Way too early FM8 (?) wishlist

Mexico
Mexico
Hi everybody, after reading some of the latest coments in the general discussion section, I think maybe it's time to look forward to the next edition of Forza Motorsport. Please contribute!

I will start with this:
Make Autovista Great Again! (MAVGA): I do miss the Autovista from FM4, with narration by none other than Jeremy Clarkson, which was at times brutally candid (the diss of the F50 and the California!). Keep it just for a handful of select cars (I don't really want to hear about the Dodge Dart, thank you) and make it unlockable via its own minievents as before, or as part of Forzathon.

Last edited:
My main wish:

E to X Class Rivals mode. I don't care if it means most leaderboards will be dominated by a single car (depending on class), I just want them back.
:grumpy:

Tens of thousands of entries for each leaderboard, instead of the (occasionally) few hundred to a few thousand we get now.

I don't think the game is coming. I have a feeling that Turn 10 and Playground Games will soon become one to create a game which combines elements from both Motorsport and Horizon. It will be called Forza and nothing more.

Feature wishlists:

1.) More visual customization options - Simply put, I don't want just the same Forza splitter and wing as the only options for modifying cars. Add more modifications for cars lacking them. I.E. Allow me to put LX bumpers on the 1993 Mustang Cobra R for instance. Give the 1999 Viper GTS aero parts from the GTS-R and Hennessey Venom Viper. I also would like some headlight and taillight customization options.

2.) Improve the livery editor - Allow banners to be applied to cars like in GT Sport and have us customize them by changing the color and decals. There also should be no body panel restrictions for the livery editor (*looks at Mclaren P1 GTR*).

3.) E to X class options in Rivals mode, I missed this as I love jumping into a car and doing some hot laps. I however don't like it being strict to homologation.

4.) No more emphasis on homologation. The homologation should just be an option in the racing modes, but not the main focus of the game. I liked the previous Forzas for being able to complete a career mode simply my way. I didn't have to modify a car to complete, I could just win with a stock car if I wanted (which I often did). However, there is still some nice potential for homologation as it reminds me a bit of the Group system in Gran Turismo Sport. Perhaps modify the system to make more sense (I.E. don't lunge in all GT cars in one class, GT3 and GTE should be separated). Also, just have it included in some races within career mode, but not all.

5.) Revise the Specialty Dealership, don't make the dealership online based. The online based dealership idea provided trouble as Turn 10 ended up providing a lot of repeats for months just for people entering the game late. To fix this, they should take a page out of Polyphony Digital's book and make the dealership offline based and randomized. Have it limited to 10 cars, but the list changes every 20 races. That's of course if they wanted to lock some cars again.

6.) Similar to #5, fixed the locked cars system or just get rid of it. This resulted in some backlash and made the developers look bad. To be fair, I can see why they restricted some to things like winning races; it gives some players such as myself motivation to continue the career mode in order to unlock some cars. My big issue with that is that you can only win the cars once, which means I can't keep one stock and buy another to customize. There are multiple ways to fix this. First of all, for the career mode; Turn 10 could lock cars away to be unlocked in the career as prize cars. However, they should also unlock the car in the dealership so I can buy it again later on once I win it. Second fix, allow me to win prize cars more than once like in the earlier Gran Turismo games. I wanted more than one Mitsubishi FTO LM for instance in Gran Turismo 3; I could just redo the Dream Car Championship to win it. Do that with Forza Motorsport 8! Alternatively, just don't lock away in-game cars, period.

7.) Online Lobby System - I don't like Dan Greenwalt's "solution" to the hopper system, that just sounds like nonsense imo. I prefered the Gran Turismo 5 & 6 lobby setup more where someone could host a lobby and wait for players to join. The host could kick out drivers that just wanted to enter the lobby to "grief" people or were just plain dirty drivers. Yes, this system had flaws aswell such as a host possibly being biased or corrupt in his/her methods. However, I could then just jump into another lobby if that's the case. It's still better than worrying about massive crashes at the start of each race.

