WDS: Week 5 - Autumn Breeze -- RESULS POSTED -- NEW WINNER!!!

Please select your TWO (2) favourite clips.

• Video 1 - [YOUTUBE]X2od9vpNQkA[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 8 - [YOUTUBE]V5yPzYVfywI[/YOUTUBE]

• Video 9 - [YOUTUBE]bgSSA143F8I[/YOUTUBE]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that's not how it happened. Geoff came at me with 3 different suggestions. One was the dual rights and I thought that was the best of the three - then I suggested adding the hairpin as well, to up the ante.

Ok. It's still tough!!! Seriously, I'm trying to figure out how to link the dual rights. it's such a sharp exit and fairly shallow. I'll keep working at it. I'm getting pretty good at the "turn around" corner though :)

For the record:
There's no rule saying that you must link the entire section. Seems to me that people are misunderstanding this (of course if you can, then 👍).

I thought the hairpin would be interesting addition to Geoff's selection to get peoples 'creativity flowing. I also figured that it might be necessary to act as some sort of a tie-break, since I was predicting about 90% of the entrants would make the dual-right link. Maybe that's not the case though, now that I hear the reaction - I'm kind of suprised.

For the record:
There's no rule saying that you must link the entire section. Seems to me that people are misunderstanding this (of course if you can, then 👍).

I thought the hairpin would be interesting addition to Geoff's selection to get peoples 'creativity flowing. I also figured that it might be necessary to act as some sort of a tie-break, since I was predicting about 90% of the entrants would make the dual-right link. Maybe that's not the case though, now that I hear the reaction - I'm kind of suprised.

I understand the logic behind it all. It's just harder then I remember/expected.

I'll try again tonight to see what I can't do. It certainly is a big challenge.

Dang, you guys really did well on that one. I remember it now. That was some of the best drifting I've seen on this site to date.

All of you that pulled of that link so easily...well let's just say you'll find a surprise the next time you try to log in. :mischievous: :sly:

Anyone looking for a little inspiration, or some help might want to consult the GTPDC4 vids here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72631
You will need an xvid codec to play the vids sent in from Ske and myself.

Ske, TD, and myself all hit the dual apex in our vids (Suzuki and Geekz may have as well, I can't remember)
...I still say that I had TD beat. ;)

nope i didnt.
if i did, i might be in this one. but this just isnt a friendly corner for me.

I'm still trying...

I'm figuring that I NEED to link the double rights. Without that my video would be rather weak. I'm also getting good at the last hairpin :)

I'm still trying...

I'm figuring that I NEED to link the double rights. Without that my video would be rather weak. I'm also getting good at the last hairpin :)

yeah. if you dont link them, i wouldnt bother submitting a video because the 2 people that do link them, they will take the win.
but keep working on it, im sure you can get it.

BL do you have a prob with me catching the vid with my digital cam??? because i dont have an Action Replay/ Max if not i will enter

BL do you have a prob with me catching the vid with my digital cam??? because i dont have an Action Replay/ Max if not i will enter

If you have seen the videos from previous weeks you'd see that roughly half all all entries are recorded on a digital camera. So, I'll add you to the entrants list then. 👍

Oh, and an AR MAX is not a video capturing device, it is primarily a file transferring device. They have nothing to do with any of this.

My DFP is shot, the problem is some calebration issues.
But i am working on a run with the Ds2, already have been able to link the first 2 corners but i messed up on the hairpin.

yeah. if you dont link them, i wouldnt bother submitting a video because the 2 people that do link them, they will take the win.
but keep working on it, im sure you can get it.

Thanks for the encouragement 👍

My DFP is shot, the problem is some calebration issues.
But i am working on a run with the Ds2, already have been able to link the first 2 corners but i messed up on the hairpin.

Well then, you've got me beat :) ...for right now. :sly:

Final day to get your clip in. I only have 3 so far. Let's go guys!

I'm gonna have my first go at it tomorrow. Expect to see me in the poll there somewhere.

I hope I get another chance at it today. But it doesn't look promising. :(

No Affence to anyone...cause im really amazed by how much trouble this corner is giving everyone, I got it on my second lap....i really hope u all get it cause i wanna see what everybody can Do:)

crap. I just got an email from a classmate saying that my design group has to get together today to work on an assignmant. :yuck: Looking unlikely that I'll get an entry in now. I was expecting to have the afternoon off.

crap. I just got an email from a classmate saying that my design group has to get together today to work on an assignmant. :yuck: Looking unlikely that I'll get an entry in now. I was expecting to have the afternoon off.

Same here. Had a wedding to go to that I didn't know I was going to. :dunce: So I had no time as well. Pretty weak actually.

I couldn't get that link but I got the turnaround just fine. :dopey: Most annoying.

Due to the lack of entries thus far, some unforseen running-around I had to do today (and will have to do tomorrow), and at Ske's special request, I'm pushing the deadline for this one back until 23:59.59 GMT-6:00, Monday October 23rd. (2 day extension)

The poll will be posted on Tuesday.

WDS 6 will be posted at the normal time (with a surprise).

hey guys any recommended video editing software that i can put the vids together with?

EDIT: i found one and i am uploading video to youtube now :D

Im in,

disclaimer: im a a bit of an idiot because i havent been drifting for more than three weeks, so in no way do i even imagine that my drift will come close to all other entrants.

All in all i was just trying to give it a go, and see if i could make something of it. First time recording myself as well!!:indiff:

Thanks to BL for your help with the camera angle issue!!!

^ No problem. :)

Ske, you'll be pleased to hear that I spent an hour just now getting my run done. I'm recording and editting now.

👍

--Edit--
Okay, my clip is rendered and done. I'm a little nevous because it was a quick job, and I kinda feel like I half-assed it because I spend next to no time on my setup :nervous: ...but it will be interesting to see how it holds up against the rest of yas.

So, with my clip, that brings the total so far up to 10, and the number of IDM-ers up to 3. Swift - where are ya at?

Back