Way too early FM8 (?) wishlist

Hello here is my proposal:

- keep up with a car list mixing road and racing car both new and old
- Keep homologation for carreer, keep it optionnal for multi/custom races
- Try and get F1 circuits (canada? Paul ricard)
- Some cars: cadillac el dorado, lambo murcielago R-SV, more 70's F1, more 90's F1, Porsche 911 GT3 race cars (from Fm4), DTM, Super GT
- categories Super formula, Formule renault
- qualifications (with oponents faster than in race like F1 2017 so that you don't do pole easily)
- online sportmanship rating and time penalty for big faults
- WRX cars and tracks (with dirt). A good way to start adding dirt in a limited way.
- possibility to remove/make smaller reinforcement bars on the windshield (think Audi R8 LMS)
- possibility to remove /replace stickers on windshield (think 2017 Porsche 911 RSR very large sticker)
- add engine restrictors to cars with more than 400hp, allow restrictors to drop the power below the homologation restriction. For cars with great engine and crappy handling

- make a new homologation for custom touring cars: i.e a road car fitted with lightweight widebody, and touring car like parts. The category would feature mustangs, camaro, BMW M3, Audi A4, Chrisler 300, some coupe etc... Maybe those cars would be eligible for 2 categories?

- allow to make custom rival events sent to a friend. It would have custom options (car restriction, assists independent of what you used so that you can challenge better or worse drivers). the prize would be a crate you paid (no money in order to prevent the use by gold sellers).

Let me know what you think :)

As for the music, I turn it off in most games as I prefer to pick my own. I doubt many others who like to race while listening to bop and avant-garde jazz.

Regarding more atmosphere and more detailed career mode, I like the idea. I've thought something like a career path starting with solo autocross or rallycross then going to a Spec Miata or 944 Spec type series would be fun, but I suppose a lot of players immediately want the Ferrari option. (Well, to keep realism a player could start out with a lot of credits, immediately get a "gentleman racer" spot in a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or similar, cause a lot of accidents, return to the paddock, brag about his yacht, and avoid the special-counsel-appointed auditor. Okay, maybe not.)

Less cars, more quality...One of my favorite racing games of all time is the original Need for Speed on the PS1. The cars in that game had digitized characteristics of their real life counterparts as if the dev team actually spent time behind the wheel.

Porsche 911 had an amazing case of mid corner snap over-steer
NSX was perfectly neutral, but underpowered
512TR perfectly balanced for the time, adequately powered
Diablo Ridiculous AWD Launch, understeery, high top end
Corvette Balanced FR layout, adequately powered
OG Viper FR Layout w/ snap over-steer
RX7 Balanced FR layout, but underpowered
Supra balanced FR layout, slightly underpowered

With all that said, I'd prefer FM8 to contain 250-300 licenced cars w/ different trim levels and actual handling characteristics for example:
2019 Camaro (2.0T, 3.6, SS, SS1LE, ZL1)
2019 Mustang (2.3T, 5.0 GT, GT Track Pack, GT350)
2019 Civic (SI, Type R, Touring, etc)

Limit the super/hypercars to the main players(Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Audi, Koennigseigg, Pagani, Mclaren) And last but not least...no more oddballs, 3 wheelers, Warthogs, trophy trucks, ATVs, Off-Road SUVs (keep the suped up on road SUVs).

Man I kind of hope they completely redo it. I’m a huge Forza fan, but I’m extremely burnt out on the series. I really hit the wall on 7. I haven’t played it in several months. I really need to get back on and try some of the cars that I haven’t used yet. There needs to be something different, I don’t know what that it is. It’s not just Forza though, I’m burnt out on all racing games.

Yesterday Phil Spencer announced that Microsoft acquired Playground Games for their list of first-party publishers, and that along with T10 will report (on equal footing I presume) directly to Alan Hartman. How do you think this affects the next Motorsports game? Do you think T10 is on alert to maintain its top-dog status among all other first-party publishers? I hope so!

