Weak Track List, Very Disappointed

Canada
Canada
Legionaire88
Only 6 country locations, many of the tracks have similar layouts, also the fact that they put reversed versions of the tracks to make it look like there is more than there actually is, this is pathetic.

Playing this is making me wanna play Project Gotham racing 4 on Xbox 360, it had 10 locations all this many track variations, I think over 100.

I really thought I would like this game. The gameplay just doesn't feel right, after coming from Forza 6 the gameplay feels like a huge step down, in a racer that is supposed to be simcade like forza 6, this is pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, we are all entitled to an opinion.

While I wish there where more tracks, which are coming in early 2016, I still love DRIVECLUB.

The support from Evolution has been amazing too. I also love the car roster and I think the handling model is accessible yet not too arcade-like.

Only 6 country locations...

...this is making me wanna play Project Gotham racing 4 on Xbox 360, it had 10 locations all this many track variations, I think over 100.
As has been suggested, that's your opinion and all fine - except I think you might need to take a step back and reconsider before making such comments.

Evolution was a far, far smaller studio than T10 even before the layoffs cut it in half; so comparing the track rosters of those two games is fairly pointless. Further to that, comparing a 360 game with a current gen one that has far more focus on very high graphical fidelity...not really valid either. Things need to be pared down when you start producing massively complex environments and vehicle modelling to suit, as it would take years more to make as many tracks for DC as the older generation games tended to have. T10 have the staff for that, Evo didn't.

I really thought I would like this game. The gameplay just doesn't feel right, after coming from Forza 6 the gameplay feels like a huge step down, in a racer that is supposed to be simcade like forza 6, this is pathetic.

Driveclub was never supposed to be anything like Forza, but from your posts it's impossible to tell if you're being serious, or if you're just trying to troll the forum.

It's your opinion and that's fair enough, so if you don't like it, don't play it.....Bye :cheers:
He has to play it to not like it and like you said, it is fair enough that he can share his opinion.

Though I don't know why he is comparing things like Forza to DC as DC isn't meant to be like Forza.

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say that if you come onto a forum for a game that's been out over 12 months and call said game 'pathetic' you're not going to get too great a reaction.Maybe hit the Forza forums and post something interesting about a game you've actually driven enough miles to have an informed opinion on?
Yes there are variations and reversals(which happens in driving games,not a big thing),but I'd argue that the roster of 78 track variations in Driveclub is one of the best in any driving game.I recently went back to play some of my old favorite driving games(Forza 4,PGR3+4 and others) and the road surfaces+cambers just seemed so flat and characterless in comparison.
It's so refreshing that with Driveclub we get a complete set of fictional brand new tracks,rather than that tired old roster of real life tracks we've driven to death.And if we're perfectly honest some of these real life tracks aren't the most exciting to drive or to look at.(No having to pander to safety issues in Driveclubs world :) )

1) Driveclub is in its first iteration, meaning it won't have as many tracks or cars as the already established Forza and GT franchise. Give them a chance to develop the next game with much more cars/tracks.

GT1 = 11 tracks, 140 cars. GT6 = 33 tracks, 1200 cars.
Forza Motorsport = 230 cars, 15 tracks. Forza 6 = 450 cars, 26 tracks. (see the trend?)

2) Forza 6 is a simulation, like GT6. If you were to compare this to FH2, then yes, that would work. But no, Forza 6 and Driveclub is 2 different racing games catering to different racing game fans. Do your homework.

3) Driveclub is in a niche place of an already bountiful racing games. Its handling physics is a bit understeery at first, but you'll find with time that it just..works. Not too arcade-y, not too of a simulation either.

4) Driveclub has issues too, yes. Wonky online issues, too little content, trophy bugs, and general niggles. But most of them were ironed out within the first quarter of its release. There are some niggles here and there that can be fixed, but overall, its a stable racing game experience nowadays.

5) What do you mean all the tracks have similar layouts? More detail on this, please. Yes, it has corners, that goes right and left and goes uphill and downhill, but doesn't all racing games have this hmm?

So, are you one of those trolls who just posts unfounded opinions on a game, and just disappear?

Or are you gonna come back here with some update and give your opinion some more depth rather than just "weak track, pathetic game" ?

Show us something.

Maybe some people wade through all the bickering on the Forza, GT, or Pcars subforums, and come here only to find it's the most relaxed sub forum here, and that everyone seems to get along in this corner of GT Planet. Perhaps it drives them mad that a game they don't like, or more likely, haven't played and just written off, has such a chilled out community.

It's just a theory, but he could have just come here to try stir up some trouble. He's probably tired of arguing about how realistic the puddles are in Forza, or trying to convince people that dynamic weather and time of day aren't a big deal.

