Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,521 comments
I wasn't gaining until lap 8, maybe try again, with a better knowledge of the track now, and the fact they all will pit. Use RM tyres and you don't need to pit at all.
thanks for the times. its certainly not a good race to try when tired. I tried the overtake button but using right stick when also trying to go full throttle is meh. plus im not sure if its actually activating. Ill have to try more when Im fresh.

I did not even know there was such a feature 🤣 and no idea what it is supposed to do.
It's kind of like Nitrous. It's handy in the beginning of these races to catch up to the first few cars. I don't know why it's so hard to catch up at the beginning of these SF races without it. The field should not be as spread out as it is.

Then use it sparingly getting onto the straights or to overtake.

The no-stop strategy is strong on these races, too. At least at Watkins Glen, since the AI brake too much for the bus-stop chicane, the RM or RH tires can keep up with the RS tires any AI may be using. I do think some of them are on RH and don't pit, but they're pretty slow.

I don't know why it's so hard to catch up at the beginning of these SF races without it. The field should not be as spread out as it is.
I did this race yesterday and I noticed that the Super Formula car really loses performance when tyres get worn down. The car is so fast and grippy when tyres are new, and there's a big time noticeable down in performance when tyres are gone. The spectrum (per say) is too wide.

Maybe, (maybe! That's just my opinion) the IA gets a way very good performance during the optimal performance window (beginning of the race). Almost if it's unbalaced compared to the player's car. Hence the difficult to close the gap in the first part of the race.

I'm just theorizing after a very good 1st impression driving the SF car.

Well, Saturday afternoon, so gave it a go with a maxed out Ford Raptor - I stupidly did all the weight reductions, it would have been better to keep it heavy. Got to lap 6 without worrying about CRB, 5th place, 4 in front too far ahead to muscle with, so quit.
I can live without the last ticket.

Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF
That was my mistake too with the weight reduction. Truck was all over the place. Oh well.

Did de SF race this morning with a SF Honda '23 tuned to Praiano's settings wearing RS. No need to pit with softs, as by lap 8 I finally took the lead (funny enough, it's true that the competition is hard during the first 2/3rds of the race (as someone has mentioned earlier, it seems they run quick with their tires in optimal conditions), and one has to take it easy (and be careful with their lines) when overtaking. In lap 8 I was gaining fast on the then leader and came out of the last corner much quicker than him, so when I was about to make the move on the straight.... He decides to pit in front of me 😁. With the gap gained by not pitting, those last laps, I just drove like Miss Daisy with totally destroyed rears, but managed to win it comfortably.

It was my first experience with a SF and I must say that it's been fun! Damn, they are sticky on the turns compared to the rest of the cars I've driven so far

Last edited:
Truly the worst offline race in the entire game, that one.
Not for me...

Nothing is worse-for me- than races with modern F1 or Super Formula cars!

I hate driving those cars so much, that I don't even bother to try this race and abstain from getting that 6-star ticket this time(as I did with that RedBull race the other week...)

I don't even get it, why those cars are in the game in the first place, wouldn't miss them a second...(but that's just my personal opinion)

The hardest race in the SF cars, I’ve found, is Fuji. Though I haven’t tried the Autopolis race yet. St. Croix was a close second to Fuji, but that darn Fuji race requires you to be on your game for the whole thing. No “wait for the AI to pit and breeze to an easy victory.”

I think St. Croix was more of a “wait, am I turning left at the next turn or right? Where am I?”

Last edited:
I used the Tundra. Wide body and no weight reduction. Full berserk mode, rammed and shoved everything outta my way, then stayed behind P1 so I knew where I had to go on this stupid track. Passed him on the last corner of the last lap to win the race😄
Your pseudo is well deserved, but I understood it as "I crash a lot" it seems that I was wrong 🤣

don't forget for Super Formula races:

-aspiration is very profitable...
-don't forget to boost/overtake

-they slow down at the end of the race because they don't change tires

-do 2 x 6 laps on soft tyres

- be careful when entering the pits, don't cross the yellow line, otherwise it's 3 seconds

-and Praiano's setting is fine....
ttps://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-270#post-14003953

-for those who have difficulty: try "easy" difficulty

Yesterday I completed the weekly challenges by doing the Super Formula race. The car is super fast, it looked like I was watching a gameplay with the video sped up... 😂

RM, TC1, FM1 (It doesn't make a difference it all anyways). No pit stops.

Made a livery for the Super Formula Car.

