Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,951 comments
I wonder what I do wrong.

This weeks Race of Turbo Sportscars.
Tires racing slicks, intermediate and wets.

Middle of race it begun to pour down and track was not good for slicks and the wet bar went up 2 notches. I tried to have pitstop. Car drivers through pitlane without pitstop. I did restart the race and tried alternative route with yellow sidelines and car went through pitlane again. Pitstops are forbidden in this event?

#dazedandconfused

Last edited:

Middle of race it begun to pour down and track was not good for slicks and the wet bar went up 2 notches. I tried to have pitstop. Car drivers through pitlane without pitstop. I did restart the race and tried alternative route with yellow sidelines and car went through pitlane again. Pitstops are forbidden in this event?

#dazedandconfused
I think that events with road cars, such this, usually have AI on sports tyres which, having grooves, are more compliant with rain and therefore do not require to pit.

You can use filters for group, country, make, drive train, etc. Sometimes you have to ask it a few times before it finds a car that meets the criteria.
Yeah, that's what I was expecting. Kind of hoping that they had developed a tool selecting only among the eligible ones though

#dazedandconfused
Had a bit of rain at lap 3 but not more so did all the race with same tyres and no pit with a 690PP Silvia

Kudosprime to choose my cars again...

Japanese FR Challenge 450 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
American FR Challenge 550 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
Lamborghini Urus One-Make - Lamborghini Urus (duh!)
Race of Turbo Sportscars - Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
World Touring Car 800 - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16

That's actually a brilliant bunch of cars. Very happy with that set! I'll make a start on that later today...
Japanese FR Challenge in the Mazda RX-7 = easy win with CRB.
American FR Challenge in the Camaro = easy win but missed out on CRB due to a wildly swerving Shelby Mustang on the second lap.
Lamborghini Urus race at Lake Louise = easy win but lots of panel bashing!
Race of Turbo Sportscars in the Alfa 4C Road Car, on RS tyres, completely dry race and won by over 25s with CRB.
WTC800 in the Gr.2 GT-R was a walk in the park.

All done and dusted.

Last edited:

#dazedandconfused
Are you using manual transmission? I see a lot of people accidentally hitting “don’t change” on the tyre selection screen when changing gear going into the pits!

Are you using manual transmission? I see a lot of people accidentally hitting “don’t change” on the tyre selection screen when changing gear going into the pits!
Yes I use manual indeed. Race cars are meant to drive as manual.
I have different buttons set for pitstop menu, so I doubt that is the case.
I tried that very same event - as replay - and approached pit entry by coasting and I was granted no pitstop.

Eventually I went back to race menu, switched intermediate tires for my Mercedes 190E and completed 5 laps of Suzuka in 100%e dry weather. :lol:

Last edited:

#dazedandconfused
This is really interesting that you aren't even allowed to pit. It's as if the devs really want to discourage the use of racing tires.

After too many bad experiences with rain, I adjusted all my tunes to Sport Soft tires. If I'm feeling extra hateful, I run Intermediates the entire race because there is no tire wear.

This is really interesting that you aren't even allowed to pit. It's as if the devs really want to discourage the use of racing tires.

After too many bad experiences with rain, I adjusted all my tunes to Sport Soft tires. If I'm feeling extra hateful, I run Intermediates the entire race because there is no tire wear.
Event forces to use racing slicks (or intermediate or full wets). No sport tires allowed on this.

Edit: It doesn't force to use slicks, I just had no sport tires.😶

Last edited:

#dazedandconfused
Can you use the console's Share/Create feature to save a video of this and show us?

#dazedandconfused
I think you have right about this one that didn't allow to pit .
Doing this at the morning, i had to change the car and accidentally took one that was at intermediate tyres from another race .

Rain fall during the end of second lap and become harder afterwards but didn't see ANY from the AI going at the pits at the board .
So probably there's no pit option for this race otherwise with so much rain definitely the AI should have to change tyres .

He remind me a race at Green hell that rain might caught you out after the first half but there's no option to pit ,simply cause you're far away from them and you have to go on on tyres you are.

Last edited:
Sooo, first of all it doesn't. The only restrictions for Race of Turbo Sportscars are a 700PP limit and a turbocharger.

You're right about the pitlane drive-through though.
Oh yes, thank you for correcting me. I rechecked that just and indeed I haven't even bought sport tires for this car. I recently bought dual copy of very same car car to just have it's engine swapped. When I completed this event I got notice I can only use hard slicks or wet weather tires. Maybe informing me medium and soft compound would go past 700pp.

Pitstop was denied though.

When I completed this event I got notice I can only use hard slicks or wet weather tires. Maybe informing me medium and soft compound would go past 700pp.
Yes, exactly that.
Pitstop was denied though.
Indeed, and I've no idea why. I've added a sentence to the article just for you :D

Last edited:
Used on Turbo Sportscar & the WTC800 at Lago Maggiore...
18f40a7e97c92-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_438982424980392_1714775097579.jpg

Used on the American FR...
18f40a8117b69-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_438982426989179_1714775105426.jpg

Used at Tokyo...
18f40a8660242-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_438982428959814_1714775113124.jpg

didn't get Pic at Lake Louise, everyone knows what we had to drive...

Already done with them all, it was an expensive session 😅

1) Japanese FR 450 @ Tokyo Expressway

Kudosprime said I was to use the S13 Q's but the only one I had was the LS-swapped monstrosity, so I resorted to the K's instead. Thought it was stock, it was swapped with the SR20; still it made 440-something PP which was perfect. Except, the stock S13 on CM tires doesn't really love to stay straight with the more powerful engine, so it was quite the challenge. Somehow got CRB despite hugging the walls quite a lot, it was fun anyways even though it took me quite some tries.

