We need a Nordsleife REVERSE!

  • Thread starter Thread starter xchristox
  • 58 comments
  • 4,259 views
You nuts lol ? The ring reverse i just plain stupid :grumpy:
 
You can't do Cape Ring in real life, yet, here it is, in the game...:crazy:

GAME

Get it?

If we have to put up with asinine things that aren't true to life that suck the fun out of the game (bad AI, B-Spec, anyone?), it would be nice to get something that isn't true to life that would be FUN..!
 
What the hell does that mean, lol. And I really don't understand why people say "it can't be done in real life so I don't want it in the game". 1) Video proves it can be done :) and 2) it will be more value for the money you've spent on a VIDEO GAME!

Whether it's possible in real life or not, I don't really care. Doesn't change a thing about my opinion.

The 'Ring is a motoring Mecca. You just don't turn that upside down on a whim. I mean, that's like going to Rome and demanding that the Pope should kiss your hand.:crazy:

No thanks.
 
Project Gotham 4 have it in reverse, among every other configuration imaginable.

Final race in the game was Nordschliefe Reverse during snow.
 
I'm alakefic.
 
It would be interesting to see how difficult some tracks become when driven in the other direction. The Corkscrew at Laguna would be a prime example.💡
 
We dont need it in reverse... if you want it reverse just turn around and drive it in reverse as long as you like.... there you go - you are driving it in reverse
 
As said previously, sacrilege! :dopey:

First would be Nurb reverse, then with X1 2010, then online with casuals, then...

... please, don't pervert a sacred place! :dopey::dopey::dopey:

sure:


(should look familiar from 2:55 onwards)


Images from a parallel universe... sure. It's not real. :dopey:
 
Last edited:
Puh sounds hard to me to drive in reverse. You only see through the tiny mirror and only have one gear... :P

No, seriously, why not. I can see, that the track is not meant to be driven in the opposite direction, but there are other Tracks which offer this and just generally "why not" .
 
It's done once a year IRL as a special stage of the Rally Köln-Ahrweiler and very popular with the drivers, so why go fundamentalist about it in a video game?
As for safety - They're rally drivers, the Nordschleife in reverse is probably the safest road they drive on the whole weekend. And us armchair racers will be ok anyway...
 
It would be easy to do, but it's really not important.
 
It's one of my pass-times, driving tracks in the opposite directions, in a game at least. It makes you re-think every corner, and corner combos appear that weren't there before, somehow - that is, one corner affects another one in an unexpected way. As for Nürburgring being somehow sacred, I would agree to a point - but driving on it in the opposite direction is not going to offend it! I bet it longs to be driven on in the "wrong" direction more often :p

I remember seeing a Köln-Ahrweiler Rally video and thinking why hadn't I tried to do a whole lap in the reverse direction in GT4 yet? I used to do it all the time in GPL...
 
Reverse tracks are evil. They should never be allowed in racing games, it NEVER happens in motorsport. In fact you go backwards on a real track you will be banned.
 
Reverse tracks are evil. They should never be allowed in racing games, it NEVER happens in motorsport. In fact you go backwards on a real track you will be banned.

Usually because everyone else is going forwards at the time... :rolleyes:

It clearly comes down to safety in real life. It's more cost effective and efficient overall to plan for the worst in one direction only. Trying to cover both directions leads to compromises, and compromises with someone's life-expectancy don't go down too well.

You do realise that, historically, many circuits have changed their direction of running? Of course, I'm talking about "pre-war" stuff mostly, but it's still relevant.

Additionally, if real circuits were to change their direction of running during a season or in-between seasons then it's basically another track to learn for the drivers. Running in the same direction year after year adds consistency for drivers, which in itself improves safety no end.
 
As for safety - They're rally drivers, the Nordschleife in reverse is probably the safest road they drive on the whole weekend. And us armchair racers will be ok anyway...

another reasonable point!
 
You do realise that, historically, many circuits have changed their direction of running? Of course, I'm talking about "pre-war" stuff mostly, but it's still relevant.

Additionally, if real circuits were to change their direction of running during a season or in-between seasons then it's basically another track to learn for the drivers. Running in the same direction year after year adds consistency for drivers, which in itself improves safety no end.

As previously mentioned, the MotoGP at Indy runs the road course, in the reverse direction to the F1 (and GT5) races.

Misano in Italy has reversed its direction in recent years, the MotoGP (again) run in the reverse direction to the old World Superbike races.
 
I think it would be nice I went on reverse when trying to get the trophy for getting rid of a part of your car and in fact is a whole new track which will make the track count go up if they did reverse for every car
 
As previously mentioned, the MotoGP at Indy runs the road course, in the reverse direction to the F1 (and GT5) races.

Misano in Italy has reversed its direction in recent years, the MotoGP (again) run in the reverse direction to the old World Superbike races.

Yeah, I knew about the Indy one. I didn't know about Misano, though. Thanks. 👍
I think Zandvoort is another one, when it was re-opened "recently" after having been re-modeled around a new holiday / caravan park...

In a way, it only reinforces my point - the direction of running is by no means sacred.
 
They should never be allowed in racing games

yeah, because if you do it in a racing GAME it might KILL someone, right? :scared:
 
Fuji Speedway has a reverse formation, but only for the D1GP.

I think the reasoning behind the lack of reverse circuits in GT5 is that the races/free runs take place on 'track days' where there could potentially be other drivers on the circuit, and obviously all race tracks are one-way.
 
Personally I don't need it. But if you really want it, you can turn your car around at the start and drive it in reverse...
 
You got my votes for sure Christo, why shouldn't we have our favorite in reverse too. All practicing again and races in forward and reverse.. uuuh, there would be skills tested. And all whiners, its only game!
 
Reverse is not an option in real life because the saftey aspects of the course were designed for one direction. ie sand traps, strategic barriers etc. Just a thought.
 
IIRC, in GT2, there were races set up in the game that ran Laguna Seca in reverse. I may be mistaken, as I haven't played it in quite some time, but I seem to remember them being more fun than expected.
 
While I couldn't care less whether RL tracks are reversed in a game, I can understand that they're not: Tracks in RL are meant to run in one direction only, probably because it's easier for a driver to train on the track and get used to the corners. Having to remember the same track in two directions could be tricky (especially if you spin and forget in which direction the traffic should be going at the time).

They probably limit it in games as well, because of the same confusion. If you start doing a track in the game in reverse, then go drive the RL one, it could lead to problems.

All that said, if people really wanted a complex track like the ring in reverse, then the game creators can build a fantasy one for that purpose. So, a better idea would be to expand the course creator, for nice long tracks, which we could use as we see fit :)
 
Back