Watkins Glen - Long Course

Watkins Glen - Long Course v1.0

Germany
Dresden
Patrick8308
Patrick8308 submitted a new resource:

Watkins Glen - Long Course - Almost correct track length,close to original curbing and scenery,elevation correct up to chicane

Replica of Watkins Glen International v1.0
-Long Course-

After testing this version of Watkins Glen - Short Course by @nascarfan1400 I decided to recreate the Long Course which is used for the IndyCar Series.

As the elevation is really close to original in that version I orientated to that direction of the homestraight and created the full circuit layout....

Read more about this resource...

@Patrick8308 Thanks for the heads up about this one in your PM. I've had a chance to do a few laps and so far it's another great track. I'm currently working on some video for this one and I do have some nice stuff already but am undecided about what to use atm.

I'm planning to capture some racing in the '08 Honda Epson NSX which is providing a lot of fun around here and as soon as I have something I'm happy with I'll update here and add my review. So far though, nice job, thanks for getting it out there.

Thanks for the heads up about this one in your PM. I've had a chance to do a few laps and so far it's another great track. I'm currently working on some video for this one and I do have some nice stuff already but am undecided about what to use atm.

I'm planning to capture some racing in the '08 Honda Epson NSX which is providing a lot of fun around here and as soon as I have something I'm happy with I'll update here and add my review. So far though, nice job, thanks for getting it out there.

Looking forward to that! Have fun racing The Glen. :) Your tests and videos are so much apreciated.

Looking forward to that! Have fun racing The Glen. :) Your tests and videos are so much apreciated.

I think I've got something I like. The track is proving to make for some really good close racing in the GT classes. Should have it all done for you later this evening.

Last edited:
Something about your tracks seems to create great racing against the AI - Road America, Portimao, Mugello and now this. Here we have the Epson NSX in what was a thrilling duel with an aggressive field of GT cars. I'm not going to add any spoilers to that! Enjoy the track preview and the 6 lap race - cockpit cam driving plus full TV replay.

I have noticed that too. The AI seems to be very aggressive on some of these user created tracks. Using that trick to include the track in a Championship series with 16 cars makes for some tense racing. GT6 got a whole lot more fun with these tracks.

Great job on the track Patrick.

I have noticed that too. The AI seems to be very aggressive on some of these user created tracks. Using that trick to include the track in a Championship series with 16 cars makes for some tense racing. GT6 got a whole lot more fun with these tracks.

Great job on the track Patrick.

I'm absolutely happy that you like my tracks and are having fun racing them. The utilization of that championship-user created track-bug is a brilliant idea. 💡 The higher number of AI cars obviously provides more action on track. Maybe I should test this too.

Something about your tracks seems to create great racing against the AI - Road America, Portimao, Mugello and now this. Here we have the Epson NSX in what was a thrilling duel with an aggressive field of GT cars. I'm not going to add any spoilers to that! Enjoy the track preview and the 6 lap race - cockpit cam driving plus full TV replay.

Thanks once again for capturing another great video! :bowdown:

This side effect of high AI agressiveness is really welcome. I guess it increases the fun and thrill even more.

Maybe it's the layout of the tracks I chose to recreate why the AI is very fast and agressive there. I could imagine AI programming is corresponding to layout, incline and radius. :confused:

Anyways, have fun racing. :cheers:

Back