Watch the Gran Turismo Sport Opening Video Here

Yeah, well.. I can't say this intro is the best I've seen in my life. It's like a bizarre mix of Steven Spielberg's Taken, Jurassic Park, general 90's superhero movies and Microsoft Flight Simulator. Moon Over The Castle should be there, end of story.

Very dissapointed that this thread is full of people circle jerking off to the lack of Daiki Kasho and Moon over the Castle. This trailer is objectivly excellent! I'm so excited!
Well, that's to be expected when the series has historically been known with such music. It's as if, I dunno, Nintendo getting rid of the classic Mario jingle and it never came back forever. (Probably a bad example, but eh.)

I was completely set that I wasn't going to get this (at least not yet) and now this awesome intro. They know how to get you lol.

Best intro to date, in my opinion. Music maybe not so much (My Favorite Game gets that one), but the atmosphere is incredible! It gives me the impression that we might see a storyline from Gran Turismo one day, as well - the sorta-sims with stories from the PS2 were a ton of fun, after all. I've been barely paying attention to the news on this game, because it's such a change from what GT has traditionally been. This is making me want to go out and finally pick up a PS4, though.

B.K
The intro is disappointing. What the hell they were thinking to use this cinderella music?
Whoever is responsible for the intro, failed miserably.

I think it's a masterpiece. And I'm a death / black metal guy.

The more I see of this game, the less interested on it I become.

Gran Turismo is made by car enthusiasts, FOR car enthusiasts. When you move away from that, you're not Gran Turismo anymore. And this is why Sport is not a Gran Turismo game. I refuse to call it that. To me, this game is simply called "Sport".

100% agree, i consider myself a GT hardcore fan, and i must say this is a so called GT FAKE, Jesus, 4 more years of waiting for a true GRAN TURISMO GAME

Wheres My chemical romance, or Van Halen?
What happened to the adrenaline pumping intros like GT3, 4, 5, and 6?

Or My Favorite Game by The Cardigans?
Probably the best intro song of all time,... maybe ever!

100% agree, i consider myself a GT hardcore fan, and i must say this is a so called GT FAKE, Jesus, 4 more years of waiting for a true GRAN TURISMO GAME.

B.K
The intro is disappointing. What the hell they were thinking to use this cinderella music?
Whoever is responsible for the intro, failed miserably.

Apparently some people did not hear the announcement that GT Sport is the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo. That's right, A NEW ERA, meaning radically different, the start of something completely new! So, maybe you can be polite and say hello to some new music, eh? Possibly a new style for the intro movie(s)? The new focus is online racing and I can't wait to see what they have done after (what I will call) the experiments of GT5 and GT6 online racing. Clean racing is rewarded, sweeeeet!

Also, the game was just released today... holy crap, give it a chance. "I'm a hardcore GT fan and I hate change! I want to hear the same music all the time! I want more of the tired recipe I have been playing for decades!" First, you need to REALLY play the game and if you don't like the game for what it actually is, then people will listen to your crying. At this point it is FAR too early to be criticizing the game as a whole. And PD has a history of listening to GT fans, so all the news is positive. Win-win!

Finally, the DLC and game updates will bring surprises for sure, something else to be excited about. This is good news, people!

Yeah but don't knock it before you try it bro.

You have the correct attitude. Namely, a positive one. Thank you for being the voice of maturity in a sea of crybabies :D

The more I see of this game, the less interested on it I become.

Gran Turismo is made by car enthusiasts, FOR car enthusiasts. When you move away from that, you're not Gran Turismo anymore. And this is why Sport is not a Gran Turismo game. I refuse to call it that. To me, this game is simply called "Sport".
Completely disagree. When I watch in game gameplay, the menus, the animations, the music, the way the cars are represented and shown, the scale of photo mde and scapes.... When I see these things, it all screams "Gran Turismo" to me.

For me at least, the GT feel goes much deeper than car collecting. It's how the game presents itself and all the little details that make GT feel like GT to me.

