Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,519 comments
Nice to see another new one make race, wish they'd make them a bit more varied in length and conditions though. Rest were usual easy stuff, I still enjoy WTC 800 because I've got so many cars to use, ended up using an engine swapped A110, pitted once and had a full dry race. Prizes were terrible this week, 5 star ticket gave me a Pagani invite, I think Kaz turning up and throwing a brick through the window with a fiver stuck to it would be better.

Cars this week:
full

This week's weapons of choice(a couple overkill):
For Tsukuba it was my Mini. Won by 2.5 secs
Tsukuba Circuit__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Nurbirgring I downgraded to a stock TT with SS. I first tried it with my swapped TT but that was way overkill. This one was more fun. Won by about 5 secs.:
Nürburgring Sprint_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Trial Mountain was in my Moffat inspired Boss. Overkill so I may visit it again with something less lethal:
Trial Mountain Circuit_ (6) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Here's another overkill because I thought we'd have some heavy hitters. So I set up the EVO I used for the TT with a Tsukuba Praiano tune modified for Bathurst. I'll return with something less lethal:
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit__3 (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Lastly the trusty R5 at HSR. No rain. By the last lap I had lapped everyone. LOL
High Speed Ring_ (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Updating the good/bad/ugly based on the GTP account "fair-play" playthrough (new assessments in italics):

Good:
  • A special event that is not a one-make, which is also the first time the AI uses more than one make (yes, all 3 of the Honda Civic Type R (EK) variants are eligible for that one-make, but all the AI drivers use the Touring Car)
  • An event (mistakenly said 2 originally) that were freshly released in the previous update
  • New(er) content (based on online footage so far, the Toyota GR Corolla and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III) in the Mount Panorama Japanese 4WD Challenge
  • It's relatively easy to get the CRB bonus in all 5 races
  • It's possible to overpower the competition in all 5 races as the only PP-restricted race is the High Speed Ring WTC 800, where the competition uses Gr.3 machinery and the 2008-era GT500 cars are eligible
Bad:
  • An estimated race time of 50:45 (original estimate was 49 minutes, which would have pretty much held with a dry High Speed Ring WTC 800 race, which happened on the Plus account) on normal difficulty and not overpowering the AI with trick tunes
  • Between 645,000 Cr. and 817,500 Cr. in guaranteed Cr. for wins (depending on getting CRBs), one of the worst guarantees (12th-worst in absolute Cr. with clean wins, 17th-worst of 19 in Cr./hour with clean wins)
  • A measly 5-star ticket as the non-credit prize, which has a miniscule chance of turning good with 500,000 Cr., 1,000,000 Cr. or a valuable car and a higher chance of turning ugly with either a special part or an un-needed invitation
  • A requirement to tune whichever Audi TT/TTS one uses in the special event, at least playing on normal difficulty with moderate ability (D DR in Sport and an average online time-trial time between 4% and 5% off the fastest)
Ugly:
  • The first repeated Weekly Challenge event - the Trial Mountain American Clubman Cup was in the 2/8-2/14 Weekly Challenge, and like that appearance, there is no new(er) content
  • One's chance of success in the Tsukuba Sunday Cup Classic is very dependent on where the up-to-two Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloces, especially the one driven by Gallo, starts

Last edited:
Usually people will say "man, what a wasted opportunity" for a lot of things, but most especially when talking about games. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.

Saying that this HSR event is a wasted opportunity certainly falls under the "WE ARE DEFINITELY RIGHT!". A nostalgic and absolutely banger of a track, 20 laps, dynamic weather, beautiful sunset at the end... AND ALL OF THAT FOR 160k CREDITS.

This race is only 1 minute shorter compared to Sardegna, paying 325k less. Why? I lost all hope when they introduced the RA Gr.1 30 minute race with bad prizes and no special CRB, but this one... holy **** it makes me mad.

One could argue that the AI is really bad on this track, but they're not that great at Sardegna either. Man... what a wasted opportunity...

1n9RYKI.png
CgrKT8n.png

U86gYdx.png
UiZbfy2.png

0I1XRhP.png

Got to scoop up the CLK-LM (a week or two after the Nations race, thanks PD) and win HSR by 2+ laps. And got a Peugeot VGT out of the ticket, which I'm obviously never going to use but it's a million less credits required to fill out the collection, so that works for me.