My wish: Turn 10 should deliver a PC version of the game that takes advantage of the power of your machine. As of now, FM7 looks like it was just ported to PC. You can tell that in so many areas the PC could push the visuals further as in reflections, shadows, ambient occlusion, car models. It would make the game feel more vibrant. It can feel really bland at times.
I get why they did not give us these extra visuals, because they don't want the game to look much better on the PC, but still, it's a shame. Also the tracks feel very flat, the surface feels so super smooth. I get no excitement whatsoever from driving on the Nordschleife compared to Assetto Corsas feeling for example.
And i also hope they fix the poor intensity of light sources, such as rear lights, brake lights and headlights. At times cars seem to have lights switched off during rain or night. It looks odd. They should take an example from GT Sport or Forza Horizon 3+4. That's how you make car lights look nice. And what is with these almost matte lacques on cars at times? Did they forget to add the reflection textures?
Other than that, yeah, please trash that homologation system

Simply put, FM7 feels hampered by the weak console hardware on the XB1 and their wish to make it native 4k on the One X.
As someone said earlier: Probably the 8th iteration of the game will not be that much different as the jumps from 5 to 6 to 7 were not really big. For a generational leap in graphics and physics we probably will have to wait for the new machines in 2020 or so
I also think that they are holding back since part 5 for some features, like rain (came with part 6), then dynamic weather (came part 7) and probably we will get dynamic time of day then in part 8.
Though, i feel that for implementing these features they had to cut down in some aspects of the graphical fidelity. For example the vegetation, lighting and the shadows looked better when everything (weather and time of day) was static.

Last edited:
please trash that homologation system

Please no! Currently it is not mandatory in free play and multi, but I do adore this feature :)

it makes races look like real races:
imagine driving a 60's F1 with sedans, coupe and SUV (all CAT A) that's much less interesting that having a replica of an old F1 race with an all 60's F1 grid.
Also cars that are not all round efficient would have no use without homologation. Formula E, Old F1, even touring cars with limited top speed, heavy luxury cars etc...

Homologation also keep cars in their original performance category, so driving them is closer to the original than having a CAT R subaru BRZ. Or a full aero formula Ford (which real purpose is to not have aero).

Right now it's not mandatory so it's just bonus for more immersive races.

Right now it's not mandatory so it's just bonus for more immersive races.

It is mandatory if you want to have certain class races. For example, i can not choose "Sport GT" class and then drive the car that i want in stock condition. I am forced to homologate the car so that all cars have the same level. But i don't necessarily want that. I want to race, say, the weaker Carrera Turbo S vs the stronger 488 GTB. I want it to be my decision (at least in the free play section) whether or not i accept the power differences between the cars or not. Also i would welcome the possibility to choose the cars i want to race against, like pick them one by one, just as in Assetto Corsa for example. Customize the grid.
I am and never have been a fan of tuning except fiddling with the details like gear ratios, cambers etc. I drive all cars in stock condition as far as the game allows me to. Even in Forza Horizon :) - I don't do anything to these cars, not even better tyres.

Last edited:
Ok, I can admit they could remove the lower limit of the homologation: I think that is tyre type. So that you can race car in stock version.
You can always run the car stock by removing homologation (free play), but you loose the class type.

I think that you want to fine tune homologation, not remove it. Because removing it would look like online races: a mishmash of various car with the same performance level, but nothing else in common.

Yes sure, it's fine with me if they fine tune it. I just don't want to have, at least not in free play, the feeling that i am forced by the system to do certain things. More so if i see how other games handle that very well and give me the freedom to customize my races the way i like it.

One of the things that has NEVER been offered in any of the Racing games to this point, is the feature I would most like to see in FM8. I do like very much, the ability to upgrade and customize cars. But when most cars are fully upgraded, the handling just doesn't perform well. What I would like, is the ability to take a normal car, and turn it into a GT racer. In FM7 there are a few cars that do almost that. The Cadillac ATS-V Forza Edition, the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Forza Edition, and the 1992 Honda NSX with the Rocket Bunny body kit. The body kits offer better handling and stability, but just not tight enough like their GT counter-parts. I'm not saying I would want this feature for every car. Because, realistically it's probably not feasible, license-wise. I love Forza Motorsport, and I prefer the track based racing aspect of it, as opposed to the open world racing of Forza Horizon. That's just my opinion. But I think that customizable feature really plays well into what Forza Motorsport, to me, is really all about. More cars, more tracks, more customization, equals more racing fun.

So basically the "Works" idea that was in NFS: Shift, or the Racing Mods from previous Gran Turismos?

I played most of the NFS titles, but stopped before Shift. And the same with the GT series, I played on PS2 and then switched to Xbox. So I am unfamiliar with what you're referencing, but I think you get what I was saying.

Shift allowed you to upgrade your bone stock ride through various stages ultimately culminating in some sort of silhouette-esque full on racecar with a widebody, reworked suspension/engine and complete roll cage. Each stage had different interior customization as well, like racing seats and different gauges and steering wheels. The idea was really good but the execution was ultimately not very good, bordering on extremely poor.

