WATCH_DOGS 2 (November 15 2016)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 127 comments
I have no idea how big this game will turn out to be in the end - it seems far bigger than the first with plenty of multiple-part side missions cropping up and locations to invade. I haven't even taken the first story mission on yet...

I'm also liking the variety of costumes, far more stylish than simple variants on Aiden's coat, hat and scarf.
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161208091242.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161208091322.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161210061327.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161210061409.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161210061716.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161210061737.png

Calling a bust down on the groom at a wedding I was supposed to be taking a picture of...
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095736.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095752.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095801.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095809.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095817.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095827.png

An NPC busting for a pee outside the public toilets
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095840.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095949.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212095941.png

Oakland NPCs all seem to be armed and ready - this one was taken just after a bike pulled up and executed another passer by.
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212100010.png

This is the hit victim.
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161212100022.png

Last edited:
I really like that the Thruss presidential candidate on the posters is most definitely Trump in every way...and they trash him throughout: small victories, I know...

One of the special vehicles you can find is a DeadSec version of the Jurassic Park Jeep - its horn is a raptor roar and is great for freaking out the pedestrians and other vehicle drivers.

Finally got as far as the Golden Gate Bridge mission and had a lot of fun up there. I think I might test how sharp the AI cops are at finding me if I start sniping from up there - you can jump off the bridge and survive the fall, as I found out by mistake.

Anyway, more random pictures for the empty room that is this thread.
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161220130405.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161220130443.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161220152825.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161220153708.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161220172522.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161220172604.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161220172611.png
WATCH_DOGS® 2_20161220172624.png

Great to see you are having a lovely time with this @MeanElf 👍
Thanks :) It is very easy to just get swept away with everything going on around you. After setting the cops on someone for being an ass, I moved their car over a few streets and the cops went off looking for it before heading back to base on foot :lol: Plenty of fun to be had and the missions are tougher than the first game too 👍

I have turned online hack invasions off and even friendly co-op as so far most have only been interested in running around like six-year-olds and shooting everything up on their way through - I prefer stealth and to experience it all.

So there is plenty of variation gameplaywise? I was not very impressed with the graphics when compared to The Division but I can certainly see its charm.

Enjoy it :D

Yep @doblocruiser there is more verticality than the original and whilst the missions are similar to the first game, there are some interesting extras and the clothing customisation of Marcus is really quite broad.

Got the game for free thanks to an Xbox glitch. No interest in purchasing the game but will certainly try for free!

I wish i was 15 years younger or more. These games like this and GTA, Just Cause look great but I'm just not entertained by them. I want to get straight into it. I did play the current GTA and just cause 2 but i find myself doing nothing for 10 minutes then wonder why I'm playing it and turn it off. I would have got lost in these games for days on end years ago but i need more linear games now. It's a shame considering the virtual worlds of today compared to 20 years ago.

At almost 60 I still get lost in these kinds of games @lancia delta hf - but fair enough, if that's no longer your thing. I can at least provide you with glimpses into that world via the screen shots.
I cxn still appreciate games like this even if i don't particularly want to play them. I thought GTA was really good but just stopped playing it. Having said that, i have TLOU which i started last Christmas and haven't played it since, i only got about 60 mins into it. I have everyones gone to the rapture, resi evil, a few other games and I just don't feel inclined to play them.

For most of the year I've been playing Rocket league, Helldivers, Tricky Towers, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa and now Modern Warfare Remastered. A lot of games i just feel like been there done that need something more involving. I think one of my reasons for lack of interest is that i have a lot of time on my hands. I tend to do more of the things i enjoy when I have little time, the silly thing is i look at games like watchdogs 2 and think to myself "i wish i wanted to play it. I know I'm missing out on a lot of good games.

So I've finished this game a week ago on PC, and it was pretty fun. Though in terms of end-game there's not much to do. Maybe I'll get to stuff like Races or ScoutX later on, perhaps in shorter bursts.

The races can be hilarious and I imagine that there'll be online races too, which were pretty fun to do in the first game.

Speaking of racing, I tried the sailboat racing and I expected any regular boat racing from GTA. But nope, it was a pretty elaborate mini-game.

Great pics @MeanElf I just got this today as it was cheap, is there a photomode then, Im still in the beginning bit,..
No actually a photo mode, but calling your phone camera up from the phone menu (Options button) you can use front or back camera and with a few post effect options you can play around a little (very little) with the image.

The RC Jumper and Quadcopter both have camera views too, though you can't zoom in with them. Enjoy!

Speaking of racing, I tried the sailboat racing and I expected any regular boat racing from GTA. But nope, it was a pretty elaborate mini-game.
Indeed it is, what with tacking and keeping an eye on the wind.

Last edited:
I just got this for Christmas and it's different than the first one for sure.
Controls are a bit more so I have to see which ones are which.

It's now possible to play this for free for 3 hours on PS4 & XB1

The comments section to this is incredible. Essentially 3 categories of comments:
1. Complaining on how Ubisoft aren't putting the free trial on PC
2. People thinking the game is completely F2P
3. People complaining on how you only get it for free for 3 hours

As for the last two, I can't believe anyone would think even for a second Ubisoft (or any AAA game publisher) would make one of their year's biggest releases completely free.

The comments section to this is incredible. Essentially 3 categories of comments:
1. Complaining on how Ubisoft aren't putting the free trial on PC
2. People thinking the game is completely F2P
3. People complaining on how you only get it for free for 3 hours

As for the last two, I can't believe anyone would think even for a second Ubisoft (or any AAA game publisher) would make one of their year's biggest releases completely free.

Last edited:
I'm in love with this game! It has everything in my comfort zone (apart from the hipster themes, I much preferred the dark eery themes in the first Watch_Dogs) The hacker feel to it is amazing. Very unique.
Currently doing the Painting side mission where you need to go on three roof tops to do graffiti. Struggling to get on the roofs. :banghead:

Back