WDS 15: A Blind Challenge Pro D1GP section - Results In!

• Thread starter Suzuki
  • 62 comments

Your Picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And also, and I am not sure if this is discussed here. If you use the roof or "bumper" cam. I think it can worsen your drift. For the fact that when you are drifting in real life you look pretty much in the direction of the turn. Just as the wheels usually are pointing to. I mean drivers dont look straight ahead you know what I mean. So it kind of limits your visibility and angle. So the best way to drift mostly I think is chase view. but thats just my opinion. Hope I can help.

And btw, I cant take this corner every run, so dont worry if your messin up a little bit.

what controller are you using....drifting with dfp in chase cam is horrific...ds2 i understand...If you stare at the very side of the screen in fpv you can see where you need to go...unless your angle is absurd.

Hopefully everyone that tries this section can see why the pros are pros. Good luck

what controller are you using....drifting with dfp in chase cam is horrific...ds2 i understand...If you stare at the very side of the screen in fpv you can see where you need to go...unless your angle is absurd.

Hopefully everyone that tries this section can see why the pros are pros. Good luck

Actually I am using the stock controller. Sad I know. Please don't make fun. I haven't got the money right now to buy the dfp. If I had the dfp I would probably be using the roof cam also. I sometimes use it to get a different perspective and feel. Usually they both work fine, I just use the one that feels the best.

Actually I am using the stock controller. Sad I know. Please don't make fun. I haven't got the money right now to buy the dfp. If I had the dfp I would probably be using the roof cam also. I sometimes use it to get a different perspective and feel. Usually they both work fine, I just use the one that feels the best.

Dont wrry bro, im the same way,can't afford a DFP right now :nervous:

but id probly just stay with DS2

DS2 fo LIFE fOol!

geez this is a tricky lil one...i seem to have the bioggest pain getting enough speed to drift through the first bend in to the first actual corner...finding the right spot seems to be the way to go...:crazy:

geez this is a tricky lil one...i seem to have the bioggest pain getting enough speed to drift through the first bend in to the first actual corner...finding the right spot seems to be the way to go...:crazy:

Thats the problem I'm having.

I'll be sure to still get a vid in though.

Count me in. I've done this area some weeks ago when I saw the Option Video, and it's quite hard to follow the real life lines.

Good luck to all.

yeah, i agree with sheron, it is quite hard to get the real life lines, and its not because we dont have a clutch. the tires dont have enough forward push if you know what i mean. i can get follow the line all the way to the second corner, but cant make it to the third because i need more push when i accel to get away from the corner and to setup for the next corner.
but it can be done.

the tires dont have enough forward push

That's it.
I call "stopping drift" when tyres are crazy spinning and don't push forward the car. That's one of the few regrets I have about GT4 (other regrets: massive understeer and silly AI).

i've linked all the corners but i haven't put in a run i would call worthy of the comp and i am going on holidays this weekend, so i am officially flunking out of this comp too(starting to feel like i'm back at school)...i found that with a bit more speed than what i'd say most of us are goin into the corner with, i believe is the key to this one as i found once you get the speed to initiate the drift before the top crest then the rest seems to flow really nice but it may have just been the car, but i have also noticed alot of entrants 'show drift'(pretty sure it is opposite-lock or something along those lines) getting the big 'flick' as i call it, where my style is called either feint or power-oversteer, where i use the power to and a lil trick ihave to give any car that i have tried it on huge over-steer which i agree with sheron that they bodged it somewhat in the game....but thats just my 2 cents...

Sorry if this seems like ranting i've been drinking all night and haven't slept yet and it's like 9am here

That's it.
I call "stopping drift" when tyres are crazy spinning and don't push forward the car. That's one of the few regrets I have about GT4 (other regrets: massive understeer and silly AI).

thats not what i was talking about. it all has to do with the tire physics. when your sideways its not pushing the car forward as much as it does in real life. like, the lateral grip of the tires is good, but the longitudinal grip doesn't match the lateral grip, and thats why we dont have enough forward push.
stalling during a drift sucks too.(thats what your talking about)
i hope the fix all of this in gt5.

thats not what i was talking about. it all has to do with the tire physics. when your sideways its not pushing the car forward as much as it does in real life. like, the lateral grip of the tires is good, but the longitudinal grip doesn't match the lateral grip, and thats why we dont have enough forward push.
stalling during a drift sucks too.(thats what your talking about)
i hope the fix all of this in gt5.

hopefully it will get fixed.

voting will be up soon. just waiting for a pm from 2 people.
edit2:
oh well, it was my first 'day'. mistakes happen and are noted. in the meantime i will post up the next WDS.
ok, i figured out how to add a poll finally. but i had a few things going on at once which took my attention away from the poll page, then i forgot to check the spelling on the tags. :dunce:

double post yeah i know. but since swift fixed my error(thanks a ton!) i can remove the videos from my post to unclutter this thread a little.

To much bs here. The host make rules but can't even follow them....Videos with not all the intros playing out. Wrong starting spots. Either enforce your rules or don't have any...

Video # 3 isnt showing up on the poll, but i know it works. so here it is once again.

so arti, what, do you want to compete against 3 people? because the majority of the videos i got were nearly last minute. remember, this isnt a serious competition, it is for fun. so why dont you chill out and have some(fun that is)? if you dont like it, you can participate in other competitions... oh wait, there are none. because no one participates. and from what i would guess, it is because of all of the rules. so either quit complaining, or move on.

Video # 3 isnt showing up on the poll, but i know it works. so here it is once again.

so arti, what, do you want to compete against 3 people? because the majority of the videos i got were nearly last minute. remember, this isnt a serious competition, it is for fun. so why dont you chill out and have some(fun that is)? if you dont like it, you can participate in other competitions... oh wait, there are none. because no one participates. and from what i would guess, it is because of all of the rules. so either quit complaining, or move on.

Nicely handled Suzuki.👍

I'm not trying to be the bad guy. Don't make rules like you must show fast forward then...Compitions are suppose to be fair and fun, and if people don't want to play by the rules it becomes neither fun nor fair.

All in all I'm saying, don't make a rule you don't want to follow so everyone has a fair chance. Sorry if you don't like my opinion.

Latest Posts

Back