8.) Blueprint Feature in Free Play mode - I personally enjoy the improved Free Play mode in Forza Motorsport 7, it was one of the reasons why I bought this game in the first place. However, it's still not as awesome as the blueprint feature in Forza Horizon 3 where I could literally create my own events including championships. I was even able to select what exact cars could participate in the race. If that was in FM7, I would be playing the game a lot more.

1) I don’t mind the homologation shenanigans but for the love of the holy one, please let us be able to drive cars in career in stock as well! This is 2018 FFS, I’m the boss in my games. I pick the car I want and the game adapts to me, not the other way around! Forza Horizon does it perfect, it’s about time Motorsport steps it up as well.

2) This is 2018 again, get rid of the 2D trees already and cut the crap with the “4K 60 FPS” already if the sacrifices for that are so huge.

3) Give the Lancia Delta Group B the proper race car dashboard instead of the lazy copy/paste of the road car.

4) Fix the overly obvious bugs that have been in the game for many months already.

More tracks, especially the longer, complex scenic ones such as Fujimi Kaido and Camino Viejo. And Special Stage Route 11 since GT isn't using it (okay, maybe they'd mind).

Quicker /easy access to test drive. In most racing games I like the option to quickly boot up and drive around a track.

I like the night and weather, but I'd like to be able to set the time and have it progress. I'd also like to select a rainy night option.

Make the camera feature function like a real camera, especially the aperture and shutter speeds. Use camera settings like the f/stops as well.

Edit: And a big ol' ditto to being able to drive a stock or under-spec car in every scenario if I want.

More tracks, especially the longer, complex scenic ones such as Fujimi Kaido and Camino Viejo.

Yeah, same here. I loved those tracks. And with all the SUV's and trucks available, why not? Plus I'd really like to see Pike's Peak in that vein as well. I'm also missing that GP track, (what was is it? Sunset Valley?) I would also like to see a couple more of GP city courses, (like Prague, Long Beach and Rio). I find those to be quite fun. More tracks, more cars. Pretty much the same thing everybody else wants. :D

How about less tracks too? I'm looking at you Top Gear track (about to be demolished to give way to a housing project) and Airfield test track (test what exactly? It's useless and I never go there). Also if COTA is dumped I don't really mind...
Bring back Fujimi Kaido, Camino Viejo and Twin Ring Motegi with night/weather options! :gtpflag:

Yeah, same here. I loved those tracks. And with all the SUV's and trucks available, why not? Plus I'd really like to see Pike's Peak in that vein as well. I'm also missing that GP track, (what was is it? Sunset Valley?) I would also like to see a couple more of GP city courses, (like Prague, Long Beach and Rio). I find those to be quite fun. More tracks, more cars. Pretty much the same thing everybody else wants. :D

More Long Beach type tracks I agree. But not more fantasy tracks like Prague or Rio. Forza 8 should add more real world tracks.

I can name at least 50 tracks I'd want to see before Motegi. It's a terrible track and you should feel bad for liking it.

I can name at least 50 tracks I'd want to see before Motegi. It's a terrible track and you should feel bad for liking it.

Without leaving Japan I'd rather have Fuji, Tsukuba, Aida, and Ibisu, that is just off the top of my head too. Twin Ring is better for Motorcycles than cars so I don't really care if comes back without getting Motorcycles to go with it.

I'm also missing that GP track, (what was is it? Sunset Valley?)
You must be thinking of Sunset Peninsula.

SunsetClublayout.jpg

Due to the porcine looking outline of the club layout I always used to think of it as "the Sunset pig" after that Joni Mitchell song in which she sings "gonna see the folks I dig - I'll even kiss a Sunset pig. California, I'm coming home".

Unfortunately, now that Daytona has been licensed I doubt they'll ever bring back this fictional counterpart.

Historic Tracks and Track Layouts
Since Turn 10 is paying tribute to earlier eras of motorsport, why not add some historic race tracks then? :D
I wouldn't mind seeing the earlier layouts of Spa and Monza for instance. Heck, there's a lot of earlier race tracks I can think of; Riverside Raceway, Detroit Street Circuit (1980s), Nurburgring Classic (Including Sudschliefe), Fuji Speedway (70s-90s layouts), and Greenwood Roadway.

You must be thinking of Sunset Peninsula.

