We want a new DTM and V8 Supercars game on PS4PS4 

Do we want a new DTM or V8 Supercars game on PS4?

• Total voters

RStylesGeleen

(Banned)
Netherlands
Netherlands
RStylesGeleen
image.png

Hello gamers

First of all Im from Holland (Netherlands) so maybe my english is not perfect, sorry for that..

But Im waiting now for a very very very long time to see a new DTM or V8 Supercar game on PS4. The last DTM game was on PS2 and the last V8 Supercar (Superstars V8) was at the beginning of the PS3, so thats a long time ago especially the DTM games. As we all know now on PS4 there a lot of new racing games like Project Cars wich is in my opinion the best so far but we have also Driveclub, The Crew, Need for Speed etc etc and of course each year a new F1 wich is great because Im a big F1 fan, there are also a lot coming like Assetto Corsa, the new F1, Rise, of course Gran Turismo Sport and Project Cars 2, but there a lot of new Rally games like Dirt Rally, Loeb Rally and of course WRC.. So why are there so many Rally games and not even 1 new DTM or V8 Supercar game, not that I think the Rally games suck because I fully completed all the Rally games but DTM and V8 Supercar in my opnion is not less populair than Rally, every time when I watch a highlight video on the DTM or V8 Supercar Youtube channels I always see reactions from people all over the world and every time I watch a race live there are a lot of people and its almost every time sold out (40.000 to almost 100.000 people). I also contacted Codemasters and even Slightly Mad (Project Cars) if there any plan to bring out a new DTM or V8 Supercar game, but Codemasters never answered me and Slightly Mad told me there are not any plans (yet) to bring out a DTM or V8 Supercar game because they are focussed on their own Project Cars 2..

So is there anyone else who's waiting on a new DTM or V8 Supercar game please let me know or reply on this topic, we have to show them that we want that games so bad and even if its not working, we tried it

So thanks already and to all the DTM and V8 Supercar fans, keep racing, keep playing and keep watching races!!

PSN: RStylesGeleen

Forget it man, your biggest chance is having RRRe adapted to ps4 but I seriously doubt that.

It wont happen because there's no more small studio anymore that can publish a game like that and get success. Now producing a decent game cost a lot and I'm guessing a ps4 dev kit cost way much. So it's not worth it, not to mention that DTM and V8 supercars fan are not common and they probably wont sold enough copy to be worth it.

Hell if we cant even get a SuperGT game from the country that brought video game where it is now, forget about DTM or V8 lol.

Forget it man, your biggest chance is having RRRe adapted to ps4 but I seriously doubt that.

It wont happen because there's no more small studio anymore that can publish a game like that and get success. Now producing a decent game cost a lot and I'm guessing a ps4 dev kit cost way much. So it's not worth it, not to mention that DTM and V8 supercars fan are not common and they probably wont sold enough copy to be worth it.

Hell if we cant even get a SuperGT game from the country that brought video game where it is now, forget about DTM or V8 lol.

I know your point right there, but Im wondering, why there are so many rally games these days (WRC, Loeb Rally, Dirt Rally) and they came out in 4months from eachother, not that they suck because I like Rally, but why would the Rally market so big for games compare to the DTM and V8 Supercar? There are 3 new Rally games and not even 1 new DTM or V8 Supercar game, thats why Im a little bit confused about it... And hey! Codemasters got enough money with their F1's, Dirts and Grids... So making a new DTM game to see how its gonna sell these days is not an bad idea right haha

Because rally is a world series. And it's always popular in europe, while dtm is only popular in germany or amongst racers, same for V8 with australia. Also all rally world champion are european and most game comes from europe studio. Sadly there's not enough gaming industry in australia to have a studio that have developpers that like programming and V8 the same, while dtm in europe is just too small to have bring any interest (it's already amazing that you can do a full dtm series with correct rules on pc as you can't do that with SuperGT and I believe SuperGT is more popular).

Basically both series arent important enough to have a game based on. Your only chance, and it's very slim, is that there is a TOCA kinda game with lots of touring series in it, with DTM, SuperGT, BTCC, WTCC and V8 but I doubt as I didnt see any touring car game specific in a long time, now there's always road car in the mix or formula cars.

Beside again, market is too small for the price of development of a game on ps4.

You never know, the PS4 GRID type game from Codemasters could be what you're looking for. If they're even working on such a game.

