We need PS5 update

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 14 comments
Finland
Finland
HI-tauer
We really do - to keep interest until GT7. Just a bit of boost for resolution and draw distances shouldnt take too much resources from PDI..

I am pretty sure this is up to Sony.
They pretty much dictate what the game can do with the hardware.

Plus a small boost in pixels can cause more frame stutter, while I do not play GT:S.
If it did I rather have a constant frame rate over more pixels.

When driving at high speed or going through dragon heads death chicane you do NOT want stutter.
It can make or break a race for you.

What is the incentive for them though? GTS has been sold very cheaply for a long time, they're not making any money off the game any more and we all know GT7 will sell millions irrespective.

I am pretty sure this is up to Sony.
They pretty much dictate what the game can do with the hardware.

Plus a small boost in pixels can cause more frame stutter, while I do not play GT:S.
If it did I rather have a constant frame rate over more pixels.

When driving at high speed or going through dragon heads death chicane you do NOT want stutter.
It can make or break a race for you.

Gts runs 60fps on ps4 pro, so there is propably some headroom on ps5 without losing too much fps. ;)

Seeing as the game isn't a PS5 game there is little need or want to do this.
Updating anything to make it better on the PS5 could hamper it's ability to run on the PS4 which it was designed to do so and many people are still playing it on.

Seeing as the game isn't a PS5 game there is little need or want to do this.
Updating anything to make it better on the PS5 could hamper it's ability to run on the PS4 which it was designed to do so and many people are still playing it on.
As long as its just resolution / draw distance / fps options it wouldnt change the game on ps4 in any way.

I think models and textures are already very good..

As long as its just resolution / draw distance / fps options it wouldnt change the game on ps4 in any way.

How does it look and play on PS5 noticeably different?

Then if it could have been done on the 4 then it would have already been done so. I think they are concentrating on GT7 in regards to graphical updates. Otherwise why would we buy it rather than stay on Sport.
We may get a few goodies on Sport such as the Jag but any changes to how the game runs won't be done I'd have thought.

It would be nice if they did an update to PS5... that would actually make me want to buy a PS5!

However it would have to be a substantial update to warranty me spending $500 usd on a console I cant get my hands on anyway.

And further anything they add to GTS makes that content "Not New to GT7" so why bother?

A car manufacturer wont bother adding really decent updates to an outgoing model if they dont have to.

Just buy the new model!

Just buy the new model!
Just that the old is getting outdated and new model wont be available for a while, so one might as well browse catalogues of other brands and might just find a reason to leave the old brand behind. ;)

I wouldnt demand a ps5 update, if GT7 was released anytime soon, but now it seems they keep failing to deliver on time again and again. Wouldnt think much of that if it was a smaller independent studio, but from a company so close to sony and so well resourced its nearly unforgivable.

Last edited:
You would think they could at least update replays to run at 60 fps in 4k. I think the only advantage is slightly faster loading times on PS5, correct me if I'm wrong. I see no reason to use a chunk of my PS5 hd on GTS just for that, I'll keep playing it on my Pro. I know you can use an external hd, but I don't have one, The reason GT7 is being delayed is because Kaz has OCD when it comes to Gran Turismo. I'm guessing when GT7 is released we will get an unfinished version just like GTS. I really don't mind PD updating the game over time, keeps it fresh.

Not gonna happen. Polyphony is busy with GT7 and they were explicit with saying that GTS would be receiving only limited support until the next release.

Draw distance really needs improving on ps5.

However the penalty system is in more urgent need and it seems they aren’t bothered about that so can’t see they will care about ps5 updates.

personally I think unless it was as easy as changing a line of code I’d rather they just worked on gt7

Back