I finished the rest of the WC with team Overkill Tomahawk S for the 1st & 4th races , Nismo GTR 17 fully tuned for the 2nd race and a partially 03 TT. I got a TS050 from the 5 ⭐ 🎫. I must say I enjoyed the HSR race. I do wish it paid out a little bit more because it is really fun.

Welp

Just realised with move to Friday for the weekly race reset I forgot to do the new set of races that came on 8th March.

Oh well I had too much going on in my other games but unless i see decent prizes on offer I will probably let these go for the time being since I am playing way too many games that have daily event stuff to do...

Usually people will say "man, what a wasted opportunity" for a lot of things, but most especially when talking about games. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.

Saying that this HSR event is a wasted opportunity certainly falls under the "WE ARE DEFINITELY RIGHT!". A nostalgic and absolutely banger of a track, 20 laps, dynamic weather, beautiful sunset at the end... AND ALL OF THAT FOR 160k CREDITS.

This race is only 1 minute shorter compared to Sardegna, paying 325k less. Why? I lost all hope when they introduced the RA Gr.1 30 minute race with bad prizes and no special CRB, but this one... holy **** it makes me mad.

One could argue that the AI is really bad on this track, but they're not that great at Sardegna either. Man... what a wasted opportunity...

1n9RYKI.png
CgrKT8n.png

U86gYdx.png
UiZbfy2.png

0I1XRhP.png
I am so happy, that I have almost all cars I like in my garage by now and don't have to judge races by their payout per minute anymore...

If I have fun with a race, I like it, if not, then not...and I don't give a **** what the payout is...

First Clean Sweep! Lucked out with Clear weather at HSR!
  • Sunday Cup Classic - Alfa Sprint GT 🔰
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge - Nissan Concept 2020 VGT 🔰
  • Tourist Trophy - TT Coupe '03 🔰
  • American Clubman Cup - Corvette C8 🔰
  • WTC800 - McLaren 650S GT3 🔰

Rewards:
  • 5k from 3-Star Daily
  • 500k from 5-Star Ticket

Last edited:
I used:

'83 Golf Gti @352pp
R32 GT-R V-spec II '94 @603pp
TTS Coupe '09 Stock
Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18 @ 687pp
GT-R NISMO GT500 '16 @797pp

Trial mountain was probably the favourite this time, started off steady but kept improving each lap and still managing (just about) to retain traction.

Highspeed ring I went medium tyre, FM3 - after a couple of laps figured if I saved fuel I could do it without stopping, so went FM6, was going just fine until heavy rain appeared on lap 9. I ended up loosing it and was subsequently nailed by spinning AI cars - restart, FM2 stop on lap 9 with the weather, on to inters and it wa a comfortable win.

The TT race was hard work but made it to P1 - just!

Edit: Got 100k from the 5* ticket

Last edited:
Finally had some time to get to these new weeklies over the last couple nights. I don't really care about the payouts, I care about how fun the races are. This week was alright.

The Sunday Cup at Tsukuba is ok... too damn short like just about everything is. This should be like a 10 lap race at minimum. Took a Miata out on CH tires and had a good time, and was impressed by how well the Citroen DS can hustle along.

EVO IX - Mount Panorama

Every time I get in this thing it feels like a special occasion. For some reason the EVO IX feels a little more complete than many other cars in the game. The steering has a certain weight to it, feedback seems to be increased, and the thing just does everything really well even if it is quite a bit oversteery on the brakes (even with the bias is all the way to the front). Regardless, I don't think there's a better weapon than this for beating up some AI at Panorama. Hammering this thing through the kink and down the hill is awesome. In this case the EVO is stock besides SS tires, but still had no trouble taking everyone down with ease.

Audi TT - Nurburgring

Next up was the TT race, and I wish the TT shared more traits with the EVO (considering they are both transverse engine AWD set ups) but it just doesn't. I've never been a fan of haldex based AWD setups as they just feel like a FWD car that's occasionally pushed from behind. There isn't going to be any power-on oversteer here, more like slide it in on the brakes and try not to understeer on the way out. This TT is lightly modded with sports exhaust, intake, intercooler and a tune to represent a common street setup.

