WDS: Week 5 - Autumn Breeze -- RESULS POSTED -- NEW WINNER!!!

Please select your TWO (2) favourite clips.

• Video 1 - [YOUTUBE]X2od9vpNQkA[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 8 - [YOUTUBE]V5yPzYVfywI[/YOUTUBE]

• Video 9 - [YOUTUBE]bgSSA143F8I[/YOUTUBE]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
wdsbanner2nl9.jpg

Weekly Drift Series - Week 5
Autumn Breeze
Theme and location by Geoff, title suggested by Swift

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.

Polling Rules
:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS. Also, if you win on a week where you chose the theme/location, I'll let the second place finisher have their pick for a future week.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

WDS5-AutumnRing.jpg

Please begin capturing somewhere after the underpass. End the capture on the Autumn Ring Mini pit straight.

Theme:
Any Japanese car with an FR drivetrain from 2000 and earlier.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Monday, October 23rd. EXTENDED

Entrants:
Ske
~Drift King~
360-D1
Geoff
GEETOWN_DRIFTER
Sheron
Swift
LGforce
TRi
RoadsterDrifter
dj_supra
ChampCarFan
akina_speedstar
Boundary Layer
Drift2XS

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

I'm in... this is a challenge if I ever saw one :)

I've only once managed to link those two turns, how am I gonna be able to using the DFP? I like it!

Im in,

Like Ske said, ive only done it very few times and i have already recorded but its a MR.

This week will truly show skill.

i' m in too of course but it' s not gonna be easy :) :crazy:
i' ve nothing already recorded for this but i guess it' s going to take many kilometers :scared:

good luck to all ! :)

yup, they're some good turns.

The first two rights are very linkable, but you can probably get yourself into trouble by being too agressive on the first apex. I'm not sure what people are gonna do on the uphill to the hairpin though.

I think these few corners should bring out people's creativity. Good selection.

The first two rights are very linkable, but you can probably get yourself into trouble by being too agressive on the first apex. I'm not sure what people are gonna do on the uphill to the hairpin though.

That's what I meant, I have linked turn 2 to the hairpin only one time in my life :scared:... I would assume this one needs a powerhouse of a car to pull through gracefully.

The first apex is definitely VERY important in this section, as is the second if you wanna link to the hairpin. It's very tempting to go all sideways by turn 2 but this time I gotta think ahead :P

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

heh heh, my thought on the title :sly:

I'll give this one a shot and see what I come up with :)

wow, Swift is in -- this is unheard of.

Good stuff 👍👍

That puts all remaining IDM-er's into this one, provided I give myself time to make some runs next Friday+Saturday

Whoa, looks like there are going to be some killer entry's for this week. I would like to enter, but I don't have the time. My grandad passed away and I will be gone the next few days attending his funeral. :(

Good Luck to everyone that enters, I might make my return in next weeks WDS. :)

Im having Problems, not even with the corners, my DFP is spastic. The Gas Keeps giving out, then i have to keep mashing the throttle until it gets started again.

I'm sorry to hear that Drift2XS. Best wishes to your family.

@RoadsterDrifter:
as long as you are able to capture your replays then yes you can. Be sure to give the rules a thorough read to make sure your entry is valid. If you have any questions feel free to post them.
If you haven't already, it might be worth your while to have a look at one of the previous weeks of the WDS just to see how it all works, and get some idea of the video format.

I just updated the entrants list with LGforce, TRi, and RoadsterDrifter - I took your comments to mean that you were entering. If not just let me know.

Man, this is a tough section. Aside from the turnabout itself, it's the hardest section. Any chance we can switch it up? :sly:

i cant say ill be turning in an entry this week, this section has never been one that i have liked.
but i will say good luck to everyone.

Do you guys want a demo, i have one but its with an NSX and i didnt link the last hairpin.

And its a tough one, i need to fool around with my DFP to try to get it to behave. Ill be in the middle of the first turn, cuts out, regain just to keep car on track then, cuts out again. So Frustrating

I'm sorry to hear that Drift2XS. Best wishes to your family.

Thanks BL, means a lot. I don't really believe it, but my Nana has also passed away. Very tough time for my family. I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied on other things. Really enjoy looking on this site.

Good Luck to everyone that enters. Looking forward to seeing the final results. :)

NO

hehe. Suck it up. :sly:

Geoff and I spent enough time discussing various locations already.

I was of course joking mang. Well, about switching it up, NOT about the difficulty of said section.

I think he means it takes what he hasn't got. In other words, he can't do it yet.

If that's true, then it's REALLY weak to pick a section for everyone else that you're not able to drift yourself. I can understand the challenge factor and all. But I wouldn't ask others to do what I'm not able to do yet. Just my opinion.

that's not how it happened. Geoff came at me with 3 different suggestions. One was the dual rights and I thought that was the best of the three - then I suggested adding the hairpin as well, to up the ante.

Back