Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,927 comments
I made a second attempt a the Gr.1 race at Suzuka with the Hyundai N 2025... and failed again. This time, my plan was a 1-stop strategy. I'd run on RMs until the rain came or I ran out of fuel, then switch to IMs or RSs for the remaining laps. There was a short drizzle around lap 3, but it didn't leave the track wet enough to warrant switching to IMs. I worked my way up to P2, staying out until lap 6, when my fuel was running out. I saw on the weather radar that some more rain was on its way, but even fully zoomed out, i couldn't tell how heavy it would be or how soon it would reach the track. I decided to go for RSs in the hope of getting a couple quick laps in before the rain hit. The rain came much sooner than I expected, starting while I was still on my out lap. I pitted again for IMs. I came out in P12, or so. The rain was heavy for a little while, and left the track in the IM range. But the rain stopped and track dried almost immediately, leaving the IMs with very little grip. I did manage to pick up a few more positions for a P8 finish (I think). Not having much luck with this one.

I made a second attempt a the Gr.1 race at Suzuka with the Hyundai N 2025... and failed again. This time, my plan was a 1-stop strategy. I'd run on RMs until the rain came or I ran out of fuel, then switch to IMs or RSs for the remaining laps. There was a short drizzle around lap 3, but it didn't leave the track wet enough to warrant switching to IMs. I worked my way up to P2, staying out until lap 6, when my fuel was running out. I saw on the weather radar that some more rain was on its way, but even fully zoomed out, i couldn't tell how heavy it would be or how soon it would reach the track. I decided to go for RSs in the hope of getting a couple quick laps in before the rain hit. The rain came much sooner than I expected, starting while I was still on my out lap. I pitted again for IMs. I came out in P12, or so. The rain was heavy for a little while, and left the track in the IM range. But the rain stopped and track dried almost immediately, leaving the IMs with very little grip. I did manage to pick up a few more positions for a P8 finish (I think). Not having much luck with this one.
Try the one the SF cars they work well there for me

kjb
Try the one the SF cars they work well there for me
I'm sure you're right, but I prefer to use the same category of cars that are in the race to give myself more of a challenge.

Anyways, the third time with the Hyundai N 2025 proved to be the charm. Started on RMs. Rain started at the end of lap 5. Pitted for IMs and fuel. Easily passed all of the cars that were caught out on slicks on my out lap. I caught P1 coming out of the pits as I started the next one. Easily got past them and finished the race with a 20+-second lead.

Won a Peugeot 908i for the trouble.
weekly-challenge-reward-202402w3.jpg

I've been completing these Weekly Challenges regularly for a while now. This week was my first time experiencing the seemingly random reward bug. None of the three tickets (credits or car roulette) ever popped for me. After the first two tickets, I tried quitting and restarting the game. I've never time-travelled.

Any idea if this may randomly resolve itself next week? It's a bit disheartening to do all that work to earn nothing.

Last edited:
Whenever I've had this issue it has always been for one week and not present the next week.
I can confirm the same. Between the 3 accounts on my PS5 it’s never the same one each week. It just rotates between the 3.

I love how this makes perfect sense in this context but virtually no other :lol:

Whenever I've had this issue it has always been for one week and not present the next week. However I've also only ever been able to trigger it by time travel, so that may not be entirely reassuring.
I've never time-travelled.

Any idea if this may randomly resolve itself next week? It's a bit disheartening to do all that work to earn nothing.
Ziggy says there's a 78.4 per cent chance that this won't happen again next week...
And a 38.4 per cent chance that you're old enough to get the reference.
Regards, Al...

Now that was some good fun. Used my SR3 for the first race, Skyline Silhouette for the turbo sports cars, engine Swapped tundra for the GR.B race. Detuned the Bugatti VGT for the VGT race and had a great time as it drives well. Finally cranked on more front aero on the SF23 to bring it under 950 and had a nice easy race.
However the 6 star exceeded my expectations by paying out a La Ferrari as its always great to earn invite cars without needing the invite. Doubly so when its one you don't have yet like the LaF for me

A short summary of this week's races. Everything's been going fine again, surprisingly easy wins without any second attempt.
Did the races in reverse order starting on Suzuka.

Used the Mazda LM55 VGT Gr.1 there. RM tires, fuel map 2, one stop at the end of lap 6 was good enough for the win. Was a bit lucky when the rain set in at the end of lap 7 because the track stayed just dry enough to finish the race on RM tires.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240219230611.jpg

For Tokyo I chose my VGT goto car, the Lambo. I can't remember one single race that I had trouble in when using this car. No clue why this is, must be some Lambo magic.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240219232819.jpg

I thought my 700 PP Silvia Touring Car was somehow comparable speed wise with the Gr.B opponents on Alsace. How wrong I was. Felt like a Sunday Cup race. And hey, the fireworks ...

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240219234221.jpg

For the race on Road Atlanta I decided to hop into my former grind car, the Aston Martin DP-100. Didn't change the Tokyo setup in any way and it proved to be quick and stable here too.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240219235653.jpg

A detuned Lancia Stratos on CM tires was the car for my final race on Sardegna Track B. I hadn't used it since the early days of GT7 and this race on Alsace, but again I found it to be an unbelievable great car. What an enjoyable drive.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240220001121.jpg

Got all three tickets like in any other week before, never had an issue here. Since my car collection is complete since two weeks now, I sold the prize car immediately.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240218135225.jpg

Now it's waiting for Thursday !

Last edited:
Well, neither of my accounts are getting the rewards this week. Already uninstalled and reinstalled GT7 thinking that would change something, but it didn’t.

It would have been nice to get the 6* car ticket on my second account. Would have helped towards the collector level.

Each week I quickly do the Sunday Cup race on my main, my alt, and my son’s account. My 8 year old’s account keeps getting no reward. Just about every other week I have to explain to him that his account won’t be getting the prizes for the week.

No timezone adjustments or shenanigans going on with his account. All 3 have been susceptible to the glitch, but his seems to be the worst. I think my main and alt have only had one glitched week so far.
I didn’t change any clock and same no rewards for any challenge!

Well, I almost hate to comment for fear of karma, but I've had no issues. I've collected them one by one as earned, all at once when I complete all 5 events, with daily prize, without daily prize, every imaginable combination of collection method possible. I don't pause game overnight or mess with clock/region settings. This is the case since WC was a thing. Never missed a week, never missed a prize. Next week I'm sure to join the frustrated crowd.

Well, I almost hate to comment for fear of karma, but I've had no issues. I've collected them one by one as earned, all at once when I complete all 5 events, with daily prize, without daily prize, every imaginable combination of collection method possible. I don't pause game overnight or mess with clock/region settings. This is the case since WC was a thing. Never missed a week, never missed a prize. Next week I'm sure to join the frustrated crowd.
I’m with you on this! I’ve not had any issues yet, I’ve received every weekly prize since it started but I’m just waiting for that week it happens! (Knowing my luck it’ll be a special week with like Cr.2M up for grabs or something 🤣)

Back