He has only made a few posts on GTP so I would say a hit and run troll trying to stir up trouble to this nice relaxed chilled forum..(no counter arguments yet)..I don't think it is the best place to post negativity about Drive Club.

Just to add to the comments above...

The tracks in Drive Club are IMO the best designed, detailed tracks in quite a while and set out perfectly with the cambers, tight apex turns and rolling long straights and hills and draw distance and I can't see how many of the tracks have similar layouts when some are track based fictional circuits, other point to points over miles and a couple are circuits? and the best Photomode in a long time!..;) (A game in itself with detailed graphics when zoomed in close), The games physics are a 'tight' sim/arcade feel and easy to master after a few laps and much better than other recent arcade games (too loose) with a hint of realism (won't name names). The Internal cockpits are all brilliantly detailed and working, The sound engines internal and external very realistic, the Dynamic weather is THE best on any game, including the smooth transition in time clouds, the detailed rain and storms, light rain or heavy. The car choice is small yes (but still over 100 unique detailed mix of cars) and it has Bikes and all the support of Evolution. The challenges and Tours are addictive and new, the multiplayer and private lobbies are great addition now so overall a great and refreshing game to the market and millions of sales and the best DLC ever it has a lot of community support since its unlucky launch.

Finally it has real longevity and a long future and is a 'FUN' game with 'one more go' still present after a year of playing nearly daily! While other games sit there and not touched after a month or two and still only just a year old compared to all other franchises..With the best to come yet as from what I can see Evolution are actually building and tweaking the game to what the community want 'not what they want' so it is growing nicely, Growing in to the first game to just keep getting better and better with each update/dlc (That hasn't happened before in racing games) 👍

I actually just recently got this because the environments in this game are quite striking. I knew full well going in it wasn't Forza/GT, nor did I want that since those type games are already fulfilled. This, to me, is like PGR, which I had a blast with back in the day.

What current game has India in their track line-up? None. Norway, Scotland, these are all amazing locales, to me anyway. Japan with bridges and tunnels....yes! Then the clouds darken with the storm brewing...awesome stuff.

Plus the support from this studio is something to be said, what a turn-around from their initial release! I'm hoping there is a season 2.

I actually just recently got this because the environments in this game are quite striking. I knew full well going in it wasn't Forza/GT, nor did I want that since those type games are already fulfilled. This, to me, is like PGR, which I had a blast with back in the day.

What current game has India in their track line-up? None. Norway, Scotland, these are all amazing locales, to me anyway. Japan with bridges and tunnels....yes! Then the clouds darken with the storm brewing...awesome stuff.

Plus the support from this studio is something to be said, what a turn-around from their initial release! I'm hoping there is a season 2.

Excellent choice sir, glad you're enjoying it :cheers:

So you want to play some sort of a Forza 6 PGR hybrid game. Hopefully they'll create a game you like soon.

The weird thing is, they did. It's called Horizon 2!

I've only had a little bit of time with DC so far – it'll be mine in a little under two weeks – but I'm not sure why anybody would go in expecting something similar to FM6. They're two very different beasts.

I don't like the gameplay, it feels like I am playing Burnout, that Arcade racer, the gameplay feels exactly like this only the physics are more in tune with being a simulator. Control of the car and traction just feels so artificial, Forza 6 feels so much more realistic by comparison.

The graphics are great but if you compare it with Froza 6 on daytime racing, there isn't even a significant difference, drive club only look a little better at that point.

My main issue is lack of tracks, it is pathetic, only 6 locations and so many of the tack layouts in these locations look the same. I know they are trying to go for a out in the country back roads kind of feel instead of tracks and cities like Project Gotham racing bu I don't know, playing it just makes me feel like I wanna play Project Gotham Racing on my ******* 360. Hopefully the Xbox one includes it with backwards compatibility support eventually because I don't wanna hook up one of my two ******* 360's again.

I don't like the gameplay, it feels like I am playing Burnout, that Arcade racer, the gameplay feels exactly like this only the physics are more in tune with being a simulator.

Driveclub feels nothing like Burnout, I don't see the gameplay similarities other than they are both racing games. That's like arguing Forza 6 feels like playing The Crew but with more realistic physics. Ridiculous.

-Burnout has fictional cars, Driveclub has real cars (and bloody good ones at that).
-Burnout has an uninspiring map with closed off roads for racing, Driveclub has point to points and circuits that are closed off public roads, and also closed circuits.
-Burnout's racing revolves around ridiculous unrealistic drifts to build up nitrous and crashing into your opponents to take them out of the race so you can win, Driveclub is about clean racing in the world's best exotic cars.
-Burnout's physics are wild NFS/Ridge Racer slide around arcade style, Driveclub's are arcade with it's roots in realism. Cars have proper weight shifting and feel predictable and natural, but with overpowered tyre grip and brake power.