SunsetClublayout.jpg

Due to the porcine looking outline of the club layout I always used to think of it as "the Sunset pig" after that Joni Mitchell song in which she sings "gonna see the folks I dig - I'll even kiss a Sunset pig. California, I'm coming home".

Unfortunately, now that Daytona has been licensed I doubt they'll ever bring back this fictional counterpart.

Yes that's the one, but the more complex GP layout, I do miss the club layout, but not as much as that GP layout.

Here is the Forza 8 wishlist (my version):

Cars in general: Turn Ten has built over 1500 cars over the series' timeline (even including Forza Edition cars), so it may make sense for nearly all 1500+ cars to return to the series. After Horizon 4's lifetime, we could see 150-200 new cars so perhaps we could see around 1750+ cars in Motorsport 8, with Xbox One graphics. Considering that I remember hearing that Turn Ten has built Motorsport 7 from the ground up on PC before the Xbox One X, so having to rebuild any assets (like with the case of how Motorsport 5 turned out) may not be necessary until the new Xbox console (presumably called "Xbox Two" or anything like that). Motorsport 8 could likely be the last Xbox One-era Forza Motorsport game, given that the Xbox One has aged and is slowly becoming ancient, after it had been on the market for nearly five years. And with the case of any car brands missing due to licensing (Horizon 3 had that with Volkswagen and Motorsport 7 with Toyota), hopefully that won't happen again. Of course, Turn Ten could add more variety of every kind of car (from road cars to race cars, rally cars and concepts) within that period, especially that they need more IndyCar, Super GT, GTE, GT3 and the list goes on.

Physics: Forza these days don't seem to care much anymore about realism, and it's about time they should. Maybe if they are able to replicate or get somewhere as near as GT Sport's physics, maybe this can work, but they'll have to use tire compounds similar to GT Sport rather than as an upgrade on cars, like how Forza can name them: (Street, Track and Slicks), as opposed to GT Sport's (Comfort, Sports and Racing).

Visual Customization: Turn Ten can surprise us with more body kit options, wheel styles and other aftermarket parts for several hundred cars, but somehow it would be nice to give the car options for a racing-style cockpit to be implemented, especially when weight reduction upgrades have been installed. That way it can really spice-up the customization in the game. They also need to bring back the rear wing styles from Motorsport 2, 3 and 4 as well, and an ability similar to GT6 and NFS Carbon's "Autosculpt" where you can shape your own rear spoilers.

Livery Editor: I'm hearing that GT Sport's livery editor somehow has more advantages compared to Motorsport 7's livery editor, where in GT Sport you can put decals and banners on windshields and even pre-set driver numbers and names. Forza can do something like this too, and that they better add all the brand decals from the entire series (even those from Motorsport 2).

Accessibility of cars (in general): Back in the older games from Motorsport 3 until Motorsport 6, you can buy almost any car featured in the game for as long as you have enough credits to buy it. In Motorsport 7 though that is a completely different story. They treat cars like Pokemon (having to collect as many as you can) and that you can't buy cars from a higher tier until reaching that tier. Another is that in the career, you can only win prize cars once as opposed to Gran Turismo 4 where you can win a prize car for as many times as you can.

Accessibility of cars (Free Play): It's a good thing that every car in the game can be driven in Arcade (Free Play) mode (unlike GT Sport), but the accessibility, ever since Motorsport 5 wasn't as flexible as the older games. When selecting them, you can't even change the default colors of the cars and you can't even edit or tune their basic set-up if ever. Motorsport 2, 3 and 4 were able to have these, but not anything from Motorsport 5 and later.

Qualifying and Practice: They do need to add this as an option for Free Play, aspects of Career and online, and make it similar to timed races, only that you're preparing for the real thing.

Enhancements to Free Play Mode: Free Play mode is already at its finest in Motorsport 7, but for the new game they will need to add something a little extra: which is Blueprint mode for Free Play where it should be similar to Assetto Corsa's "championship mode" in every way.

Tracks: If Forza has built over 1500 cars throughout every single game, then for the tracks, there are currently 51 environments and over 250 layouts that exist within the series as of now (Motorsport 7 has yet to feature any expansions at the moment), however, with every Forza game since Horizon 2, there have actually been more than one expansion (Horizon 2 having Storm Island and Furious 7, Motorsport 6 having Porsche and NASCAR, and lastly, Horizon 3 having Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels). If this is the case we could see around 55-60 environments and perhaps up to 300 layouts for the game, beating that of Project CARS 2.

