great race from Fraga! My choice for the winner was Miyazono, so that went well...

Last edited:
Valerio Gallo's car didn't move in the previous race. Said there were wheel issues. In the grand Final, Maulana's car stopped moving in to T1 with wheel issues. Looks like they were sat in the same seat.
The seats were assigned based on qualifying position and they both started 4th. So yes.

Valerio Gallo's car didn't move in the previous race. Said there were wheel issues. In the grand Final, Maulana's car stopped moving in to T1 with wheel issues. Looks like they were sat in the same seat.
The seats were assigned based on qualifying position and they both started 4th. So yes.
Supposedly the wheel was replaced as pointed out in the chat (maybe also related to the reboot, in order to initialize the replacement - though it might have taken place during the Showdown recap downtime; these was posted after repechage ended)
1669325807966.png

My theory is that the replacement wheel failed again, because during the warm-up session prior to Grand Finals there were no problems. (Thrustmaster unreliability stories intensifies)

Last edited:
Pretty sure Cenrtral&South America, he had a Brazilian flag to his name.
He is Brazillian nationality but he was born in Japan. So this could end up unintentioanlly being a trick question, but I would go with the flag by his name and his nationality. If in any doubt at all, that would make by far the most sense.

From what I'm hearing the wheel cover was replaced and it was barely misaligned, but enough that it pressed the handbrake button and so they couldn't release it.
Build error from event staff.
Sucks for the drivers

He is Brazillian nationality but he was born in Japan. So this could end up unintentioanlly being a trick question, but I would go with the flag by his name and his nationality. If in any doubt at all, that would make by far the most sense.
I’m pretty sure it’s based on the region you and your account are registered in not where you were born.

Well being I put Central/ South America then told me my prize would be in my gift box on November 30, I'm pretty sure it's the location on his GT account not where he was born

Is there a way to access the questionnaire online and then redeem the rewards in-game later? I moved in September and no longer have access to my housemate’s PS5, would be great if I could nab the engine ticket for when I can get my own PS5.

You're right, didn't think of it this way. PD are not the ones to overthink things usually though.

Final thoughts from my side:
- who is the blonde reporter/interviewer and who thought it was a good idea to use her?
She's terrible at her job, posing stupid questions, cutting off answers and generally being unprofessional.
- the YT chat was as terrible as was to be expected, riddled with folks asking for the quiz' answer, others giving the WRONG answer to troll the others, and the occasional "ACC is better", "GT7 is just an arcade racer", "Playstation sucks" etc.
I recommend switching it off unless you get a kick out of such displays of .. whatever.

Is there a way to access the questionnaire online and then redeem the rewards in-game later? I moved in September and no longer have access to my housemate’s PS5, would be great if I could nab the engine ticket for when I can get my own PS5.
Negative, you need to answer the questions within the game. Each quiz opens at the time each broadcast starts and is open 24hrs, until the next broadcast starts. Exception is the last quiz, which rewards the Ferrari VGT, that one is open for a week. Rewards for quiz 1-3 are distributed on November 30th, the Ferrari VGT reward on December 15th. GTPlanet covers this quite well here.
You're right, didn't think of it this way. PD are not the ones to overthink things usually though.

Final thoughts from my side:
- who is the blonde reporter/interviewer and who thought it was a good idea to use her?
She's terrible at her job, posing stupid questions, cutting off answers and generally being unprofessional.
- the YT chat was as terrible as was to be expected, riddled with folks asking for the quiz' answer, others giving the WRONG answer to troll the others, and the occasional "ACC is better", "GT7 is just an arcade racer", "Playstation sucks" etc.
I recommend switching it off unless you get a kick out of such displays of .. whatever.
She's Julia Harding and has been part of the trio since Day 1 when these events started with GT Sport. I personally have no problem with her, I think she along with Tom and Jimmy make a fun trio. But each to his own of course :)

What a beautiful race. Congratulations Igor! Maulana with a little luck and Bonelli in the middle of some bad luck, had made the third stop for RH, and everything would have been different. Congratulations to the 3 on the podium.

Back