WATCH_DOGS 2 (November 15 2016)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 127 comments
20 Minutes of WD2 Gameplay W/ Commentary

I think it's looking pretty good, definitely a huge improvement from WD1.

I thought the original was interesting enough but nothing here is impressing me to the point where I want to get it, co-op could be fun for those that are into it.

Ubi trying to convince everyone the game will be great by ****ting on the original, it does look like it could be fun though.

I don't see why EVERY car has to have nitrous by default, I'd much rather it being an upgrade of some kind, but as long as it's not something you'll turn on by accident it shouldn't bother me too much

Looking some gameplays I noticed a Small icon on the character's Phone named ''Driver san Francisco'', probably some sort of app for maps

Right in the feels

Looking some gameplays I noticed a Small icon on the character's Phone named ''Driver san Francisco'', probably some sort of app for maps

Right in the feels
It's a taxi side mission kind of thing where you pick people up (in any car) and do what they ask (EG Stunts) and then drop them off.

upload_2016-10-21_23-56-40.png

That's was the final shots before realizing that it's not allowed to capture and therefor stopping my recording. Ops...sorry, i should known better.

After attending this "meeting" session, i can't wait until i get my hands on this game. Basically it's was on a dev kit PS4 and i assume it's the E3 Demo so nothing really new (what a disappointment) although i would like to talk about my experience as i didn't see anything apart from that E3 video. As he talks through the whole game, he booted up the game and went to a black debug menu with different kind of selection of modes including a mode that been show at E3 and a freeroam mode (sadly he didn't touch that). So it went like the E3 video with all Dedsec ad, getting the control of Marcus and jumping down to mess around and hack some people. Trying out different types of hacking and also hacking that red car just like in the E3 thought it was in a slower pace.

When he got into "his" red car just like in E3, instead of going straight through that mission like in E3, he turned around and drove away while hack upcoming vehicles. He drove around until he stopped at Pier 39 and walked around then he found someone playing a guitar and sent a false accusation to him. The cops came and arrested him. So then he went by a clothing store where he asked us to select and buy new clothes. After he got out, he opens up his phone and showed us some available apps, some from WD1 and other new ones like that "Driver SF" so he choice some kind of side mission app i think where he goes to some landmarks and take a selfie. It happens that a crab statue is right in front of him so he went and took a selfie of it. He decided at this point he should start doing that mission. I like to point out that he accidentally pressed on the map and backing out immediately :P He drove back to the original car spot and the mission triggered.

That mission gone in a similar ways although he might killed some enemies in different ways so nothing to say about it and then that's it. I wished if it lasted longer :indiff: Was hoping to really see something new. Was going to say allowing us to play but that's too much.

Surprised no posts on this since release...I know a few folks who have it and they're pretty damn happy. There is also a texture patch coming very soon to remove the NPC's NSFW modelled genitalia...

Anyway, I can't afford it until Monday unfortunately.

Still a month to go before I get this but I've seen a few videos of it and it looks amazing. I've been staying away from walkthroughs to avoid spoilers but I've seen some videos by OutsideXbox and IGN and I really can't wait to get it. Looks to be everything WD1 wanted to be, although I fear "hacker vision" might slightly ruin the online hacking as it might be a little too easy for the hackee to find the hacker, especially if they are hiding in a parked car, but I'll wait to see what it's like when I'm actually playing it.

I've actually been playing alot of online hacking in the first game which is amazing so can't wait to see how they improve it for WD2. Also if Online Tailing is back I'd like it so you can tail the target for as long as you like with higher rewards for longer tails.

Still cant grasp on why the hacker group name is inspired by Real Life Script Kiddies (Read: Losers).
The game opening explains this nicely: they will likely be the ones who keep liberty free and not controlled or sold for a price.

Game arrived two hours ago as a surprise delivery - just had time (and energy) for a little dip into into it all - more time tomorrow. First impressions though, very positive with plenty to do, Seems like the game is more open than the first too.

Last edited:
Such a joy that you can punch the NPCs now - found this out by accident while watching an NPC confrontation play out, then one of them pushed my character and reflexively I punched them...and down they went.

I don't know if you can give cash to any of the homeless NPCs yet though. Having lots of fun and I've only been playing for a few hours.

WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161130131107.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161130131204.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161130131216.png

Last edited:
Some great NPC interaction and action going on. I keep meaning to save a few clips but keep getting distracted.

WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161204072739.png

Standing back to take pictures of events as they unfold, or even creating the circumstance and then taking pictures has turned me into something of a tabloid photographer.

WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133443.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133450.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133500.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133508.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133520.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133706.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133801.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133849.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161205133901.png

Nice touch to have the Driver SF portable ramp mechanic using car transporters. And finally, a game that has some Dead Kennedys music!

Also, for those who thought the first game had a lot to do - this has a lot more.

Last edited:
Back