Apparently some people did not hear the announcement that GT Sport is the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo. That's right, A NEW ERA, meaning radically different, the start of something completely new! So, maybe you can be polite and say hello to some new music, eh? Possibly a new style for the intro movie(s)? The new focus is online racing and I can't wait to see what they have done after (what I will call) the experiments of GT5 and GT6 online racing. Clean racing is rewarded, sweeeeet!

Also, the game was just released today... holy crap, give it a chance. "I'm a hardcore GT fan and I hate change! I want to hear the same music all the time! I want more of the tired recipe I have been playing for decades!" First, you need to REALLY play the game and if you don't like the game for what it actually is, then people will listen to your crying. At this point it is FAR too early to be criticizing the game as a whole. And PD has a history of listeninoon the the gamating to GT fans, so all the news is positive. Win-win!

Finally, the DLC and game updates will bring surprises for sure, something else to be excited about. This is good news, people!

You have the correct attitude. Namely, a positive one. Thank you for being the voice of maturity in a sea of crybabies :D

Im not hating on the game, im stating that this intro is mediocre compared to previous intros. I wont let my nostalgia get in the way of me liking this game for what it is. Also, no game is perfect there will be things that people dont like whether it be big or small.

And i even said its fitting for the new era of GT, but u completely cut out the rest of my post to antagonize me. So let me summarize my opinion

Is the intro good?: Yes
Is it good compared to others?: No

Im not hating on the game, im stating that this intro is mediocre compared to previous intros. I wont let my nostalgia get in the way of me liking this game for what it is. Also, no game is perfect there will be things that people dont like whether it be big or small.

And i even said its fitting for the new era of GT, but u completely cut out the rest of my post to antagonize me. So let me summarize my opinion

Is the intro good?: Yes
Is it good compared to others?: No

You're right, I did cut out the rest of your post. I should not have done that because all of your post was relevant. I was not trying to antagonize you but it was my mistake, and I apologize. I'm tired of many people dogging something just because it's different. Different does not mean bad, and everything eventually changes. People are not good at adjusting and adapting, something we should learn to do better.

100% agree, i consider myself a GT hardcore fan, and i must say this is a so called GT FAKE, Jesus, 4 more years of waiting for a true GRAN TURISMO GAME

I feel the same way about my love for GT. I've been playing since '99, and even rep the logo on my real car...

... but I'm on the other side of the fence from you. Don't you feel that the old formula has gotten stale yet? I still play GT6 all the time, sometimes spending literally hours tuning cars just for the fun of it and then entering races that are best suited for a specific tune. The old games (namely 4 and 6) are still fun, so I can fall back on them whenever. But the thing I love about this new intro video - the atmosphere, or ambiance - has been missing from every single game so far. Gran Turismo has yet to make me feel like I was actually participating in an event that was bigger than my own personal task of finishing first and collecting credits. I'll miss the massive roster of cars, but I'm looking forward to a deeper experience.

^ Haha, I know, right?! It's been a long time coming. I'm glad at least some variant of the Cayman made it in, too. The early-MY 987s are getting cheap in real life, so I'm trying to make one happen in the next few years. It's a small list of Porsches, but I'm sure we're all pretty excited to see what car packs DLC will bring.

So, maybe you can be polite and say hello to some new music, eh?

What does being polite have to do with taste? If the music is horrible its horrible, its not peoples fault if they dont like it. And when you see other GT Fans around a lot of them dont like it either. Maybe PD should try and put Death Metal on the intro and lets see how you say "hello" then.;)

Maybe you re too sensible thats the problem. I dont see crybabies here, just people who dont like the editing. Seems like nowadays every critics are considered as "crying" or "hating". Fanboys getting easily hurt, thats the problem. And im a GT fan since day 1, and still i can take critics when it makes sense. So in GTS being a "new" GT era isnt an excuse for a bad intro, easy as that.

Back