Track technology: Motorsport 7 has dynamic weather on selected tracks only, but not dynamic time of day. Although the clouds in the sky move over time, this does not mean otherwise. Motorsport 8 should feature 24-hour dynamic time on all tracks at the very least, but considering Turn Ten has mentioned that there isn't any rain on some tracks in the world, maybe they should keep the dynamic weather on selected tracks only, but 24-hour dynamic time of day should be mandatory on all tracks. Players should also be able to alter settings for time and weather like in Project CARS 2.

Last edited:

Pike's Peak would be great, and it might fit better now that it's all asphalt. Although my Dirt Rally cars have barely survived my Pike's Peak attempts in that game. Forza also had the Rally di Positano course in 4, which I'd like back, so rally-type stages don't seem to be out of the question.

I also really like the city courses--GT3's Route 11 is an all time favorite--and could use more. There was a Sunset Peninsula in Forza 4, which was my first game of the series, so I don't know about early ones.

How about less tracks too? I'm looking at you Top Gear track (about to be demolished to give way to a housing project) and Airfield test track (test what exactly? It's useless and I never go there). Also if COTA is dumped I don't really mind...
Bring back Fujimi Kaido, Camino Viejo and Twin Ring Motegi with night/weather options! :gtpflag:

Good point, I could also stand fewer of the simpler tracks. For instance, I thought the Ladera Test Track in Forza 4 was much better than the Airfield track. I thought the Top Gear track was a fun extra thing, especially with Stig challenges, but I don't care for it as one of the race tracks.

8.) Blueprint Feature in Free Play mode

Honestly, Apart from the huge number of car categories in FH3's blueprint system, FM7 does have far more options in freeplay.
Though I think it would be great to have a Blueprint like system for the career mode. Far too many people on reddit and in the official forum complaining they can't tune there cars because they don't have the creativity to make fun tunes within the homologation restrictions. So the option to race with homologation restrictions or PI Class, More options for race length, maybe some options for Time of day and Weather. Make the "Open series" more open by allowing players to change what tracks are used, create multi-bucket race championships, or just free for all, any car races with only PI limits, basically letting us create full custom championships.

FM7 does have far more options in freeplay.
Yeah, except I still can't choose exactly what cars can participate in an event. There's the car model family option in FM7, but that's limited to only certain car models. I.E. I still can't restrict it to Ford Falcons only.
-----
Tracks brought back from previous Forza Motorsport installments:
The ones I have in mind are Camino Viejo, Sunset Peninsula, Sidewinder Proving Grounds, Sedona Raceway, Alpine Ring, New York Circuit (including the original FM1 layout), Rio (Forza Motorsport 1 Version), and Tokyo Circuit. For Fujimi Kaido, I couldn't care less if that ever returned; I don't like that track at all. I would also ask for Blue Mountain, but that track was basically Mount Panorama. For real world brought backs, I would pick Tsukuba Circuit.

Modernish Tracks I want:
Basically: Monaco (maybe try adding it a similar way that PD and SMS did in their series), Mid Ohio Raceway, Interlagos, Zolder, Zandvoort Circuit, Eurospeedway, Imola, Moscow Raceway, Slovakia Ring, Fuji Speedway and the Stowe Layout of Silverstone. Lastly, some rallycross courses if Turn 10 is determined on keeping the rally cars and trophy trucks in the next installment.