The AI on these NGP layouts are always pretty pathetic, braking HARD for the kink on the back straight and messing up pretty much all the other corner complexes. If you time it right you can pass them in groups.

Not a bad race, but nothing remarkable either.

Mustang GT350R - Trial Mountain

This was a 700PP race, so why not bring out a 600PP 350R for a "challenge"? Well, spoiler alert, it wasn't a challenge at all, and I'm tempted to see how low of a PP car you can use to win this one.

The 350 is stock other than SS tires, and as always is one of the best drives in the game. It feels lighter than it is, brakes super well, turns in like a monster, and can be manipulated pretty much how ever you would like, to include as much oversteer as you can ask for.

Trial Mountain AI sucks. The first corner esses are the premium passing area, if you can avoid them taking up a bunch of space going 50mph slower than you, but despite its PP deficit, the 350R bested these AI in pretty much every conceivable way.

Supra GR3 - High Speed Ring

You all remember this one? I do. I remember how frustrating it was before I figured out that if you keep any sort of pace and get the right tires on at the right time, this is pretty much a given win even when it seems impossible. The AI are going to pit a LOT.

I did this one first with the 911 GR3, even with it being under 700PP in an 800 race. I took third and likely would have won if I didn't spin coming out the the pits when going back to slicks. Rookie mistake.

Since I didn't want to do it all over again with added pressure, I hopped into the GR3 Supra at 740 something PP. It keeps pace much better than the Porsche and made the race much less stressful. I wanted a LOT of rain, but it barely came at all, and despite being hit and spun spun by back-marked 458 I still took the win by 10sec over second place on completely worn inters, in fuel trim 6, and coasting to not run out of fuel. No replay on this one because there just isn't much to see.

That's about it for this week. Not bad, but nothing super exiting either. Hoping for a little more variety and challenge (and money too) next week. This weeks Time Trial at Sardegna is providing the challenge, uniqueness and fun that's been lacking from some of the weeklies, so that's where I'll be if I find myself in GT7 in the next handful of days.

Happy driving everyone!

Last edited:
The cars I used this time for the weekly - once again on hard AI using PSVR2

Screenshot_2024-03-16-16-31-21-873.jpeg

• Suzuki swift swapped Jimny - I did initially try this event with a stock abarth bipos5o...but it clearly wasn't fast enough even for these pathetic AI so I brought out a engineswapped Jimny, that isnt modified any other way apart from the engine, got 1st place on the final corner of the last lap!
  • aero modified moderatly modified de-powered modern NSX - I actually forgot how much modifications I put on this one...as it won handily in 5his event...which is a relief since im terrible at bathurst.
  • highly modified 1st gen Audi TT - initially tried this with newly available 2nd gen TT with only aero mods....but then I saw the AI were using modified ones, so I decided to try something different by bringing a highly modified 1st gen TT - won handily
  • Highly modified 3rd gen Dodge Viper SRT/10 - one of my favourite cars of all time and actually my favourite viper looks, so for me this was a no brainer, had a really fun drive around trial mountain here - 1st place!
  • un-BoP'd default Suzuki VGT Gr3 on racing mediums - now you knew I was gonna shove in a VGT somewhere...even if it was a bad idea as this car is notoriously bad on fuel, but coincidentally it's also good on tyres, I BARELY managed a one stop to get 2nd...or so I thought, as I ran out of fuel on the final straight with the Audi R8 right up my tailpipe...which thankfully his attempt to overtske got cut short as a porsvhe 911 blasts past us both, meaning i only got 3rd - but crucially thst qualifies for the weekly

weekly-challenge-cars-2024-03w2.jpg

Tsukuba: First time driving the AE86. Didn't make any modifications. It was a already too much for that race. It was a fun drive. Easy win.

Bathurst: Again, first drive of that GT-R. I put on some SS tires as I figured I'd need them on that track. Glad I did, because some of those downhill braking sections were sketchy. Still a fun drive. Easy win.