Personally, I have no idea how you could come to the conclusion that playing Driveclub feels like playing Burnout, and that the gameplay feels exactly the same.

Control of the car and traction just feels so artificial, Forza 6 feels so much more realistic by comparison.

The graphics are great but if you compare it with Froza 6 on daytime racing, there isn't even a significant difference, drive club only look a little better at that point.

Again, Driveclub was never meant to be a competitor to Forza or other simcades or sims, it's not trying to be anything like Forza at all. It's not trying to be a realistic motorsport game, so the comparison with Forza is pointless, again, it's like comparing Forza 6 to The Crew, they're too different for any valid comparison.

The graphics of DC are far better than Forza, both in game and in photo modes, and it also has enormous environments and proper dynamic time and weather, with a volumetric cloud model, none of which Forza has, so graphics in DC are far beyond FM6.

My main issue is lack of tracks, it is pathetic, only 6 locations and so many of the tack layouts in these locations look the same. I know they are trying to go for a out in the country back roads kind of feel instead of tracks and cities like Project Gotham racing bu I don't know, playing it just makes me feel like I wanna play Project Gotham Racing on my ****box 360. Hopefully the Xbox one includes it with backwards compatibility support eventually because I don't wanna hook up one of my two ****box 360's again.

Ok, I've edited the swearing out of that quote, and I suggest you edit it out of your post too, as mods won't be pleased with that. There's kids on these type of forums mate, and it's not hard to censor yourself.

As far as the locations go, there are 6 countries, each with multiple different locations, both country style roads and closed circuits. There might not be as many tracks as some other racing games, but they are all unique, are thoroughly well modeled way beyond the track limits, and again, they all have volumetric clouds, and dynamic weather and time. You've compared it to Forza 6, but then rip on DC's tracks, even though FM6 has the same tracks you can get in dozens of other games. I love real circuits, don't get me wrong, but you could just as easily make the case that Forza only really has tracks that are in heaps of other games, whereas Driveclub has all unique tracks that you can't get anywhere else.

1) I've played the hell out of Burnout 3, Revenge, and Paradise, and its not even close to Driveclub. It's in a whole different league. That's just a far-out comparison. Burnout is pure arcade racing game, and Forza 6 is a simulation. Driveclub falls between the two (it was never touted as a simulation, or a pure arcade game). Its makes more sense to compare Driveclub to The Crew and the Horizon 2. You can choose to compare the graphical fidelity between Forza 6 and DC, but the physics? That's a whole different matter.

Burnout = arcade (NON-COMPARABLE)
Forza 6 = simulation (NON-COMPARABLE)
Crew/Horizon 2 = middle ground (COMPARABLE)

2) Well, I would love to have more tracks too. But DC's done a great job of providing enough tracks for us to enjoy. You would expect a lot more, but you gotta remember the team behind DC is much smaller than other racing games, so they'll release less content over time, but arguably with better quality (less bugs, detailed graphics).

I would much rather let them release quality contents rather than releasing a bunch of them that's half-assed.

I'd really would love to hear more of your explanation behind the "same track layouts" argument. You got countryside P2P, a huge race circuit, a smaller technical race circuit, a countryside race circuit, and downhill/uphill P2Ps. It does not look the same, obviously.

It's well varied, if you ask me. But hey, you're free to go back to PGR. Seems you have more fun there. Maybe DC is not the game for you.

Last edited:
What's funny is that even if DC was worth to have more tracks, he would probably still complain because it lacks urban areas, or areas that goes through the jungle. I've learn nowadays that no matter what the developer does for the gamers they'll just continue to complain about the littlest of things. It's sooo 2015 soon to be 2016... :\

I actually like that DC has less tracks because the areas the tracks located in are so beautiful and inspiring. :embarrassed: I mean wouldn't mind having more locations but those would be bonuses, to me at least. ;)

Edit: Also I don't want the DC subforum to fall into a war zone, it's so peaceful and eases your mind when reading others from its subforum's posts and checking out their pictures. ^v^

Last edited:

giphy.gif

I'm still trying to figure out what these people are looking to achieve exactly by bashing DC. Are they looking for someone who agrees with them? Are they trying to start a not so subtle console war based on two very different games? In a Driveclub dedicated forum? Why don't they just go to Youtube? The comments under many DC videos are so cringeworthy that I find them disturbing at times, this applies to both PS and Xbox fanboys.
As someone said already, this is a little peaceful oasis compared to other forums, so let's keep it that way.
I don't mind hearing criticism about something I like, as long as it's well presented and explained.
Also, don't ever forget that we are expressing our own opinions here. What you call pathetic might be good enough for someone else, or simply not so bad. It's not different from other topics such as cars and music: some are better than others technically speaking (this is objective) but that doesn't mean that you should like them. I hope you understand what I mean.
Just my 2 cents (looks more like 50 :P).