Last edited:
Cars in general: Turn Ten has built over 1500 cars over the series' timeline (even including Forza Edition cars), so it may make sense for nearly all 1500+ cars to return to the series. After Horizon 4's lifetime, we could see 150-200 new cars so perhaps we could see around 1750+ cars in Motorsport 8, with Xbox One graphics. Considering that I remember hearing that Turn Ten has built Motorsport 7 from the ground up on PC before the Xbox One X, so having to rebuild any assets (like with the case of how Motorsport 5 turned out) may not be necessary until the new Xbox console (presumably called "Xbox Two" or anything like that). Motorsport 8 could likely be the last Xbox One-era Forza Motorsport game. And with the case of any car brands missing due to licensing (Horizon 3 had that with Volkswagen and Motorsport 7 with Toyota), hopefully that won't happen again. Of course, Turn Ten could add more variety of every kind of car (from road cars to race cars, rally cars and concepts) within that period, especially that they need more IndyCar, Super GT, GTE, GT3 and the list goes on.
To be honest, that just sounds like extreme overkill. We dont need it heading down the route of the old GT, and I'm sure money can be well spent in other places, to be honest. I'd rather have a multitude of customization options rather than that many vehicles.

Physics: Forza these days don't seem to care much anymore about realism, and it's about time they should. Maybe if they are able to replicate or get somewhere as near as GT Sport's physics, maybe this can work, but they'll have to use tire compounds similar to GT Sport rather than as an upgrade on cars, like how Forza can name them: (Street, Track and Slicks), as opposed to GT Sport's (Comfort, Sports and Racing).
That's actually taking a step backwards in the physics department, not forwards. I'm all for a more intuitive physics system though. They progressive with each iteration, but are a bit conservative with it all the same.

Last edited:
1) Please get rid of the rock soundtrack from FM7 and bring classical music in the style of FM5/FM6 (preferrably the former) back. Licensed music would be an improvement too, but that is probably kept exclusively to the Horizon series so that is a less realistic expectation.

2) Expand Forzathon. The Forzathon concept was nailed in Forza Horizon 3 with prize vehicles that were new to the series, events updated every week and a larger variety of tasks to be completed.

3) Offroading - This one is long overdue. We have plenty of offroad vehicles and even the thumbnails of the Bentley Bentayga and Range Rover SVR showing offroad inspired mods. At this point it just feels like we are being teased.

4) Probably an unpopular request, but I would like some of the Horizon atmosphere to carry over to the Motorsport series, at least for showcase events. Okay, so it doesn't have to go full-on festival with strobe lighting, but the trackside scenery of GRID 2 or Need for Speed ProStreet could give this game a fresh feeling if they decide to re-use all the tracks.

Mid-Ohio, Mos port, St. Petersburg, Barber Motorsports Park (It's on the freaking steering wheel on one of the Indycars), Portland Raceway, The Milwaukee Mile, Gateway Motorsports Complex, Phoenix Raceway Pocono Raceway, etc....

Probably an unpopular request, but I would like some of the Horizon atmosphere to carry over to the Motorsport series, at least for showcase events. Okay, so it doesn't have to go full-on festival with strobe lighting, but the trackside scenery of GRID 2 or Need for Speed ProStreet could give this game a fresh feeling if they decide to re-use all the tracks.
This. I agree that the game could have a more lively feeling. Maybe in the single player campaign we could have full race weekends at the venues with multiple races and a more festive presentation.

2) Expand Forzathon. The Forzathon concept was nailed in Forza Horizon 3 with prize vehicles that were new to the series, events updated every week and a larger variety of tasks to be completed.

This literally got resolved just hours after I posted! :lol:

1) Please get rid of the rock soundtrack from FM7 and bring classical music in the style of FM5/FM6 (preferrably the former) back. Licensed music would be an improvement too, but that is probably kept exclusively to the Horizon series so that is a less realistic expectation.
Bro, FM5 had the worst soundtrack in the entire series, after a while I had to turn it off it was so grating, I don't want opera in a racing game, it didn't help that they had maybe 3 songs total in the game, if anything Forza 4 had the best soundtrack in the series by far.

1. Being able to remove tracks you dislike from being used in career mode. REAL STUFF ONLY crowd gets what they want, I get what I want by removing that one British track.
  2. COURSE CREATOR. Haven't decided on whether to go with a GT5 "randomized within certain perimiters" or GT6 "downloadable app".
  3. More eccentric cars. Since Forza has seemingly ran with Gran Turismo's idea of being a car museum, roll with it. Renault Avantime, Pontiac Aztec, Tucker Torpedo, Fiat's Beast of Turin, etc.
  4. Option between static and animated car selection screens
  5. Absurdly customizable HUD.

Back