The 6 star ticket gave me a Ford GT LM spec II. That white car in the Gran Turismo 4 cover. A nice gift in my opinion.

20830006087452396.jpg

For the Super Formula race, I ran racing soft tyres at the front and racing medium tyres for the rear, which negated the need for pitting and helped me from preventing the last few laps from being as tricky, if I was running on 4 completely worn soft tyres. I found it to be the best balance for grip and durability.

Had some fun this week:
  • European Sunday Cup - Peugeot 208
  • Japanese Clubman Cup - Toyota HiMedic
  • World Rally Challenge - Ford Focus Gr. B
  • American Clubman Cup - '06 Ford GT
  • Super Formula - SF23 Toyota
Rewards:
  • 30k from 4-Star Daily
  • Dupe GT-R LM NISMO from Car Ticket

Last edited:
Did the SF today. First race a a dud in 4th. Just couldn't catch up. RH/no pit. Praiano's tune.
Second try was fun! Same strategy. Everyone pitted except Igor and Yamanaka. By lap 10 I was right behind them. Passed Yamanaka at the first turn on lap 11. Then Igor on the uphill before the right. Held on for another lap. I'm not used to these speeds and these cars but man that was fun ! My controller was all sweaty. :lol:
Watkins Glen Long Course__11 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Passing Igor
Watkins Glen Long Course__13 by 2cam16, on Flickr

Last edited:
Second account ran these cars:

Race 1 at Alsace: Bone stock Fiat Abarth 500 ‘09 - Easy 1st. Nothing really to report.

Race 2 at Grand Vally Hwy: Bone Stock Civic Type R (FK2) ‘15 - Easy 2nd place. 1st was 7 seconds ahead of everyone else. Kind of strange but it got the job done.

Race 3 at Catalunya Rally Cross: Stock Peugeot 205 Evolution 2 ‘86 with dirt tires - Easy 3rd and I did have the fastest lap but couldn’t close the 1.5 second gap between me and the 2 guys battling for 1st. Oh well.

Race 4 at Mt. Panorama - Tuned Ford GT ‘06 (675pp) - Easy 1st. Took the lead on lap 3 and never got challenged. The Corvette must be running N2O as he is a beast on the 2 straights but he’s no good up on the mountain.

Race 5 at Watkins Glen: SF19 Toyota - Easy 1st. Added a bit of downforce but otherwise stock. Ran the RS/RS strategy and pitted after lap 6. Full throttle through the carousel after the chicane and through the 2nd to last turn feels great. This whole track is just awesome, especially for cars with high downforce. Sign me up for more races like this at this circuit.

6* car ticket was hot garbage. Mitsubishi Evo VGT. Completely useless vehicle in this game.

Last edited:
Main account used these cars:

Race 1 at Alsace: IsoRivolta Zagato VGT fully detuned - 3rd place. Kind of a dumb car and Comfort Hards made it drive like it was on ice.

Race 2 at Grand Valley Hwy: Honda Sports VGT with a 600pp Tokyo tune - Easy 1st place. Car drives like it is on rails. So much grip. Fun little VGT car for these 550-600pp races.

Race 3 at Catalunya Rally Cross: Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car (stock with dirt tires) - Easy 1st place. Took 1st in the last turn of the 2nd lap and never looked back. Won by 9.8 seconds. I tried a few VGT cars but they are all too heavy and they can’t turn. No ability to add a torque vectoring center diff (thanks PD for making these VGT cars untunable).

Race 4 at Mt. Panorama: Ford Mustang Boss 429 ‘69 (600pp Tokyo tune) - Easy 1st place. This car is so OP for Tokyo I thought I would take it out here for a spin in the same tune. Other than the massive amount of torque requiring TC2 to be needed it’s a beast here as well. The Corvette still gains on you on the straights but loses everything through the turns. I highly recommend everyone with this car check out the Tokyo thread for the 600pp tune for this car. Best classic muscle car in the game, bar none.

Race 5 at Watkins Glen: SF23 Honda (only added downforce otherwise stock) - Comfortable 2nd place. This car is okay, but it wears out tires much faster than the SF19. I was out of front left tire after 5 laps where the SF19 would still have half its tire life after 6. So I did need to lift a hair through the carousel on a few laps which, of course, hurts lap times. Overall I prefer the SF19 versions of these cars but this one still got me a podium spot with 10 seconds of tuning.

6* gave me a Bugatti Chiron. That’s the car I needed in my second account to help increase my collector level. Damn it.

Back