WDS: Week 9 - A Japanese Opera -- Results Posted

Please select your TWO (2) favourite videos.

• Video 2 [youtube]h7ogm4sXhwU[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 5 [youtube]RxMM2mDlfHM[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those graphs sure make this competition look professional. Great job BL. :)
I hope I can get more than one vote some time. :D

Congratulations to Ske. 👍

honourable mention

I'm trying to find ways to spread the votes around just a little bit more, this was one of them. I've created the spreadsheet to reflect how it would have worked in the first 9 events. For that reason, the finishing positions in the table may be slightly different than what was originally announced when the polls closed.
The system will be fully implemented in the Week 10 poll, and all events to follow.

edit:
oh, and the table is arranged by Average Finishing Position, H_S2000. I'll try to explain that last column to you.
The chart you see is the Week9 Chart. It finds your average finishing position based on your results in last 6 events (WDS4 through WDS9). The value you have in the final column means your average finish position is 0.67 better than your average finish position in the Week8 chart (WDS3 through WDS8).

Sorry if it's still a bit fuzzy. I think the exact meaning of each value should become more clear in the coming weeks. If you (or anyone) has further questions, please PM me. I'll be happy to explain it differently.

The basic idea is to:
1. Stay out of the blue. Blue rows indicate a member who has not participated in at least 3 of the past 6 events.
2. Keep the Average Position for the Past 6 Events low. This means you are routinely placing well in the polls.
3. Keep the Final Column negative and green. This means your average Position has improved since the last event. This may be accomplished in 2 ways. Either by finishing in a position better than your current average, or by having a result worse than your average finish leave the 6 week window.

My row for this week is an example of what you do not want. My average finish was 3.00 last week. This week I added a 5th place finish to the three 3's I already had. This took my average from 3 up to 3.5 - an increase of 0.50 shows up red in my last column. This is not desirable.

Back