I'm still trying to figure out what these people are looking to achieve exactly by bashing DC. Are they looking for someone who agrees with them? Are they trying to start a not so subtle console war based on two very different games? In a Driveclub dedicated forum? Why don't they just go to Youtube? The comments under many DC videos are so cringeworthy that I find them disturbing at times, this applies to both PS and Xbox fanboys.
As someone said already, this is a little peaceful oasis compared to other forums, so let's keep it that way.
I don't mind hearing criticism about something I like, as long as it's well presented and explained.
Also, don't ever forget that we are expressing our own opinions here. What you call pathetic might be good enough for someone else, or simply not so bad. It's not different from other topics such as cars and music: some are better than others technically speaking (this is objective) but that doesn't mean that you should like them. I hope you understand what I mean.
Just my 2 cents (looks more like 50 :P).

I think it's mostly Xbox or Forza fanboys that bash Driveclub. Don't get me wrong, there's a difference between Xbox owners and fanboys, between Forza fans and fanboys. The X1 seems to be a good console, and has some really cool games on it, and Forza is a great racing game series. Fanboys hate everything that is in competition with what they own though, and you rightly point out the Youtube comments section as a popular hangout for such people.

It's not just a videogame phenomenon either, as you've touched on. As a self-confessed car nut, I've noticed over the years that some "car guys" are just car fanboys. They like a narrow selection of vehicles, and go about spewing hate on anyone who likes anything else. A good example is the type of muscle car fanboys that go out of their way to rip on Euro and Japanese cars. I firmly believe a real car fanatic can see the beauty in all kinds of cars (note I didn't say all cars, because the likes of daewoo exist). It's ok to not like something personally, but it doesn't make any sense to go instantly to hate anything you don't like. I don't like 4x4s and SUVs that are slammed and blinged out, but I don't hate them, that would be irrational, as they don't affect me in any way. I can appreciate the owners of such vehicles are car people, like myself, just with different tastes, and I can respect that.

Unfortunately you get fanboys of all shapes and sizes. There are COD vs Battlefield fanboys, Xbox vs PS vs PC fanboys, Rugby League VS Union fanboys (local sport reference), Tuner vs Muscle car fanboys, Car vs Bike fanboys, I could go on and on. Some of us are just more logical people who like what they like, and understand the world is bigger than our preferences.

So there's my fiddy cents, we keep going like this and we can buy a box of tissues for OP's issues.

I think it's mostly Xbox or Forza fanboys that bash Driveclub. Don't get me wrong, there's a difference between Xbox owners and fanboys, between Forza fans and fanboys. The X1 seems to be a good console, and has some really cool games on it, and Forza is a great racing game series. Fanboys hate everything that is in competition with what they own though, and you rightly point out the Youtube comments section as a popular hangout for such people.

It's not just a videogame phenomenon either, as you've touched on. As a self-confessed car nut, I've noticed over the years that some "car guys" are just car fanboys. They like a narrow selection of vehicles, and go about spewing hate on anyone who likes anything else. A good example is the type of muscle car fanboys that go out of their way to rip on Euro and Japanese cars. I firmly believe a real car fanatic can see the beauty in all kinds of cars (note I didn't say all cars, because the likes of daewoo exist). It's ok to not like something personally, but it doesn't make any sense to go instantly to hate anything you don't like. I don't like 4x4s and SUVs that are slammed and blinged out, but I don't hate them, that would be irrational, as they don't affect me in any way. I can appreciate the owners of such vehicles are car people, like myself, just with different tastes, and I can respect that.

Unfortunately you get fanboys of all shapes and sizes. There are COD vs Battlefield fanboys, Xbox vs PS vs PC fanboys, Rugby League VS Union fanboys (local sport reference), Tuner vs Muscle car fanboys, Car vs Bike fanboys, I could go on and on. Some of us are just more logical people who like what they like, and understand the world is bigger than our preferences.

So there's my fiddy cents, we keep going like this and we can buy a box of tissues for OP's issues.

I am not one of these fanboys, I own every console and have a gaming computer. I prefer PC gaming but I purchased consoles because I really enjoy Forza, Halo and Gears of War games and PS4 often has some great exclusives that I don't like missing out on.

I simply prefer the gameplay in Forza 6, it just feels artificial in Driveclub. Don't know if I will ever beat Driveclub or even play it again, but I will keep it just encase.

Latest Posts

Back