20969936642973876.jpg

Won the first money ticket and a 3* daily marathon which gave me an incredible 5k.

2) American FR 550 @ Trial Mountain (R)

For this one I was to use the 2016 Camaro SS, which was a new drive to me; kept it stock on SH tires for 550-something PP. Wonderful machine, a bit explosive until you get the proper feeling, but it was a great drive. And Trial Mountain never disapponts. Also managed to snatch a CRB again.

20970974887968177.jpg

3) Urus one-make Special @ Lake Louise

I have to admit, this was more fun than expected. Sure, the Urus is big, fat and fit for a football player from the Italian Serie A, but it lets itself be thrown around the snowy circuit happily and the twin turbo V8 is highly responsive. I still hate this car because of its existence, but I have to admit it is fun off-road. Stock car with snow tires, no CRB since I've had my run-ins.

20970541742413018.jpg

Second money ticket obtained.

4) Race of Turbo Sports @ Suzuka

The designated car for this event was the R34 GT-R Nür, which I had never driven before. Couldn't find a 700pp tune that was either updated to new physics and not engine-swapped, so I did eventually spend the 1.1 mil to slam the R92CP engine in it and gave it the Praiano treatment. This car is simply stupid for how fast and broken it is, it overkilled the competition and then overkilled Le Mans 700pp as well which I ran for some extra money, also made me run 8 laps instead of the usual 7. Fantastic machine, completely broken, best LM money grinder ever I guess.

20970371278408908.jpg

5) WTC 800 @ Lago Maggiore

Kudosprime had picked for me the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II for this, and I honestly thought I owned it, turns out I didn't. No problem at all, let's spend 1.6 mil to buy it! Before starting this race I was left with something like 100k, but oh was it worth it! This car is a god among Gr.3's, I could run a two stopper with RM tires and on FM3 and nearly lapped the last few drivers, and I really suck at Maggiore. A very powerful machine which also brought me back down Memory Lane. No CRB since the AI likes to ram me on turn 1.

20969984190535305.jpg

Final ticket obtained, done for the week!

This week's choices:
Uggghh that Urus is overpowered for LL,IMO. I had an easier time on dirt. Made for an exciting race which I only won a few turns before the finish. Seen here after overtaking Danny W. for 2nd
Lake Louise Long Track_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Used my Chevelle for TM. Too easy. Will try my Shelby 350 this week.
Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
My trusty R5 with an easy win.
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
I hate Tokyo so just wanted to get it over with. Chose my GT America Brian Heitkotter inspired Z which was at 650 or so PP. It was over when we entered the first tunnel. lol
Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Decided to use the same car for Suzuka. Another easy win:
Suzuka Circuit_ (8) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Had a good time with this week's races. Tried to pick cars that would provide a close battle with a bit of a challenge.

Japanese FR 450 at Tokyo
The swapped but stock AE86 Levin felt right, considering all the new GT86s in the field. Came up a bit short the first attempt on CM tires, but set up the fully customizable transmission to get the hachi roku the win.

1000005994.jpg

American FR 550 at Trial Mountain
Ended up trying out The Judge for the first time tonight, stock on SH tires. Had a great time with this one. After clearing the field half way through lap 2, the Viper and I battled to the end. He easily had 30 mph on me by the end of the straight, but the GTO had decent balance and traction and held him off through lap 3.

1000005995.jpg

Urus at Lake Louise
Close ratio transmission (short) with weight reduction made this fairly straightforward. Ok race, enjoyed the car, but felt too big for the track.

1000005999.jpg

Race of Turbo Sports at Suzuka
'95 911 Carrera RS with the swap is such a beast, I figured this lightly tuned version would be perfect for this race, even on SS tires. Unfortunatly, this death trap didn't have grip for Suzuka, and powersliding in 4th gear couldn't get me past the Merc AMG GT-R at the front. Was neck and neck through Casio, but lost traction coming out of the final corner.

1000005996.jpg

Stopped by GT Auto and upgraded my aero. Reduced my ECU to get under the PP limit, and returned to Suzuka. The Merc was too much of a coward to return for a rematch, and the Supra was no match for the newly grounded 911.

1000005997.jpg

WTC800 at Autodrome Lago Maggiore
My favorite thing in the world is rolling up to a competition between modern race cars in this little innocuous yellow '95 Lancer Evolution, and proceeding to reel them in one at a time lap after lap. FM2 for 6 laps on RH tires, FM1 for the final 4 on RM tires has me taking the lead at the start of lap 9. Viper tried to keep up, but never stood a chance.

1000005998.jpg

1000005993.jpg

Last edited:
Last night I got the 5 races done, here it goes my choices:

• Special Event Lake Louise - Lamborghini Urus (of course....)
  • American FR 550 Trial Mountain reverse - Viper GTS '02 (stock with sport brakes. SH)
  • Japanese FR 450 Tokyo - Toyota Supra '88 (stock CM)
  • Race of Turbo Cars Suzuka - RUF CTR3 (stock with sport brakes. SH)
  • WTC 800 10 laps Lago Maggiore - BMW McLaren F1 '97 longtail Gr2 (detuned with power restriction. RM FM1. Pit stop at lap 5 for new tyres and a pinch of gas)

The Lake Louise event was horrible but I hate to admit, as much as I despise the SUV trend of nowadays automobile industry the Urus is fun to drive in the game. It's big, loud, fast and different! I may apply Praiano's tune to it and see where else can I drive it.

Lago Maggiore is the best of the original tracks in the PS4/PS5 era (not counting the classics or their remakes) and it fits the Gr3 perfectly.

All tickets received just fine.

Last edited:
Back