Wednesday Night Racing - Now on GT7 - Thanks for all the races everyone

• Thread starter ynot
  • 513 comments
Don't assume. BoP doesn't mean you can't change the handling of the car, or the gear ratio's. Just means power to weight ratio will be locked to be similar for all cars.
Correct, not perfect, but its what I had to work with. I will look at power and weights down the road. I had to get something together almost before the game came out. There will be some one make no tuning races coming.

You can tune away.

I need more time in the day, I only get a couple hours a day to play if I am lucky, how can I get the perfect tune, continue doing SP stuff, take pictures, make liveries and compete in the FIA cups.......I guess who needs sleep. :lol:

I need more time in the day, I only get a couple hours a day to play if I am lucky, how can I get the perfect tune, continue doing SP stuff, take pictures, make liveries and compete in the FIA cups.......I guess who needs sleep. :lol:
Agree, check out the tuning section. Might find a tune you like there. I only make minor adjustments since I am not a tuner. I just about run stock.

Agree, check out the tuning section. Might find a tune you like there. I only make minor adjustments since I am not a tuner. I just about run stock.

I will check it out. Thanks. I like tuning, but it takes a lot of time to get everything out of the car, I typically just do gearing.

Monday One Makes - Coming Soon

I will start hosting Monday One Makes soon on GT Sport.

• These will be one make races 20 minutes in duration.
  • Will run 2-3 races each Monday.
  • Regulated power and weight based on how you buy the car from Brand Central.
  • Since there is not an option to limit tuning it will be allowed.
  • We will be changing cars and tracks each week.

Had some success with this concept on GT6 so were bringing it to Sport.

More details soon.

Last edited:
Turkey 250 - 11/24

Join us for the 2nd running of the Turkey 250, now on GT Sport.

250 Miles at Dragon Trail

Lobby Opens at 8:00pm Central Time USA (Dallas TX)
Race will start shortly after.

Track
Location = Dragon Trail (Forward)
Laps or Time = 78 Laps
Time Of Day 1:00:00 PM

Race Settings
Start Type = Rolling
Grid Order Fastest = First
Boost = Weak
Slipstream Strength = Real
Visible Damage = OFF
Mechanical Damage = Light
Tire Wear = 3
Fuel Consumption = 2
Initial Fuel = Default
Grip Reduction = Real
Race Finish Delay = 180

Regulation Settings

Filter By Category = Gr.3
Balance OF Performance = On
Power Limit = NA
Weight = NA
Maximum Tire Rating Racing = Super Softs
Minimum Tire Rating Racing = Hards
Type Of Racing Number = NA
Assign Car Number Automatically = NA
Kart Usage = OFF

Penalty Settings

Ghost During Race = Weak
Shortcut Penalty = Strong
Wall Collision Penalty = Time (Weak)
Wall Collision Detection = OFF
Side Contact Penalty = On
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision = OFF
Replace Car At Course Out = OFF
Flag Rules = On

Limit Driving Options

Counter Steering Assist = OFF
ASM = On
Driving Line Assist = On
Traction Control = On
ABS = On
Auto Drive = OFF

Will be in a Friends Only Lobby so be sure to send me friend request if you interested in racing this event.

Also, how does this party chat system work?
Do you have a mic? I usually open a party chat on PSN. Just to the left of your Profile icon on the PS4 is a headset icon. You can create and join a party chat room there.

In the Gr.4 league, how many people use steering wheel and pedals? I am using a dual-shock fwiw.

I am on the DS4, the counter steer assist is a life saver with the controller.

Also, how does this party chat system work?

Haha, I had to ask my oldest son this also, I have never been much of an online guy until this game. I use headphones when I play and don't have a mic, so I guess I will miss out on most of the fun.

How many people use TCS? I have mine turned off because back in GT5 it was a requirement for leagues. Has that changed?

I try not to use it, on the cars I have been driving I am able to not use it, some of the sport races on cars I am not familiar with I have turned it on. I am way faster without it.

Haha, I had to ask my oldest son this also, I have never been much of an online guy until this game. I use headphones when I play and don't have a mic, so I guess I will miss out on most of the fun.

I try not to use it, on the cars I have been driving I am able to not use it, some of the sport races on cars I am not familiar with I have turned it on. I am way faster without it.

W/o it I am really hesitant to go full throttle until I am well into the corner exit. Otherwise it's all oversteer.

W/o it I am really hesitant to go full throttle until I am well into the corner exit. Otherwise it's all oversteer.

Yeah it can be difficult. Been running the 458 around Brands Hatch, I never lose control but it definitely kicks the rear out a bit, makes it so fun to drive. :D

Since Tomorrow is the big night, and I figure some of us have been practicing for the race, (at least I have :lol:) Anyways I think I am as fast as I will be and am wondering what times some of you have been running at Brands Hatch? I was able to run a mid 1:31, not sure if I can get much more, but I would like to do some sport races tonight with my limited time, but if I have to I will practice more tonight. I am slightly competitive in case you can't tell. :)

I know I am not the fastest based on practices, but just wondering where I am sitting. :cheers:

Since Tomorrow is the big night, and I figure some of us have been practicing for the race, (at least I have :lol:) Anyways I think I am as fast as I will be and am wondering what times some of you have been running at Brands Hatch? I was able to run a mid 1:31, not sure if I can get much more, but I would like to do some sport races tonight with my limited time, but if I have to I will practice more tonight. I am slightly competitive in case you can't tell. :)

I know I am not the fastest based on practices, but just wondering where I am sitting. :cheers:
Your a bit faster than me. I am off tomorrow Wednesday so will be on practicing on and off most of the day. Going to try a few more cars out. Most likely will stick to the Mustang since I can get it around the track without too much trouble.

Don't need a mic but here is a good deal on a great headset. It's what I use but the black and red version. USB jack will need to go in the PS4, red and white RCA audio cables to the audio out from the back of the TV or sound system. Great frequency range, mic sounds good too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8EHJY4/?tag=gtplanet-20

For the GT3 endurance race can you confirm that boost will on?
Yes, it will be on weak. I have done many long races over the years and I use the boost to replace cautions that would normally happen in a real race to get the cars back together for a restart. Since there is no cautions in Gran Turismo nobody stops when there is an incident. This causes those involved to be left way behind early and most likely will drop out of the race. Nobody wants to be taken out early and drive around by themselves for 70 laps. No Fun. Penalties are on heavy, damage on light so you will fall behind if you mess up.

You can call a course caution in chat. Just type yellow and explain to everyone what that means before the race. It does require a few minutes but I am sure the people interested in this would also follow some easy instructions.

You can call a course caution in chat. Just type yellow and explain to everyone what that means before the race. It does require a few minutes but I am sure the people interested in this would also follow some easy instructions.
I've tried that too, they just keep hauling butt.

Back