WDS: Week 9 - A Japanese Opera -- Results Posted

Please select your TWO (2) favourite videos.

• Video 2 [youtube]h7ogm4sXhwU[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 5 [youtube]RxMM2mDlfHM[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
wdsbanner2nl9.jpg

Weekly Drift Series - Week 9
A Japanese Opera
Theme and location by Suzuki

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the youtube link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.

Polling Rules
:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS. Also, if you win on a week where you chose the theme/location, I'll let the second place finisher have their pick for a future week.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

WDS9-OperaParis.jpg

Final three turns of Opera Paris. It's a left-right-left for a change, instead of a section with dual-apex.

Theme:
PAY ATTENTION HERE!!!
You may use any Japanese car. The only modifications you are allowed to make to it are to the tires, a chassis refresh, and an oil change - except for those three things no parts may be changed, no upgrades or enhancements may be bought.
Japanese Tuner cars are permitted, but further modification is not allowed.

This theme relies heavily on the honour system. I hope you all know how to play nice. ;)
edit: It's been requested by Suzuki that there be no tire staggering either.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, November 25th.

Entrants:
Boundary Layer
GTPT|SmOke
Suzuki
~Drift King~
Ske

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Results:
Code:
1st -- Video 7  - Ske                10 Votes
XXX -- Video 8  - Suzuki             8 Votes [HM]
2nd -- Video 6  - H_S2000            7 Votes
XXX -- Video 3  - Sheron             5 Votes [HM]
3rd -- Video 4  - TRi                2 Votes
4th -- Video 1  - Drft2Xs            1 Vote
5th -- Video 2  - LGforce            0 Votes
--- -- Video 5  - Boundary Layer     0 Votes

Suzuki and Sheron are X'd out for being this week's HM's. I'm sorry for any confusion that stems around this point, but it's part of the implementation of the new Honourable Mentions idea I posted in WDS 10. Sheron was awarded the win in WDS8, and Suzuki selected the theme/location for WDS9.

Anyways, Ske has his pick for week 12.

Statistics:

WDS9stats.JPG

The big mover in WDS9 was H_S2000. He improved his 6 week average by 0.67 and managed to take advantage of my 0.5 avg position drop to knock me out of 4th place among active runners. 👍

...and before anyone complains, just be open minded. This one is not hard.

Honestly, there isn't a single (modern) FR or MR that isn't competitive. You don't have to use a tuner car.

seeing as how i picked the theme, of course im in.
but for this week i would like to see no tire staggering. IE no n3 front n1 rear. im wanting to test everyones stock car drifting capabilities with no mixing of tires. if i can do this section in a stock 200 hp fc on n2's, then im sure just about every car is doable with some work.
and for you guys that are broke in the game, just do your run in arcade mode. chassis will have 0 miles, and oil should be fresh.

seeing as how i picked the theme, of course im in.
but for this week i would like to see no tire staggering. IE no n3 front n1 rear. im wanting to test everyones stock car drifting capabilities with no mixing of tires. if i can do this section in a stock 200 hp fc on n2's, then im sure just about every car is doable with some work.
and for you guys that are broke in the game, just do your run in arcade mode. chassis will have 0 miles, and oil should be fresh.

Im In!, thats what i was going to do.

Mixing tyres shouldnt be needed for 99.9 stock cars.

Arcade mode > Time trial is perfect for this... you pick and choose cars much faster than if you had to buy the cars, refresh and get tires in gt mode, and you start right at the section. Capturing the first lap also means you could (maybe should?) include the intro overlay with car name, HP and tire config.

This way you can also use cars that you've already modified in GT mode, and that you have a hard time reobtaining (prize cars, rare used models etc).

I also agree that finding driftable cars isn't a big problem. Most FRs with 200+ hp (even less if they're light) should have no problem with this, as long as they come with an LSD stock... ;) Also, there are all kinds of cars (both FR and AWD) readily available that are more than capable without staggering (mixing) tire sets.

Oh btw, I'm in :)

I'm in.

Sorry my ignorance. Is that the rigidity thing?

yes, the more expensive one.
it would probably be easier if you did this in arcade mode as all cars are fresh with 0 miles on them and you dont have to pay for them. just pick your tires and go.

I hope to be in, just have to see if I have time. Interesting choice of corners and car theme. Mostly all the cars I drift are stock, so I hope to be able to get this one done. :)

(Sulks)
Well at least i know what tire staggering means now.
I think my run was good enough for 3rd or 4th as i checked and i can do almost the same with e/e just using more handbrake.

Results:
Code:
1st -- Video 7  - Ske                10 Votes
XXX -- Video 8  - Suzuki             8 Votes [HM]
2nd -- Video 6  - H_S2000            7 Votes
XXX -- Video 3  - Sheron             5 Votes [HM]
3rd -- Video 4  - TRi                2 Votes
4th -- Video 1  - Drft2Xs            1 Vote
5th -- Video 2  - LGforce            0 Votes
--- -- Video 5  - Boundary Layer     0 Votes

Suzuki and Sheron are X'd out for being this week's HM's. I'm sorry for any confusion that stems around this point, but it's part of the implementation of the new Honourable Mentions idea I posted in WDS 10. Sheron was awarded the win in WDS8, and Suzuki selected the theme/location for WDS9.

Anyways, Ske has his pick for week 12.

Stats:

WDS9stats.JPG

The big mover in WDS9 was H_S2000. He improved his 6 week average by 0.67 and managed to take advantage of my 0.5 avg position drop to knock me out of 4th place among active runners. 👍

Back