Because rally is a world series. And it's always popular in europe, while dtm is only popular in germany or amongst racers, same for V8 with australia. Also all rally world champion are european and most game comes from europe studio. Sadly there's not enough gaming industry in australia to have a studio that have developpers that like programming and V8 the same, while dtm in europe is just too small to have bring any interest (it's already amazing that you can do a full dtm series with correct rules on pc as you can't do that with SuperGT and I believe SuperGT is more popular).

Basically both series arent important enough to have a game based on. Your only chance, and it's very slim, is that there is a TOCA kinda game with lots of touring series in it, with DTM, SuperGT, BTCC, WTCC and V8 but I doubt as I didnt see any touring car game specific in a long time, now there's always road car in the mix or formula cars.

Beside again, market is too small for the price of development of a game on ps4.

I know.. But DTM is not only populair in Germany only, its going over whole Europe right now with races not only in Germany but in Netherlands, Russia, Hongary and Austria. And every time theres a big crowd watching the races at the circuit, even on the Youtube channel I see reactions on a highlight video from people in France, Brazil and even China so its pretty big and populair right now.. And of course, Rally is a Worldserie but 3 games from 3 different developers within 4 months, thats pretty strange

Last edited:
its pretty big and populair right now..
Big compared to what? It got bigger than it was a couple years ago before BMW rejoined, true, but that isn't the same as becoming big. It's still pretty niche - DTM and V8 SC are a little more specific than the rally games that came out lately.

Also, I can only imagine that many of the hardcore DTM / V8 SC sim racing fans are getting their fix on games like Assetto Corsa, thanks to mods (on the PC Version), so that's a strike against making a dedicated game for those two racing series - at least in a developer's business case...

There might be another Grid game in the pipeline over at Codemasters - I haven't heard of such a thing and it's certainly going to have more varied racing than just DTM and V8 SC, but it's probably the closest you'll get (unless you venture onto the PC, that is).

Big compared to what? It got bigger than it was a couple years ago before BMW rejoined, true, but that isn't the same as becoming big. It's still pretty niche - DTM and V8 SC are a little more specific than the rally games that came out lately.

Also, I can only imagine that many of the hardcore DTM / V8 SC sim racing fans are getting their fix on games like Assetto Corsa, thanks to mods (on the PC Version), so that's a strike against making a dedicated game for those two racing series - at least in a developer's business case...

There might be another Grid game in the pipeline over at Codemasters - I haven't heard of such a thing and it's certainly going to have more varied racing than just DTM and V8 SC, but it's probably the closest you'll get (unless you venture onto the PC, that is).

No, PC gaming is not my thing, I only knew Assetto Corsa from the PS4 trailer, after that I found out that it is actually a PC game, but I pre-ordered it already yes, and Project Cars I got almost 1000 races on, so if theres gonna be a new Grid that includes DTM and V8 Supercars and maybe more like GT3 and that kinda stuff I would buy it instantly, no doubt.

Last edited:

I mean... Even Nascar got their own game come on.. Not on PS4 yet but plenty on PS3

NASCAR is huge in the USA. That's why it gets games. DTM, SV8 and SuperGT great as they are, don't have the fanbase to justify a game. It's a shame but financial viability says not likely.

That's why I've always been frustrated with Gran Turismo. It has most of the tools to create the series within itself but doesn't do it properly.

NASCAR is huge in the USA. That's why it gets games. DTM, SV8 and SuperGT great as they are, don't have the fanbase to justify a game. It's a shame but financial viability says not likely.

That's why I've always been frustrated with Gran Turismo. It has most of the tools to create the series within itself but doesn't do it properly.

I know Nascar is huge in USA and I have played the games, but what about games like Tour de France and Rory Mcilroy Golf and that kind of games.. I just dont get it, I know there is a DTM game on PC called DTM Experience, if the developers from that game would make an PS4 version of it I think it would be great

I know Nascar is huge in USA and I have played the games, but what about games like Tour de France and Rory Mcilroy Golf and that kind of games.. I just dont get it, I know there is a DTM game on PC called DTM Experience, if the developers from that game would make an PS4 version of it I think it would be great

Your overestimating the number of people really interested in DTM and V8, while Golf and Cycling are both very popular in many countries. Also a cycling game and a Golf game isnt that hard to make, while a good racing sim need a huge team and a lot of work to create something that will pass sony tests.

