WDS: Week 10 - Special Edition -- Results Posted!!!

Please select your TWO (2) favourite videos.

• Video 2 [youtube]cO8mDmv6Gug[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 3 [youtube]28nRxmZ8fvQ[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
wdsbanner2nl9.jpg

Weekly Drift Series - Week 10
Special Edition
Theme and location by Ske, approved by BL

Rules/Structure:[
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the youtube link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.
Polling Rules:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • There will be two Honourable Mentions each week:
    • The entrant who won the right to pick the theme/location.
    • The entrant who won the previous WDS event.
    If clips are submitted by these individuals, they will be placed in a special HM's section of this post, and will not be placed in the poll.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

WDS10-AutumnRingMini.jpg

This WDS is slightly different from the last 9 - mostly because it has a few more corners. But, at some point or another the fun part of Autumn Ring had to be done...

So here's what's happening:
I'm approving the inclusion the technical section of AR Mini, despite the fact that there are more than the customary 3 turns. Reason: if done well it is just like drifting 3 turns

I'm calling this week a 'Special Edition' to deflect any criticism for tip-toeing outside some guidelines I set in September.
You're gonna do it, and you're gonna like it :mischievous:

Oh, and I appologize for the butchered map. I could not find a wireframe for Autumn Ring Mini, so I had to improvise a little and draw the shortcut myself. Things are not quite to scale, but I think it's still effective.

First 7 apexes of Autumn Ring Mini-Reverse.

Theme:
Any car with an output (after your tuning is complete) of 300hp or less. there is to be no tire staggering - meaning you must use the same tire compound front and rear.

Please show the text at the start of your run, ...y'know the one that says the car, the power, the front/rear tires. Please change your units to display power in HP.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, December 2nd.

Entrants:
Boundary Layer
360-D1
SammiTougeGirl
Geoff
Sheron
DG5 DRIFTER
Suzuki -HM
Swift - no entry
dking
LGforce - withdrew
~Drift King~
H_S2000
Drift2XS

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Honourable Mentions:
This week's Honourable Mentions are:
  • Week 7 & 9 Winner - Ske
  • By personal request - Suzuki

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results:

Code:
1st  Video 5  - Boundary Layer     11 Votes
---  Video 7  - dking              11 Votes
XXX  Video 11 - DD                 10 Votes
3rd  Video 8  - H_S2000            5 Votes
4th  Video 1  - Geoff              3 Votes
---  Video 6  - Sheron             3 Votes
---  Video 10 - SammiTougeGirl     3 Votes
7th  Video 4  - Drift2XS           2 Votes
8th  Video 9  - 360-D1             1 Vote
9th  Video 2  - ~Drift King~       0 Votes
---  Video 3  - DG5 Drifter        0 Votes

Stats:

WDS10stats.JPG

If anyone haven't done this section before (which I somehow doubt), the tricky bits are the 1st apex and the line through apexes 5 and 6. If you're having problems, my bet is that this is where your line needs to be adjusted ;)

I'll probably sit this one out

Whoa, 7 corners. I was wondering when this section was going to come up. Hopefully I can make it through all of it and try and link it all. :scared: Ske, how can you not enter. You haven't missed a WDS since it started. Won't be the same without you buddy. :)

Whoa, 7 corners. I was wondering when this section was going to come up. Hopefully I can make it through all of it and try and link it all. :scared: Ske, how can you not enter. You haven't missed a WDS since it started. Won't be the same without you buddy. :)

he probably will join since his like the best drifter

sign me up also please.
are there clipping points and certain amount of speed you're looking for?

The public's judging this series, so do it any way you feel is best. Clipping apexes and carrying speed is a good way to impress, though ;)

I was almost linking all those corners in a modded EVO VIII GSR the other night, but it doesn't meet the entry requirements, damn. :ouch: Tried last night in a few cars that did, finding it difficult. Looks like it is gonna take me awhile to get this one. :dopey:

he probably will join since his like the best drifter

Maybe he is not gonna enter so someone else has a chance of winning, :sly: he is just too good. :D

I was almost linking all those corners in a modded EVO VIII GSR the other night, but it doesn't meet the entry requirements, damn. :ouch: Tried last night in a few cars that did, finding it difficult. Looks like it is gonna take me awhile to get this one. :dopey:

Maybe he is not gonna enter so someone else has a chance of winning, :sly: he is just too good. :D

and there are several others that are just as good as him.
i think ive already found my car, just trying to work out some issues with vid capture now, trying to change some things with it at the moment.

This comes slightly out of left field, but:
I've decided from this point on that if there are people ineligible to win (due to a recent prior win) their video will not be placed in the poll. Instead I'll put it into an honourable mentions section in the first post.

This will ensure that all votes cast are meaningful, and it should help spread the wins around a little more.

Your vid will be eligible to enter the poll if:
  • you did not win the last event
  • you were not the one to pick the theme and location
Basically, if you win in Week A you can enter Week C as a normal entrant, but for Week B and D you'll be in the HM's.

So this week, the HM's are Ske (for having won in week 7 and getting to pick this week's theme) and whoever ends up winning in week 9...
I'm not sure who that's gonna be yet... it's a tight battle between 3 or 4 vids.

Another quick idea...

I made up a spreadsheet that will track average results over the past 6 events. Here's how it looks:

stats_test.jpg

HM stands for honourable mention. For an explanation on those, read two posts up.

Rows in blue indicate participation in less than 3 of the past 6 events. I don't view that as enough activity to effectively measure performance with this table.
Stay out of the blue! Participate regularly! :sly:

The final column shows your average finish position relative to the average computed the week prior. On this table it is comparing the average position from week 3 to 8 to your average position in week 2 through 7.
Basically... just keep the cell green and the number negative: that indicates improvement. Red cells and positive numbers indicate your position has gotten worse.

It should be noted that the results are highly dependent upon the number of clips submitted each week. As a result, this can't be called an official leaderboard, or anything like that.

Anyways, is posting something like this at the start of each week useful to anyone? Or am I just wasting time?

very cool BL.

I think this is a very good idea as it allows us to see how we stand and if we improve or not.👍

its intresting to say the least. it could be useful, but not everyone has a trained eye to tell what makes a video good and what makes one not so good.
i need to see about my video now...

For the sake of this event, please display power units in HP, just so we are all on the same page.

Reason? GT4 does not convert units precisely. Apparently the caged monkeys at PD couldnt decide on a single engineering power conversion resource to use.
For more on this topic, please view the following thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60076

300 HP, if shown at the start of the replay, will be permitted. I have a feeling that if 300PS is shown at the start of the replay, you are slightly over the limit.

I guess I'm not gonna raise a huge stink about it if you already have the run saved, but if you have just tuned the car and are about to go do some runs, please change your units to HP and detune slightly if necessary.

Back