Nurburgring: First attempt was with the '03 TT. I put SS tires on it, but otherwise it was unmodified. Could only reach P5. It just couldn't keep up on the front straight. So I pulled out my other TT, the one I'd heavily modified and tuned to use in the WTC 600 races. That did the trick. Easy, easy win.

Trial Mountain: Maiden voyage for the GT '17, too. I went for SS tires, but didn't make any other changes. It was still well shy of the 700PP limit, but it had no problem getting past any of the other cars on the track. I was in the lead by the end of the second lap and I found myself a little annoyed that I still had to drive out three more. Oh well. It is a fun car to drive.

High Speed Ring: I picked the Gr.3 Beetle because I've picked VW for the Manufacturers Cup races and wanted to get some more time in the car. I'm actually not sure if it is modified in any way. I usually drive it with BoP setting. Anyways, I ran a 8RM-8RM-4RM strategy. It was an easy win.

The 5-star ticket was 100,000 credits. Oh, well. Maybe not the best prize. But I do these Weekly Challenges to drive cars I haven't driven before and go back to retry races that I haven't done since I was working my way through the menu books. Still worth the time, in my book.

The odds are you (and me, and the rest of us) will be disappointed. The guaranteed "good" prizes from a 5-star are 500,000 Cr. (13% chance), a car worth at least 480,000 Cr. at Brand Central (7% chance, though some sometimes resell for under 200,000 Cr. while others are a multi-million-Cr. gold mine) and 1,000,000 Cr. (1% chance). Most likely, you'll get 100,000 Cr. (36% chance).
happy to report that I got the ugly! 😂

finished the all the WC and the 5* the roulette had 500K, 1mil and 3 cars (inc 2 high value) and I get...a Audi TT cup car gr4 (350k value) duplicate that sells for 162K
👎👎

so this WC ended being quite probably the less lucrative one of them all for me, meh!

As for the races themselves, didn't have much time on the 1st night so I breezed through Tsukuba with the '83 Gti

Then won Mt Pano 4wd challenge with a '14 Sti tuned(and livery)to mimic as clossly as possible an S209, really had a blast at this event and it is one of the cars in my garage I enjoy the most.

Audi TT Special event, neither was I able get a clean race bonus along with a win with a stock '09 TTS on stock tires after 3 tries (best finish 2nd). I should have made my life easier by selecting the '14, but the '09 fun car to drive though. I agree with everyone saying that 3 laps for this event is too little...should have been 5 to have a realistic chance for the win+CRB with a (stock) older car.

Tonight I did the American Clubman Cup in GtPlanet fashion with the beloved Plum Crazy '18 Dodge Demon as another member here suggested already and I must admit that it was very fun to drive and it brought variety from last time I ran this event, so I enjoyed it, thanks for the suggestion 👍👍

To finish the night I did the HSR 20 laps with the outdated and not very performant 458 Italia that drives like sh... in the game and that drives worse than a base 458 in real life for some reason...the street version 458 being an absolutely outstanding track car in real life...not even talking about the GT3 which I've had the chance to drive...ok back to the game: on 1 attempt I was on inters, running 1st and had no choice but to pit in for fuel on lap 18 since I wasn't gonna be able to make it to the end on fuel management even though I tried my best, decided to put on some Racing softs since the track had a clean dry line and as soon as I got out of the auto mode, the car spun like crazy and went directly into the wall. The car went up directly in the outside wall and I couldn't get outta there for like 35 seconds, then it got spinning around for what seemed like an eternity, had to stop everything, change FM to 6 and TC to 5 just so the car could proceed out of that spot 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬!!!!!!!!!!
Drove the last 3 laps like a madman cursing like crazy all along(and after)...going through the field and before the esses that lead to the tunnel that Sti makes a completely random move while alongside and bumps me out of the dry line and it's off into the wall again for another round of happiness! 🤬
Ended up 18th 😬
(lost 25 minutes for nothing)

So I had to do it all over again...changed my strategy and managed every aspect very cautiously and not taking any chances, plus when I pitted with 4 laps to go I put some new inters again this time around. Finished 1st with almost a 1 minute lead, at last. Didn't get the CRB for some reason.

So 50 minutes+ spent only on this event, plus everything else before, on quite possibly the less lucrative WC to date.