There's so much T10 can improve upon and change up for Forza 8 but the biggest thing is this, THEY HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEIR FANBASE AND STOP BEING LAZY AT TIMES! That's all there is to it so let's see,
- car list could definitely be trimmed down by the hundreds. I think we can be happy and have a well functioning game with a roster between 300-400 ROAD AND TRACK TYPE CARS. If they don't plan on adding off-road or rally moving forward then they can stop with the trucks and off road type vehicles. It makes no sense and it's taking up nearly a third of the 770+ car roster
- add more race cars especially from different divisions such as super GT, touring cars, LMP, f1 and Hill climb... which brings me to my next point...
- the addition of more race types would be nice like Hill climb for sure ( providing they have full licensed access) , bring back point to point, improve autocross, and why not try to take a stab at rallycross or an equivalent for once I mean you guys are 13 years and 8 games in....it's getting repetitive with the same ol drag and circuit racing.
- more tracks would definitely be welcomed. While the 32 we have now is decent there are still many more they can add especially their ties with imsa, all we need is just 2 more from that series Belle isle and mid Ohio what's the hold up... Bring back a few good oldies like fujimi kaido circuit and all, new York and just more real world tracks in general. It would be nice to see Forza 8s track roster pushing 40+..
- upgrades and tuning needs an overhaul especially with engine swaps and allow us to do tuning for the cars computer like map, boost, fueling etc...
- all we need is one forza Vista not 2, that track side one can go and in it's place give us more home spaces you guys did this well in Forza 4 then what happened :odd::confused:
- more tracks hell ALL tracks could use some kind of weather or night version. Dubai at night would be awesome, Prague with rain and night would be awesome, bernise Alps at night would be awesome, road America with rain would be awesome...they can hit every track with more than just the murky dark overcast skies we have now...
- improve lighting
- car sounds need to be done all over with the vast majority of them, why the heck does half the Ferraris sound so bland when in real life they are the best sounding besides lambos..and then there's the aventadors that sound plain weird..fix it T10 I know you guys realize this already smh
- homologation should be optional, period!
- fix the ai...big time. Sometimes they give a good fair race, other times they are dumb and will play way too dirty either crashing into me or spinning me off track or braking for no reason and then there's the first corner pile up...needs to be fixed and overhauled!
- and I will end it here, for the love of God please don't release FM 8 with a ton of bugs like you guys did for FM 7

Last edited:
@Dsavage27
super agree with everything you just said and then some.
for me personally the biggest construction sites for FM8 should be the lighting, the technical state of the game at release and the dynamic time of day and weather for ALL tracks as well as the AI.
i really dont mind their physics as they just are what they are and i got accustomed to them although i prefer AC or PC2 more in that aspect. but it is unacceptable that Turn10 with their resources and man power can pull off 700+ cars and well over 30 tracks but can't get it together so that 24 cars dont end up doing a destruction derby within the few hundred meters of a race and dont kick out the player's car. i just don't get it.

Edit: I just don't see all these things really happening. After they got the title of most appealing mass market sim-cade game away from Gran Turismo with Forza Motorsport 4 it feels that the iterations 5,6 and 7 are just them (Turn10) being complacent and not really putting more effort in the games than needs to be in order to have here and there small new things in order to justify another iteration every other year. There is just no competition for them. All other racing games are either way smaller in terms of content and car count, look worse and/or are way more specific (GT Sport) and appeal to a smaller audience. So why should they even care to listen to their community. :/

Last edited:
Please have an option to hide the walls. Get realistic penalties or whatever you gotta do. Please ditch the walls.

Fix dirty laps, especially when you get/give a bit of air from/to an AI car. I'm assuming that's why the lap turns dirty when you get near them at all.

Make a dedicated time trial mode with proper sector times.

Online rankings for not wrecking everyone.

More AI cars, up to 60 for Le Mans. They're just robots driving around keeping the same distances apart anyway.

Make all of the weather adjustable, why not rain/night everywhere?

AI is terrible, especially with the straight line speed. Lack of variability in ability/skill. They'd all run evenly spaced out if you'd let them.

Qualifying for career mode and a practice/tune mode that gives credit. In game saves, why isn't this an option?

More tracks in reverse layout. More historic tracks, Spa, Monza, Hockenheim, Silverstone, and Imola. More current F1 tracks- Baku, Russia, China, Hungary, Interlagos, and Red Bull Ring.

Indycar tracks such as Alabama, St. Petersburg, Texas, and Pocano. Most can double as NASCAR tracks.

Last edited:
Back