Watch These Rare Gran Turismo 4 Online Videos

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 5, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. oneloops

oneloops

Those sounds make my ears bleed now... ouffff

karelpipa likes this.
  3. MenocidiX

MenocidiX

When there are more news about GT1-6 than the upcoming game, you know something's really wrong.

Andyc709292, jontikis, SVX and 12 others like this.
  4. z71L28

z71L28

I had deleted my GT4 from memory card to use for TT. Just got my new memory card started GT4 all over again. having the time of my life what an amazing title. Timeless and epic classic!

5. MeanElf

MeanElf

Didn't take the ramming idiots long to show up, did it?

6. PJTierney

PJTierney

I have a question that is possibly related to this version of the game:

In the Gran Turismo 4 Official Guidebook (published by Piggyback) there is a table of lap times accompanying each circuit guide. Typically they would show times from cars with varying levels of performance (the Toyota 88C-V usually setting the fastest laps). I seem to remember each laptime having a username attached to it.

Could it be that those times were set with this Online Version, with a selection being printed in the guidebook?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  7. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

One day the servers will be backed up by the players means of connectivity.

There are 2 version with GT4 Online. The GT4: Online Public Beta and the Test Version (probably used by the devs themselves). Unless, we understand how to program P2P server networking, with a greater server bandwidth it should work flawlessly on a PC. It won't work on the PS2, due to limitations on editing the network connection from your main PS2.

8. Legit :lol:

Chris99673 likes this.
  9. llNovall

llNovall

I remember using that XLink LAN tease to the ps2. Worked great and had many great races. The hardest part was breaking your way onto a grid with the driver community. There was zero tolerance for shenanigans. But onve in, it was alot of fun, great racing.

10. Corsa

Corsa Premium

IMG_0394.PNG

Yes, loaded up GT6 after playing PCars for so long.

The tire squeal was insane.

I remember trying to fool with the LAN setting on GT4 determined there was a way online.
    I knew nothing of networking back then, when GT5 prologue released with online support I was instantly addicted.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Imari and Bfann22 like this.
  11. MockngBrd

MockngBrd

ahh.... i member

karelpipa likes this.
  12. GTKiddie01

GTKiddie01

Seeing this news story on the front page reminded me that I had started an entire search for any relics of GT4 Online I could find on the internet. I was lucky enough to stumble across various videos that I compiled into a playlist:

I looked through some old posts on the Gran Turismo 4 forums and came across a handful of messages related to GT4 Online. The most interesting finding there was this link to the PDF of the manual for the game (which was arcived by the Wayback Machine): https://web.archive.org/web/2006070...n-turismo.com/data/pdf/GT4ol_manual060601.pdf

I also found a gallery of 17 screenshots on this Russian website: http://squarefaction.ru/game/gran-turismo-4-online-test-version/gallery/2948

13. GTKiddie01

GTKiddie01

And since I didn't have enough space for all seven videos, here's the other two:

ToyGTone likes this.
  14. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

Well, I think you just contributed to the "Hidden Things" thread, I have yet to try and modify the menus for the GT4 Online Test Version, but I'll find a way through the menus.

15. Devil240Z

Devil240Z

Wasn't GT4 Online supposed to be a launch(ish) ps3 game?

16. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

That's GT: HD, but that game got canned because they were working on GT5 at that time.

17. Imari

Imari

Also because the backlash to their microtransaction heavy business model was enormous. In an age before mobile had really taken off and with a fanbase that was used to paying once for several hundred cars, the announcement was a disaster.

ToyGTone and JakeMR2 like this.
  18. drivatar

drivatar

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  19. Zipperface

Zipperface

Nothing have changed since then, it could be a gt-s video too LOL :) Same sound, same physics, same netcode :dunce: Ok, to be fair, now we got less cars and less tracks. :gtpflag: