Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,921 comments
Using the old KPrime random selector:

Special Event = Renault R4
Schwarzwald League = VW Polo GTI (Lord help me!)
Ferrari Circuit Challenge = Ferrari 512 BB
Historic Sports Car Masters = BMW 3.0 CSL '71 ( 😍 )
WTC 800 = Ford Mustang Gr.3

Looking forward to the 6-star Car ticket and there's a decent credits haul for this week with the Sardegna race in the mix returning more than any of the usual tickets (unless you're lucky and receive a million...).
This week was surprisingly easy for me, and mildly rewarding...

Race 1 in the Renault was easy, done and dusted first run. Didn't win by much, but winning's winning.

Race 2 in the VW Polo against mighty German power in the form of 911 GT3s and AMG GT Black Edition, and it absolutely cleaned up! I forgot I had nearly max tuned this thing, so I gave it the last couple of power mods to make it really fly. With SS tyres and over 350hp it is a little weapon!!

Race 3 was more tricky in the 512 BB, running against things like the 458 Italia and F50, but still managed to gain the lead on lap 3 and hold on to win by a fair margin.

Race 4 in the 3.0 CSL was a much harder task. Underpowered but much stronger in the handling department wasn't a great combo for Spa, but I managed to gain the win in the final chicane. Not proud to say it was a very messy pass, but if the Miura in 1st hadn't overbraked the turn I wouldn't have t-boned him into the shadow realm! Scrappy win, but a win...

Race 5 in the Mustang was always going to be a tough one. With Fraga's Supra running consistent 1:38's and me running the occasional 1:39, I had no hope of catching up. I finished in 2nd with nearly 30s to Fraga in 1st.

After all that, I collected my cash (which included a generous 5k from a 3* daily workout), a prop shaft for my '19 Supra RZ, and a Porsche VGT Roadster - which is a car I didn't have, so at least some fortune there!

I think I'll head back to the Spa race and run it in a few different cars. I forgot how fun that race is!

Last edited:
I did this yesterday. Wasn't really looking for a challenge but rather some fun. In the end, I got both.

I really don't like Rally and I don't like this track, so I chose my fully upgraded R4. Stayed at P2 so I have a car to follow 'cause I never know where to go on this track. Passed him before the last corner, easy win.
1000012659.png

For Nordschleife I chose the fully stock GT3 RS 'cause I wanted to use the Senna/McLaren livery I recently found. I was at P3, close behind the leaders, when I forgot to shift down at Pflanzgarten and lost a few seconds there. Passed P2 at Schwalbenschwanz and was right behind the AMG at Döttinger Höhe. But despite slipstream and DRS I couldn't pass him, but I took P1 at Hohenrain, just before the finish.
1000012660.png

The Ferrari Challenge at Lago Maggiore was by far the hardest one of the series for me when I did those races some time ago. So I thought the La Ferrari would be a safe bet here. Well, it wasn't and I just took P3. I drove poorly and although I like the track I guess I just suck there. Always missing corner entries somehow.
1000012662.png

The Spa Race was fun! I did it with a slightly tuned Pantera on SS tires at 570PP. I like this car a lot! Looks great, sounds great, handles very well! Not the highest top speed but it makes up for this around corners. Took P1 at the final lap, relatively easy win.
1000012661.png

And then there's Sardegna. I haven't driven there in ages 'cause I did all my grinding at Le Mans. I remember that I used the Mazda LM55 in the past for a win without pit stop, so I thought I try this again. But back then I was on either easy or normal, this time I was on hard, so my strategy didn't work and I finished P2, 7 seconds behind Fraga.
1000012679.png

The car ticket gave me a Skoda VGT, a car I really don't want. So I will save the ticket for after the update although I don't have high hopes there....

Hmm, got 2nd place with a stock Renault on the rally cross. I was inches away from smashing the P1 car going into the final turn which would have given me the win. Is it worth doing this race over and over again just to get P1? Nah…

Won Sardegna with a 1 stop strategy in the ‘20 AMG Gr.3 car with the high rpm turbo RM tires, FM6 and short shifting. Been a while since I raced that circuit. It was fun in a nostalgic kind of way.

6* car ticket gave me a Mazda LM55.

Last edited:
In single player mode you are usually a tyre swap away from a very easy win. Stick the best tyres you can on, and many races are easily winnable even for non-aliens.
I really don't understand what is GT7's problem with tyre restrictions on much of the single player content. Both in World Circuits, where many races would be that bit more spicy if you were obligated to match tyre category, and Custom Races which suffer with some of the worst nonsense when it comes to tyres in general.

Finished the final race yesterday night, done them all now and here's how things went for me this week :

Race 1 - The stock R4 wasn't quick enough for placing first. In about ten attempts the best I could do was third place. Was about to try play demolition derby to see where this gets me but finally went with N2O that I had on the car anyway. Mainly using it to get up to speed after the hairpins was enough for a safe win.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240524133133.jpg
Passing A. Mosso at the end of lap 2

Race 2 - Finished the first run on the Nordschleife in second with my de tuned 600 PP GT3 RS. I was in the lead already but couldn't defend T. Sugawara's top speed after Döttinger Höhe. Changed the car settings then for a bit more power and a big enough gap.
On a sidenote : I used SH tires on the car for the first time that feel much better imo than the standard SM.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240524154247.jpg
Nothing to worry about in the rear view mirror

Race 3 - The Lake Maggiore Ferrari challenge was my favorite event this time. I really fell in love with the Dino GT which is one more great car I've discovered running these WC s. And of course there's been this bit of extra fun battling modern supercars with a souped up fifty years old vehicle ... and beat them.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240525190627.jpg
Creating sufficient overlap for the upcoming right hander

Race 4 - I know the RX500 being one of my go to cars in a certain PP range for QM online racing back in the days, so there's definitely been some nostalgic melancholy picking it for Spa. Results in short : P3 / + 18 sec with the stock car, P2 / + 3 sec after adding CS tires, P1 / - 0,1 sec after adding a racing ECU.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240526140147.jpg
Three Lambos finishing up front. Oh wait ...

Race 5 - Hadn't driven the Supra GT500 before and it came as a complete surprise that it's far from being as competitive as a 787B lol. I was able to keep up with the competition in the stock car, for tackling I. Fraga and F. Portilla I needed a high range turbo though. A standard strategy brought the win : RM, FM3, box box for fuel and tires after laps 5 and 10.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240527210305.jpg
Wallrider's paradise, not mine !

5 wins, 5 CRBs and an Aston Martin One-77 from the ticket. And an update ahead. :D

Last edited:
The AI always stick to the "line" they're programmed to run. There is no "active intelligence" for them, unless they're Sophy.
You can get the AI off their line on Tokyo by just being near them. On Maggiore they will take you out if you try overtake them.

So you can’t use a blanket statement that they run preprogrammed lines. If that were the case you would always see the exact same race lines, the exact same leader board, the exact same race times, etc out of the AI. But you don't.

You can get the AI off their line on Tokyo by just being near them. On Maggiore they will take you out if you try overtake them.

So you can’t use a blanket statement that they run preprogrammed lines. If that were the case you would always see the exact same race lines, the exact same leader board, the exact same race times, etc out of the AI. But you don't.
That's right, they do not drive always the same and sometimes react to your actions. But they also did the same things again and again, like Kokubun going direct to the left when going into Eau Rouge at Spa, in a race I don't remember. He is not always there with that car, but when he is, he does it every time.

That's right, they do not drive always the same and sometimes react to your actions. But they also did the same things again and again, like Kokubun going direct to the left when going into Eau Rouge at Spa, in a race I don't remember. He is not always there with that car, but when he is, he does it every time.

Which race was that at Spa? I've never seen him do that before.

You're not wrong about my total blanket statement about their predetermined line. They do different things once in a while, but the leaderboard is actually pretty consistent. For Sardegna 800PP, the Viper is leading most of the race, and the 911 is always finishing last or only 3 position max from last. At certain sections of the track, they're really persistent to their trajectory. You can pretty bet on their intended path more than 70% of the time.

Hmm, got 2nd place with a stock Renault on the rally cross. I was inches away from smashing the P1 car going into the final turn which would have given me the win. Is it worth doing this race over and over again just to get P1? Nah…

Won Sardegna with a 1 stop strategy in the ‘20 AMG Gr.3 car with the high rpm turbo RM tires, FM6 and short shifting. Been a while since I raced that circuit. It was fun in a nostalgic kind of way.

6* car ticket gave me a Mazda LM55.
Renault rally cross was a fun but tough one, best I could do is 3rd.

Race 1 - R4 GTL '85 - only wanted to finish in first 3, made it after three tries. Got the parts ticket and bore up for Quattro from it.

18fc32529a188-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - 911 GT3 (997) '09 - heavy rain and AI, not good! Won on my second attempt, after I started on IM.

18fc3254d1486-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - F50 '95 - put SS and went racing. There was too many mistakes to claim the first place, that belonged to F8 Tributo with 13s difference.

18fc3bae5b558-screenshotUrl.jpg

My cars for the week... First 3 races...
20240529_225705.jpg

Then for the Ferrari event at Maggiore I went for this:
20240504_120028.jpg

Lastly for the Historic race, i decided to take the Aston Martin DB5 out for another run... ;)
PT5_0776.JPG

TC1_7073.JPG

PS where do we think the one make race for the Volvo Estate will be? 🤔 I'm going to guess at it being Alsace...

Last edited:
Why are there even blue flags/lights if the AI isn't even programmed to move over?
Yeah it is frustrating ! I Have touched this subject a year or so ago but I have since just learnt to live with it. Even made a MEME at the time.

Attachments

• if you think you are useless.jpg
    if you think you are useless.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 5
The car ticket gave me a Skoda VGT, a car I really don't want. So I will save the ticket for after the update although I don't have high hopes there....
So today I rerolled my ticket. But unfortunately it looks like PD really thinks that I don't have enough VGTs. Nothing changed, I still got the Skoda and that's the 3rd VGT I got from those car tickets. I sold the other 2 immediately but this time I may wait a bit....

1000012749.png

So today I rerolled my ticket. But unfortunately it looks like PD really thinks that I don't have enough VGTs. Nothing changed, I still got the Skoda and that's the 3rd VGT I got from those car tickets. I sold the other 2 immediately but this time I may wait a bit....

View attachment 1360039
I also got the same car on my re-roll. All that changed was it’s position in the wheel of disappointment

I ran the Euro Clubman 600 a couple times the past days for fun.
Feels so so satisfying when Gallo comes flying from behind with his fake Giulia at 345 km/h down the final straight and still doesn't get me in the Dino ... :D

Last edited:
Back