What the hell does that mean, lol. And I really don't understand why people say "it can't be done in real life so I don't want it in the game". 1) Video proves it can be doneand 2) it will be more value for the money you've spent on a VIDEO GAME!
Yep, I had a blast with that game - and that track/weather combo - back when I still had a 360. Although sadly Logitech wheels aren't supported on that console, so I was stuck with using a gamepad.
sure:
(should look familiar from 2:55 onwards)
I stand corrected.
Looks pretty unforgiving in reverse.
Reverse tracks are evil. They should never be allowed in racing games, it NEVER happens in motorsport. In fact you go backwards on a real track you will be banned.
As for safety - They're rally drivers, the Nordschleife in reverse is probably the safest road they drive on the whole weekend. And us armchair racers will be ok anyway...
You do realise that, historically, many circuits have changed their direction of running? Of course, I'm talking about "pre-war" stuff mostly, but it's still relevant.
Additionally, if real circuits were to change their direction of running during a season or in-between seasons then it's basically another track to learn for the drivers. Running in the same direction year after year adds consistency for drivers, which in itself improves safety no end.
As previously mentioned, the MotoGP at Indy runs the road course, in the reverse direction to the F1 (and GT5) races.
Misano in Italy has reversed its direction in recent years, the MotoGP (again) run in the reverse direction to the old World Superbike races.
They should never be allowed in racing games