And DTM experience is a add-on from RRRE. They have WTCC too as series and it's really good. It's really an awesome game but I doubt they'll bothered porting it to ps4.

Your overestimating the number of people really interested in DTM and V8, while Golf and Cycling are both very popular in many countries. Also a cycling game and a Golf game isnt that hard to make, while a good racing sim need a huge team and a lot of work to create something that will pass sony tests.

And DTM experience is a add-on from RRRE. They have WTCC too as series and it's really good. It's really an awesome game but I doubt they'll bothered porting it to ps4.

I watched some videos of RaceRoom DTM Experience and damn it looks great! But do you know how many online gamers they actually have? Is it just as big as Assetto Corsa? I really dont know anything about PC gaming, maybe they cane do the same thing as Assetto Corsa and make an PS4 version of it

It's a bit lower than AC/PC because it's less of a streamline game but there's still a good number of people playing it judging from the leaderboards (I dont have time to play a lot atm sadly so I only do new game and AC). The problem is that's it's complicated to port it to PS4. Like I said, the development kit is costing quite and lot and from what I could get you need to do some stuff to your game to make them PS compatible. Also it's close to a pay to race model and controller isnt supported that good so I would say no, no chance sadly.

As much as I like DTM and Super GT, there isn't a market for such a game and hasn't been for quite some time. I think they are smart like IndyCar, Formula E, and others by just opening themselves for inclusion into games like GT Sport, Assetto Corsa and Project CARS because of the simple truth: Until they gain global prominence (which usually isn't the goal of a region specific series), the cost a developer would be inheriting would outweigh any profit they would receive.

I just dont get it, I know there is a DTM game on PC called DTM Experience, if the developers from that game would make an PS4 version of it I think it would be great
Simply put, why bother porting your game to PS4, which means paying for R&D and whatever Sony wants out of the deal?

The majority of their target audience - sim racers - likely games on PC (considering the supported peripherals, the available games and the mod support and so on), so the additional sales they'd get out of a PS4 port is probably not nearly big enough to justify the expenses.

I agree with @Angel, the most likely scenario of getting DTM and V8 SC on the PS4 is inclusion in other, non-series-specific racing games. Granted, that might end up giving you the cars, not the rules, but it's something, right?

Simply put, why bother porting your game to PS4, which means paying for R&D and whatever Sony wants out of the deal?

The majority of their target audience - sim racers - likely games on PC (considering the supported peripherals, the available games and the mod support and so on), so the additional sales they'd get out of a PS4 port is probably not nearly big enough to justify the expenses.

I agree with @Angel, the most likely scenario of getting DTM and V8 SC on the PS4 is inclusion in other, non-series-specific racing games. Granted, that might end up giving you the cars, not the rules, but it's something, right?

Its something thats right, thats why i really like Project Cars, Gran Turismo and Assetto Corsa very much, if theres gonna be a new GRID that includes DTM and V8 Supercar would be awesome

As much as I like DTM and Super GT, there isn't a market for such a game and hasn't been for quite some time. I think they are smart like IndyCar, Formula E, and others by just opening themselves for inclusion into games like GT Sport, Assetto Corsa and Project CARS because of the simple truth: Until they gain global prominence (which usually isn't the goal of a region specific series), the cost a developer would be inheriting would outweigh any profit they would receive.

Im wondering if Assetto Corsa will be just as good as Project Cars, wich is in my opinion the best racing game ever, I dont think Assetto Corsa will be that good but for sure will be an awesome game

It's a bit lower than AC/PC because it's less of a streamline game but there's still a good number of people playing it judging from the leaderboards (I dont have time to play a lot atm sadly so I only do new game and AC). The problem is that's it's complicated to port it to PS4. Like I said, the development kit is costing quite and lot and from what I could get you need to do some stuff to your game to make them PS compatible. Also it's close to a pay to race model and controller isnt supported that good so I would say no, no chance sadly.

The videos on Youtube lookin great though, would buy that instantly. I contacted Sector 3 Studios and RaceRoom, RaceRoom answered thats its an great idea to make a PS4 version of DTM Experience but its not in the plans (yet), maybe in the future, its a decision they havent made yet, so they are actually thinking about it so thats pretty positive news, but its just waiting and see i guess, thanks for your help bro

Last edited:
Back