Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,315 comments
Nothing to do with rest mode being the sole culprit, just maybe an accelerator on the issue laying beneath.
Well, it manifests through the use of rest mode, so I'm not sure how you can surmise that these issues don't have anything to do with using it. Seems to me like rest mode is the primary variable that allows for issues.

Well, it manifests through the use of rest mode, so I'm not sure how you can surmise that these issues don't have anything to do with using it. Seems to me like rest mode is the primary variable that allows for issues.
If the claim is "rest mode causes issues" and I know of 6 consoles that only know 2 states:
  • played on
  • rest mode
since day 1, and none of them have these issues, then I suppose my counter-claim of "faulty console" seems more likely.
I dont believe in being lucky as of not having encountered the problem, because if rest mode would be the thing that causes it, it wouldnt be used for 10 years already, as well as being a problem is "just the minority thing" as is always with hardware faults.

I built that one with pretty much every engine modification and high-rpm turbo (and SS tires, though they have nothing to do with straight line pace) and it can barely keep pace with a stock MK1 GTI, any newer GTI would obliterate it. The Alfa Veloce and Citroen DS are still faster than the R4 in a straight line... it's just not fast, and I don't think there's anything else you can do to it to make it so.
You are talking about the Tsakuba race, right...?

I gave it a try now with my fully tuned up R4 an I caught the leading Golf MK I before the first turn of the second lap an won the race by 10 seconds...the tuned up R4(with SS tires)has PP 482,94 so of corse it should win that race easily...

I also did a custom race at Tsukuba with a Golf GTI MK I, a Golf VII GTI, a Polo GTI, a Scirocco R, a Cvic Type R 97, a Civic Type R 98, a Clio RS 220 Trophy, a R5 Turbo and a Lancia Delta(all cars stock with PP between 400 and 499) on hard difficulty and finished second 6,420 behind the Scirocco...

Tuned up, that car is fast!

or with gran turismo logic

Daily races = updated weekly
Weekly challenges = updated monthly

:lol:
Kill Him Remember The Time GIF

I don't mind if there will be more Porsche/Radical/Civic races because I like driving those cars and I enjoyed those one make exclusive races...it even had something like a cup-feeling to it

The Tesla is a totally differnt story though...there is really nothing there what I like about that car

Last edited:
I don't mind if there will be more Porsche/Radical/Civic races because I like driving those cars and I enjoyed those one make exclusive races...it even had something like a cup-feeling to it

The Tesla is a totally differnt story though...there is really nothing there what I like about that car
Agree. But there are way too many cars in this game and tracks they do well at to repeat like it has. I don't mind. I like this game with all its quirks, but there is so much potential. And it just sits there.

This. It's fun to have spec races with these cars. They should venture out more though. Maybe an all AE86, all WRX, etc.etc.

Haven't played quite as much this week with no weeklies to do, but I did make some time to do the newly added European Clubman Cup 600 at Suzuka.

This is another one of those sus races where the AI seem to have one or two insanely fast cars in the pack. This time it was that tuned Alfa GTAM which has to have 700hp or so. I tried this one few times, once with a 580PP Porsche 959, again with a tuned AMG C63 and then again in a stock GTAM on SM tires... all of them would be fine passing second place, but the AI Alfa would always be a huge distance ahead of everyone. The GTAM I drove was stock on SM, right at 595ish PP and the AI Alfa just rockets away on anything resembling straight tarmac. The recommended PP for this one is, of course, 600PP... but I want to know what the number is for that Alfa, because it's got to be much higher than that. This and the other Clubman Cup races seem to include cars that are fighting way above their class.

That all made me say screw it, grab the AMG GT Black Series and take no prisoners. I don't really like going with an OP car for any races (and the AMG is at 652PP here, so it's not crazily over-classed), and typically choose low PP cars for the challenge, but I was kinda fed up with this one. I don't think I've driven the AMG since the beginning when it was used for one of the Nurburgring license tests and it's a shame, because it's a big ol' teddy bear that effortlessly eats up real estate. It feels like the GT3 version with everything turned down to a 7. I thought it would be an oversteer monger, but it's very stable and although it seems understeery you can just keep turning in and it will keep on giving you more and more grip. I'll be using it much more in the future.

Looking forward to having our weeklies back!

Last edited:
Not a sneak peak, but expect a Porsche/Radical exclusive race for the new challenges.

Because why da hell not.

I am gonna throw a wrench into the pool: Some Tesla stuffs going to happen as well.

PD will feel sorry for us missing a week and do an all special event week. Tesla, Radical, Porsche and Civic and throw in the SF race at Fuji for kicks.

Rewards are all 100k, 200k and 6-Star (Parts)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well... no-one quite got it - although the guys in the Time Trial thread were close... :lol:

Back