We need a Nordsleife REVERSE!

  • Thread starter Thread starter xchristox
  • 58 comments
  • 4,259 views
Messages
219
Messages
xchristox
Messages
F********** XBOX! :)
Think about it. It's the greatest track ever, and logically the greatest track in the game. I've played it sooo much by now I could drive it with my eyes closed.

Then today it occured to me, why the hell isn't there a reversed version of the 'ring? It won't need much modifications, It would be so easy to add with an upgrade! We would then have the best track in 2 variations. 20 KM of track to be learned once again. instead of going downhill you would be going uphill and vice versa. Every corner will need a whole different approach, which is super mega extremely awesome :O

I drove a few reversed laps today and man it was awesome. I would really really love to have this in an update! 👍

::: EDIT :::

Click HERE to vote for this in the feedback forum!

::: EDIT :::
 
Last edited:
Im intrested in: lap time forward/reverse wich one is faster? :)
ofc depends on track..
 
Im intrested in: lap time forward/reverse wich one is faster? :)

I already tested. Forward is quite a bit faster.
 
I already tested. Forward is quite a bit faster.

yeah.. but its because we normaly drive forward (more practise)... reverse with some practise could be faster?
 
No real life track in any game I have ever played has a reverse option. I'm not quite sure exactly why tracks shy away from this, but it's always the "in game" fantasy tracks that have reverse options...

And I agree, The Ring in reverse would be cool!
 
You've probably noticed that the real tracks can only be run in the correct direction, and the fantasy tracks can be run either way. That may be a requirement of the track owners/proprietors themselves.

The exception to that would be the road course at Indy. F1 and other road race series would drive that course clockwise, but MotoGP drives it counter-clockwise. Even so, I haven't seen any car events in GT5 running counter-clockwise like the bikes.
 
I did some reverse racing in GT5 Prologue online with a group of friends when we found ourselves alone on the grid, we did 9 laps forward on Fuji then did some reverse ones, it was great fun! Seeing as GT5 has so many fantasy elements to it, despite claiming to be "The Real Driving Simulator", I think every track should have a reverse option. Maybe the reason real world tracks don't, could be to do with licensing restrictions.


👍
 
As much as I like the idea, it is meant to be a simulator and you can't do it in real life, so you shouldn't be able to in the game.
 
You can do it in real life. You just might be dead at the end of it.

Like the idea, but sheesh, learning it the other way round would be hell :)
 
No real life track in any game I have ever played has a reverse option. I'm not quite sure exactly why tracks shy away from this, but it's always the "in game" fantasy tracks that have reverse options...

And I agree, The Ring in reverse would be cool!

*cough* PGR4 *cough* Also had weather (snowy/icy Nurburg anyone?) and cockpits in everything *ahem*
 
As much as I like the idea, it is meant to be a simulator and you can't do it in real life, so you shouldn't be able to in the game.

You can't do it in real life because no one set up a race to tackle that track in reverse, there are no physical limitations from stopping you doing it otherwise.

Since we're on this topic, let's just ask for a reverse option on all tracks in the game, including the course creator tracks.
 
You can't do it in real life because no one set up a race to tackle that track in reverse, there are no physical limitations from stopping you doing it otherwise.
Technically, yes, but usually things like safety barriers are set up unidirectionally, and if you go the other way around and come off, you're in for a world of hurt. The only thing that would stop you from attempting it in real life is that you'd be banned from running the track ever again. *shrug*
 
You can't do it in real life, so I have no interest of doing it in the game. I like the game because it simulates real life. I guess I'm just crazy. I also have zero interest in driving the fake tracks.
 
You can't do it in real life because no one set up a race to tackle that track in reverse, there are no physical limitations from stopping you doing it otherwise.

In real life there are plenty of physical problems that stop you running a track in reverse. Such as placement of sand traps and run off areas. Nurburg for instance would be much more dangerous than it already is if you ran it in reverse. When you come off the track you'll hit the wall instead of a gravel trap.

Other details such as the access through the armco for track marshals are one way details too. Running clockwise you hit them and its a glancing blow. In reverse they would become a knife edge that would kill you.

Then of course there's all the timing equipment and pit issues to deal with too.

However, this is a video game, and it would be quite cool to do the Nurburg in reverse even if it's not technically correct. I would expect it might be faster in reverse actually. In reverse there are two long, flat out portions of the track that would be down hill, yielding higher top speeds for a good amount of time. The up hill portion would be all the twisty 3rd gear stuff which would now be after the first straight. A place where if you were running the track forwards, you cant gain any advantage from gravity anyway.

Might have to test it tonight.
 
A reversed nurburgring wouldn't work at all, you might as well as divide by zero.
 
You can't do it in real life, so I have no interest of doing it in the game. I like the game because it simulates real life. I guess I'm just crazy. I also have zero interest in driving the fake tracks.

While I agree in that I don't really have any interest in running the ring backwards, the rest of your post makes me sad :(

GT has some fantastic original tracks, Trial Mountain and Midfield were probably the best.
 
It's a great track in reverse, try it in practise mode (not online)
 
I stand corrected.

Looks pretty unforgiving in reverse.
 
No real life track in any game I have ever played has a reverse option. I'm not quite sure exactly why tracks shy away from this, but it's always the "in game" fantasy tracks that have reverse options...

And I agree, The Ring in reverse would be cool!

Wakefield Park, the nearest track to Canberra, only allows racing in one direction for safety reasons. Basically the barriers, run-offs etc can only be set up for traffic going one way. Some years ago a car club hired the track for a day, and in the afternoon thought they'd try going in the other direction and the track management came down on them like a ton(ne) of bricks.

I assume this is the case with all real tracks - it's geometrically impossible to set up safety features for both directions.
 
Efielsdron.
 
*cough* PGR4 *cough* Also had weather (snowy/icy Nurburg anyone?) and cockpits in everything *ahem*

Yep, I had a blast with that game - and that track/weather combo - back when I still had a 360. Although sadly Logitech wheels aren't supported on that console, so I was stuck with using a gamepad.
 
You can't do it in real life, so I have no interest of doing it in the game. I like the game because it simulates real life. I guess I'm just crazy. I also have zero interest in driving the fake tracks.

To a degree you can. I posted this same thing a month ago. Someone embedded a link of a Rally race at the Ring. It used a portion of the Ring and the off road portion of the Ring in reverse. It was pretty cool video. And when I when backwards it was when the Nascar Seasonal was up. I got spun out on the last turn and just kept going in reverse to see if I could do it. It requires different braking and acceleration points but if you can do it going forward, you can do it going backwards. Its not like the course has those anti backward road spikes poking out.

And if you don't want to even drive the fantasy tracks, your only getting half your money's worth. Some of the fantasy tracks that PD has come up with in the series are more fun than real tracks.
 
I read the "Nur in Reverse" and the first thing that popped up into my head was:

GOD YES!!!
 
I don't care about the reasoning, all I can say is:
Sacrilege!
 
I don't care about the reasoning, all I can say is:
Sacrilege!

What the hell does that mean, lol. And I really don't understand why people say "it can't be done in real life so I don't want it in the game". 1) Video proves it can be done :) and 2) it will be more value for the money you've spent on a VIDEO GAME!
 
Back