And the irony of it all, after finishing the race, I go back to my garage and now notice the 458 GT3 is needing a 100K engine overhaul and a 30K Restore Rigidity...all that for a 160K win!😂

Last edited:
Sunday Cup Classic - DC2
Japanese 4WD Challenge - Whatever the newest GT-R is
Tourist Trophy - TT Coupe '03
American Clubman Cup - My trusty heavily modded Ford GT
WTC800 - The Lexus Gr.2 (can never remember the name)

5-star ticket was an engine swap for a Mustang? 4-star ticket was 30K credits, woooo...

happy to report that I got the ugly! 😂

finished the all the WC and the 5* the roulette had 500K, 1mil and 3 cars (inc 2 high value) and I get...a Audi TT cup car gr4 (350k value) duplicate that sells for 162K
👎👎

so this WC ended being quite probably the less lucrative one of them all for me, meh!
That's still better than 100,000 Cr., or a special part, or an unwanted invitation.

18e489f9cfe30-screenshotUrl.jpg

I forgot I did this. 600 pp gt 350 at trial mountain hard mode. Don't remember if I got the crb but I feel like I did. If not, it's doable. Great car for this race. I think it's just got sport soft tires to get it to 600. They are the single biggest gain in this game when tuning fast road cars in my opinion. The SS Tire physics in this game are probably the best of any for my style.

Second Account:

Race 1 at Tsukuba: Stock Honda Fit - Second place. First is way too far ahead. I would need a car that net the requirements to win this race. I’m also 3 bourbons in, so my lines may not be the best….

Race 2 at Bathurst: Stock Toyota Yaris. 1st place. This thing is completely out of control on the brakes. Like stupidly drifting in to turns, but despite my drunk ass behind the wheel, I won.

Race 3 at the Nurb GPSprint circuit: Stock Audi TT ‘03 - 2nd place. Had to run this one a few times as the TT likes to slide all over the place in the first sector. I yelled a lot at the AI to “GET OUT OF THE WAY!” They are just so slow on the second half of the track. They brake pretty hard going in to the kink on the back straight. Completely ruins a good lap if you happen to be anywhere near them at that part. Anyway, 1st place was 11 seconds ahead of everyone. No chance at catching him.

Race 4 at Trial Mountain - Chevy Camaro ZL1 ‘18 - 1st place. I can’t remember if I have any mods on this car or not. If I do it may just be SM tires. I originally tried the Gr.3 Corvette Road Car but that thing is awful. The back end has no grip. This was super easy with the Camaro, though.

Race 5 at the High Speed Ring - Toyota Supra GT500 - 1st place. Upgraded the turbo and a racing transmission so I could go above 200mph. Ran FM4 the whole time. Super easy win. The rain came right as I needed my first pit, so I swapped to intermediates and ran those for the rest of the race. 45 second lead.

My 5* ticket gave me a Gr.2 Nissan GTR from ‘08. So that was pretty cool. My first Gr.2 car in this account and one small step closer to collector level 50.

Last edited:
View attachment 1337980
I forgot I did this. 600 pp gt 350 at trial mountain hard mode. Don't remember if I got the crb but I feel like I did. If not, it's doable. Great car for this race. I think it's just got sport soft tires to get it to 600. They are the single biggest gain in this game when tuning fast road cars in my opinion. The SS Tire physics in this game are probably the best of any for my style.
It definitely is, as I got the CRB with the same exact car just a little above you ^.

Great minds must think alike. We did this race in the same car, and 2cam up there did the MP race in a stock EVO on SS like I did.

B5B2CDD2-7003-4E8A-8649-CA5B46E9766F.gif

Today I finished the last 2 races left, and I kept the overkill theme.

• Viper GTS 13 at Trial Mountain. Easy CRB win
  • Mercedes CLK LM 98 at HSR. Easy wet win.

I think that HSR event is underaprecciated. If the payout were decent (even without the certain CRB bonus as at Sardegna) it would a great race to repeat over and over.

20970658475673975.jpg

The 5 stars ticket gave me..... A Pagani invitation. Which would be my 3rd this year and 4th overall. The funny thing is that yesterday I had an invitation expired for the same Pagani dealership.... Go figure.

Back