Weak Track List, Very Disappointed

Only 6 country locations, many of the tracks have similar layouts, also the fact that they put reversed versions of the tracks to make it look like there is more than there actually is, this is pathetic.

Playing this is making me wanna play Project Gotham racing 4 on Xbox 360, it had 10 locations all this many track variations, I think over 100.

I really thought I would like this game. The gameplay just doesn't feel right, after coming from Forza 6 the gameplay feels like a huge step down, in a racer that is supposed to be simcade like forza 6, this is pathetic.

One: Does every track in PGR4 have day/night cycles, where the time of day can be adjusted by half -hour increments? Dynamic weather? Does Forza 6 have any of these for that matter? The answer is no. Sure I have said in the past that some environments do look a bit homogenous because of them being set in coniferous locations most of the time, but you PGR4 is an even worse example you cite because 90% of the tracks are in cities.

You should just be glad that they have actually been adding to the track list, something which no other developer is doing this generation, aside from SMS.

Two: Comparing FM6 to DC, and calling FM6 a simcade for that matter, is both inaccurate and uninformed. You're comparing 60fps to 30fps, car tuning and upgrading to none of that in DC. You can't possibly tell me that you're one of those who don't appreciate the hard work put in by the developers and just want real-life tracks in DC.

PGR4 is an even worse example you cite because 90% of the tracks are in cities.

I think this is due to that PGR is evolved from Metropolis Street Racer.

I like the tracks in Driveclub. They are varied and range from easy to technical demanding. It's a great selection and the environments are so nice that it's just fun to hang around in whatever track DC has to offer. Surely there are a few tracks I like less than others but that's perfectly normal. I can say that in every country I have one or 2 favorite tracks with Putre being my number one.

The issue that many current racers have is that they offer real world tracks (which is great) but we all have driven them to death the last 20 years on several console generations. The new generations enhance the experience but they stay the same tracks. I would like to see that the sims start to offer some tracks that are more rare because it could add some fresh air into them.

For DC I hope EVO stays on this route with fictional tracks in different environments because they fit this game really well.

Last edited:
...I simply prefer the gameplay in Forza 6, it just feels artificial in Driveclub. Don't know if I will ever beat Driveclub or even play it again, but I will keep it just encase.
Once more, comparisons between the two are pointless.

You also haven't edited your use of swearing on your previous post...EDIT: Point 6 from the AUP:
You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning

Last edited:
I am not one of these fanboys, I own every console and have a gaming computer. I prefer PC gaming but I purchased consoles because I really enjoy Forza, Halo and Gears of War games and PS4 often has some great exclusives that I don't like missing out on.

I simply prefer the gameplay in Forza 6, it just feels artificial in Driveclub. Don't know if I will ever beat Driveclub or even play it again, but I will keep it just encase.

I never said you were, I was speaking to someone about the fact that it's mostly fanboys you see irrationally hating on things, and postulating why that may be.

But, in your case, you're claiming the tracks have similar layouts and there isn't many of them, the physics "feel artificial" and pathetic compared to FM6, the gameplay is exactly the same as Burnout, the graphics are basically just as good on FM6, and then you swore about how it's so bad it makes you want to play PGR on X360...

Now, how does that look any better than the fanboy rants you see in Youtube comments? None of it makes any sense. The fact that you say you own every console makes it worse that you're ranting like a fanboy.

I'm done with this clown, have fun guys. *drops the mic*:cool:

I really thought I would like this game. The gameplay just doesn't feel right, after coming from Forza 6 the gameplay feels like a huge step down, in a racer that is supposed to be simcade like forza 6, this is pathetic.

No, Driveclub is not really supposed to be that at all. And calling Forza 6 simcade is among one of the most holier-than-thou elitist sim snob critiques I've heard in a while.

Now if only Drive Club had a track builder feature for the various locations with options for bridges, inclines, down hill sections, various bends and still enabling the fab weather for day/night cycles.

I'll use a printer quality comparison here:

I would rather have 6 locations that are photo quality and on photo paper than some "Zerox fast draft" on office copy paper garbage like we've seen in other games.

Just appreciate the game for what it is. End of story.

Agree, no racing game is going to be like the real thing. They are games. I have GT6, Driveclub, and Project Cars. All three are fun in there own ways. Driveclub has a great fun factor. Just get in a race. No trying to figure out how to tune a car. No complaining about Skid Recovery Force, or any other driving aids. It is just plain fun. A bit more knocking around than I like but FUN. Wish you could name your lobbies though like you can in GT6. Finding clean races is a challenge. Seem like since GTA V came out everyone thinks you have to kill or wreck everyone you see. I like clean racing.

I am not one of these fanboys, I own every console and have a gaming computer. I prefer PC gaming but I purchased consoles because I really enjoy Forza, Halo and Gears of War games and PS4 often has some great exclusives that I don't like missing out on.

I simply prefer the gameplay in Forza 6, it just feels artificial in Driveclub. Don't know if I will ever beat Driveclub or even play it again, but I will keep it just encase.

This is an understandable position, and the gameplay does feel different between the two games. I think the point to be made here is that they are not comparable, that they are supposed to feel different. I've played a great deal of Forza Motorsport over the years and it doesn't feel like DriveClub. I've also played a lot of Forza Horizon and, to me, it feels extremely similar to DriveClub.

The makers of FM and Horizon don't compare the two, and as such we can't really compare FM and DriveClub. Additionally, this is all based on our expectations. If I go out and buy every racing game available and expect them all to feel like Project Cars (my current favorite) then won't I be hugely disappointed? That is all that is being said here.

As an analogy, to say that DC is worse than FM6 is like saying that a peanut butter is worse than mayonnaise. It's just not a valid argument to have.

The tracks do not seem similar at all.

I think he means that they are of the same style which, to his credit, is largely accurate. Most of the 'tracks' are open-road style experiences that are a mix of twisty sections and flowing freeways, and a lot of them have a distinct hill-climby feel.

I'm not sure 'hill-climby' is a valid adjective, but it gets my point across.

I think he means that they are of the same style which, to his credit, is largely accurate. Most of the 'tracks' are open-road style experiences that are a mix of twisty sections and flowing freeways, and a lot of them have a distinct hill-climby feel.

I'm not sure 'hill-climby' is a valid adjective, but it gets my point across.
Only two of the P2P tracks in Chile could be classed as hill-climb events truly, the rest, and by that I mean all of the other locations, just have hills which the roads are on. I still think the OP's comment is basically flawed, as any game could be said to have tracks that are 'similar to each other' if they are boiled down and reduced in such a manner as you are suggesting.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back